ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand they were cowboy boots which are a bit diffrent then snow boot. Snowboots have padding to thicking the boot up. Cowboy boots are usually slippery and if they dont fit right your feet do fall out or at least your heel can slip out making it hard to walk.

I understand they're cowboy boots. My husband's boots aren't snow boots. They're tactical boots, which are also not cowboy boots, but boots are more or less designed the same way. The slipping out of cowboy boots would make it hard to walk and could trip him up, but it's not necessarily going to make the boot just fall right off his foot like that. Come to think of it, one of mine used to try to wear his dad's cowboy boots (and again, husband is 6'4" and has HUGE feet) as a toddler, and they didn't fall off but sure did make it hard for him to walk.

Heck I'd be wobbly too if I was on a camping trip in rough terrain in boots too big for me!

Just saying...

Are you thinking that the oversized boots are notable because it means that they are bad parents, or that it is so unbelievable that he would be wearing oversized boots that it must be something they fabricated? I am not a PR spokeswoman for the oversized boots industry. I am just not yet tracking with the implications! ��

Vilt is saying they should have put out an Amber Alert. Does he not understand the requirements for an Amber Alert? Seems like we go over them every time a child goes missing. Someone takes the time to explain what information has to be established, but you'd think he would know!

And "turned up missing" always seems contradictory to me, not that it matters.

The PI said in that earlier interview that the Amber Alert wasn't issued because the situation didn't fit the requirements, something like that, as though he agreed. So now he's criticizing them, saying they should have issued an Amber Alert, I suppose because of this one alleged sighting? Because AFAIK, that's the only information that's different than it was from the beginning. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong. So would that sighting by the woman involving a man in an older model tan Buick with Oklahoma plates be enough to fit the criteria for an AA ?

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

Summary of Department of Justice Recommended Criteria
  • There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
  • The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
  • The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
  • The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

I understand they're cowboy boots. My husband's boots aren't snow boots. They're tactical boots, which are also not cowboy boots, but boots are more or less designed the same way. The slipping out of cowboy boots would make it hard to walk and could trip him up, but it's not necessarily going to make the boot just fall right off his foot like that. Come to think of it, one of mine used to try to wear his dad's cowboy boots (and again, husband is 6'4" and has HUGE feet) as a toddler, and they didn't fall off but sure did make it hard for him to walk.
Idk I guess everyone is diffrent I just know when I have gone to feed I couldn't just throw on any boots because the few times I have tried to use my dads boots my feet do slid right out of them because they are to big.

Are you thinking that the oversized boots are notable because it means that they are bad parents, or that it is so unbelievable that he would be wearing oversized boots that it must be something they fabricated? I am not a PR spokeswoman for the oversized boots industry. I am just not yet tracking with the implications! ��

My kids were always in oversized boots
thing is Id think we would have found his out there if he wandered off.

Im not honeybun but theyre notable to me because if they are so big he'd walk out of them then there is no way he went very far without anyone finding a boot..on his own anyway..IMO Which leaves other scenarios and it would also rule out a mountain lion to me cause a boot would have fallen off if theyre that large .

apologies for even mentioning the tampons, reposting without that word as it wasn't my point:

right there with you desertblue...

IMO I'm discounting anything the PI or a new SAR team come in with, regardless of how they were hired nor by whom. the PI is already biased as he has a prior relationship with the family (http://www.localnews8.com/news/priva...ddler/34678944) and tells us they were buying French fries when the family said candy. K9's won't be very effective at this point as the 'scene' is beyond contaminated after one month and thousands of boots & paws on the ground.

which leaves us back at square (camp) one. when exactly did the family arrive at timber creek and did cameras on 93 or the stage shop capture anything or any one at any time?

ETA: IMO, candy, French fries, and his cowboy boots are extraneous detail having nothing to do with his disappearance. deorr sr & jm did point out the black truck and that it was a 'problem'. regardless of the clerk's timing, they themselves pointed it out. and the omittance of the exact time of arrival is information that is sensitive.

so IMO the black truck, the store, the campsite and timing are relevant...how, I have NO clue...JMO...

No I don't think they are bad parents. Perhaps uninformed on proper shoes but not bad.

I do think they made a bad choice taking a small child on a camping trip with shoes that did not fit him.

Finally I do think if he wandered off in oversized boots they would have come off and he would be walking barefooted and would probably sat down and cried close by.

Also if he was carried away by a mountain lion they would have fallen off his feet.

I find it strange the oversized boots that fell off his feet haven't been found.

Kind of hung up on that one.

MOO

Im not honeybun but theyre notable to me because if they are so big he'd walk out of them then there is no way he went very far without anyone finding a boot..on his own anyway..IMO Which leaves other scenarios and it would also rule out a mountain lion to me cause a boot would have fallen off if theyre that large .
That's been my issue with a mountain lion as well. As much as I think it could of been a mountain lion or somethin I think they would of found at least one of the boots or something.

My kids were always in oversized boots
thing is Id think we would have found his out there if he wandered off.

Because they grow so fast we bought them a little large. Maybe they were new and that's why he wanted to wear them, his new big boy boots. :(

ETA: So if taken by a Cougar, they'd probably fall off, at least one of them. Or if he'd wondered off, well, they'd have found him and/or the boots. But if abducted by a human, they'd make sure they didn't leave them behind, pick them up or hold them in place so he didn't lose them. jmo

apologies for even mentioning the tampons, reposting without that word as it wasn't my point:

right there with you desertblue...

IMO I'm discounting anything the PI or a new SAR team come in with, regardless of how they were hired nor by whom. the PI is already biased as he has a prior relationship with the family (http://www.localnews8.com/news/priva...ddler/34678944) and tells us they were buying French fries when the family said candy. K9's won't be very effective at this point as the 'scene' is beyond contaminated after one month and thousands of boots & paws on the ground.

which leaves us back at square (camp) one. when exactly did the family arrive at timber creek and did cameras on 93 or the stage shop capture anything or any one at any time?

ETA: IMO, candy, French fries, and his cowboy boots are extraneous detail having nothing to do with his disappearance. deorr sr & jm did point out the black truck and that it was a 'problem'. regardless of the clerk's timing, they themselves pointed it out. and the omittance of the exact time of arrival is information that is sensitive.

so IMO the black truck, the store, the campsite and timing are relevant...how, I have NO clue...JMO...

We chase our tails about mountain lions and boots and french fries.

We are thirsty for any tidbit and how we run with...nothing!

MOO

The PI said in that earlier interview that the Amber Alert wasn't issued because the situation didn't fit the requirements, something like that, as though he agreed. So now he's criticizing them, saying they should have issued an Amber Alert, I suppose because of this one alleged sighting? Because AFAIK, that's the only information that's different than it was from the beginning. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong. So would that sighting by the woman involving a man in an older model tan Buick with Oklahoma plates be enough to fit the criteria for an AA ?

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

I don't think LE can get past #1 of the Amber Alert Guidelines. JMO

Was researching a bit on these kinds of scenarios and came across this, sounds pretty scary. Don't know if any of you have ever heard about these books on this guy's work?

David Paulides is a retired police officer who has written a book called Missing 411. In his book he gives a comprehensive picture of a number of unusual cases of missing persons which baffle relatives and authorities.

Many people who read it call it the most disturbing book they have ever read. It is impossible to put down or forget.

One person writes, "What was creepy about the book was not so much the stories about people who disappeared forever - after all, I read and write about missing people every day - but about people, mostly children, who disappeared and then were found in places where they should not, could not, be."

Pauides has been investigating the mystery of people who vanished for many years and created a huge database on the subject. The results of his research are frightening.

"Four years ago I was in a national park conducting other research and was staying at a room off the park.

On one of those nights I had a knock at the door and two off duty national park rangers stated they had information that they wanted me to hear.

They explained that they had worked at several parks during their career and had participated in many search and rescues of lost visitors.

Read more: http://www.messagetoeagle.com/missing411.php#ixzz3iiQbWMP5

What if the store sighting was at 6:00 PM Thursday. Then they went to the campground and something bad happened at some point Thursday night. Someone buried the body or hid it somewhere. This person gets nervous when the search is underway and worries the body will be found. So, on Saturday, this person breaks a window in a truck and uses the EMT bag to go out and get the body and put it in the bag and then leaves the campground with the bag and body to dispose of it elsewhere. This would explain why they want the store sighting to be on Friday instead of Thursday and also explains the EMT bag. Just a thought.

Because they grow so fast we bought them a little large. Maybe they were new and that's why he wanted to wear them, his new big boy boots. :(

ETA: So if taken by a Cougar, they'd probably fall off, at least one of them. Or if he'd wondered off, well, they'd have found him and/or the boots. But if abducted by a human, they'd make sure they didn't leave them behind, pick them up or hold them in place so he didn't lose them. jmo

The only other thing i can think of is if he fell into a body of water in his boots and got carried downstream by the current, if there was any such waterway nearby that little DeOrr might have come across? But i don't know what is around that area and i see that picture of him with quite a large lake or river behind him in the photo, but don't know where that picture is from and if it's where they were camping at?

I always buy my daugther's boots big - at least 1 or 2 sizes up from what she is wearing. Boots are expensive and their shoe size changes every few months so if you want them to last at least a year you buy big! She LOVED boots and would stomp around in them any chance she had. When she was 2 and 3 she wasn't walking/hiking long distances so it didn't really matter how big they were or if they were falling off. She loved them and that was all she cared about. I honestly think she liked them big because they were fun to walk in just like when she would slip her foot in my shoes and stomp around the house.

I don't see anything weird or wrong about this little guy having boots that were too big aside from the fact that they haven't been found. This leads me to believe they are with him wherever he is! My thoughts are that those boots either helped his little feet find their way to some water or they are on his body somewhere in those woods and just haven't been found.

Okay, I get it - sorry, I read it differently.
It happens all the time to me [emoji4]
It can be hard some times on these forms cause we can't hear the tone someone would be using if talking. Esp me on my phone.

I remember buying shoes a little bigger for my children too when they were little because the boys feet grew so quickly, and just needed to put some thicker socks on their feet in the winter to make them fit a bit better until they grew into them.

What if the store sighting was at 6:00 PM Thursday. Then they went to the campground and something bad happened at some point Thursday night. Someone buried the body or hid it somewhere. This person gets nervous when the search is underway and worries the body will be found. So, on Saturday, this person breaks a window in a truck and uses the EMT bag to go out and get the body and put it in the bag and then leaves the campground with the bag and body to dispose of it elsewhere. This would explain why they want the store sighting to be on Friday instead of Thursday and also explains the EMT bag. Just a thought.

I've had the same thought about the EMT bag. Or what if someone new where Deorr was and he was hurt but still alive and they wanted to help him but couldn't tell anyone because they hurt him.
My only problem with this tho is that it wasn't just the parents there. Would the grandfather and his friend help and lie for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member