ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so what I'm garnering from y'all's campground research is that the particular site they chose is practically off the grid (compared with others that are more defined and advertised on websites as well as geographically more accessible) ?

am I wrong? :blushing:

The only links I have are the ones I have posted previously which are the same ones other's have posted.

From the map, when I click on each of the two tent icons at Timber Creek Campground it display a bubble with info and then a link to the corresponding page. Here are the descriptions for each:

LOWER:
2 sites in the lower campground have picnic tables and fire rings. There is a vault toilet in the campground, but no drinking water or garbage services. Nearby, the upper campground has a hand launch on the lake for nonmotorized boating. Please pack out your trash.

UPPER:
5 sites with picnic tables and fire rings. There is a vault toilet in the campground, but no drinking water or garbage services in the upper campground. The upper campground has a hand launch on the lake for nonmotorized boating. Please pack out your trash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The thing is, I don't think they are listed by campground name at ALL on the main page that lists all the campgrounds, primitive or otherwise. Also, there are two separate links, as you've posted, for the campground. The first link is for the lower campground and the second link appears to be for both upper AND lower, doesn't it? So the question remains, are there 2 sites down below and 5 up above for a total of 7, or are there 2 sites down below and only 3 up above for a total of five? And, how does one find this/these site/sites from the main page?

ok so what I'm garnering from y'all's campground research is that the particular site they chose is practically off the grid (compared with others that are more defined and advertised on websites as well as geographically more accessible) ?

am I wrong? :blushing:

It is more off grid than others. However, I don't believe that it was chosen because of that. Most people who go camping in that area want to be alone - and nothing bad happens. It sounds like this was a family favorite spot for years (although D sr had never been there before - but he is relatively new to the family).

I am not defending the situation because I have my own ideas and concerns - but I don't think the spot was chosen because of that IMO

Eta: most of the campsites (listed or not) and off-road and hard to get to. Meadow Lake is no walk in the park and they have many sites (including a camp host - which I'm concerned might be the RSO, but that is another post...)

Eta: although to an outsider the campsite might seem "hidden" or unknown - it is definitely known to locals (including SAR and LE). Which is who they would be hiding from if it was chosen for a specific reason. That is why I don't think they chose it specifically for that. I still don't think he was ever there - or very fleeting. An accident (hot truck) is at the top of my list.

Or foul play and the perp was careful to leave no trace behind.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks ninij9! It could be fingerprints, blood, etc. It fits my scenario that something terrible happened to Deorr caused by an outsider.

From a distance all one would see would be his light blond hair bobbing through the woods as he's wearing a camo jacket.

A hunter might be unaware there was a family camping in a remote primitive campground. Just saw movement in the tall grass thinking it's a coyote or a rabbit...

https://www.google.com/search?q=hun...69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Has this news story been posted? If it's already been linked, I apologize. It has some more info from the PI.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944
I wonder why the PI is making the distinction he is a "former Kunz family friend". And what does that mean?

Vilt, a former Kunz family friend who now works as a private detective in Montpelier, was critical of the Lemhi County Sheriff's office for failing to follow up on potential leads.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944

This one says 7 sites:
https://www.campendium.com/timber-creek-reservoir

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Here's the link for the main page:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=76008&actid=29

Under the bold title Leadore Ranger District there is a link for Reservoir Creek Campground. When you click on that link it says there are two sites (not 5 and not 7). Here's the "problem" (if it even IS one). I think, from what I have read over the past five weeks, there's been a mixture of descriptions and opinions based on areas that weren't applicable to where the family camped. Do we KNOW how many sites there are altogether? How many in the upper and how many in the lower? Are all these various links about the same "campground" the family was at or are some of them for different campgrounds and if so, which are which?

I wonder why the PI is making the distinction he is a "former Kunz family friend". And what does that mean?

Vilt, a former Kunz family friend who now works as a private detective in Montpelier, was critical of the Lemhi County Sheriff's office for failing to follow up on potential leads.

The kid that did the reporting looks like a summer college intern. I think he meant was a former family friend and now is the PI.. dont think it was anything but bad sentence structure. jmo

Thanks ninij9! It could be fingerprints, blood, etc. It fits my scenario that something terrible happened to Deorr caused by an outsider.

From a distance all one would see would be his light blond hair bobbing through the woods as he's wearing a camo jacket.

A hunter might be unaware there was a family camping in a remote primitive campground. Just saw movement in the tall grass thinking it's a coyote or a rabbit...

https://www.google.com/search?q=hun...69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

BUT.... coyotes and rabbits are not hunted with bows. And the family certainly would've heard a gunshot (and reported it).

And for those who think it could've been someone poaching another type of animal - very unlikely. One would not do it in broad daylight in a camping area. That type of stuff happens at night and further away from people to reduce the chance of getting caught.

An accident from someone hunting (legally or not) is at the very bottom of my list. MOO

~~Looks like it's attached to something "vertical"...like a pole or post...Could it be a road sign?
No, because it's not in any of the other photos. I'm not sure it matters since this photo was taken before 1 pm on Thursday. But it could...

I don't think that's the PI making the distinction, because obviously he's not a "former" friend. I think the reporter needs some help.

I began to wonder about that since it seems some of the information posted is about one of the Timber Creek Campgounds and some is from a different one. Where is the link that shows this campground listed with the Ranger District it is located in? The Leadore Ranger District doesn't list a Timber Creek Campground. It shows Reservoir Creek but I can't find the Timber Creek Campground listing in that Ranger District. Odd!

ETA: Reservoir Creek says there are only two primitive sites. Here's the link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=76078&actid=29

Nothing about five sites with three being above and two down below. I KNOW it's been described that way with five sites throughout the forum. What the heck!!

It's also described with 3 upper, 2 lower sites on the Timber Creek Campground page via Forest Service. I'm not on my computer to post links, but I linked to it up thread.

By contrast, when Jerold Williams went missing, they provided the specific size of the shoe along with a photo of exactly what it looked like, even going so far as to state the shoe pictured was one size different than the shoe he was actually wearing. No one has ever provided photos of exactly what DeOrr was wearing or even close matches to it.

Yes! Within a few days and his disappearance was always treated as a missing person (child wandered off and got lost) AFAIK, NOT an abduction. Yet another thing that doesn't make sense in this case. I think CNN putting up "representations" of the clothing is more harmful than helpful. How hard can it be to go online and find a photo of the same jacket, boots and pants? Also, was he wearing a shirt and socks underneath in case he slipped out of his jacket and boots?

Isn't 28 the road the family would've come in on from Idaho Falls?

Yes, but since photos are only taken every 15 minutes (if that) we don't have a great chance of catching their vehicle(s) on camera. :(

I've been following along and reading each and every post. The things that are most puzzling to me, are not when they got to the campsite, but what happened when they got there. It seems there is only one road leading in and out of that particular site. Apparently no one entered of left there and if they had they would have been seen.

An abductor would be crazy to have even attempted to steal a child with only one access in and out. So then we are left with the woods. Looking at the maps, the rugged area would be a real problem. I can't see that happening.

The boots not being located, or at least one of them is a REALLY HUGE problem also. If an animal had gotten to this child, a blood trail would have been left behind, and a cadaver dog would have hit on that immediately. AND, an animal wouldn't eat boots.

(modsnip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member