GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

Lori's brother Adam and uncle Rex announced a couple more episodes of their podcast. On Friday they will have a guest - Lori and Adam's cousin Braxton, who was in the PAP movement together with Lori and knew Chad. I have not heard his name before. On Thursday Adam and Rex will address some questions about Melani P. On Monday Adam and Rex will be on Nancy Grace's show together with Nate Eaton.
The podcast episode with Lori's cousin Braxton is out on YouTube. He is a hardcore prepper himself who got into Julie Rowe's podcasts and books at the same time as Lori. When JR had a book signing in Idaho, the cousin met Chad as her publisher. He didn't find Chad charismatic or liked his books, but later also lost interest in JR as she deviated further from reality. In 2017 the cousin visited Lori in Hawaii and they discussed doomsday books the entire time. They both read any they could find. Braxton didn't know that Lori got together with Chad and thinks she was way out of his league. The only thing Chad had to offer her was his claim he could predict the future. After Lori was arrested, Chad called Braxton a few times (Lori gave him the number) and tried to make him put down his house as collateral for Lori's bail. Braxton is not very familiar with the details of Chad and Lori's case, because he thinks that Lori might have killed the children because she tried to protect them from the imminent apocalypse. She once told him that she would drive into hot lava with them if the end of the world caught them in Hawaii. As the most clued up family member in the end uncle Rex articulated perfectly her motives for the murders.

If Lori stated that she would drive a car with her children in it into hot lava, then to me, this means that she would be willing to take her own life if she thought the end of the world was coming.

If we follow that same “logic,” if Lori thought the end of the world was coming, why did she not end her own life?

Obviously, this is a rhetorical question, but I am posting it before people want to give any credence to what Braxton said.

Lori looked out for Lori.

Catching up with this case after a long absence, forgive my ignorance of the complexities of US legal proceedings which are limited to knowing what a sidebar is, basically.

Glad LV's been found guilty, listened to phone calls her sister and eldest son had with her, heartbreaking stuff, she's an utter narcissist (there's one in my family, not as deadly but has caused a lot of pain over the years)

Expect CD to use a line of defence that she was in charge assisted by AC...not buying it, but expecting it. Not sure how much I can say with his trial pending...

Watched the impact statements and sentencing hearing this weekend...my heart breaks for the family and as for her contribution to the sentencing...wow, just wow. Deluded, in denial, whatever, typical narcissist behaviour. She managed to make it all about herself and the comments she made about the children being happy and busy and telling her she did nothing wrong were pretty sick. She just wanted to make a new start and airbrush those kids out of her life. Terrible.

I've ordered a book called The Doomsday Mother to try and understand the background/timeline a little better, and will continue to keep an eye on developments from here in the UK. The book gets quite good reviews here so hoping it will help me get my head around this complex case a little more.

So if she's convicted of charges in relation to CV, could she get the death penalty? I know she managed to avoid it in Idaho, but what about Arizona? If I understand it correctly, they resumed carrying out lethal injections in 2022 after an eight year hiatus.

My thoughts with the families and all involved who have suffered, especially Tylee and little JJ.

R.I.P.

I don't pretend to understand Lori in the slightest, and I don't really want to. But it surprises me just a little that she never put more effort into appearing normal and innocent. How hard would it have been to pretend to be concerned for your missing children, or upset by your husband's (Charles's) death? But no, she wasn't bothered. I suppose because she finds it impossible to think of anyone but herself.

I don't pretend to understand Lori in the slightest, and I don't really want to. But it surprises me just a little that she never put more effort into appearing normal and innocent. How hard would it have been to pretend to be concerned for your missing children, or upset by your husband's (Charles's) death? But no, she wasn't bothered. I suppose because she finds it impossible to think of anyone but herself.
Another factor that I think is easy to overlook is that Lori and Chad were surrounded by a number of enablers, tolerators, and fellow travelers who gave an air of legitimacy to their delusions. I think things would have been very different if this had been Lori and Chad vs the world.

Because she's mentally ill. That's not to make light of it, but cities see naked people roaming the streets and it's not just drugs. She was obviously fit to stand trial, but they read off numerous mental health issues.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammy Davis Jr
Back