ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are tweets from Hidden True Crime allowed here? If yes, does anyone more adept at social media know how to link the newest?

I think I.just saw a tweet that suggests Chad, too, is aware he is fighting for his life.

Apparently his attorney just filed something that had something to do with a local innocence project- I always loose the thread with twitter. But it looked hot at a glance!

-MOO Ruminations

I'm looking. Is it this??

Interesting info about the LDS subpoena -

"Lori Daybell's team also prepared two subpoenas – one for Dave Channer, an attorney with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, requesting "any and all Church records including attendance records, temple records, disciplinary records, records of accomplishment, or any other records" that pertain to Daybell."

What exactly are church records meant to prove?

Interesting info about the LDS subpoena -

"Lori Daybell's team also prepared two subpoenas – one for Dave Channer, an attorney with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, requesting "any and all Church records including attendance records, temple records, disciplinary records, records of accomplishment, or any other records" that pertain to Daybell."

What exactly are church records meant to prove?
As someone raised LDS, I think they're looking for something they can use for 'character' to make them seem shinier to any LDS who end up on the jury, but I could be way off. LDS are a culture and a society all of their own. Yes, even the ones who murder folks are seen as beloved family, still, in a way nonmembers aren't. Yes, even those who murder children. There are conversations that might enlighten those who aren't LDS about why this is a thing over on the Haight family thread.

As someone raised LDS, I think they're looking for something they can use for 'character' to make them seem shinier to any LDS who end up on the jury, but I could be way off. LDS are a culture and a society all of their own. Yes, even the ones who murder folks are seen as beloved family, still, in a way nonmembers aren't. Yes, even those who murder children. There are conversations that might enlighten those who aren't LDS about why this is a thing over on the Haight family thread.
I think they want to see church records to show that Lori had several disaplinary hearings with church leaders throughout her life, as well as temple attendance - which probably increased after she met Chad. It’s super sus for a person to attend the temple in a daily basis… super weird.

Mental health huh?
Wow, I have missed that Greg Hampikan has been involved. Can someone explain what his invovlvement has been?

IMO, he is a DNA rockstar. He not only helped with the DNA that exonerated the man wrongfully imprisoned in the Daralyn Johnson case, (there is a thread here) but also helped find the real killer.

Wow, I have missed that Greg Hampikan has been involved. Can someone explain what his invovlvement has been?

IMO, he is a DNA rockstar. He not only helped with the DNA that exonerated the man wrongfully imprisoned in the Daralyn Johnson case, (there is a thread here) but also helped find the real killer.

Justin Lum's tweet from Aug 9, 2022 (BBM):

Objection to motion for consumption of DNA evidence filed by Chad Daybell’s lawyer + affidavit by DNA expert Greg Hampikian — Boise St. professor states he wants to observe extraction, be notified of results & wants half of DNA for further testing if there is sufficient amount.

Lori's former attorney is giving his opinion on her latest motion to dismiss:

The controlling issue for this motion will be how long of a delay of speedy trial is allowed when in the midst of a pandemic. This will be litigated in various states and at the federal level. Answers will vary depending upon politics, in control politicians, defendants…

Same thread as above (posts by MM):

I’ll say it again, the moment they consolidated the trials the compromises of constitutionally guaranteed rights began in earnest. Speedy trial vs. waiver of speedy trial is the tip of the iceberg for that case. Improprieties from day 1! Comes out now or on appeal.

…sitting judge, religion, political climate, etc. Lets be real, does anyone seeing Judge Boyce granting this motion? Fremont would run him out of town on a rail. LDS church would put a curse on East Idaho. Now the 9th circuit on the other hand….

Lori's former attorney is giving his opinion on her latest motion to dismiss:

The controlling issue for this motion will be how long of a delay of speedy trial is allowed when in the midst of a pandemic. This will be litigated in various states and at the federal level. Answers will vary depending upon politics, in control politicians, defendants…

He's not totally wrong. However, was that even mentioned in JB ruling? It's been a bit but I believe it was all legal reasoning that JB cited. I don't recall the pandemic being one of them but I could easily be wrong. It's been awhile since that

I don't understand from the tweet what Prior/Chad were filing. That such an expert wants to oversee the processing of this DNA since August slightly clears it up. But not entirely. It seems likely to me that DNA will be somewhat anti-climatic.

With his work on proving innocence with DNA, I could see how a defendant would like to bounce his name around. Yet absence of Chad's DNA does not seem to me likely to add doubt to his involvement- and presence of his co- conspirators DNA doesn't help Chad...does it?

I wonder what kind of DNA finding would be favorable to Chad.

In addition, it would be hard to believe the story the DNA supports if the story is generated after the DNA findings are available, and not before.

New Topic:

The filing asking Lori for more information about her alibi is very interesting. The State asked for exact times and which witness applied when. Tthe filing said MG, DW and/or Chad, which is not precise. While the state is asking for specific times for her alibi, Lori's team is asking for September surveillance footage. As if she needed it to refresh her memory about where she was when.

MOO.

I tend to discount the opinions of Mark Means. And the "swing for the fences" assertions and motions of Archibald, of course, that try to tell us these killers are being mistreated somehow.

Both are far from objective - they are highly paid to invent and publicize whatever helps the Daybells and makes them look good. Their arguments will cherry-pick only what makes those killers look the best, or that might make us think they are somehow in the right, and will ignore "the rest of the story" in hopes we (and the court) will be deceived.

Take the "1169 days" mentioned in the Jan 26, 2023 motion. It was a clever number, because it's eye-popping "fact" that is easy to repeat and cause alarm -- but it's so easy to see that it's a nonsense number. IT'S JUST A LIE, A MADE UP THING.

If you go back 1169 days, what was going on? The police had arrested the Daybells and they were locked up awaiting trial in 6 months??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That was all the way back in Nov 2019. At that time, the 2 kids had disappeared, the wife was dead, the Daybells married in late Nov, and no one knew what happened to their kids. They said the kids were with MG, and then took off and went into hiding. In Dec 2019 to Jan 2020, they were holed up in a rented condo in Hawaii, and late in Jan 2020 they were found and being ordered to produce the kids under a court order.

The clock on a speedy trial OBVIOUSLY didn't start with any of that. Archibald knows that, of course. It's just fiction.

It was much much MUCH later -- and over and over the defense itself has created many delays after that, one after the other, where a trial can't be scheduled until this or that is done. And then another delay, cancel that date, find another place in the schedule.

Here's a website with a timeline, and it's easy to see that there's been nothing outrageous in how this case has been done. Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell case: A timeline of events

This is a wild swing at a miracle, and (in light of the outrageous and clearly fictitious number of days, in a LEGAL motion) mostly a publicity stunt imo.

Of course, they want you and me to be scared these stone-cold killers will be set free to find more "zombies" they can identify and kill when it fits their whims. They want to paint these monsters as being mistreated by the authorities who caught them and locked them up, which prevents them from killing more people.

The court will treat these nonsense motions seriously, because they have to, but not buying any of it. It's not like the court is unaware of what has been going on.

<respectfully snipped for focus>
Doesn’t apply in this case because of child abuse.

If not tried together you still can't force them to testify against each other because they can plead the 5th - not testifying on the grounds it might incriminate them. It puts the defendant in jeopardy under cross examination.

If tried together you can never force a defendant to testify in their own trial. If Lori and Chad are tried together and the prosecution tried to make Lori testify, it would put her in jeopardy under cross examination and be forcing her to testify in her own trial.

If Lori wanted to cut a plea deal with prosecutors and then be severed from being tried with Chad, then as part of her plea deal she would have to testify against Chad.

My understanding of it from other trials with co-defendants.

If not tried together you still can't force them to testify against each other because they can plead the 5th - not testifying on the grounds it might incriminate them. It puts the defendant in jeopardy under cross examination.

If tried together you can never force a defendant to testify in their own trial. If Lori and Chad are tried together and the prosecution tried to make Lori testify, it would put her in jeopardy under cross examination and be forcing her to testify in her own trial.

If Lori wanted to cut a plea deal with prosecutors and then be severed from being tried with Chad, then as part of her plea deal she would have to testify against Chad.

My understanding of it from other trials with co-defendants.

You can't force a witness to testify against themselves. You can compel a witness to testify against a co-defendant if it does not incriminate the witness.

I live in Utah, so although I'm not LDS, I am familiar with the culture.

This is an interesting strategy, IMO, considering how many LDS adherents are already "no true Scotsman"-ing the Vallow-Daybells and claiming that they are fringe-group extremists. Presenting evidence that LDS leadership (who are supposed to have the power of discernment) knew about what CD & LVD were teaching in their books and podcasts and not only did not call them in for disciplinary hearings, but still allowed them temple recommends and callings may not have the effect the defense is hoping for, IMO.

I think they want to see church records to show that Lori had several disaplinary hearings with church leaders throughout her life, as well as temple attendance - which probably increased after she met Chad. It’s super sus for a person to attend the temple in a daily basis… super weird.
But it's the defense team requesting this. They wouldn't be looking for things to make their client seem at odds with church authority or weirdly over-zealous in belief or practice. Even though her behaviour shows she is clearly both of those things. They'd be looking for successful church callings, regular attendance, tithing paid, etc. Things to show she's a good little LDS girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle