ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing sticking with me from today was when LV knew about the change in beneficiary. Will they play the recording of her finding out it's not her. Was this simply an oversight by the prosecution today or will this be played later down the road. If I were a juror and knew nothing of this case, I would assume LV knew prior to the death of Charles which would eliminate financial gain from the list of motives. (Seems like today would have been the time to do it along with the whole cremation call.)
If they don't get it in with this witness I think they'll have the insurance company introduce it.

@Gardenista
I’m trying to catch up but do we have any info on why the kids bodies were treated differently? The ‘removed hands, duct tape’ etc.
Unless Chad confesses, that can never be known.

I would not underestimate the fact that Tylee was their first attempt to make a body disappear, and maybe they just didn't want to repeat that disasterous experience...

I agree with the saying "Never attribute to malice, something that can be adequately explained by incompetence."

ETA: I also want to comment on the oft repeated belief that Tylee was particularly hated.

Possibly, but IMO, more importantly, it would have been impossible to kill JJ as long as Tylee was alive. She was his protector, as we see in their last photo together.

JMO

Last edited:
@Gardenista
I’m trying to catch up but do we have any info on why the kids bodies were treated differently? The ‘removed hands, duct tape’ etc.
These folks aren't very smart and I doubt there was any deep thought or ritual behind how they dealt with the bodies. Tylee was a much larger person and simply harder to handle and my guess is that they didn't want to go through what they did with Tylee again. JJ, being much smaller, was much easier to handle and I'm sure they simply wanted to get things done much quicker.

Have the texts (between Alex and Lori?) of the Chandler PD slideshow been released before, or will this be new info?
I believe the slideshow itself is new, which is why the defence was given overnight to review it. I do not know whether the contents of the slideshow are new which is why the defence objected.

I believe the slideshow itself is new, which is why the defence was given overnight to review it. I do not know whether the contents of the slideshow are new which is why the defence objected.
(and @wnk who asked the question) the powerpoint presentation is a selection of messages and emails extracted from Charles's phone. These were included in police reports turned over to the defense but Thomas was saying he didn't have time to compare them for accuracy / context, which is why he was given time overnight.

Summary of tweets - Thursday, 4/13/23 - Melanie Gibb / part 4

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
13h
NEW THREAD: Court is back in session. Boyce is on the bench and jurors will be brought in.

Sketches from this morning show Melanie Gibb on the stand and Lori Vallow Daybell next to her attorney.

Sketches.jpg Sketches2.jpg

Melanie says when Chad and Lori told her JJ was possessed, she took it to mean he was possessed by an evil spirit.

Thomas asks Melanie about her relationship with Tylee. Melanie says Tylee didn't like her and Melanie tried to be kind to Tylee - "I'm always kind to everyone" - and Tylee didn't like her from the beginning.

Thomas asks if Kay was going to receive the life insurance money from Charles' death, there wouldn't be any financial incentive for Lori, correct? Melanie says she doesn't know.

Thomas asks Melanie where she heard Chad would lose his exaltation if he got a divorce from Tammy. Melanie says that's what Lori told him.

Melanie says police in Idaho called her twice when they were trying to find JJ. Melanie says she told Gilbert police, "I had him but I don't have him anymore." She told Gilbert police that Lori came to pick him up. Melanie says that was not the truth.

Thomas asks Melanie if she and David Warwick ever got married. She says they are married.

Melanie says after she recorded the call with Lori and Chad, she contacted Det. Pillar with Gilbert Police and said she would send him the call.

Thomas asks about dark portals. Melanie says Chad explained to Lori how to make a portal. Lori's was in her closet and Chad's was on his bed or in his room somewhere.

They could communicate through their portal. You couldn't physically see them but it was made up in the spiritual realm. Thomas says, "Did you have a portal?" Melanie says, "Oh no."

Thomas asks Melanie who Korihor is. She says he's an anti-Christ in the Book of Mormon who was struck dumb by a prophet. Melanie says Lori had become an anti-Christ.

Thomas asks who Alma and Joseph Smith are. Melanie says Alma is a prophet in the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith translated the book.

Thomas asks Melanie if she has any reason to believe Lori was not in Hawaii when Tammy died. Melanie says she had no reason to believe otherwise.

Melanie says the idea of having a vibration level high enough to be translated was a new idea to her but vibrations are often used in new-age, energy work type concepts.

Melanie says Alex totally bought into the zombie concept. She said to Alex, "Do I know want to know what happened to JJ?" He said, "You don't. You don't want to know." Melanie said Alex then told her that police came and took all his guns and they are "very evil people."

He said police also visited Melani P.'s house and took all her money.

Alex told Melanie that Chad gave him a patriarchal blessing that was very touching. Alex was very emotional about it and felt honored to have the blessing.

Alex never told Melanie where the kids were so Melanie later asked Zulema if she knew where the kids were. Zulema said Alex told her the kids couldn't be found. John Thomas has no further questions for Melanie.

Lindsey Blake now follows up with some questions. She asks if there was anything about Tylee's behavior that was out of the ordinary for a teenager.

"If you have teenagers who are ornery and disrespectful, she would fit in that category." Melanie says Lori was usually pretty calm with Tylee and tried to be friends with her most of the time.

Melanie says she flew to visit Lori in Hawaii in Feb. 2019. Lori was in daily contact with Chad and she would often sit on the balcony and chat with Chad for a while. They would go to the beach and Lori would talk with Chad on the phone. Tammy and Charles were both alive.

Lori told Melanie that she had been on the earth before. Blake asks if marriages are common in the temple for those who are LDS. Melanie says hi. "Did you want to believe Lori?" Blake asks. Melanie responds, "Sometimes. She's very convincing."

Melanie says four days after Charles died, Lori contacted her.

Melanie was concerned Chad and Lori would try to accuse her of something. That's one of the reasons she recorded the phone call.

She says at the time she made the call, she no longer believed the things Lori had taught her and that she was teaching false things for her own personal gain.

Blake asks if Melanie observed a pattern once someone was deemed a zombie. Melanie says yes. If people started questioning Lori or thought something was suspicious, that person became dark or a zombie.

Melanie says Lori referred to Tylee, JJ and Charles as a zombie. Lori said Tammy was possessed.

Melanie says Alex was designated as the protector for Lori.

Melanie says she recalls prosecutors telling her that all they asked was for her to tell the truth. Blake says, "Is that what you have done today?" Melanie responds, "Yes." Blake has no further questions and Melanie Gibb is off the stand.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

Summary of tweets for Thursday, April 13th - Chandler Police Detective Lt. Nathan Duncan

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
12h
Next witness is Chandler Police Detective Nathan Duncan.

Duncan is sworn in and takes the stand.

Duncan.jpg

Lindsey Blake is questioning Duncan. He has been with the Chandler Police Department since June 2000. He has been working in the robbery/homicide unit for nine years.

Duncan was working on July 11, 2019. He responded to a report of a shooting on Four Peaks Place in Chandler. Alex Cox called the police around 9:30 a.m. and said he had shot his brother-in-law.

Blake asks to admit CAD -- computer-aided dispatch -- notes into evidence. Looking at the notes, Duncan says the call came in at 8:36 a.m. and officers were dispatched at 8:37 a.m.

Defense attorneys ask for a sidebar with the judge. Many jurors and people in the gallery stand to stretch their legs.

Boyce says a technical legal issue has come up. He needs to go to his chambers for about five minutes so we are in a brief recess.

Lori is smiling and laughing with her attorneys during the break.

Boyce is back on the bench. Prosecution admits evidence from Lori's iCloud account.

Back to the police response to Charles' shooting. Duncan says everyone was assigned a role at the homicide scene like other homicides they respond to. The original lead investigator was Det. Nathan Moffatt. He was then promoted in June 2020 and Det. Duncan became the lead.

Duncan said a crime scene technician took photos of the scene. Once that is done, the crime scene detective goes through to see what is of evidentiary value. Photos are taken and evidence is seized.

Duncan says the body is considered evidence and the Maricopa County Medical Examiners' Office was called to assist and take control of the body.

The victim was identified as Charles Vallow. Duncan noticed there was no furniture in the living room and mirrors on the wall, "which was odd." Charles was laying on his back on the floor on the west of the living room.

Charles' shirt had been cut away from his body. Medical equipment was on his chest that was used to confirm his death, Duncan says.

Charles had one visible gunshot wound on the left side of his abdomen. There was not much blood present. Duncan says he has never responded to another shooting death with so little blood. There was not any blood spatter.

Alex indicated he shot Charles 2x in the chest while he was standing. Duncan says there was only one bullet hole initially but next to Charles, there were 2 45-caliber shell casings. Three was also a bullet next to his left shoulder which was lying on the ground "which was odd."

Duncan says Alex indicated he had given Alex CPR. Duncan says normally when someone is given CPR after being shot, there is more blood because of compressions on the chest but Duncan says there was very little blood.

Charles had abrasions to his knees, Duncan says. There was blood on a faucet inside the house. Duncan saw Charles' body being removed from the house by the medical examiner.

Duncan says in the living room, there was a tall baseboard and on the east side of the room there was a projectile that was stuck in the baseboard.

The projectile and the baseboard were kept as evidence. Alex was then brought back into the home and did a walk-thru to explain to police what had occurred.

Duncan says Charles would have been lying on the ground when the second shot was fired by Alex based on the entry and exit wounds on his body. Duncan says the shooting was considered a homicide. If a shooting is done in self-defense, police can still deem a death a homicide.

Duncan recalls looking at data on Charles Vallow's phone, his iCloud and Gmail accounts, phone records and other electronic info. Duncan also looked at Lori's iCloud account.

Duncan says police learned Charles' phone was the catalyst for an argument between Lori and Chad. Lori took Charles' phone with her in his rental car. That phone was later returned to the Chandler Police Department where an extraction was done.

Duncan says in the weeks and months following Charles' death, police learned of information that Charles had become a "dark spirit" and there were accusations of infidelity. Duncan looked on Charles' phone for any details about these things.

Prosecution asks to admit as evidence a PowerPoint presentation showing information retrieved from Charles' phone.

Thomas objects to having the evidence admitted. The PowerPoint was just put together this week and Thomas isn't sure what is in it. Boyce is concerned the defense hasn't had enough time to review it.

Blake says the messages in the PowerPoint have been available to the defense. We are taking an afternoon break so Boyce can confer with attorneys.

Still in a break. Lori sitting by herself at the defense table shackled to the floor.

We are back in the courtroom. Blake says the prosecution will move on to other issues and give the defense tonight to look over the PowerPoint. The presentation will be dealt with tomorrow morning in court.

Lori just turned around and smiled in our direction before turning back to look at the prosecutors.

Prosecutors and defense arguing whether evidence from Arizona can be admitted into evidence. Jurors have not been brought back into the courtroom.

Jurors are now back in the courtroom. Blake says the Powerpoint will be revisited tomorrow and she proceeds to question Lt. Duncan. She asks about a call that was placed to a mortuary. The FBI asked Duncan to contact Valley of the Sun Mortuary in Chandler.

Duncan says a phone call was placed from Chad Daybell to the mortuary. This is the call he is referring to:

Duncan explains that police in multiple jurisdictions were looking for any information in Jan. 2020 about JJ and Tylee, Tammy Daybell's death, Charles Vallow's death and the shooting at Brandon Boudreaux.

Blake asks to admit the call into evidence. It is now being played for the jury.

"We just had a death in the family and we really don't want anything but a cremation and then to send the cremains to family in Louisiana. Just a simple, nothing other than cremation and sending for a service in Louisiana.

Is there any way to know a ballpark price," Chad says on the call. Chad says his name is Chad Daybell - but then Spells is DABEL. He is asked how he's related to the person who passed. Chad says, "I'm his nephew." The operator asks what his uncle's name is for reference.

Chad says, "John Myron Dabel."

The operator asks if the person who died is at a nursing home, hospital or residence. Chad says he passed away at a hospital but he doesn't know the details.

Chad says he thinks they are sending him to the medical examiner. Then says, "I should have had more information before I called."

Funeral director now talking with Chad. He says his uncle doesn't have many relatives. Chad says he's his nephew and he lives in Iowa.

"What the family basically wants is to have him cremated in Chandler and have his cremains shipped to New Orleans and we will deal with his service later."

The funeral director explains all the fees for the transfer of the cremains. Total price is around $2,000. Chad says, "That helps me a lot. I'm going to call one or two others if we come that direction. Thank you so much."

Duncan says the call to the funeral home was placed the evening following Charles' death. The phone number on the call had been confirmed to Chad's phone. Charles was originally from Louisiana.

Lori's iCloud account was LORIFORSTYLE. Duncan found a blessing for Alex Cox on the iCloud account. There was an audio recording and a Word document. Chad and Lori were on the recording. The blessing was called a patriarchal blessing.

Duncan says those types of blessings are attached to the Mormon religion - the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's a blessing given to any worthy member of the church by a stake patriarch given for guidance through your life.

Chad gave Alex Cox the blessing but Chad was not the stake patriarch.

Blake asks to admit the recording of the blessing. It's 15 minutes long. We are now hearing the blessing. It was given June 24, 2019. Chad says the blessing was given in the Church of the Firstborn.

Chad's voice is monotone. He tells Alex he is to be a missionary and Chad says he is going to open the portals of time. Chad says in Alex's previous creations, he was a valiant warrior fighting for truth and righteousness always seeking to do what is right.

Chad said Jesus Christ chose Alex and he was right by his sister always. Alex had a humble heart and then was exalted in the fourth creation.

Chad says he could have gone on to exaltation w/ Holly but accepted the Savior's invitation one more time to come to this mortal realm to condescend as a God.

"You have already assisted us in ways that can never be repaid. You will continue to do so as you move forward in this life."

Chad to Alex in blessing: "The lessons you had to learn in your youth have made you a strong, powerful servant of the Lord that could not have happened in a traditional LDS home. You had to go to great depth to achieve tremendous heights."

Chad to Alex: "The Savior is saying unto me well done. Thy soul is cleansed. All is well. You will be a powerful servant. I bless you with the knowledge that you will now forward as a true warrior."

Chad to Alex: "You will be known throughout the world for your good-heartedness and your ability to save souls throughout the world through portals. You will be able to gather the souls who come unto Christ. I see you as a messenger of the Lord.

Your mission will be go among the people and testify as a prophet." Chad starts to cry and continues to give his blessing through tears.

Chad says Alex will be able to raise vibrations and will be given assignments to go further into the world always serving with a companion and they will communicate with Mother Earth herself.

"You will know where to be before natural disasters happen. You will be on location to protect key leaders and to preserve them as you gather little children in your arms saving them from floodwaters." Chad is choking back his tears and sniffling.

Chad says Alex will be an angel on earth and will literally glow for those who are allowed to see him. "At the proper time after many years of service in such ways, as the Second Coming approaches, you will know when it's time to move to the other side.

This body that has served you well will lay down one day and your spirit will leave this body. You will be greeted wholeheartedly and welcomed by the Savior himself. You will already know him but that reunion will take place on a greater plane.

You will feel the vibration will exceed all. Before the Second Coming appears, your body will rest a day or two and much like himself you will be resurrected." Chad says Alex will be right at the front of the "amazing kingdom of angels that will sweep the earth" as he's crying.

Chad blesses Alex with strength, power and dominion over the callings he will receive. Chad says Alex is part of a special team of people moving toward translation and the Lord will be with him at all times.

Chad says Alex will be a patriarch in his own home and the veil will basically be gone.

Chad says Alex now has nine angels assigned to him to watch over him for his faithfulness. Chad blesses Alex with a strong protection against Satan and his followers - Lucifer, Cain, anyone else who comes after him

Chad ends the blessing and you hear Lori say, "Amen." Blake has one follow-up question asking if there was a timestamp when the recording was made. It was on Nov. 24, 2019.

Court is now adjourned for the day. Questions will continue tomorrow with Duncan.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

Friday, April 14th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 8:30am – 3:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Was transferred to Ada County jail on 3/22/23. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22. Madison County
Trial began on 4/3/23 with jury selection & ended 4/7/23. 12 jurors & 6 alternates (10 men & 8 women).
Trial began on 4/10/23 (thru 6/9/23) @ 8:30am to 3:30pm. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last about 10 weeks) Trials have been severed. NO trial on Monday, 4/17/23.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/30/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-5 (4/3-4/7/23) & Trial Day 1-3 (4/10-4/12/23) reference post #136 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ybell-charles-vallow-arrests-69.674046/page-7

4/13/23 Thursday, Trial Day 4: State witness: Melanie Gibb, friend of Lori’s.
For more info see post #180 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ybell-charles-vallow-arrests-69.674046/page-9
For more info see post #199 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-69.674046/page-10
For more info see post #242 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-69.674046/page-13
For more info see post #458 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-69.674046/page-23
State witness: Chandler Police Detective Lt. Nathan Duncan.
For more info see post #459 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-69.674046/page-23
Trial continues on Friday, 4/14/23 @ 8:30am & ends every day at 3:30pm.
NO trial on Monday, 4/17/23.

*Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) – Pretrial motions hearing on 3/2/23. Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 was vacated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist