ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutor was right. This was all about money, sex, power and greed. Chad is a monster, no different from every cult leader. Very much like Jim Jonrs. Except Jones had lots of children in his group. Vulnerable lonely women needing attention. Lori is the monster he used to help him.

My only question, who would have been first to kill off the other? Chad or Lori? They both needed to be on top. Literally. My guess is Chad would have gotten rid of Lori.
It was definitely all about money for Lori. The SS benefits. The 4K a month she banked from both JJ & Tylee.Otherwise why in the h would Lori not question why Chads kids got to survive? Because she was only interested in money. Probably would of not kept Chad around as the money dried up.
With Chad I think it was his ego.
He used his words to flirt,weave a fantasy.
I read he told other woman they also had been married in another life. IMO he & LVD would have become bored with each other.

JMO
For the love of everything good I want this to be over.

He called it a murder. That did my heart good-

So far he hasn't said Lori is indicted there.

I have no clearer picture.

I am pleasantly flabbergasted- if that is a possible emotion- about the amount of info that has come into this trial.

Could you imagine being a juror- with little or no background? And not being able to discuss this with anyone? I would feel like someone just blasted a huge jigsaw puzzle at me with a cannon- all that was clear was the picture was gory and depraved.

MOO

The jurors will be discussing it with their significant others, no doubt.

Note the prosecution didn't waste any time getting out the photos and information about the children. I bet they want the jury to have it in mind though out the trial.

The jury will want someone to "pay" for these heinous atrocities.

I couldn't read about it, emotionally.
What I did read I am haunted by. Imagine being a juror seeing the photos? Too much.

Yes the information is overwhelming. I heard the jurors came in with note pads. They need those. Someone posted that in another trial the jurors couldn't take notes.

Anyone remember what trial that was? And why the judge wouldn't allow note taking? I don't get it.

Lori's contribution was the two kids' survivor benefits from their fathers. I have often wondered if Charles hadn't changed his $1M life insurance policy to Kay if she would have allowed Tylee to move out and attend college and let J.J. go live with Kay. I can imagine that Lori was enraged when she discovered that Charles was one step ahead of her (even though he lost his life). Charles did everything that he possibly could to warn the police that she was dangerous and even separated from Lori; however, it just wasn't enough in the end.

JMO.
Lori expected JJ to die in a car crash together with Charles a few times. She also told ZP that JJ was going to live a short life and even that he would return in his next life as Colby's baby. This was all before she knew about the life insurance policy change. IMO, JJ had always been in danger.

IDK...JMO, but I think LVD is more the ring leader, CD is infatuated with her.
She is using CD to charm the others into cooperating, but when I look at the ones that died that were in her realm of her world, there are a lot more than CD's world.
I do think they BOTH were abusers but I think she lead the murders of Charles, Tylee and JJ, plus previous husband, Joseph Ryan.
While she may not have physically killed some of them, she mastered the plan to execute it.
I think Tammy was a joint venture, once she got rid of Charles, he then had to get rid of Tammy for them to be together.---
Enter Alex who was supposed to execute it but failed.
JMO and thoughts tonight.
How is Lori the ring leader if the doctrine came from Chad? He made up all of the rules, assigned roles to members, made zombie proclamations at opportune times, picked zombie names, etc. Lori had ideas of her own, but then she would consult Chad, because he was the visionary in the group.

Last edited:
Summary of tweets for Friday, April 14th -

State witness: Zulema Pastenes / part 2

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
10h
Back from lunch. Here is a sketch of Zulema Pastenes on the stand this morning. She resumes testimony shortly.

Zulema.jpg

Zulema says one day Lori told her she was moving to Rexburg because part of her mission needed to be done in Idaho. Alex and Lori, along with JJ and Tylee, moved into the same apartment complex.

Lori told Zulema she was receiving social security benefits from the death of Tylee's dad and JJ was receiving social security from Charles dying. Lori said because she had been married for over ten years to Charles, she was also receiving social security.

The total amount was around $6,000 a month so she said she didn't need to work.

Zulema went and stayed with Alex in Rexburg in September. Zulema never saw Tylee and asked Lori where Tylee was. "She had to be freed," Lori told Zulema. Zulema asked what she meant by that and Lori lifted her hand, put it up to Zulema's face and said, "Don't ask."

Before Lori moved to Rexburg, Lori told her a few times that Tylee had been possessed by a demon named Hillary. Lori said a few times that JJ was being attacked by demons.

JJ had a service dog named Bailey. Lori said the evil spirits attacking JJ were going into the dog because it was easier to get into him so Lori sold the dog after Charles died.

Zulema says JJ was in Rexburg when she visited and he was playing outside with his friends. JJ came inside to ask for a popsicle and a snack. Lori brought him in around 7 p.m. and started getting him ready for bed.

Lori told Zulema she had hired a babysitter/nanny to help care for JJ and bought a subscription to a bounce house type business for JJ's entertainment.

Tammy was stil alive during Zulema's visit in Rexburg. Zulema said Chad asked her to lie and send him a text asking for him to come and speak at an event. Zulema says Chad wanted an excuse to be with Lori. Zulema sent the text and Chad came over.

She says Lori and Chad were aggressively trying to convince Zulema to move to Rexburg.

Zulema had a job and family in Arizona so she couldn't move. Lori told her not to worry about that because Melani Boudreaux has enough money for all of them.

Melani Boudreaux had recently received a large divorce settlement. Zulema said that's Melani's money, not hers. Zulema said she asked Melani about what Lori said and Melani responded she was sad that people would say that about her money.

Chad gave Zulema a blessing and said that the Savior was standing right next to him. Chad said the Savior was telling her that all her sins were forgiven and it was time for her to leave Babylon and move to Rexburg. Lori, Chad, Alex and Zulema were present for the blessing.

Alex also received a blessing from Lori and Chad that day. Chad told him the Savior was standing next to him giving him the words to say. Alex was told all his sins were forgiven and he started to sob.

Zulema says Chad gave her a separate blessing in August 2019 in Lori's Arizona house. He told Zulema that she needed to go to Rexburg and will be getting married to someone.

Chad and Lori taught that a man and a woman should always be together because they are stronger than being separate. If they are together, they can have the priesthood together. Once Alex and Zulema started to date, Lori and Chad pushed them to get married.

Before Alex moved to Rexburg, Zulema and Alex went to dinner to get to know each other. They watched movies, got to know each other and had fun talking.

Alex returned to Arizona from Rexburg on Halloween and Alex stayed at Zulema's house with Melani P. Melani stayed in Zulema's bedroom. Zulema and Alex stayed up all night and it was the first time they kissed and held hands. They ended up getting engaged in Rexburg on Nov. 7.

JJ and Tylee were not in Rexburg on Nov. 7. Zulema said during that Idaho visit, she and Alex did not know where Chad and Lori were but they ended up getting photos from Chad and Lori in Hawaii.

Zulema had no communication with Chad and Lori as they were in Hawaii. Zulema says Alex was communicating with them but when Alex left Rexburg to visit her in Arizona, they stopped communicating with him. He was upset and said something like,

"Can you believe they are being such jerks after how much I helped them and now they don't want to talk to me?"

Zulema remembers hearing Tammy Daybell had been shot at on Oct. 9. Melani (unsure which one) called Zulema ten days later and said Tammy had died. Zulema says she was confused and didn't know what to think.

Before Tammy died, Lori told Zulema that Tammy had been possessed of a demon and Lori needed Zulema's help casting the evil spirit out of her. The demon was named Viola.

On the night Tammy was shot at, Melani B., Lori and Zulema were at the casting. Lori said she received some new information on the casting. They were going to be using the cosmos and Lori kept telling Zulema how awesome she was.

Lori then got a call and she was "very, very angry - scary angry." Lori was using terms such as "idiot" and "moron" and she was very angry with whoever was on the phone. Lori then said to Zulema, "Idiot can't do anything right by himself."

Lori told Zulema that Lori and Chad had received instructions from angels about how to cast demons out. That is the reason Tammy died and Lori said she and Chad were going to settle down in Rexburg - Zion - a place of refuge.

Lori and Chad then suddenly said they were going to go somewhere else.

Lori said the day after Tammy's funeral, Chad was going to move into her apartment. Zulema said that seemed a little too fast and shouldn't there be time for grieving. Lori didn't respond to that.

Zulema says after Chad and Lori got married, they had a layover in Phoenix so Zulema met them to have dinner. She asked Lori where JJ was if they were in Hawaii. Lori said JJ was with Kay.

Alex and Zulema married in Las Vegas on Dec. 1.

Melanie Gibb called Zulema around this time and was very upset, very emotional. Melanie said she felt they had been deceived by Chad and Lori and they were asking her to lie for them. Melanie felt they were doing something wrong.

Zulema said her reaction to Melanie's call was "utter confusion." "To hear my friend saying all of this is happening and at the same time knowing how much trust I put in these two people - it was very, very confusing and I was very distraught."

Zulema went to Alex and said, "How can Kay be looking for JJ when JJ is supposed to be with her?" Alex responded, "I know" but he didn't answer her.

Zulema didn't know police were looking for JJ and Tylee until after Alex died. Alex passed away on Dec. 12, 2019.

On Dec. 11, Alex was on the phone w/Chad and Lori. Zulema walked in the room and Chad & Lori told Alex that Tammy's body was being exhumed. Zulema was confused about why they would be exhuming Tammy's body. Zulema asked why this would be happening if she died of natural causes.

Zulema asked Alex if he had anything to do with Tammy's death. He wouldn't answer. She began pressuring him for information and said things were very "weird." She kept asking, "Where are Lori and Chad?"

Alex eventually responded, "I think I'm being their fall guy." Zulema said, "Fall guy for what? What have you done that you would be the fall guy for?" Zulema said she was very frustrated because Alex wouldn't say much. He eventually said, "Either I am a man of God or I am not."

Alex died the next day.

Rachel Smith asks to admit Zulema's journal (or portions of it) as evidence.

The first page shown from the journal is a diagram showing multiple creations and worlds that one person can come to. Zulema says Lori taught her this. There are five worlds on this page and each has a Satan and a Savior. The fifth world is the lowest and the darkest world.

On the other side of the page is a circle showing limbo - a place where spirits go. "If a person dies, there is a two minute window where a demon can take over the body and inhabit it," Zulema says. "The original spirit goes into limbo waiting for the body to be placed to rest."

Zulema says Alex Cox "absolutely" believed this. Chad claimed in the creations that he had been the brother of Heavenly Father and Jesus and in another creation, Chad had been the Holy Ghost.

Chad said he and Lori had already been married seven times on this earth. They were also married and exalted in other worlds together. Alex believed all of this, Zulema says.

Eighteen pages from Zulema's journal are admitted into evidence.

The next page shows the light and dark rating scale. There are levels of light and dark - from 1-6 on both the light and dark sides. Zulema was a 4.2 light. Lori was a 4.3 light.

Another page of the journal says, "cast out" and "get rid of them." Smith asks Zulema had to destroy the body once an evil spirit is cast out of it.

Zulema says that Lori and Chad taught every time a demon is passed out, the two minute window leaves an opening for another one to come in. To prevent another demon from coming in, you need to do certain things like using water and fire to destroy the body.

Zulema says one way to prevent another evil spirit from entering is by binding the body. Another way is using fire. Remember - JJ's body was bound with duct tape and Tylee's body was burned.

Zulema describes another document that shows the ratings for all of Lori's family members. Lori apparently asked Chad to give her family members these ratings.

Zulema says Chad showed her the rating chart at a meeting in early August 2019.

On the chart, Tylee's rating was 4.1 dark. Charles Vallow's rating was 3 light. Melani B.'s rating was 3 light. Brandon's was 3 dark.

Smith asks to admit three photos. The first photo shows Zulema sitting with a group of women in a row at a conference. The second photo shows Chad with four women, including Melanie Gibb and Zulema. The last photo shows another group of the women at the conference.

Smith asks Zulema if she remembers chatting with Chad at the Preparing a People conference in Boise. She remembers. They stayed at the same hotel. The conference happened before Charles died.

At the conference, Zulema spoke with Chad about how Lori wasn't able to make it. She canceled her trip at the last minute. Chad told Zulema that Lori wasn't there so she could be protected and the person who was going to serve her divorce papers wouldn't be able to find her.

Photo admitted into evidence. It shows Serena and Zulema at the conference.

Smith now asking about castings and the gifts people had. Chad told Zulema her gift was the elements - she was able to work with the elements. Melanie Gibb's gift was a gatherer - she was meant to gather people who were "awake" - aware of the signs and the times.

Serena was a very powerful goddess, according to Chad. Zulema does not remember Melani B.'s gift. Alex's responsibility was to be a warrior. Chad told him he was going to be a defender and he would be training many other warriors that would be moving to Rexburg in the future.

Chad told Alex he was to be Lori's protector.

Zulema asked Alex how he felt after shooting someone following Charles' death. Alex responded, "He was a zombie." Lori told Zulema that JJ was going to have a very short life and at a meeting in August 2019, Chad said JJ would have a very short life

because he was going to come right back at Colby Ryan's child. Alex believed all of this, according to Zulema.

Boyce asks for a brief sidebar with attorneys to discuss scheduling.

Smith has a few more questions for Zulema. Zulema says Lori and Chad taught that if you were exalted in another probation, this time you came to the earth didn't count for you because he had already proven yourself in another probation. Lori often said, "It doesn't count for me."

Zulema says Alex believed everything Lori said and he believed his mission was to protect Lori. That mission was given to Chad and Lori during a blessing.

Smith's final question for Zulema: "Alex took his role seriously to protect Lori?" Zulema responds, "Absolutely." We are now taking a 15 minute afternoon break.

Lori is very chatty with her attorneys today. She is smiling back and forth between Jim Archibald and John Thomas.

Boyce reminds everyone in the audience that they cannot speak with each other and give commentary during witness testimony - especially to those seated near the jurors. Jury is being brought back in the courtroom.

NEW THREAD: John Thomas conducting cross-examination on Zulema. He says, "Your testimony this morning was dramatically different than your testimony this afternoon. Did you talk to anyone about the case?" She says she did not but her nerves were different this a.m. than this p.m

Zulema says Melanie Gibb often had different people come to her house to talk about their books. Thomas asks if Zulema, Melanie Gibb, Lori were "very active" in the LDS Church. They went to the temple quite often and met up with each other there.

Zulema says when she met up with Lori, they usually talked about spiritual things.

Zulema found it amazing that Lori said she had seen Jesus so she wanted to know more about it. Zulema says she had her own amazing spiritual experiences in the temple.

Thomas reads a text message Zulema sent to Chad where she said she was having visions at the temple after Chad gave her a blessing.

Zulema said she isn't specifically sure what visions she was referring to at the time but she remembers seeing herself in a beautiful room with a big table. She was sitting at the table and there was people all around. A man was sitting on the other end - "a very light being."

Zulema says she had been married multiple times before Chad gave her a blessing saying she would get married. Thomas asks for clarifications on the castings. She says nobody was ever physically harmed - it was meant to bind the spirit of the person.

Thomas asks Zulema if her views on the casting and light work has changed. She responds, "There are two children that have died and a mother of five who have died. I will consider that evil. Yes, sir."

Zulema says Chad and Lori's work had a direct tie to the children and spouse who died.

Zulema is a job coach in Arizona. She helps train people and helps them gain employment.

Thomas: "You're not a real gullible person. You have some sophistication, right?" Zulema responds, "I have always believed people and I believe in the goodness of people. I see their positive sides, their good sides, and I tried to believe their intentions are always good.

i have become a lot more cautious since meeting Chad and Lori and my views have changed a little in regard to that."

Thomas asks Zulema about when she was ordained to the Church of the Firstborn. She says it was done but she doesn't remember when it happened.

Zulema says Chad made her feel very special and the blessings he gave were very personal.

Zulema talking about the times Chad has given her blessings.

Zulema says she often texted Chad to ask questions about spiritual topics.

Thomas clarifying the lunch meetup Zulema had with Chad, Lori and Melanie Gibb. Zulema says Chad relayed to her all of her past lives during that meeting. Thomas says earlier, Zulema only said Chad shared about her second past life - not all of them.

Zulema said she had a belief in Chad that made her think what he taught was true.

Thomas displays the image from Zulema's journal showing the circles with multiple lives and the circle showing where spirits go to stay in limbo for two minutes after the body dies.

Thomas asks Zulema why she drew it. She doesn't know. He is now showing another page from Zulema's journal showing some drawings.

Zulema says the drawing was in February/March 2019 around the time Chad and Lori started teaching about the light and dark scale. Zulema would carry this page around with her.

Thomas showing another page from the journal. Zulema says she was trying to write the order of the priesthood.

Zulema explaining Chad and Lori taught that to prevent another demon from taking over the body, you have two minutes to burn around the body to prevent another demon from going into the body.

Zulema says she now knows Chad and Lori did not have the authority to cast out evil spirits but she believes evil spirits can be cast out because Jesus did it when he was alive.

Thomas asks how someone would burn the body or around the body. Zulema says it was done spiritually and verbally during the casting. "You verbally describe burning." Zulema says it had nothing to do with physical burning.

Burning as on the fifth level of the priesthood chart. The sixth level is escorting and the seventh level is sealing. Zulema says escorting is when the evil spirit is escorted out of the seventh level is sealing the spirit out of the body.

The next level is to banish, then expel, reject, purge and then evict the evil spirit.

Zulema says the entire goal was to cast out and banish the evil spirit. This entire hand-written chart shows how to do this with Biblical scriptures listed on the paper.

Thomas has more cross-examination but questioning is done for the day. The jury is being dismissed. No court on Monday but we will resume Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. I'll post the sketches and audio when we get them later this afternoon.

Here's the sketches from today.

Judge.jpg Lori2.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

Note the prosecution didn't waste any time getting out the photos and information about the children. I bet they want the jury to have it in mind though out the trial.

What I did read I am haunted by. Imagine being a juror seeing the photos? Too much.

Yes the information is overwhelming. I heard the jurors came in with note pads. They need those. Someone posted that in another trial the jurors couldn't take notes.

Anyone remember what trial that was? And why the judge wouldn't allow note taking? I don't get it.
IIRC, in the Murdaugh trial in SC, the jurors could write down notes only in the jury room, but they could not compare them. Different states might have different rules about note taking in court.

I am not buying what she's selling.
Not all of it anyway.
She is very self serving just like Gibb.

She is admitting to everything the cops have her pinned to in physical text. Thats it.

She doesn't remember her wedding day?????
Come...on ...now.....
In ZP's case there's proof (found in Arizona document releases) that she was cheering them on. She knew from Alex's text at the beginning of September that Tylee was labeled a dark portal. ZP's reply (paraphrasing): You'll know what to do with it when time comes. Immediately after Tammy's death she expressed her excitement for Chad and claimed she had a vision of a bride (Lori no doubt) getting ready.

The Murdaugh trial notes were not allowed.

I agree.
Just look at who was murdered and more importantly who wasn't.

Chads children.

But the inconvenient step kids were disposable.

All Chad's inconveniences were removed.
His wife....her husband....her children...and then....the used up patsy.

Chad was the boss. IMO

eta
His little harem of 5.
Lori
Zulema
Mel P
Mel G
Julie R (hanging by a thread)

And of course the 'prettiest' (cough) was his chosen lover.

The only money they got was Tammys life insurance.

This was RINSE REPEAT method to gain cash to support their little cult in Rexy.

The weekend JJ was murdered they had Mel G boyfriend looking at land at rexy.......

Gosh that’s awful. She rightfully thought she was doing the correct thing at the time and the irony of JJ being murdered at the hands of his adopted mother. The mother who was going to care for him by giving him a better life.

There has been so much written; and it has been so long. So, I will say that this is speculation. Lori, I believe, fired the nanny and was always using Tylee as the babysitter, and she was fed up with always having to be the mother. So, yes, she did talk back. I also think that she overheard her mother on the phone stating that she had become a zombie and Tylee denied it. Can you imagine? I'm sure that it was well planned, especially, for Tylee. She had to have been drugged beforehand. Of course, I'm sure that Little J.J. was drugged, too. This entire evil scheme of murdering all of these people was all about money to fund their lifestyle. I don't know how they didn't think that they would not eventually be caught.

JMO.
IIRC the nanny/babysitter was hired after Tylee died. I agree though that Tylee was JJs main caregiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member