ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of tweets for Wednesday, April 19th - State witness: Rexburg Police Det. Chuck Kunsaitis returns on stand.

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
1h
Back at the Ada County Courthouse. Rexburg Police Det. Chuck Kunsaitis will be first on the stand this morning continuing to testify about bank statements, credit card accounts and other financial information involving Lori Daybell, Chad Daybell and Alex Cox.

The interest from members of the public wanting to attend the trial in-person has not decreased. Many people telling me they've taken time off from work to be here. One woman introduced herself to me - said she drove from Sacramento to be here. Lots of folks from Idaho & Utah.

Lori Vallow Daybell is in the courtroom with her attorneys John Thomas and Jim Archibald. Prosecutors Rob Wood, Spencer Rammell and Tawyna Rawlings are in the courtroom. Lindsey Blake and Rachel Smith are absent this morning.

Rexburg Police Det. Chuck Kunsaitis just took the stand. Jurors are being brought into the courtroom. Expect a lot of testimony this morning to be about finances, bank statements, business documents, etc.

First document presented to the jury - a loan document for the Jeep Wrangler. The Vehicle was purchased in April 2019. Tylee began paying $599 a month in June. Automatic payments were made in June, July and August.

The September car payment from Tylee's account came back as insufficient funds. This is the Jeep seized by Rexburg Police.

Kunsaitis says the department seized the Jeep on Nov. 4, 2019. It was never reported missing.

Next document is an email dated Nov. 8, 2019 that Chad Daybell sent to Julie Black - a realtor in Hawaii. It says, "We are interested in seeing this property. Would the owners be interested in leasing this property to a clean couple with no pets or children?

Please let us know. Thank you." This email was sent three days after Lori and Chad were married.

Next document is subscriber information for Lori Vallow's SparkLight/Cable One account. This was for the Rexburg apartment #175 -- but Lori's rental lease agreement was for apartment #107. Kunsaitis says Lori leased in #107, where Alex lived, but she lived in #175.

Next exhibit is from Windstream Communications in reference to an IP address associated with Tylee Ryan's Venmo account. The IP address was registered to a Residence Inn in Kansas City, Missouri.

One hundred dollars was sent on Oct. 10 to Colby Ryan from Tylee's account with a message, "We love you." Lori was with Melani P. in Kansas City that day to visit friends. That Venmo transaction was made using Tylee's phone, Kunsaitis says.

Next document is a receipt from the Residence Inn in Kansas City, Missouri. Melani Boudreaux's name is on it and it says two guests were in the room. The IP address was tracked to this hotel on that specific date.

Wood asks Kunsaitis if he ever did any pharmaceutical searches when JJ Vallow was missing. The detective says he did. He submitted requests to agencies in Arizona, Hawaii, Montana and Idaho.

There were no records of any prescriptions being filled for JJ in any of those states during 2019.

Next document is from the state of Hawaii showing prescriptions were filled for JJ in 2015 & 2017. Wood asks Kunsaitis why he did a search for prescription history in Montana.

Kunsaitis says they got a tip early on that the kids may be being held in a Montana compound so officers followed up on the tip.

Wood shows Kunsaitis a document from the Montana prescription monitoring program showing no prescriptions were ever filled for JJ. Tylee Ryan's name was also submitted. No medications were found. Lori Vallow and Melani Boudreaux's names were also submitted.

Melani was living next door to Lori - that's why Kunsaitis says they searched her name too.

Next document is a letter from the Arizona Department of Prescription Monitoring Program. It says no opioids or narcotics were ever prescribed to the parties. Arizona only tracks opioid-based drugs, Kunsaitis says.

We are now viewing an email Lori sent to her accountant. She explains to the accountant that Charles Vallow died and she wanted information about how to forward tax returns to her new address.

The email is dated Sept. 9, 2019 at 5:03 p.m. Kunsaitis says Tylee was killed Sept. 8 or 9 -- so the email was sent "hours after we believe Tylee was buried in the backyard."

Flight records from American Airlines are being submitted for evidence. Kunsaitis says there is flight information for Tylee and Lori. Tylee flew to Hawaii twice = in February and March of 2019. Lori flew multiple times with American. There are no flight records for JJ.

Kunsaitis says on Oct. 23, the day of Tammy Daybell's funeral, Lori flew from Hawaii to Phoenix. She then flew to Idaho Falls.

As Kunsaitis is presenting evidence, Lori is taking notes in court/chatting with her attorneys. Jurors seemed focused on the testimony although I have seen a few yawns. They are allowed coffee, water, drinks but no food in the courtroom. Attorneys now meeting in a sidebar.

While we are on a brief break, I'll post this chart showing Lori's family tree. Our graphic designer Alex put this together.

Chart.jpg
you can make this bigger^^

Next exhibit shows Southwest Airlines records. JJ had six trips between Phoenix and Houston. His last trip was on June 16, 2019. No flights were found for Tylee Ryan.

Allegiant Airlines records are now being shown. There were no flights recorded for JJ and Tylee but multiple flights were taken between Mesa/Phoenix and Idaho Falls for Chad Daybell, Lori Vallow and Melani Boudreaux in 2019.

Next document is from Etsy. It shows that on Aug. 15, 2019, Lori Vallow ordered a glow-in-the-dark malachite titanium ring. The email on the order was lollytime@icloud.com and the shipping address was to a home on Four Peaks Place in Chandler, Arizona.

The credit card Lori used for the order was declined.

Wood has concluded his questioning of Det. Kunsaitis. Jim Archibald says he has reviewed all the documents and has no questions for Kunsaitis. The detective will be called again to discuss other items pertaining to the investigation, Wood says.

Mike Douglas will be the next witness but it appears he is not here. Rob Wood leaves the courtroom to try and track him down. Rachel Smith has joined prosecutors at their table.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

Just one month after the murder of Charles at Four Peaks Place.

Interesting reading the "bland" article about his death when it happened....

family fight! hmphhhh.

Summary of tweets for Wednesday, April 19th - State witness: Mike Douglass, forensic accountant with FBI / Part 1

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
18m
Fremont County Deputy Prosecution Attorney Tawyna Rawlings will be questioning Douglas. She says several documents will be admitted into evidence during his testimony.

Douglas is a forensic accountant with the FBI. He reviewed bank accounts associated with Lori and Tylee.

Tammy Daybell has a brother named Michael Douglas but this is not him testifying. It's another Mike Douglas.

Rawlings asks Douglas to explain the first exhibit that will be admitted. It's a timeline he prepared relating to Tylee's life from when her father, Joseph Ryan, passed away.

Next exhibit is a timeline related to JJ from Charles Vallow's death moving forward.

Douglas wrote the dates the kids were killed on the timelines. Archibald asks him if he determined those dates or if they were told to him. Douglas says they were told to him. Archibald asks if the rest of the dates on the timelines are correct. Douglas says they are.

There's also a timeline Douglas calls "the grand theft timeline" that he prepared to help the jury understand the financial information he learned through his investigation.

Next exhibit is a timeline detailing Tammy Daybell's life insurance policy.

Douglas has another prepared document detailing Venmo activity.

I have been misspelling Michael Douglass' last name. He has two s's - not one. My apologies.

Douglass is shown Lori Vallow's BBVA bank statements. He says he has worked with Mark Saari, the Social Security Administration agent who testified yesterday.

Rawlings shows Douglass Tylee's JP Morgan Chase and BBVA accounts beginning Jan. 1, 2019. There are around 70 transactions a month on Chase with most of them being made at brick-and-mortar accounts. Over time, activity shifts to the BBVA account.

"Tylee was responsible with her money. I never saw her have one negative balance," Douglass says. She had two automatic payments set up - her Jeep and T-mobile accounts. The money she received following Joe Ryan's death went into the Chase account.

Douglass says Joe Ryan held a life insurance policy. Death benefits of $60,000 were paid into a bank account held by Lori Vallow on Aug 26, 2018.

Douglass says Lori held a $2 million life insurance policy. On Aug. 12, she changed the policy so her son Colby was 100% beneficiary. On Aug. 14, Lori wrote on her apartment application that she was receiving $5,740 a month from Social Security funds.

On Aug. 16, Tylee's SS benefits were changed to go to Lori's bank account rather than Tylee's. On Aug. 19, Tylee's BBVA joint bank account with her mom was opened. On Aug. 31, Lori and the kids moved to Rexburg.

"I found through my research on Sept. 8 that Colby had requested Tylee to send him a Venmo payment. Tylee responded back that she did not have the funds in her account and that Ms. Daybell was receiving them," Douglass says.

Also on that date, Chad Daybell searched the wind direction of south/southwest.

Time for a mid-morning break. We will be back in 20 minutes.

Chad checking the wind direction on that date? Sure sounds like HE was planning a foul smelling bonfire that he didn’t want to go into his neighbor’s direction.

Also, Lori texted Colby from Tylee’s phone that she sent Tylee money … that makes no sense.

9/8/19 - Chad is Googling SSW wind direction
9/20/19 - Tylee's Chase account closed.
9/20/19 - "I sent Tylee $ to Venmo you" from Tylee's phone to Colby.

https://twitter.com/PrettyLiesAlibi

So much information yesterday, there is so much to this case and we are getting so much each day. I am trying to view this from a few perspectives, and often hear that LVD was basically under a spell by CD, my question, do they have any communication right now? I thought not, for several months they have been separate , and her under psych care, so, would he (if he ever did) have that much power over her now? I mean I don't think she is gonna wake up and say oh my god this really happened, I think she is culpable of a lot of things. but curious ... Just my random scattered, messed up thoughts.
To me, if you observe the tone Lori used talking to Melanie in the Korihor call and with Colby in the jail house call...

And contrast it with the tone used with Chad when the kids were being found...

Chad had a power over her at least in June, 2020. Wood said the same to Summer around the same time.

Who knows if Lori has been going through changes. It seems not to me. A lot of people think Chad was next on the block for Lori. Maybe, but apparently she's not there yet. Because she can attack if she wants to. She does not appear to be attacking Chad, even when there is a lot for her to gain in doing so.

MOO

Seeing as Lori was apparently furious that Alex couldn't be trusted to do the simplest thing on his own (ie shoot Tammy), I don't believe that it was Alex who strangled or smothered her in bed. I believe that was Chad all on his own.

Agreed. I believe it was Chad who murdered Tammy--the woman who had supported Chad all during their marriage, who bore him his children. What a horrible betrayal. I hope Chad gets the death penalty.

Last edited:
To me, if you observe the tone Lori used talking to Melanie in the Korihor call and with Colby in the jail house call...

And contrast it with the tone used with Chad when the kids were being found...

Chad had a power over her at least in June, 2020. Wood said the same to Summer around the same time.

Who knows if Lori has been going through changes. It seems not to me. A lot of people think Chad was next on the block for Lori. Maybe, but apparently she's not there yet. Because she can attack if she wants to. She does not appear to be attacking Chad, even when there is a lot for her to gain in doing so.

MOO
I agree, the non-Chad phone calls show how assertive, defiant, defended Lori was, even when questioned by those closest to her: her son, her best friend. She never mentions it being Chad's idea, she never mentions him at all!

She always says she was the one who saw Jesus and Maroni, she knows where the children are (not, 'Chad knows and I trust Chad completely').

Even when she learned they'd been buried on Chad's property, she never references Chad to Colby. She essentially confesses it was her decision, she was their mother and she knew what was best for them.

I wouldn't exactly say Chad had power over her, I think Chad's teachings empowered her to believe she had divine authority. She wanted to be married to Chad, so she wanted to please him, to make the marriage work, but I don't think she was just a hypnotized devotee. This is why it is a conspiracy - it took the 2 of them together.

For example, near his death Alex had a sense that possibly 'they' - meaning Lori & Chad - may have used him. He didn't say 'he', ie Chad alone.

JMO

Summary of tweets for Wednesday, April 19th - State witness: Mike Douglass, forensic accountant with FBI / Part 2

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
22m
NEW THREAD: Back in the courtroom. Jurors are being brought in. Douglass remains on the stand.

Douglass says the final payment on the Jeep stopped on Sept. 1, 2019 because of lack of funds in Tylee's account.

Douglass runs through a timeline of JJ from the time Charles died to the time JJ died.

The jury sees a document showing deposits made to Lori's BBVA bank account a month after JJ and Tylee died. Tylee's payments were Oct. 23 , Nov. 27, Dec. 24 (all 2019) and Jan. 22, 2020. JJ's were Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18 (all 2019) and Jan. 15, 2020.

Lori's payments were Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18 (all 2019) and Jan. 15, 2020.

Douglass runs through a timeline of key events in Lori's life during 2019.

A lot of information on the timeline is duplicate details from the previous timelines.

Douglass shown an exhibit displaying Venmo activity. Lori had two Venmo accounts with multiple funding sources that changed between banks during 2018 and 2019.

Venmo noted failed attempts to transfer funds on Lori’s account in 2019. A new account on Tylee’s Venmo was added on Sept. 10 and used until the end of 2019.

Tylee and Lori often sent money to Colby on Venmo. After Tylee died, both of Lori’s Venmo accounts ceased. Tylee had a new bank account added to her Venmo after her death and money was sent to Colby.

Douglass says Lori made multiple attempts to purchase malachite rings on her accounts. As he says this, Lori is taking notes at the defense table.

When asked what Douglass found on Chad Daybell’s bank accounts, he says, “it was more of what I didn’t find.” He references the flight purchases for Chad. They were made with Lori’s accounts.

Chad bought a phone at the Rexburg Walmart on Sept. 18, 2019. That’s the same day Lori received SS funds, according to Douglass.

Douglass reviews a timeline for the jury and mentions several flights Lori bought for Chad using her credit cards. Alex also purchased flights for Chad.

Tammy’s life insurance increase was requested Sept. 8, 2019. Douglass says after Tammy died, Chad made most large purchases including a family trip to Knott’s Berry Farm.

Douglass says Chad filed life insurance claims within days of Tammy’s death. He attempted to refinance his house on Oct. 8, 2019. Life insurance payouts were deposited into Chad’s account on Nov. 1 and Nov. 16.

Douglass says during the search of the Chad’s property between 9:50-10 am, there were there transfers of $8,000 each from Chad’s Mountain America bank account to three of his kids. The transfers occurred as officers were searching his grounds. Around $4,400 was left in the acct

*three transfers

Douglass says tickets were purchased to Knotts Berry Farm right after Tammy died. Rawlings has no further questions for Douglass.

Jim Archibald says he has no questions for Douglass. He is dismissed from the witness stand but Rawlings says they may call him at a later date.

We are having an early lunch. Court resumes at 12:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member