ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the next day they went to Yellowstone National Park which of course is literally about (underground) fire and brimstone. And then they used fire to get rid of the body the following day.
yes but apparently, the WS timeline ( see page 1 of every WS thread) isn't specific enough.
@indicolite22 thought ' does' is misleading, and it represents publication date not recording date. It would be helpful to have recording dates - to check for linkage to murders timelines - but hard to find those dates

As you're looking for dates for your spreadsheet, here's a list of publication dates . It might be possible to determine other patterns.Mel Gibb always came across as pretty driven to me, so she probably completed the editing quite quickly & got the material out there All episodes of Preparing A People Podcast Network

BTW this is the WS timeline @aafromaa
'Approx 1989- 1991 – Lori got good grades in HS and talked about going to BYU for college, however she never went to college (Inside Edition).'

WS TL - page 1, post 1 ( I only discovered it last week, I think it's really good, they've gone to huge effort to provide detailed timelines for WSers. Guaranteed that authors planning books on LVD & CD will be using those WS timelines for research purposes.

Last edited:
I don't think so. We have to assume that many of the jurors are LDS and even if they are not they likely hold conservative views. Not everyone in Idaho is conservative or LDS but that is the general thought climate. This means they would probably have a similar view on individual agency that Mornons espouse - individuals are responsible for their own actions regardless of who influenced them or how. (I may not said that correctly as a represenation of LDS beliefs but hopefully I captured the general idea.) If there was an agreement to kill the kids it does not matter who influenced whom or how. Adults have to own their actions.

Lori Hellis and also Idaho- based and 'LDS' attorneys who have been commenting on this trial keep emphasising that Boise itself is not as LDS as other places.

Anyway, for the sake of a link, I've done a quick google to check

Only
'16%
of Boise residents are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (according to City Data)'

some members here will have also followed the jury selection phase & may have recollections

Lori Hellis and also Idaho- based and 'LDS' attorneys who have been commenting on this trial keep emphasising that Boise itself is not as LDS as other places.

Anyway, for the sake of a link, I've done a quick google to check

Only
'16%
of Boise residents are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (according to City Data)'

some members here will have also followed the jury selection phase & may have recollections
<modsnip - no link, but likely irrelevant anyway> But I really don't want to get into that. My point was that I don't think she can count on a friendly jury in Boise to let her off just because she was influenced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lori is just as much a psychopath as any of the rest. Constant self-focus, narcissism. Her approach to the truth is part of that, with her clear propensity to say whatever she wants you to hear, truth be damned, for her agenda of the moment. It's not just limited to her attempts to hide her actions in relation to these crimes.

In general these crimes feel like they were less of a "crime of opportunity" (ie, her suddenly taking advantage of an opening for money or whatever) and more a revealing of who she has likely been all along. Zooming her way through 5 husbands, having that incessant desire to elevate herself with faux conversations with the most spiritually important beings she can think of, padding a resume to make people respect her for something she isn't, dominating her brother and kids and husbands to cater to her, all of that is the same mindset as the one that saw her killing kids, just with a different result. imo

Lol, and apparently Boise has become a gay community hub. But I really don't want to get into that. My point was that I don't think she can count on a friendly jury in Boise to let her off just because she was influenced.
yeah
Altho I haven't listened to the podcast on the hearing upload yet, I don't feel that any of this is going to fly with the jury. Also, maybe Nate or another reporter can tell us more about the jury's facial reactions while the podcast was being played?

If this trial takes an unexpected turn because of opening the door - new witnesses get called from PAP or Joe Ryan violence? - maybe it won't finish as early as commentators have kept predicting

Summary of tweets for Tuesday, May 2nd - Day 15

State witness: Todd Gilbert, neighbor of Daybell's / Part 2

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
10h
NEW THREAD: We are back from lunch. It was a longer break due to technical difficulties. Boyce is on the bench and jurors are in their seats. Todd Gilbert remains on the stand for cross-examination by Jim Archibald.

Archibald asks what church Gilbert attended with Chad and Tammy Daybell. He says the LDS Church Salem 3rd Ward.

Archibald asks Gilbert if he was familiar with Chad Daybell before Chad moved in. Gilbert says he had read some of Chad's books - "they were kind of interesting. They were based on fiction mixed with some of the visions he had seen."

Gilbert says Chad would sometimes talks with him about his visions. "Did you believe he was telling you the truth or that he was full of crap?" Archibald asks.

Gilbert says he was open to listening but wasn't sure what to think. Archibald now asks Gilbert about a book Chad wrote about him - Brother Gilbert.

"The Times of Turmoil" was a series Chad wrote about Gilbert. "When you read these books with your name in it as Brother Gilbert, was that flattery or an insult?" Archibald says. "I think it was flattery.

He told me beforehand he was going to have me in one of the books so I knew it was coming," Gilbert responds.

"I feel that he thought a lot of that stuff was going to happen that way and that's why he wrote it that way. I think he thought it was going to be real life," Gilbert says. The books were about the end of the world - bad things would happen and then Jesus would come.

Archibald asks Gilbert who Chad's target audience was for his books. "People who are into preparation, being prepared," Gilbert says.

"Being prepared to be able to survive the bad things as they go along. If you're prepared, you'll be able to handle them a lot better than if you're not."

Archibald asks about "Preparing a People" conferences and podcasts Gilbert listened to. "I know Lori was involved in a podcast with Melanie Gibb and Jason Mow."

Archibald asks Gilbert who Jason Mow is. "He's a man in Arizona that was involved in the podcast. I don't know a real lot about him," Gilbert responds.

Archibald asks who Melanie Gibb is. Gilbert says it's Lori's friend. Gilbert doesn't remember anyone else on the podcast other than Lori. "They interviewed Chad one time and we heard that." Archibald asks about Thor and Gilbert is familiar with him.

Archibald asks to play a podcast featuring Jason Mow, Lori, Melanie Gibb and Thor. Blake asks for a sidebar. White noise is played in the courtroom.

Boyce says we need to hear a motion outside the presence of the jury. Boyce asks the jurors to leave the courtroom.

Defense wants the entire one-hour, 49 minute podcast admitted as evidence and played for the jury. The prosecution does not want it admitted. Jason Mow and Thor recorded podcasts with Lori and Melanie Gibb.

Sidenote: I have reached out and attempted to interview Jason Mow and Thor a few times over the years. Neither one has expressed any interest.

Archibald says the podcast was recorded on Nov. 4, 2018. Melanie Gibb welcomes everyone. She speaks for four minutes. Thor then speaks for 14 minutes about his hard life and finding God. Jason Mow then speaks for 13 minutes.

He introduces himself as a retired police officer and now a motivational speaker. He talks about being down in the dumps and then finding Jesus. Lori Vallow is the next speaker. She talks for nine minutes.

She introduces herself and talks about her former husband Joe Ryan abusing her children and how finding Jesus and attending the temple helped her escape her scenario. Jason, Melanie, Thor, Lori, even Zulema speaks and asks questions.

"It's a podcast that I believe this witness listened to since he identified the names, he identified Lori Vallow, Melanie Gibb, Thor and Jason Mow," Archibald says.

Archibald says admitting the exhibit will help educate the jury in the religious beliefs. "Mr. Gilbert testified through questions from the state that Chad Daybell told him about dreams and vision. He was teaching gospel topics and religious subjects."

Archibald says playing the podcast will provide foundation in the case. He says the first 40 minutes are distinct in that all four of the speakers identify themselves and their history - "and then it repeats itself."

Archibald says he would be ok with playing the first 40 minutes rather than the entire podcast.

Blake says the state objects for multiple reasons. She says there is a lack of foundation, the witness testified about a podcast he heard - "there is no indication he was present to authenticate the recording was true and accurate.

He has not indicated a date or time when the podcast was made. He has not indicated the date and time he heard it. He had not indicated which media where he heard it." Blake says the podcast contains hearsay - none of the speakers on the podcast are here other than Lori. "

This appears to be an attempt by the defendant to try and get statements in without taking the stand."

Blake says there is no relevance to admitting the podcast because Gilbert simply shared some religious beliefs. "We would request if the court adamits this exhibit, we take a recess to give the state a chance to review it."

The recording is not on the state's exhibit list. Archibald said the podcast was disclosed in discovery but they did not put it on their exhibit list because "we did not know Mr. Gilbert was going to say what he said."

Boyce says the witness himself may or may not be able to lay the foundation for this. "If Mr. Gilbert recognizes this as a podcast he has listened to and can confirm it was the podcast he listened to before,

it would allow enough of a foundation for the court to potentially admit the podcast."

Boyce overrules the objection. He will allow Gilbert to hear a little of the podcast to authenticate it and then 40 minutes will be played.

But if the state wants to review the podcast after it's been authenticated, the court will stop the podcast at any point and let them review it. The first 40 minutes will be played.

Boyce says the podcast is relevant because in the indictment, the prosecutions referenced Lori's religious beliefs and this podcast talks about her religious beliefs.

Gilbert is being brought back into the courtroom. Jurors will be brought back in and Gilbert will authenticate that this is indeed the podcast he heard with Lori, Melanie Gibb and others. Once he authenticates it, the first 40 minutes will be played for the jury.

This is the first major exhibit the defense has introduced into the trial. We will hear Lori, on tape, talking about her religious experiences and beliefs.

Boyce says jurors will be held in another room for a moment while Archibald asks foundational questions for Gilbert and plays the beginning of the podcast.

Archibald plays the beginning of the podcast. We hear Melanie Gibb explaining how she spent a year praying in her closet and then feeling the love of God.

Gibb talks about sharing the love of God with others. The sound quality is not the best and it sounds like there is a bird chirping or kids playing or dogs barking. Archibald asks Gilbert if he recognizes the podcast. "I can't remember for sure but it's been a while."

Blake objects to having the podcast being played continually when it's meant to set the foundation for the testimony. The prosecution clearly does not want this podcast in.

We now hear a man talking on the podcast. Archibald asks Gilbert if he recognizes the voice. "I believe it sounds like Thor." We now hear another man speaking on the podcast. Archibald asks Gilbert if he knows who the person is. "It's Jason Mow."

We now hear Lori speaking on the podcast. "I too have seen Jesus Christ." Archibald asks Gilbert if he recognizes the voice. "Lori," he says. Blake now questioning Gilbert. She asks him if he has ever met Melanie Gibb. Gilbert says they have spoken on the phone once and met once.

Gilbert says he has never met Thor but has met Jason Mow. "Have you listened to more than one podcast?" Gilbert says yes. Blake asks if he knows when the podcast was made. "The later part of 2018." Gilbert doesn't know where he heard the podcast other than a website.

Blake asks Gilbert if he knows this is the exact podcast he listened to. He says it sounded familiar and they had more than one. "This is one of them I've listened to but they had three or four."

Blake asks Gilbert if he's able to tell this is a complete copy of what he listened to before. "Yeah, I would think so," Gilbert responds.

Blake renews her objection based on relevance. She also says the defendant is attempting to introduce a self-serving statement, which is prohibited. Blake also says it's hearsay because the three other voices on the recording are not in the courtroom.

Archibald argues sufficient foundation has been laid and he's willing to just play the first 40 minutes rather than the entire hour and 49 minutes. "I believe the state opened the door when Mr. Gilbert indicated he had listened to a podcast."

Boyce overrules the objection and will allow for 40 minutes of the podcast to be played.

Blake argues that playing the podcast will likely open to the door to more evidence - specifically a prior husband of Lori Daybell's.

Jurors are being brought in.

Archibald begins playing the podcast. Melanie Gibb talks about having issues and being angry and frustrated. She says she spent a little less than a year praying and praying and praying. Then something happened that changed her heart forever.

She felt love from the top of her head to her feet. She testifies of the power of Jesus changing hearts.

Melanie is reading from something she wrote about being a witness of God and choosing Jesus. "This is what came to me as I was writing and the spirit filled me soul. I knew that I was his and he has changed me forever."

Melanie then asks the listeners to hear her friends who have ad "powerful" spiritual experiences.

Thor is now speaking. He talks about experiences he has had with Heavenly Father and how Jesus Christ has changed his life. Thor says when he was 12, he grew up on an Indian Reservation "where everybody smoke and everybody drank."

He says everyone did it and that was part of his life. "Then as I became an alcoholic, I started falling into a lot of pitfalls."

Thor says Satan is real and his minions are here. Thor says he got to a point in his life where he didn't care if he lived or died. He planned out how he was going to end his life.

"Satan had always been around me but on the night I decided to end my life, there was with me saying, 'Just do it.'" In the courtroom, Lori is intently listening to the podcast.

Thor says he put a 12 gauge shotgun to his head and Heavenly Mother entered the room. Satan ran from the room and Heavenly Mother told Thor that she loved him. (Audio quality is not the best so it's hard to understand what is being said).

Thor says he learned he needed to love himself in order to give love to others.

Thor talks about his spirit going on for eternity. "I will have pure joy and no more Satan." He talks about signing up for this exact time and this exact mission. He says he wants to be part of the Lord's team and that Satan is here for opposition.

Thor is now crying while sharing his spiritual journey. "When the heavens are speaking to you, they are very clear, confident and loving," he says.

Thor says he can always feel when Satan is in the room because there is negative energy.

Thor talks about passing a different test every day and having empathy for others. "I love coming to events like this because you're able to take a little bit of everyone's journey." He wraps up his comments and says he will answer questions later on.

We now hear from Jason Mow. He talks about the Israelites and a gigantic wall at Jericho. "Joshua gathered the warriors of Israel together and said sanctify yourselves." Mow says we have been given a timeline by the prophet of God to sanctify ourselves.

Mow says he grew up in the church but was not a good Mormon. He went on a mission. He says after he got home from the mission, he joined the Army. He then became a police officer. He was wounded and says his wife left him.

"I was wounded, crippled, unemployed, broke and divorced." Mow says he clawed his way out of his situation because he refused to give up.

Mow says he went to God and was upset because he lost everything. "I went from being a SWAT guy to an invalid just like that." Mow said God answered his prayers and said, "I allowed you to survive all of that so you could do this now.

My job now is to help us become who we are destined to become."

Mow shares a quote from Winston Churchill. He is now quoting words from Pres. Russell Nelson, the president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Mow compares the youth in the church as modern-day "strippling warriors" and the parents need to prepare the youth for combat aginst Satan.

Mow tells listeners they need to be prepared to receive revelation from God and need to teach their children how to defend themselves again Satan. "Everything in this world has been designed to distract them from preparing the earth for the Second Coming.

Everyhting is designed to distract and destroy them. Stan has been preparing this battle space for 6,000 years."

*Satan

Mow says it's time to wake up and "when you feel the burning inside of you, that is the captain's call. That is the warrior. Accept who you are and move forward with faith."

Lori begins to speak on the podcast. Blake says, "Your honor, I'd like to renew our objection and ask to approach." Attorneys are now holding sidebar meetings as white noise plays.

Boyce back on the bench. He says he needs to review the audio before it's admitted. We will take an afternoon break while the judge listens. Be back shortly.

We are back in the courtroom. Lori just walked in smiling and is sitting with her attorneys. Waiting on Judge Boyce to enter.

Boyce is back on the bench. Archibald again states that by having the next portion of the audio played with Lori's voice we will understand more of what Todd heard when he listened to the podcast.

Prosecutors are adamantly against having the recording played based on the previous reasons mentioned.

Boyce says he has listened to the recording and it does not appear to be self-serving in nature. He says there is no mention of Joseph Ryan in the portion Boyce listened to.

Boyce says he has no issue with admitting the recording so the portion with Lori will be played for the jury.

Jurors are back in their seats and Archibald begins playing the podcast with Lori. Lori says "I am a witness of Jason Mow - to everything he says about what the prophet says and what the Lord is telling us...

My job, according to Jesus Christ, is to wake up the women warriors. I too have gone to the bottom edge...I too have seen the resurrected Jesus Christ and he has told me my mission and he has sent me to help people and lift them in their mission."

Lori says she was a normal person raised in southern California. She went to BYU and then things "turned really bad." She said the Lord then showed "me myself as a warrior. A WARRIOR.

I fought with Satan in the pre-existence. He showed this to me so I will quit crying in the temple. He showed me so I could be the warrior he sent me here to do."

Lori says things will start happening in the next two years and things will change. She says we prepare by turning ourselves completely over to Jesus Christ. She closes her comments and Melanie Gibb then asks if people have questions.

Lori says she prays and the Lord sends people to her - often in the temple. She says she went to the temple on a certain day and Angel Moroni had a message for her. "Jason Mow walked into the celestial room (room in the temple) and my friend said,

'That's that guy. He writes book about Moroni.'" Lori says the spirit was burning within her and she knew she had to talk to Mow.

Lori says the spirit told her to move to the couch in the celestial room and Mow walked past her before sitting down on the chairs next to her. "Someone sent him to the temple that day. I'm like hi, do you have a message for me from Moroni?"

Lori told Mow the Lord sent her to find like-minded women so Mow sent Melanie Gibb her information. "The minute I saw her I knew she would be one of the women I was supposed to be involved with."

"The Lord is building his army. He is calling people to do missions and they are to go forward in faith and this is what he tells you," Lori says. She says every day, God sends her women who need to be taught.

Archibald stops the recording at 39 minutes and 57 seconds. The total podcast is at least another hour but only this portion was submitted for evidence.

Archibald now back to questioning Todd Gilbert, Chad's neighbor and the man who listened to the podcast in November 2018.

Archibald asks if what we listened to on the podcast would be considered mainstream LDS beliefs. "Probably most of it but not all of it," Todd says. Todd says Chad was starting to stray in his beliefs.

Todd says Chad mentioned more than once that Tammy visited him and the kids in spirit form. Archibald asks Todd if he belives Chad. He said he wasn't sure because it hadn't happened to him before.

Archibald asks Todd if where you sit in church has an impact on your spirituality. Todd mentioned that the Daybells gradually moved from the front of the building to the back.Todd responds, "It seems like maybe they were trying to hide a little bit from the way they were before."

Archibald as nothing further. Blake now has some re-direct. She asks if the children of Melanie Gibb, Thor, or Jason Mow were found buried on Chad's property. Todd says no. Blake has no further questions.

Court is now over for the day. I’ll break it all down tonight on ‘Courtroom Insider.’

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

Wednesday, May 3rd:
*Trial continues (Day 16) (@ 8:30am – 3:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Was transferred to Ada County jail on 3/22/23. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22. Madison County
Trial began on 4/3/23 with jury selection & ended 4/7/23. 12 jurors & 6 alternates (10 men & 8 women).
Trial began on 4/10/23 (thru 6/9/23) @ 8:30am to 3:30pm. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last about 10 weeks) Trials have been severed.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/30/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-5 (4/3-4/7/23) & Trial Day 1-14 (4/10-5/1/23) reference post #825 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-42

5/2/23 Tuesday, Trial Day 15: State witness: Dr. Erik Christensen, Chief Medical Examiner for the State of Utah. Back on stand for cross-examination.
For more info see post #870 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-44
State witness: Fremont County Sheriff's Office Detective Bruce Mattingly.
For more info see post #884 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-45
State witness: Alice Gilbert, neighbor of Daybell's.
For more info see posts #893 [pg 45] & 944 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-48
State witness: Todd Gilbert, neighbor of Daybell's.
For more info see post #945 [pg 48] & 1107 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-56
Trial continues on Wednesday, 5/3/23 @ 8:30am & ends every day at 3:30pm.

*Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) – Pretrial motions hearing on 3/2/23. Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 was vacated.

Has anyone heard this full podcast that was admitted today or was this new? Obviously objected by the prosecution, which in turn led to the defense saying they'd only play 40 of the 49 minutes. Did that last 9 minutes offer a door into something like Joe Ryan or was it simply 9 minutes of nonsense?
The whole thing was 1 hr 49 minutes.

I never heard it, but Archibald characterized it as repetitive Q&A. So I guess the "studio audience" asked questions and the presenters replied with rehash.

MOO

SPEAKERS AT THE TRIAL (UPDATED THROUGH 2 MAY 2023)

LINDSEY BLAKE: STATE ATTNY (summary 1, audio Apr10)
Opening statements - "The defendant used money, power, and sex to get what she wanted. It didn't matter what it was."

JAMES ARCHIBALD: DEFENSE ATTNY (summary 1, audio Apr10)
Opening statements - "The evidence will show Lori was a kind and loving mother."

1- KAY WOODCOCK: STATE WITNESS, grandmother of JJ (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr10)
CV's life insurance (Feb 2019), JJ's disappearance (Aug 2019), wedding items on CV's Amazon account (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that KW asked LVD to raise JJ

2- BRANDON BOUDREAUX: STATE WITNESS, ex-husb of LVD’s niece (summary 1, audio Apr10)
LE's initial involvement; attempted shooting from Jeep (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: questions why MP thought BB was gay, questions BB’s observations of shooting

3 - RAY HERMOSILLO: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, audio Apr11, Apr12)
Jeep surveillance, welfare check & search warrants (Nov 2019), discovery of JJ & TR bodies (Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: questions whose weapons were in garage, establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

4 - JARED WILLMORE: STATE WITNESS, Madison Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr12)
CD & LVD prison phone call as bodies were discovered (Jun 2020)

--CD & LVD's AFFAIR (OCT 2018-OCT 2019)--

5 - JOE POWELL
: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr12)
surveillance on CD & LVD (Nov 2019), exhumation of TD's body (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

6 - MELANIE GIBB: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, audio Apr13) OBJ
CD & LVD's initial meeting (Oct 2018), CD & LVD's shared beliefs & affair; CD & LVD's phone call with MG (Dec 2019), MG & DW's visit to LVD's on last day JJ was seen (22 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, emphasizes all LVD did for her children

7 - NATHAN DUNCAN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr13, Apr14)
shooting of CV (Jul 2019), CD's call to mortuary (Jul 2019), CD's blessing to AC (Jun 2019), "CV"'s email to CD & CV's emails to TD (Jun 2019), texts from CV to LVD (Jul 2019), texts between CD & LVD about CV's insurance (Jul 2019), AC's "2manykids" text to LVD (Sep 2019)

8 - ZULEMA PASTENES: STATE WITNESS, wife of AC (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr14, Apr18)
CD & LVD's initial meeting (Oct 2018), CD & LVD's shared beliefs & affair; "Idiot can't do anything right by himself" on night TD was shot at (Oct 2019), "I think I'm being their fall guy" (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs

9 - COLBY RYAN: STATE WITNESS, son of LVD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr18)
financial issues; prison phone call between CR & LVD (Jul? 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, emphasizes all LVD did for her children

---CV's DEATH (JUL 2019)---

10 - MIKE SAARI
: STATE WITNESS, Social Security Administration (summary 1, audio Apr18)
social security payments

11 - CHUCK KUNSAITIS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr18, Apr19)
bank statements, prescriptions, flights

12 - MIKE DOUGLASS: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, audio Apr19)
timelines of financials

13 - SCOTT COWDEN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler FD paramedic (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
AC did not provide CPR to CV after shooting (11 Jul 2019)

14 - AIREL WERTHER: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
following up with LVD after CV's death (11 Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC called 911, establishes that JJ & TR were both with LVD day of shooting

15 - SANDRA YNCLAN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
interviewed LVD & TD after CV's death (11 Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC was not arrested after CV’s death

16 - APRIL RAYMOND: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, audio Apr19)
*exclusionary issue - listened to Jason Lum’s interview with a cousin of LVD
LVD & TR's stay in HI, LVD was "done with JJ" (Feb 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs

17 - NATHAN MOFFATT: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD (summary 1, audio Apr20) OBJ
CV’s death & inconsistencies in interviews (11 Jul 2019)

---MOVE TO REXBURG (SEP 2019)---

18 - SYDNEY WOODBURY SCHENK
: STATE WITNESS, JJ’s babysitter (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Babysitting JJ (18-19 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought she would be babysitting JJ long-term

19 - JOSH WILSON: STATE WITNESS, Kennedy Elementary Principal (summary 1, audio Apr20)
JJ’s school attendance in Rexburg (3-20 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought JJ would be attending school there long-term

20 - WYNN HILL: STATE WITNESS, BYU-I Dean (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TR never applied or enrolled at BYU-I

---JJ & TYLEE'S DEATHS (SEP 2019)---

21 - DAVID WARWICK
: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD & husband of MG (summary 1, audio Apr20)
*exclusionary issue - listened to 45m of wife MG’s testimony OBJ
Introduced to LVD by MG in AZ (Aug 2019), visit to LVD’s in Rexburg (20-23 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs/visions

22 - BRUCE MATTINGLY: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Seized electronic evidence from Daybell home (Jan 2020)

23 - BENJAMIN DEAN: STATE WITNESS, FBI analyst (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TD’s cell phone data, including raccoon text (9 Sep 2019)

24 - DAVE STUBBS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr20, audio Apr24)
Travel records, email, Fitbit, prescription, cell phones, insurance records; search for TR’s Jeep & welfare check (Nov 2019); wedding photos (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about forensic training, reiterates that only AC was at both locations on key dates

25 - NICOLE HEIDEMAN: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, audio Apr24)
CD & LVD Google searches, temple visit dates (Nov 2018-Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about search results

26 - NICK BALLANCE: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr24, Apr25)
Cell phone data location ‘pings’ (Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about FBI training, mapping cell areas

27 - SUMMER SHIFLET: STATE & DEFENSE WITNESS, LVD’s sister, representing TR (summary 1, audio Apr25)
STATE: LVD told her she knew where kids were and that they were safe (Feb 2020), video visit (Jun 2020)
DEFENSE: LVD’s childhood & family, LVD’s relationship with TR, LVD’s religious beliefs

--- FORENSICS EVIDENCE FROM JJ & TYLEE'S REMAINS (JUN 2020)---

28 - RICK SCHMITT
: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr25)
Yellowstone trip (8 Sep 2019), storage unit footage (Oct 2019), discovery of bodies (9 Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks how they know “C.Quint” at shooting club was AC

29 - STEVE DANIELS: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics (summary 1, audio Apr25)
Excavation of TR & JJ’s remains (9 Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials

30 - DR GARTH WARREN: STATE WITNESS, forensic pathologist (summary 1, audio Apr26)
JJ’s autopsy: cause of death as asphyxia by plastic bag & duct tape (11 Jun 2020), TR’s autopsy: cause of death as homicide by unspecified means (Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, how they determined cause of death

31 - DR ANGI CHRISTENSEN: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics anthropologist (summary 1, 2, audio Apr26, Apr27)
Examination of TR’s bones (Aug-Sep 2020)

32 - DOUGLAS HALEPASKA: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics examiner in firearms & tool marks division (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Examination of TR’s bones - signs of stabbing & chopping injuries on pelvis bone (Feb-Oct 2021)

33 - DAVID SINCERBEAUX: STATE WITNESS, ID State PD, analytical chemist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Fire debris analysis - gasoline present with remains
X-EXAM: asks about contents tested

34 - RYLENE NOWLIN: STATE WITNESS, ID State PD, forensics lab (summary 1, audio Apr27)
DNA analysis to determine JJ & Tylee’s parentage

35 - KATHERINE DACE: STATE WITNESS, forensic biologist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Analysis of blood stains; Tylee’s DNA on shovel & pick ax from CD’s shed (Apr 2021)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, where hair was found (on tape)

36 - TARA MARTINEZ: STATE WITNESS, forensic scientist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Latent prints on black plastic bag match AC

*11 - CHUCK KUNSAITIS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 3, audio Apr27)
Satellite imagery of Daybell residence (Aug-Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about smoke or fire on satellite images

---TAMMY'S DEATH (OCT 2019)---

37 - SAMANTHA GWILLIAM
: STATE WITNESS, TD’s sister (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Events leading up to TD’s death, learning of TD’s death from CD
(Oct 2019), learning of CD & LVD’s marriage - “There’s no children and they were going to be empty nesters.” (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about TD’s obituary stating she “died peacefully in her sleep” (per CD); CD’s near-death experiences, books, and work as sexton

38 - COLTER CANNON: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff deputy (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD’s “paintball incident” (9 Oct 2019)

39 - HELENA KAAIAKAMANU: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff dispatch (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 calls from TD’s “paintball incident” (9 Oct 2019)

40 - CHRISTINA WEST: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff dispatch (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 call from TD’s death (19 Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks if CD asked for coroner or ambulance (unclear)

41 - ALYSSA GREENHALGH: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 response to TD’s death (19 Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about why CD didn’t call 911 right away; whether TD would have been alive when she fell out of bed (yes); whether CPR was performed (no)

42 - CAMMY WILLMORE: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co EMT (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 response to TD’s death - TD has been dead for hours, pink foam (19 Oct 2019)

43 - BRENDA DYE: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co EMT, coroner (summary 1, 2, audio Apr28)
911 response to TD’s death (19 Oct 2019); UT medical examiner cause of death: asphyxiation/homicide
X-EXAM: asks about changing death cert.

44 - SPENCER COOK: STATE WITNESS, Sugar Salem School District technology director (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD’s emails - CV’s address was blocked

45 - KELSEY HARRIS: STATE WITNESS, TD’s coworker and clogging instructor and (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD able to keep up with cardio workouts

46 - SHANNA MILLER: STATE WITNESS, TD’s coworker and workout buddy (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD able to keep up with cardio workouts; TD did not appear sick on the day prior to her death

[---FORENSIC EVIDENCE FROM JJ’s REMAINS---]
47 - KEELEY COLEMAN: STATE WITNESS, DNA analyst (summary 1, audio May1)
LVD’s hair on duct tape from outside of plastic bag wrapped around JJ (May 2022)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, testing procedures

48 - RICKY WRIGHT: STATE WITNESS, FBI special investigator (summary 1, 2, audio May1 pt2)
Yellowstone trip device data & photos, AC’s location at times of murders (Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about determination of pattern, points out that it is AC’s actions not LVD’s

49 - DR ERIK CHRISTENSEN: STATE WITNESS, forensic pathologist (summary 1, audio May1)
Exhumation & autopsy of TD, cause of death asphyxiation, homicide - bruises on arms and chest around time of death (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, asks if TD could have had seizure (possible, but unlikely)

50 - BRUCE MATTINGLY: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff detective (summary 1, audio May2)
TD medical records, Fitbit - show she was very active & healthy; life insur policies total payout $130k
X-EXAM: reiterates that LVD was in HI when TD died, life insur policy in place for years

51 - ALICE GILBERT: STATE WITNESS, TD’s neighbor and fellow [church] ward member (summary 1, 2, audio May2)
CD & TD’s relationship, TD’s death and funeral, CD & LVD’s quick courtship (Oct-Nov 2019), CD predicting TD’s death (Feb 2019), CD asking to live with them & ask for bond after LVD arrested (Feb 2020)
X-EXAM: questions how she knew Melanie Gibb, what she knew about CD’s books, religious beliefs, Preparing a People

52 - TODD GILBERT: STATE WITNESS, TD’s neighbor and fellow [church] ward member (summary 1, 2, audio May2)
TD’s death and funeral, CD & LVD’s quick courtship (Oct-Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, Preparing a People, Gibb/Mow/Vallow/Thor podcast (audio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592