ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't quite follow what prompted the threats. Lori laughed at her for being gullible and then out of the blue threatened to kill her? What was said in between? Did Lori sense that AB was leaving the group or questioning their teachings? Or was she jealous (AB is younger than her)?
Between Nate Eaton's tweets & Pretty Lies & Alibis, it looks like AB decided she was uncomfortable with how the Hawaii-Idaho trip had been going and needed some distance, "prayed about it," and told LVD that she was going to "pack and go to bed early" (maybe saying or implying that she intended to leave early the next morning?) AB then asked if there was "anything weird going on" that she should know about, LVD said no, and when AB didn't press the issue, LVD laughed in her face at how naïve she was for taking her at her word.

It definitely seems to me that there may be pieces missing, because there's something 'off' about the supposed flow of conversation. How much did AB pry into "anything weird going on" before LVD denied it? Did she specifically ask about TD? Did she try to call LVD out? How much had she seen or heard on those days around TD's death that she now isn't willing to admit she knew about?

IMO. MOO. IANAL.

Audrey sounds like another vulnerable wackadoodle who stayed around way too long after she thought things weren’t right … imo
She also seems like a very caring person. She was willing to stay with Melani in HI, though Melani wasn't especially her friend, and Aubrey wanted to go home. This seems way above and beyond.

IMO she was a good friend to these other women, and a nice person, but perhaps overly willingly to override her intuition and discomfort.

Last edited:
Chanley Painter describing when Audrey was testifying and Lori was very reactive like “girl you are lying” during her testimony. The jury had their heads down taking so many notes. Archibald really raised his voice when Audrey went into the Lori killing her and cutting her up sequence.

She also seems like a very caring person. She was willing to stay with Melani in HI, though Melani wasn't especially her friend, and Aubrey wanted to go home. This seems way above and beyond.
but also very inconsistent

she's uncomfortable in Hawaii, uncomfortable with Lori's mood swings and yet she goes and stays in Lori's house immediately after

From @Niner 's summary
'
'Toward the later end of October 2019, Audrey went to Hawaii. Melani and Lori picked Audrey up. They all stayed in a hotel. Rawlings asks Audrey what she recalls about her stay in Hawaii. "It's very uncomfortable," Audrey says.

She says Lori told Audrey Melani was going through a very hard time and Melani needed a friend. Audrey said she could be a friend. Audrey is crying. "Shortly after getting there, Lori told me Tammy had passed away.

I asked her when and she said it had been about a week. I asked her how she passed away. She said in her sleep."

While in Hawaii, they went on bike rides and spent time at the beach. Audrey says Lori's behavior was different. Some moments she was irritated with Melani, other times she was swinging and laughing. "At that time, she seemed agitated or snippy."

Audrey said Lori often got phone calls and she would leave for a long time. Audrey would stay with Melani to keep her happy. Audrey was starting to get uncomfortable and said she was going to go home. Lori said she was going to leave.

Melani said she wasn't ready to go and didn't want to stay alone. So Audrey stayed with her. Lori bought a ticket to go to Idaho on a Wednesday. Audrey then left with Melani on Sunday and flew with her to Idaho so Melani wouldn't be alone.

Audrey said she would pay her condolences in person to Garth because "I knew he had been very close to his mom."

Audrey stayed at Lori's apartment in Rexburg. Chad and Lori were there kissing and hugging. He often came back late at night to stay at the apartment. Melani stayed in one of Lori's rooms'

Between Nate Eaton's tweets & Pretty Lies & Alibis, it looks like AB decided she was uncomfortable with how the Hawaii-Idaho trip had been going and needed some distance, "prayed about it," and told LVD that she was going to "pack and go to bed early" (maybe saying or implying that she intended to leave early the next morning?) AB then asked if there was "anything weird going on" that she should know about, LVD said no, and when AB didn't press the issue, LVD laughed in her face at how naïve she was for taking her at her word.

It definitely seems to me that there may be pieces missing, because there's something 'off' about the supposed flow of conversation. How much did AB pry into "anything weird going on" before LVD denied it? Did she specifically ask about TD? Did she try to call LVD out? How much had she seen or heard on those days around TD's death that she now isn't willing to admit she knew about?

IMO. MOO. IANAL.
Didn't AB say that she was told that both Tylee and JJ were zombies? She visited Lori in November and had no questions about the children while there?

On Audrey's bombshell

Remember back in the day when we watched Zulema's interview with LE. Recall the part where Z said that in hindsight she wondered whether AC was also planning to kill her.
( Massage, plastic sheet, phone call )
Then later when it seemed clear that Z would have been an unlikely target of AC ( or Chad & Lori)

she's uncomfortable in Hawaii, uncomfortable with Lori's mood swings and yet she goes and stays in Lori's house immediately after

From @Niner 's summary
'
'Toward the later end of October 2019, Audrey went to Hawaii. Melani and Lori picked Audrey up. They all stayed in a hotel. Rawlings asks Audrey what she recalls about her stay in Hawaii. "It's very uncomfortable," Audrey says.

She says Lori told Audrey Melani was going through a very hard time and Melani needed a friend. Audrey said she could be a friend. Audrey is crying. "Shortly after getting there, Lori told me Tammy had passed away.

I asked her when and she said it had been about a week. I asked her how she passed away. She said in her sleep."

While in Hawaii, they went on bike rides and spent time at the beach. Audrey says Lori's behavior was different. Some moments she was irritated with Melani, other times she was swinging and laughing. "At that time, she seemed agitated or snippy."

Audrey said Lori often got phone calls and she would leave for a long time. Audrey would stay with Melani to keep her happy. Audrey was starting to get uncomfortable and said she was going to go home. Lori said she was going to leave.

Melani said she wasn't ready to go and didn't want to stay alone. So Audrey stayed with her. Lori bought a ticket to go to Idaho on a Wednesday. Audrey then left with Melani on Sunday and flew with her to Idaho so Melani wouldn't be alone.

Audrey said she would pay her condolences in person to Garth because "I knew he had been very close to his mom."

Audrey stayed at Lori's apartment in Rexburg. Chad and Lori were there kissing and hugging. He often came back late at night to stay at the apartment. Melani stayed in one of Lori's rooms'
Why did Lori get agitated after Tammy's death?

Summary of tweets for Wednesday, May 3rd - Day 16

State witness: Fremont County Detective Vince Kaaiakamanu / Part 1

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
12m
NEW THREAD: We are back in the courtroom. Boyce is on the bench and jurors are being brought in.

Next witness is Fremont County Det. Vince Kaaiakamanu. Lindsey Blake will be questioning him.

Kaaiakamanu is over the detective division and worked as a supervisor over the patrol division. He has worked at the sheriff's office for 18 years. He and Helena Kaaiakamanu, the dispatcher who testified earlier in the trial, are brother and sister.

Kaaiakamanu says the night before Tammy Daybell died, he was assisting Idaho Falls Police with an officer-involved shooting. He got home around 4:30 a.m. on Oct. 19 and fell asleep.

When he woke up, he noticed a missed call from Dep. Greenhalgh, who previously testified in the trial. He called her back.

Greenhalgh told Kaaiakamanu she had already spoken with Det. Mattingly and the coroner were on scene. Kaaiakamanu had never heard of Tammy Daybell before this. The Fremont County Sheriff's Office began investigating the death at the end of Oct. 2019.

Kaaiakamanu explains how other police departments in Arizona and Idaho (and the FBI) got involved in the investigation into JJ, TYlee, Tammy and Charles.

Kaaiakamanu says he reviewed a text message Tammy Daybell sent to her son Mark Daybell. Blake asks to admit a copy into evidence.

Thomas objects to the exhibit. It was admitted earlier in the trial but has not been shown to the jury. Boyce reviews the exhibits before making a ruling.

Boyce asks to have a sidebar with the attorneys. White noise is played in the courtroom.

Boyce overrules the objection and allows the text message in.

A copy of the email (not text message) is shown on the big screen in the courtroom. It was sent from Tammy.Daybell@gmail.com to Mark's missionary email account on Oct. 13, 2019 at 2:38 p.m.

Blake asks Kaaiakamanu to read from the email. "Now on the same day, I was coming home from clogging. It was at about 9:15 and I baked into the driveway. I was getting some items out of the back seats.

We had made freezer meals at enrichment meals. I looked up thinking it was dad or Garth to help me carry stuff in. Nope. It was a guy with a ski mask on with a rifle pointed at me." Tammy says she asked the man what he was doing before realizing it was a paintball gun.

The gun kept firing but nothing was coming out. Tammy said she kept asking what the guy was doing. She said she thought about hitting him with her clogging shoes. Instead she yelled 'Chad' and the guy ran away. Tammy then wrote that she ran into the house to get Dad and Garth.

Tammy wrote that Chad and Garth went outside to look for the shooter but couldn't find him. They called the police and Tammy says they believed the shooter was a "bipolar teenager" from down the street.

Blake now asks to admit a Powerpoint exhibit with information related to the homerjmaximus account. Alex owned the account.

Thomas objects to the exhibit and says it's improper to have the detective read from a summary. Blake says having the detective memorize the entire thing would not be possible.

Boyce overrules the objection and allows the Powerpoint in as a demonstrative exhibit. The first slide says 'homerjmaximus searches.'

Kaaiakamanu says some of the searches stood out to him. On Oct. 1, 2019, Alex searched for directions to Mesa, Arizona from Gallup, New Mexico. That same night, at 7:52 p.m., he searched for a specific address on Phelps Street in Gilbert, Arizona.

This was where Brandon Boudreaux was living. On Oct. 2, he searched for directions on how to get to the same address at 7:17 a.m. This is the last time the address is searched.

On Oct. 8, 2019, Alex searched for:
6.5 grendel drop from 100 yards to 200 yards
6.5 grendel drop from 100 yards to 300 yards
Kaaiakamanu says he believes Alex was trying to figure out where to stand to have an accurate shot at Tammy Daybell.

On Oct. 9, 2019, he searched for several different AR-15 uppers, muzzle energy of 6.5 grendel and frog togg sizing for pants.

Kaaiakamanu says the searches were done on the homerjmaximus account registered to Alex Cox so we can't say for 100% certainty that it was Alex but it was his account.

And his device.

On Oct. 10, 2019, there were several searches about AR-15, using it in cold weather and how to use it. He also did a YouTube search on shooting an AR-15 at -30 degrees. Kaaiakamanu says it was 26 degrees in Fremont County on this particular day.

On Oct. 12, 2019, there were several other Google searches performed regarding guns, firearms and ammunition. There was also a search about a Dodge Dakota.

The Daybells had a 2004 Dodge Dakota and Tammy drove the Dakota. The searches were in relation to what it would take to shoot through a vehicle.

Kaaiakamanu says Alex Cox visited the Fremont County Sportsman's Club on Oct. 7, 8, 12, 13 and 15. The person who signed in was C QUINT. Sidenote: Alex loved Captain Quint from the movie Jaws.

Kaaiakamanu says firearms found in Lori's garage were seized for evidence. They have been kept at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office and are now being held as evidence in Boise.

Blake asks to admit two photos of the firearms.

Thomas says rather than having photos of the firearms, he wants the actual guns brought into the courtroom. He wants the jury to see the firearms.

Boyce says he will take the objection under advisement but will allow the photos in at this point. If the defense wants the guns brought in, they are welcome to do it during their portion of Lori's defense. Thomas says he plans to do so.

Blake shows a photo on the screen. There are two firearms on the image. One of them is a 6.5 Grendel. "When Tammy dAybell fire called in the attempted shooting, she described the rifle as a paintball gun.

After looking at all the firearms, this one stuck out because it has a larger scope on it which could be mistaken for a hopper, which Tammy described. A hopper is on a paintball gun."

Kaaiakamanu describes his background with paintball guns and AR-15s. Blake asks for a brief sidebar.

Sidebar is over. Kaaiakamanu is shown a photo of an example of a paintball gun. Blake asks to admit the photo as a demonstrative exhibit. Thomas objects and says the image is inflammatory, it's not the gun used the night Tammy was shot at and it's prejudicial to admit.

Kaaiakamanu now testifies about the email sent from Charles to Tammy where Charles said he was aware that their spouses were cheating on each other. Charles asked to meet with Tammy to discuss it.

Kaaiakamanu was never able to determine whether Tammy read the email. The email from Charles to Chad was sent on the same day. Charles told Chad he needed to stop talking to Lori and he needed to tell Tammy what was going on.

Kaaiakamanu says he requested a Google geofence warrant for information on Oct. 18 - Oct 19 at the Daybell's property and the LDS Church near Chad's house.

Google responded to the warrant with four identification numbers. Kaaiakamanu served another warrant to learn who the identification numbers were associated to.

Kaaiakamanu learned the identification numbers did not have anything to do with his investigation.

On another warrant, there was a hit on a device associated to Alex Cox at the LDS Salem church from 10:07 p.m. - 10:45 p.m. on Oct. 18, 2019. At 11:53 p.m., the device for homerjmaximus was later picked up on Wifi seven minutes away from the Salem church.

None of the geofence warrants showed Chad Daybell's activities. Chad had told many people he was home the night Tammy died but none of his devices showed up in the area during the time frame.

Kaaiakamanu says Chad Daybell was the beneficiary of all of Tammy's life insurance policies. All of the policies paid out. Chad currently faces two counts of insurance fraud in Fremont County. Blake suggests breaking for lunch and moving forward after lunch. Back around 12:50 p.m

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

and tomorrow morning - the rest...

On Audrey's bombshell

Remember back in the day when we watched Zulema's interview with LE. Recall the part where Z said that in hindsight she wondered whether AC was also planning to kill her.
( Massage, plastic sheet, phone call )
Then later when it seemed clear that Z would have been an unlikely target of AC ( or Chad & Lori)
I'm not sure I believe ZP about the massage. It's a little too convenient to paint herself as a possible victim.

From @Niner 's summary
'

just gets more and more bizarre.

I was surprised to learn how many people Chad told in February 2019 that Tammy would die before her 50th birthday. It seems like all his followers knew, but Tammy didn't. When his neighbor asked him about it immediately after Tammy's death, Chad just confirmed his prophecy had been fulfilled. Another surprise was Chad's admission about Tylee not liking him (in past tense) to his neighbor. They were reckless with information, yet didn't get caught sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ