ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning break until 10:45 as Boyce review ins agent‘s file.

There must be something interesting in there that Thomas does not want introduced and have her excused as a witness.

Summary of tweets for Thursday, May 4th - Day 17

State witness: Ian Pawlowski, Lori's nephew-in-law continues on stand for cross-exam

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
2h
Today is Tammy Daybell’s birthday. She would have turned 53.

Tammy.jpg

It's day 22 of Lori Vallow Daybell's murder trial. Ian Pawlowski, Lori's nephew-in-law, remains on the

stand. The prosecution finished questioning him yesterday and the defense plans to play secret

recordings Ian obtained for police from Lori, Chad and Alex Cox.

Melani Pawlowski, Ian's wife, is expected to be called to the stand today. At 3:45 p.m., Chad Daybell

has a status conference for his case. It will be held in this same courtroom with Chad attending via

Zoom. I'll be here for that and will let you know what happens.

Lori Daybell has entered the courtroom. She's wearing white pants with black stripes and a black top

with a black sweater. She's chatting with her attorneys. Prosecutors are settling in at their table.

The public seating area of the courtroom is packed.

The bailiff is reviewing the courtroom conduct order with the audience and reminds everyone to turn

their phones off.

Attorneys are headed back into Judge Boyce's chambers. Lori remains at the defense table with her

back to the audience as she writes on a notepad. John Prior, Chad's attorney, is in the courtroom.

Attorneys are done meeting with Judge Boyce and are back at their tables. Waiting for Judge Boyce to

enter the courtroom.

Boyce is on the bench. "The court had a conference with counsel this morning in regards to a legal

issue with the current witness - Ian Pawlowski." The issue revolves around the recordings Ian has.

The defense wants to play them and Boyce needs to decide if they are admissible. We will hear

argument outside of the presence of the jury.

Jim Archibald arguing for the defense. He says he asked for Ian to be dismissed completely and not

testify at all. "Since he was allowed to testify, he has said he was a "snitch" - a secret recording

at the direction of law enforcement.

Mr. Pawlowski has testified so far that he dated Melani Boudreaux for a couple of weeks, got married

in Vegas and then contacted law enforcement a week later and, at the direction of law enforcement, he

became a snitch."

Archibald says he reviewed the recordings last night and they have already been admitted as

discovery. They are also listed on the state's witness and exhibit list.

"The recording we would like to play this morning is from Ian Pawlowski - recording #9 on Dec. 12 or

13. It's a conversation secretly recorded by Ian Pawlowski. His new wife Melani is talking on the

phone with Chad Daybell and Lori Daybell and they are discussing several issues -

- the death of Alex, the religious issues, a blessing from Chad and I'll remind the court these

religious issues are charged by the state as an overt act. That this conspiracy my client is being

accused of is due in part to religious issues - religious beliefs."

Archibald says there are several hours worth of tape. This particular recording is about 55 minutes

and he wants permission from the court to play the recording.

"The recording is the best evidence. It contains statements of the religious issues as alleged by the

state. It contains the actual statements.

We don't believe a couple of statements (Mr. Pawlowski) has made about the summary are a fair and

accurate summary of what happened here so we would prefer the best evidence which is the recording

itself," Archibald says.

Blake now arguing for the state. She says it's objectionable to refer to Ian as a "snitch." She says

he was trying to help the police locate missing children.

"He was asked about making the recordings but prior he was asked about some of the religious

teachings that Lori had or taught to him." Blake argues the recordings are hearsay as there are

multiple people talking on the recordings.

"I do believe these would contain potentially self-serving statements - not in the sense she knew she

was being recorded but in the sense the defense would use them for the truth of the matter.

If they aren't going to be used for the truth of the matter, we get into the fact of whether they are

relevant."

Blake: "I want to be very clear. Religious beliefs are not an overt act as charged by the state. What

the state has charged is the defendants espoused religious beliefs to control others. There's been no

overt act that they actually held or believed these things."

Blake opposes having the recordings brought in.

Archibald responds that the statements of co-conspirators are not hearsay so Chad's and Alex's

statements on the recording would not be hearsay. He says the state has alleged "unknown

conspirators" so Melani Pawlowski could be included in that.

He says because of this, the recording should be admitted.

Boyce is taking a recess to his chambers to discuss the issue with his staff attorney. He will come

back and make a ruling.

Lori is standing with her attorneys in the circle and passionately explaining something.

Boyce is back on the bench about to rule on whether the secret recordings can be played.

Boyce says the recordings constituent hearsay and can NOT be admitted. He says if, on cross-

examination, the witness contradicts what he said on the recordings, it could open the door to having

them played.

Ian Pawlowski is being brought into the courtroom. His attorney, Garrett Smith, also enters and sits

on the front row of the audience section in the courtroom. Jurors are bring brought in.

Jurors are in the courtroom. Archibald will cross-examine Ian.

CORRECTION: Thomas will conduct cross-examination.

Thomas asks Ian how he's doing. "As well as can be, I guess," he responds.

Ian explains he met Melani in November 2019. They dated 10 days before getting married in Las Vegas.

Thomas reiterates that Ian asked Chad and Lori Daybell for permission before he proposed to Melani.

Ian says Melani's mom passed away when she was young. Thomas asks about casting.

Ian: "There were references to it during phone calls that I heard. My understanding is with casting

you are trying to expel a possession or "bug" type of possession where something would crawl into

your ear. During casting you would pray to force the possession out of the body."

Ian says he recorded the conversations with his new wife for two weeks. Only he and the FBI knew, he

says. On Dec. 12, 2019, Alex Cox died. It was a significant day for Melani as Alex was her uncle.

Ian remembers having a phone call with Chad and Lori the day or the day after but doesn't remember

the specifics.

Ian recalls the day Alex died. Lori told Melani to "go to a place of safety" so she went to Ian's

apartment and then went to the temple. Ian recorded the entire conversation Melani had with Chad and

Lori.

Ian says the purpose of making the recordings was to get anything he could to help find Tylee and JJ.

Ian says there were nine recordings. "I've heard bits and pieces of them. I haven't ever listened to

them all the way through."

Ian says he's never listened to them with law enforcement. The last time he listened was when he was

summoned to the grand jury for Lori. He says he heard about 10 minutes total.

The snippets Ian heard included conversations with Melani, Alex, Lori and Chad. One time Melani was

sick and on the call Lori said, "She folded Satan up in a taco and locking him in a box in

Antarctica."

Ian said spiritual attacks were coming for the next two weeks and then things would calm down.

Ian gave Melani a blessing when Alex died. Thomas is asking about a blessing from Clad and Lori.

"Blessings were flying around like flies," Ian says. "Blessings of comfort, to remove dark blessings.

When I called Chad to ask for Melani's hand in marriage, Chad gave me a blessing to shield me from

darkness."

Ian says there's no shortage of people in Melani's life who will take advantage of her. Thomas asks

if Lori was taking advantage of Melani. Ian believes she was. Thomas asks how Lori has manipulated

Melani specifically.

"In the two weeks I was meeting with them, there were a lot of things that came about that Lori was

exactly being truthful with Melani. She was telling her that Brandon is dark, that law enforcement

officers

Melani should have been cooperating with were dark beings when in reality these officers were trying

to find two missing children and what happened with the shooting of Brandon Boudreaux."

Thomas asks Ian if Chad and Lori ever said anything bad about him. He says they did not.

Thomas says based on Ian's purported lack of knowledge about what was recorded on Dec. 12/13, he asks

Boyce to allow Ian to listen to the recording. Prosecutors request a sidebar. White noise is played

in the courtroom.

Sidebar is over. Boyce says he is denying the request to play the recording at this time. Thomas

continues questioning Ian.

Zulema called Melani and told her that Alex had died. Melani then called Lori and Chad, according to

Ian. Ian recorded the call. He says he was trying to record as many calls as he could without looking

suspicious. Melani was distraught when Alex died.

She was crying and felt like she had been attacked by spiritual demons. "She had been told my Chad

and Lori that there was going to be a spiritual attack that day. With Alex dying, that confirmed it."

"I have no clue how Chad and Lori knew there was going to a spiritual attack that day. Then Alex

died," Ian says. "There's reality and then there's layers of spiritual explanation that were laid

over reality."

Chad and Lori gave Melani a blessing over the phone after Alex died "but I don't believe a spiritual

attack killed Alex."

Thomas asks if he recalls Chad and Lori saying they would put shields of light around Melani after

Alex died. Ian says that sounds like something they would say but doesn't specifically recall.

On the nine recordings, Ian says there are a "handful" of blessings done over the phone. Ian was

brought into the blessings.

Thomas asks if Ian ever remembers putting hands on Melani's head for a blessing while Lori and Chad were on the phone. He says he doesn't recall but if Thomas told him it happened, he would believe him. Thomas has no further questions.

Blake has no re-direct questions. Ian is released from the stand. Thomas asks that Ian remain under subpoena as they may call him during their case.

"Given the posture of Mr. Pawlowski, we believe it's unlikely he come back should we need him to come back so we ask that he not be released from the subpoena." Blake wants him dismissed from the subpoena.

Ian will be released from the state's subpoena but before he leaves today, the defense will issue him a subpoena. Garrett Smith, Ian's attorney, tells Blake that Ian will come back if served a subpoena.

Ian leaves the stand. The next witness is Taylor Ballard.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

I am noticing more and more that this ham-handed plot was encumbered by the vaccuum that CD and LVD lived in. They actually thought that the logic that was used in their vanity scamfest of a cult would be effective at manipulating everyone in the outside culture.

Why sure, it makes perfect sense that they predicted the spiritual attack on AC, rather than just a standard kill-the-co-conspirator-when-the-heat-is-on situation. That is absurd, and I think it fits the literal definition of a "self-fulfilling prophesy." It is a cliche.

I can sense the deepening dread felt by everyone in their orbit as they slowly realized the danger that CD and LVD presented to everyone. They were acquiring people to use and and milk for resources, much in the fashion of a pyramid scheme. They needed more people to act as tentacles of the cult to bring in more more money and more victims.

It is both amateurish and horrifying.

There must be something interesting in there that Thomas does not want introduced and have her excused as a witness.
I will be pissed if she accidentally wrote in Chad's file:

"staff holiday party - $16.00 per person at Moe's Grill or $15.50 per person at Cindy's park side. Must decide by Tuesday."

And Thomas is objecting because it wasn't disclosed.

MOO

Summary of tweets for Thursday, May 4th - Day 17

State witness: Taylor Ballard, Health insurance broker / Part 1

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
37m
Ian leaves the stand. The next witness is Taylor Ballard.

Ballard works as a health insurance broken in Rexburg. Chad Daybell was his client. Ballard met with Chad on Oct. 31, 2019. He came in and asked about obtaining health insurance effective Nov. 1.

The health insurance he had expired the day before because his wife's policy was over after she died. Chad asked for insurance for him and some of his adult children.

Chad said his income for 2020 was going to look different now that his wife was gone. Ballard told her they don't normally apply apply people for Medicaid but given the nature of his situation and his wife being a previous client, she would apply him for Medicaid in January.

She arranged insurance for him and the kids in November and December. When Ballard went to enroll Chad in Medicaid, the income numbers they had were higher than what he told her.

Health and Welfare asked Ballard to get Chad's tax return to see what his income was. Ballard texted Chad and said he needed the tax form. Chad responded that he was out of state all week but would bring him the tax form the following week.

At some point, Chad brought in the tax return and Health and Welfare said he did not qualify for Medicaid but a tax credit instead.

On Nov. 21, Ballard texted Chad and asked him to come in to discuss coverage. He came in and Chad asked if he was to get married, how hard it would be to add his wife to the policy.

"I told him that it wasn't a problem to add a spouse but we'd need to do it within 60 days of the date of marriage." Chad said at that time, it was just him and his son Mark who needed coverage.

Ballard emailed Chad his coverage plans options. Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Tawnya Rawlings is questioning Ballard.

Ballard asks to look at her notes. The defense and prosecution have a right to see notes before a witness looks at them so Thomas is now reviewing them.

Thomas asks for a sidebar.

Boyce will allow the witness to refer to her notes. She can look at her notes to refresh her memory but then must close then when she testifies.

Ballard says everything she gave law enforcement everything she had on Chad Daybell. Thomas interjects with an objection and asks that Ballard be excused as a witness. We are now having another sidebar.

Boyce back on the bench. He is going to review the insurance agent's file so we are having a morning break until 10:45 a.m.

NEW THREAD: Melani Pawlowski will not testify today. She left Idaho yesterday. Ian has left the courthouse and is on his way home. It's unclear if she has been released from her subpoena.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

I generally believe that Alex died of a pulmonary embolism. But it has always been sus.

Ian just might push me over to the murder/"conspiracy" to suicide side.

Maybe they just got lucky and Alex's lungs were filled with clots that were soon to kill him.

MOO
same but IDK what toxicology they did on him. ( I did wonder about suicide - encouraged by L&C - if not stress)
Have never thought that L, C or Z murdered him

There is a message in LDS culture to BE married, so there is an acceptance of it happening very quickly. I've seen it personally, a few times

Also want to share another murder case in Florida, showing a divorced LDS couple, they both marry again quickly; ex-wife doesn't like shared custody, so somehow her new husband and a hit man kill the ex-husband. The ex-wife currently living Scott free in Oregon......Her very very rich and prominent LDS parents seem to be heavily protecting daughter.

Truly fascinating case as it rolls out too!

moo.
You would think that in this day and age, you’d want to attend college or career training, get a job, travel, and live on your own before rushing into marriage.

HTC has this as the issue. Another state discovery violation because of...

( Have no idea what is going on but it's getting hard to maintain interest in this hearing today. )

why did Mel P already leave Idaho when yesterday Boyce said that they would decide whether she might testify today?

'Melani Pawlowski will not testify today. She left Idaho yesterday. Ian has left the courthouse and is on his way home. It's unclear if she has been released from her subpoena.'

:mad:

This says AB did testify in front of the GJ. Lori's defense attorneys said she took the 5th. They play dirty.

View attachment 419566

Are you sure they said that?

I thought it was a member here who said she took the 5th, another member Jolyanna corrected that and Defense on the audio said that she didn't mention bombshell in testimony to GJ ( I listened to it a few hours ago & did not hear them say that. Maybe I missed it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961