Found Deceased ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of tweets for Monday, May 8th - Day 1

State witness: Former FBI Special Agent Doug Hart - Part 3

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
10h
NEW THREAD: We are back from lunch and Boyce is on the bench. He says he's ready to rule on the exhibits that the next witness, Nick Edwards, has prepared. Prosecutors want them admitted for the jury to see.

Boyce says he has multiple issues after going through the Edwards Powerpoint exhibit. "It appears to be a closing argument Powerpoint. There is editorialization in the Powerpoint." Boyce says one slide cites directly from the report of another officer.

If an officer were on the stand, they would not be allowed to quote directly from a report. Boyce says another slide quotes directly from an interview Melanie Gibb gave before the trial. "There are simply too many issues from the way that PowerPoint was put together."

Boyce says it's "prepackaged testimony" and not a summary.

Boyce says the presentation has too many issues and he's not going to allow it in. "The witness can testify and can testify to any material facts he knows about but the Powerpoint itself is going to be disallowed based on what the court has reviewed."

Boyce now ruling on whether the entire James and Elena romance story can be admitted. He says it's 35 slides worth of a long story that is "part fantasy.

To read the entire story into the record and publish it likewise to the jury would create a waste of time. needlessly cumulative of evidence and may be too confusing to the jury at that point."

Boyce says he will allow the story in its entirety to be submitted to the jury as an exhibit but won't allow for the entire thing to be read into the record.

There are some slides after the story in the presentation that Boyce says he will not allow for several reasons. He says one slide has multiple photos and titles that are argumentative.

He says another slide has highlighting on it and case law does not allow for emphasis on some parts versus others. So these slides will not be admitted.

Boyce now ruling on a timeline that prosecutors want to be admitted. He says certain slides are highlighted in colors and they stand out. "I think it's improper to emphasize certain parts of evidence. That's for argument."

Boyce asks to have editorial references and colors to be removed. Once those changes are made, he is fine to admit the timeline.

Blake asks if some of the slides on the Edwards exhibit can be admitted as separate, individual slides. Boyce says he will consider it when the time comes. Jurors will now be brought in.

Hart takes the witness stand. Here is a sketch of him testifying this morning.

Hart.jpg

The first slide we see this afternoon is between Sidney Woodbury from Care.com: Find Child Care, Babysitters, Senior Care, Pet Care and Housekeeping to Lori on Sept. 13, 2019. Sidney testified earlier in the trial. She writes to Lori that she's worked with autistic children in the past and thinks she would do great babysitting JJ.

Lori responds that she will pay $15 an hour and is flexible with time. Lori says she will need childcare every afternoon starting at 2:30 p.m. and then on Saturday.

The last known sighting of Tylee Ryan was Sept. 8, 2019. Smith asks Hart if Tylee was a resource in helping care for JJ before she disappeared.

Hart: "There were lots of texts in the iCloud related to Tylee helping to take care of JJ when Lori Vallow had errands to run or needed to be absent from the home for one reason or another."

Lori had help from others to care for JJ in Arizona. Hart says after Lori moved to Rexburg, the only source of help he found for Lori was Sidney.

The next slide shows the photo of JJ playing with a cup on the couch. It was taken Sept. 22 at 10:46 a.m. It's the last known video of JJ. It's very short - maybe 3-4 seconds. No other videos or photos were found in Lori's iCloud account after this day.

On Sept. 24, Sidney texts Lori and asks if she is still ok with her coming over today. Lori responds that JJ's grandparents came and took him "to give me a break."

"He won't be back until probably the end of October. I wish I had other work for you to do. You are such a darling girl. I understand if you need to get another job." Lori sends another message to Sidney. "I'm not sure when he will be back but I'm going to travel."

Hart says there was no indication that JJ's grandparents visited Rexburg.

On Oct. 3, Chad texts Lori: "Good night angel Lili. So excited to go on our date." Loi texts Alex the next day. "We are supposed to go on a real date tonight but we are discussing it. Perhaps an evening at home would be better so we are not out and about. I'll let you know.

But u could come and sing with us after your shower." Chad to Lori the next day (Oct. 5): Hello, sweet angel. Big news about Tammy. Please let me know if you are awake and can talk."

Chad then texts that Tammy "has been switched. Tammy is in Limbo, and a level 3 demonic entity named Viola is in her body. It happened at around 10 p.m. and was done by Tammy's sister Sam, who I always knew was 3D but in terms of. "Sam is much like Brandon.

She has been my biggest enemy over the years. She refuses to read my books and threw the biggest fit when we moved to Idaho. She has only visited us when the kids got married and always fled Idaho within hours like she was being burned.

She's definitely comparable to Brandon and Summer." Chad to Lori: "Not fully sure of the timing for removal, but once her actions verify the differences, I don't want to wait."

The next slide shows messages on Oct. 7, 2019. Lori to Melani B.: "I'm really feeling like we need to go to Missouri and work. Maybe we can fly there on Thursday and back on sat."

Lori to Melani B.: "Amerian has a nonstop flight from Phx to Kansas City Thursday at 1pm. Then fly back on sat at 6:30 p.m. Audrey said we could stay with her but I told her we could get a hotel and she could stay with us. She will take us to all the amazing sights!"

Melani to Lori: "What about Brandon not being able to take the kids to (Utah)? Does dad think I will need to be here." Lori says, "Nope. U need to be unavailable. That is the schedule." Melani to Lori: "Ok captain."

On Oct. 14, Audrey B. texts Lori and asks, "How did yesterday go? With you and C working?" Lori to Audrey, "Well we did a lot of work today. We got her out but a brand new one got in. So we are still working on it. Audrey any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.

Audrey to Lori: "Ok (shocked face emoji)."

Smith asks about the emoji on the last text. I descried it as a shocked face emoji (hard to see from my seat) but on closer look, it does have an 'x' over each eye. Hart says it could mean death.This text was sent between the attempted shooting of Tammy & the day Tammy was killed

Now we see texts between Lori and Melani sent on Oct. 14. Lori to Melani: "Ya but until that agreement is signed by the judge it is all subject to change. That's probably the reason for the delay." Melani to Lori: "Is there a possibility he could go before I move?"

Lori to Melani: "There's always that possibility. We will work on it! Just have faith." Melani tells Lori shd doesn't recall the words "to get him out."

On Oct. 19, the day Tammy died, Lori receives a text from an unknown individual at 10:33 a.m. Lori was in Hawaii with Melani. "I'm not sure if you hear but Chad's wide died last night." Lori responds, "Oh my gosh. I did not hear that. I'm in Hawaii and it's 6 a.m."

Lori then texts, "Do you know what happened?" Unknown responds, "Yes, she awoke in the night coughing, threw up, collapsed and passed away."

The night Tammy died, Chad texts Lori. "Not fun without you. Can u call me?" Lori responds, "How are you doing is the question?" Chad to Lori, "I'm hanging in there. My parents are staying here and we are still getting visitors, but I will call you soon."

The next slide is around midnight on Oct. 20, 2019. Chad to Lori: "Percentage in body - Holsor 24, Ukola 11, Grisome 14." Chad to Lori, "Great job on lowering them. I loved talking with you. It is baby night so come get mt later."

The next morning - Chad to Lori, "Missing you so much. I can feel you in bed with me, though. Can't wait to hold you tightly every day and night." Lori to Chad, "I'm missing you more!! I need you desperately! I can't wait!"

Continuing...Lori to Chad: "Need you to hold me tight! That would be great. What about the idea of you coming here Thursday or Friday. Or do u want me to come home?" Chad to Lori, "Their apartment is haunted and we can't clear the place.

So they are looking to move anyway, and I have the perfect place for them. I need to be here to get sorting the financial stuff." Chad asks Lori to look for a condo for them in Hawaii. Chad texts Lori, "I want to get going full steam on the Lili workout plan.

Tighten the abs, get a full-body tan, grow my hair out. This could be really good for both of us." Lori to Chad: "I love that plan."

Chad and Lori go back and forth over how much they miss each other and want to be with each other. Remember - this is the morning after Tammy died. Chad says, "I'm feeling sad, but it isn't for the reason everyone thinks."

On Oct. 23, Lori texts Chad: "I had a bad dream about Al. Make sure he is still him and protect him." Lori to Chad: "He would be the one they use to get to us both. All this alone time is not good for him." Chad to Lori, "I will try to reach out to him later today."

Chad says: "I just cleared all of Al's weapons, curses and cords, and filled him with malachite healing balm. I also put angels around him."

On another message, a text says, "Alex cox multiple creation 4th creation exalted 9 times sibling to 2 times on 4th creation and became eternal companions after 4th creation. His mission is to help Lori."

Hart says there was evidence on Lori's iCloud that Alex believed his mission was to help Lori. The next slide shows a message from Lori to Melani B. on Nov. 16. "Will you do this job if your whole family turns against you?? That is what the Lord has asked of us!

Our glories will be worth it and they will all shrink on our presence. It will be a sad day for those who chose to oppose us when we work for the Lord and are His valiant warriors. Be strong my little one!! We will be gone in a few."

Hart says he found hundreds of videos on the iCloud account. Smith now asks to admit a written copy of the patriarchal blessing Chad gave to Alex.

Smith asks Hart if he knows what a patriarchal blessing is and who has the authority to give the blessings. He says they are blessings given to LDS members and they give them guidance and direction.

He says within each geographic stake within the church, one person is called to administer the blessings to people living in the area. Hart says Chad Daybell was not authorized by the church to give patriarchal blessings.

Smith asks Hart if any part of the patriarchal blessing Chad gave to Alex stood out. He reads the part where it says Alex was a warrior and chosen to do important things.

At one point, Chad said, "Well done. Thy soul is cleansed. All is well...You will be a powerful servant. I bless you with the knowledge that you will now move forward with physical action and spiritual power that will be bestowed upon you." Alex died two weeks later.

Hart says there were "several" messages of planning for the future on the iCloud accounts.

Smith asks about deleted items on the iCloud - specifically about Kay Woodcock. Hart doesn't know about deleted items but says "there were messages from Kay Woodcock to Lori Vallow about wanting to Facetime JJ and bring JJ to his father's memorial service."

Hart says there were a lot of messages about the day-to-day activities of JJ and Tylee prior to September 2019. After Sept. 8, there was no evidence of Tylee on the iCloud. After Sept. 23, there was nothing on the iCloud about JJ.

Hart says there were two messages about a divorce between Lori and Charles on the iCloud account. One was from Lori's bishop saying Charles was going to serve Lori with divorce papers. The other was from Charles about the divorce.

Smith asks if there was any evidence that Lori searched for a divorce attorney. He says no.

Boyce asks for a quick sidebar with the attorneys. White noise is played in the courtroom.

We are now taking an afternoon break. Be back at 2:45 p.m.

NEW THREAD: Boyce is back on the bench. Jurors are being brought in.

Smith asks Hart about the messages he found about JJ, Tylee and Tammy being dark. She asks if he ever saw an objection to them being dark. He says no.

Smith: "From November 2019 until June 2020, did the FBI and law enforcement ever stop looking for JJ and Tylee?" Hart: "No." Smith: "Did you ever see any evidence that JJ Vallow was alive after September 2019?" Hart: "No."

Smith: "Did you ever see any evidence that Lori was looking for him or trying to help him after Sept. 22, 2019?" Hart: "No."

Thomas asks about the patriarchal blessing. He asks how Hart learned that Chad did not have the authority to perform the blessings. Hart says he did not contact anyone in LDS leadership about it.

Hart says he knew Chad's calling in the church was the ward clerk - not the patriarch. "Based on the totality of the investigation, to my knowledge. Chad Daybell is not a patriarch."

Thomas asks about the hundreds of videos on Lori's iCloud accounts. He says there were lots of videos of Lori singing with her children, playing on the beach and acting like a mother does with her children. Hart says that's correct.

Thomas asks about the relationship between Audrey and Chad. Hart says Audrey looked up to Chad as a spiritual leader. Thomas says, "Chad had a number of women he communicated with through text."

Hart says, "A small number." Thomas lists off Melanie Gibb, Melani Boudreaux, Zulema Pastenes. Thomas says, "There was a number of women in the group. Chad was the leader of the group." Hart responds, "Along with Lori, correct."

Hart says there were "normal mom-type" texts on Lori's accounts - going to doctor appointments, getting food, grocery shopping, paying bills, etc. "As a whole, isn't it true Lori was, for all intents and purposes, a pretty good mother?"

Hart: "With the exception of what happened to her children, yes."

Thomas asks Hart what Lori's prior WiFi passwords were. Hart doesn't know. Thomas says, "Would it surprise you to know that Lori's password is 5kids4ever?" Hart says that's possible but he doesn't recall seeing it in the iCloud.

Thomas asks if it's possible Lori was busy doing other things and Alex couldn't remember the 5kids4ever so he went with 2manykids. Smith objects and says the question calls for speculation. Boyce sustains it.

Thomas asks Hart if he knows who Nathan Pacheco is Hart does not. Thomas says he is a fairly famous religious singer. Thomas asks Hart if he would be surprised to leave that Lori had a crush on Pacheco. Hart says he has no knowledge of that.

Thomas says they could have been joking because Lori had a crush on Pacheco. She could have thought he was light and Chad could have thought he was dark.

Thomas asks Hart if he ever saw any reference to Ira and Ralph on the iCloud. Hart says Ira was another entity that was in Charles Vallow's body. Ralph is the name of another entity but Hart doesn't remember who he was attached to.

Thomas asks Hart if he's ever watched 'Romancing the Stone' and says the names could have come from the movie. Thomas asks Hart if he did any research on the names. Hart says no.

Thomas asks Hart what happened when a person's number reaches zero. Hart says they are ready for death.

Thomas says, "Isn't it your understanding that you don't really have an understanding about what was going on here with the percentages/light/dark scale?" Hart responds, "I don't agree."

He says Tylee and JJ and Tammy and Charles all ended up dead and had bad numbers on the scale. Thomas says couldn't this be more like Dungeons and Dragons and playing with dice. Hart: "Absent the people killed, yes."

As Thomas cross-examines, Lori leans forward with her arms on the table. She is looking back and forth between her attorney and the witness.

Thomas references the text Chad sent to Lori about changing coming to Utah. Thomas asks what type of changes were coming to Utah. Hart says he has no idea. Thomas asks if he looked into this.

Hart says these were Chad Daybell's revelations. Thomas asks if this was all fantasy. Hart responds, "Now everything was fantasy."

Melani B. frequently referred to Chad Daybell as "dad" or "her father," according to Hart.

Thomas reads the text about Chad needing to release steam and the chart Chad referenced. Hart says nobody in law enforcement could ever find the chart. Thomas says it was fantasy then. Hart says, "I don't know if it was that or if it just didn't attach to the message."

Thomas asks Hart about Chad Daybell manipulating people. Hart says he did manipulate people including Lori. Thomas has no further questions.

Smith asking questions on re-direct. She asks if Lori ever manipulated Chad or others. Hart says yes. Smith asks of all the other women Chad communicated with had their children dead or buried in Daybell's backyard. Hart says none. Smith says nothing further.

Hart is dismissed from the witness stand. No further witnesses will be called today. What a day! I'll break it all down tonight at 7:30 p.m.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

Tuesday, May 9th:
*Trial continues (Day 20) (@ 8:30am – 3:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Was transferred to Ada County jail on 3/22/23. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22. Madison County
Trial began on 4/3/23 with jury selection & ended 4/7/23. 12 jurors & 6 alternates (10 men & 8 women).
Trial began on 4/10/23 (thru 6/9/23) @ 8:30am to 3:30pm. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last about 10 weeks) Trials have been severed.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/30/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-5 (4/3-4/7/23) & Trial Day 1-18 (4/10-5/5/23) reference post #16 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mmy-daybell-charles-vallow-arrests-74.677118/

5/8/23 Monday, Trial Day 19: State witness: Former FBI Special Agent Doug Hart & now serves at the Canyon County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy.
For more info see posts #49 [pg 3] & 77 [pg 4] & 162 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ybell-charles-vallow-arrests-74.677118/page-9
Trial continues on Tuesday, 5/9/23 @ 8:30am and ends 3:30pm.

*Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) – Status hearing on 5/4/23. Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 was vacated & set for June, 2024.

just reading the texts between LVD and CD makes me feel unclean
the reason CD didn’t like Samantha or Summer is probably because abusive spouses always try to separate their partners from those closest to them - like their sisters
i wonder if, as her children got older, poor Tammy was depressed thinking of her future with the vainglorious manbaby that she had married
moo

I’ll admit that I couldn’t read nor listen to all of those texts from today - well I guess that’s yesterday now…Anyway, I’m trying to understand the part about sometimes the closer to zero means death is near and sometimes the closer to 100 means death is near. The agent said something to that effect and Nate did in his wrap up tonight. I can’t say I followed either one of them very well on this.

But I think one - perhaps the number closer to 100 - is supposed to reference the person’s spirit’s desire to depart this life - to die. And the number closer to 0 is supposed to reference how much life the body has left in it.

Do I have that right? Or even close?

And if that is accurate, did one have to go to 100 on the scale of the spirit’s desire to depart this life before the countdown to 0 life left in the body began?

Or if the person was already dark or possessed by another spirit did that mean they had already reached 100 on that scale because their spirit was supposed to be imprisoned and waiting to get out?

I know you all hate me for being a skeptic until now. Today's texts were the evidence I needed. I now think she is guilty B.A.R.D. of at least conspiracy. I'm not sure she actually killed anyone but it really does not matter.

What really gets me is that they genuinely thought they could get away with it. I'm not really sure what to think about who the instigator was or how much planning was involved.

Today's texts make me think the following:

Lori got obsessed with Chad from reading his books, pre 2018

Lori meets him in October 2018 and turns on the charm, maybe not even thinking of romance.

Chad has a hot chick interested in him and turns on the religious seduction.

Very quickly, within 2 weeks, they have some kind of strong attraction. By January she is sending him dancing videos. I think we have 2 people in unhappy marriages who found a path out.

Lori starts taking exit steps in Feb 2019. Chad is too chicken and takes everything as fantasy.

When Charles is killed Chad is stuck. She did her part, now he has to do his and I'm sure she keeps reminding him of this.

It no longer matters who manipulated whom. They are in this together.

I kind of hope she gets life without parole just so she can hear the news of Chad's execution.

Does that make me dark?

Hi Kona, firstly noone here hates you, we're reasonable people who believe that everyone has a right to their own opinion. A thought from me: if Chad and Lori were unhappy in their marriages I don't think it was through any fault in their spouses, who by all accounts were good people and loving spouses. But being unhappy in a marriage does not excuse murder, ever. And even worse, they seemed to enjoy it. They really do deserve each other. And no you're not dark, you're human!

I know you all hate me for being a skeptic until now. Today's texts were the evidence I needed. I now think she is guilty B.A.R.D. of at least conspiracy. I'm not sure she actually killed anyone but it really does not matter.

What really gets me is that they genuinely thought they could get away with it. I'm not really sure what to think about who the instigator was or how much planning was involved.

Lori meets him in October 2018 and turns on the charm, maybe not even thinking of romance.

Very quickly, within 2 weeks, they have some kind of strong attraction. By January she is sending him dancing videos. I think we have 2 people in unhappy marriages who found a path out.

Lori starts taking exit steps in Feb 2019. Chad is too chicken and takes everything as fantasy.

When Charles is killed Chad is stuck. She did her part, now he has to do his and I'm sure she keeps reminding him of this.

I kind of hope she gets life without parole just so she can hear the news of Chad's execution.

Does that make me dark?
I think you are right in that to Chad, it was all fantasy - until Charles was killed. I think two things happened - 1. how great he must have felt that someone was willing to kill to be with him and 2. I am wondering whether he was starting to get cold feet? There was a prticular message string in July (I think), where he tried to put Lori back into the same holding pattern and she pushed back. IMO, this was the deciding factor for Chad he coudn't bear the thought of not being with Lori.

Does that make me dark?

Kona - no one hates a skeptic. I'm going to take your thought in a slightly different direction.
I think, after reading the books, Lori became not obsessed with Chad himself (because he is NOT her type) but rather with how his little fantasy world could be her path to goddesshood. Like she has used everyone in her life - she used him. He is guilty - make no mistake. But I suspect without Lori's entrance into fantasy land, Tammy is still alive and Chad is toiling away at whatever part-time cemetary job he manages to hold.

The texts are really awful, deranged and disgusting. There seems no doubt now about Lori's involvement in the murders. I go back and forth about who was manipulating whom. I think there would have been more deaths if they weren't stopped.

SPEAKERS AT THE TRIAL (UPDATED THROUGH 8 MAY 2023)

LINDSEY BLAKE: STATE ATTNY (summary 1, audio Apr10)
Opening statements - "The defendant used money, power, and sex to get what she wanted. It didn't matter what it was."

JAMES ARCHIBALD: DEFENSE ATTNY (summary 1, audio Apr10)
Opening statements - "The evidence will show Lori was a kind and loving mother."

1- KAY WOODCOCK: STATE WITNESS, grandmother of JJ (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr10)
CV's life insurance (Feb 2019), JJ's disappearance (Aug 2019), wedding items on CV's Amazon account (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that KW asked LVD to raise JJ

2- BRANDON BOUDREAUX: STATE WITNESS, ex-husb of LVD’s niece (summary 1, audio Apr10)
LE's initial involvement; attempted shooting from Jeep (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: questions why MP thought BB was gay, questions BB’s observations of shooting

3 - RAY HERMOSILLO: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, audio Apr11, Apr12)
Jeep surveillance, welfare check & search warrants (Nov 2019), discovery of JJ & TR bodies (Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: questions whose weapons were in garage, establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

4 - JARED WILLMORE: STATE WITNESS, Madison Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr12)
CD & LVD prison phone call as bodies were discovered (Jun 2020)

--CD & LVD's AFFAIR (OCT 2018-OCT 2019)--

5 - JOE POWELL
: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr12)
surveillance on CD & LVD (Nov 2019), exhumation of TD's body (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

6 - MELANIE GIBB: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, audio Apr13) OBJ
CD & LVD's initial meeting (Oct 2018), CD & LVD's shared beliefs & affair; CD & LVD's phone call with MG (Dec 2019), MG & DW's visit to LVD's on last day JJ was seen (22 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, emphasizes all LVD did for her children

7 - NATHAN DUNCAN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr13, Apr14)
shooting of CV (Jul 2019), CD's call to mortuary (Jul 2019), CD's blessing to AC (Jun 2019), "CV"'s email to CD & CV's emails to TD (Jun 2019), texts from CV to LVD (Jul 2019), texts between CD & LVD about CV's insurance (Jul 2019), AC's "2manykids" text to LVD (Sep 2019)

8 - ZULEMA PASTENES: STATE WITNESS, wife of AC (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr14, Apr18)
CD & LVD's initial meeting (Oct 2018), CD & LVD's shared beliefs & affair; "Idiot can't do anything right by himself" on night TD was shot at (Oct 2019), "I think I'm being their fall guy" (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs

9 - COLBY RYAN: STATE WITNESS, son of LVD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr18)
financial issues; prison phone call between CR & LVD (Jul? 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, emphasizes all LVD did for her children

---CV's DEATH (JUL 2019)---

10 - MIKE SAARI
: STATE WITNESS, Social Security Administration (summary 1, audio Apr18)
social security payments

11 - CHUCK KUNSAITIS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr18, Apr19)
bank statements, prescriptions, flights

12 - MIKE DOUGLASS: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, audio Apr19)
timelines of financials

13 - SCOTT COWDEN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler FD paramedic (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
AC did not provide CPR to CV after shooting (11 Jul 2019)

14 - AIREL WERTHER: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
following up with LVD after CV's death (11 Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC called 911, establishes that JJ & TR were both with LVD day of shooting

15 - SANDRA YNCLAN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
interviewed LVD & TD after CV's death (11 Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC was not arrested after CV’s death

16 - APRIL RAYMOND: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, audio Apr19)
*exclusionary issue - listened to Jason Lum’s interview with a cousin of LVD
LVD & TR's stay in HI, LVD was "done with JJ" (Feb 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs

17 - NATHAN MOFFATT: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD (summary 1, audio Apr20) OBJ
CV’s death & inconsistencies in interviews (11 Jul 2019)

---MOVE TO REXBURG (SEP 2019)---

18 - SYDNEY WOODBURY SCHENK
: STATE WITNESS, JJ’s babysitter (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Babysitting JJ (18-19 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought she would be babysitting JJ long-term

19 - JOSH WILSON: STATE WITNESS, Kennedy Elementary Principal (summary 1, audio Apr20)
JJ’s school attendance in Rexburg (3-20 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought JJ would be attending school there long-term

20 - WYNN HILL: STATE WITNESS, BYU-I Dean (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TR never applied or enrolled at BYU-I

---JJ & TYLEE'S DEATHS (SEP 2019)---

21 - DAVID WARWICK
: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD & husband of MG (summary 1, audio Apr20)
*exclusionary issue - listened to 45m of wife MG’s testimony OBJ
Introduced to LVD by MG in AZ (Aug 2019), visit to LVD’s in Rexburg (20-23 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs/visions

22 - BRUCE MATTINGLY: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Seized electronic evidence from Daybell home (Jan 2020)

23 - BENJAMIN DEAN: STATE WITNESS, FBI analyst (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TD’s cell phone data, including raccoon text (9 Sep 2019)

24 - DAVE STUBBS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr20, audio Apr24)
Travel records, email, Fitbit, prescription, cell phones, insurance records; search for TR’s Jeep & welfare check (Nov 2019); wedding photos (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about forensic training, reiterates that only AC was at both locations on key dates

25 - NICOLE HEIDEMAN: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, audio Apr24)
CD & LVD Google searches, temple visit dates (Nov 2018-Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about search results

26 - NICK BALLANCE: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr24, Apr25)
Cell phone data location ‘pings’ (Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about FBI training, mapping cell areas

27 - SUMMER SHIFLET: STATE & DEFENSE WITNESS, LVD’s sister, representing TR (summary 1, audio Apr25)
STATE: LVD told her she knew where kids were and that they were safe (Feb 2020), video visit (Jun 2020)
DEFENSE: LVD’s childhood & family, LVD’s relationship with TR, LVD’s religious beliefs

--- FORENSICS EVIDENCE FROM JJ & TYLEE'S REMAINS (JUN 2020)---

28 - RICK SCHMITT
: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr25)
Yellowstone trip (8 Sep 2019), storage unit footage (Oct 2019), discovery of bodies (9 Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks how they know “C.Quint” at shooting club was AC

29 - STEVE DANIELS: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics (summary 1, audio Apr25)
Excavation of TR & JJ’s remains (9 Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials

30 - DR GARTH WARREN: STATE WITNESS, forensic pathologist (summary 1, audio Apr26)
JJ’s autopsy: cause of death as asphyxia by plastic bag & duct tape (11 Jun 2020), TR’s autopsy: cause of death as homicide by unspecified means (Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, how they determined cause of death

31 - DR ANGI CHRISTENSEN: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics anthropologist (summary 1, 2, audio Apr26, Apr27)
Examination of TR’s bones (Aug-Sep 2020)

32 - DOUGLAS HALEPASKA: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics examiner in firearms & tool marks division (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Examination of TR’s bones - signs of stabbing & chopping injuries on pelvis bone (Feb-Oct 2021)

33 - DAVID SINCERBEAUX: STATE WITNESS, ID State PD, analytical chemist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Fire debris analysis - gasoline present with remains
X-EXAM: asks about contents tested

34 - RYLENE NOWLIN: STATE WITNESS, ID State PD, forensics lab (summary 1, audio Apr27)
DNA analysis to determine JJ & Tylee’s parentage

35 - KATHERINE DACE: STATE WITNESS, forensic biologist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Analysis of blood stains; Tylee’s DNA on shovel & pick ax from CD’s shed (Apr 2021)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, where hair was found (on tape)

36 - TARA MARTINEZ: STATE WITNESS, forensic scientist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Latent prints on black plastic bag match AC

*11 - CHUCK KUNSAITIS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 3, audio Apr27)
Satellite imagery of Daybell residence (Aug-Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about smoke or fire on satellite images

---TAMMY'S DEATH (OCT 2019)---

37 - SAMANTHA GWILLIAM
: STATE WITNESS, TD’s sister (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Events leading up to TD’s death, learning of TD’s death from CD (Oct 2019), learning of CD & LVD’s marriage - “There’s no children and they were going to be empty nesters.” (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about TD’s obituary stating she “died peacefully in her sleep” (per CD); CD’s near-death experiences, books, and work as sexton

38 - COLTER CANNON: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff deputy (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD’s “paintball incident” (9 Oct 2019)

39 - HELENA KAAIAKAMANU: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff dispatch (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 calls from TD’s “paintball incident” (9 Oct 2019)

40 - CHRISTINA WEST: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff dispatch (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 call from TD’s death (19 Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks if CD asked for coroner or ambulance (unclear)

41 - ALYSSA GREENHALGH: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 response to TD’s death (19 Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about why CD didn’t call 911 right away; whether TD would have been alive when she fell out of bed (yes); whether CPR was performed (no)

42 - CAMMY WILLMORE: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co EMT (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 response to TD’s death - TD has been dead for hours, pink foam (19 Oct 2019)

43 - BRENDA DYE: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co EMT, coroner (summary 1, 2, audio Apr28)
911 response to TD’s death (19 Oct 2019); UT medical examiner cause of death: asphyxiation/homicide
X-EXAM: asks about changing death cert.

44 - SPENCER COOK: STATE WITNESS, Sugar Salem School District technology director (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD’s emails - CV’s address was blocked

45 - KELSEY HARRIS: STATE WITNESS, TD’s coworker and clogging instructor and (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD able to keep up with cardio workouts

46 - SHANNA MILLER: STATE WITNESS, TD’s coworker and workout buddy (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD able to keep up with cardio workouts; TD did not appear sick on the day prior to her death

[---FORENSIC EVIDENCE FROM JJ’s REMAINS---]
47 - KEELEY COLEMAN: STATE WITNESS, DNA analyst (summary 1, audio May1)
LVD’s hair on duct tape from outside of plastic bag wrapped around JJ (May 2022)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, testing procedures

48 - RICKY WRIGHT: STATE WITNESS, FBI special investigator (summary 1, 2, audio May1 pt2)
Yellowstone trip device data & photos, AC’s location at times of murders (Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about determination of pattern, points out that it is AC’s actions not LVD’s

49 - DR ERIK CHRISTENSEN: STATE WITNESS, forensic pathologist (summary 1, audio May1)
Exhumation & autopsy of TD, cause of death asphyxiation, homicide - bruises on arms and chest around time of death (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, asks if TD could have had seizure (possible, but unlikely)

50 - BRUCE MATTINGLY: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff detective (summary 1, audio May2)
TD medical records, Fitbit - show she was very active & healthy; life insur policies total payout $130k
X-EXAM: reiterates that LVD was in HI when TD died, life insur policy in place for years

51 - ALICE GILBERT: STATE WITNESS, TD’s neighbor and fellow [church] ward member (summary 1, 2, audio May2)
CD & TD’s relationship, TD’s death and funeral, CD & LVD’s quick courtship (Oct-Nov 2019), CD predicting TD’s death (Feb 2019), CD asking to live with them & ask for bond after LVD arrested (Feb 2020)
X-EXAM: questions how she knew Melanie Gibb, what she knew about CD’s books, religious beliefs, Preparing a People

52 - TODD GILBERT: STATE WITNESS, TD’s neighbor and fellow [church] ward member (summary 1, 2, audio May2)
TD’s death and funeral, CD & LVD’s quick courtship (Oct-Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, Preparing a People, Gibb/Mow/Vallow/Thor podcast (audio)

53 - AUDREY BARATTIERO: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, audio May3)
LVD’s religious beliefs, removing “negative spirit” from CV (summer 2019), TD’s death and visit to ID for funeral (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, Preparing a People
REDIRECT: LVD threatened to kill AB (Oct 2019)

54 - VINCE KAAIAKAMANU: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff detective (summary 1, audio May3)
TD email to son Mark abt paintball incident (13 Oct 2019), AC’s google searches & geolocation (Oct 2019), AC’s guns
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, follow-up on paintball incident, Google searches

—CD & LVD EVADING LE (NOV/DEC 2019) —

55 - IAN PAWLOWSKI: STATE WITNESS, husband of LVD’s niece (summary 1, audio May3)
*exclusionary issue: spoke with Melani, who violated exclusionary issue
Meeting LVD & CD (Nov 2019), contacting Rexburg PD (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: recordings of convos w LVD & CD, LVD & CD predicting a “spiritual attack” day of AC’s death

56 - TAYLOR BALLARD: STATE WITNESS, Ballard Insurance Group (summary 1, 2, audio May4)
CD’s health insurance policy plans after TD’s death & marriage to LVD (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: CD income w/o TD = $20k

57 - ANGELA YANCEY: STATE WITNESS, Salem Sugar School District admin (summary 1, audio May4)
Change to TD’s life insurance policy (Sep 2019) & CD filing claim (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: history of TD’s life insur policy

58 - COLLIN NESBIT: STATE WITNESS, Kauai PD (summary 1, 2, audio May4)
Serving legal documents to LVD in HI - w bodycam (Jan 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about collecting trace evidence

59 - RYAN PILLAR: STATE WITNESS, Gilbert PD (summary 1, audio May4) - OBJ
Brandon B shooting investigation, life insurance policy - gunshot residue in back of Jeep (2 Oct 2019)

60 - DOUG HART: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, audio May5, audio May8pt1 pt2)
*exclusionary issue: involvement with witnesses during pre-trial prep
Finding graves at CD’s (Jun 2020), LVD’s iCloud data (Oct 2018-Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about patriarchal blessing, points out videos & texts that show LVD being a ‘good mother’

What makes my head spin is how much buy-in Lori seemed to genuinely have regarding the whole fantasy world Chad had created.

These are conversations just between the two of them, with no audience other than Chad, and she is asking over and over about the readings he is getting, and about the process, and so on. She is waiting, even if impatiently. She DEPENDS ON those readings he claims to have. She is aligning her actions and expectations to them. There don't seem to be any actions of her own she is designing, but rather everything in her life is revolving around the absurd things Chad is claiming to know.

Was she just playing to his ego? I'm not sure that's it. Instead, maybe she really believed in the whole idea of evil spirits and zombies replacing people and light/dark revelations and so on. And especially in her destiny to be a goddess, and a person with a world-changing mission. Her actions sure did align with her words. It sounds like she may have really believed in the idea of real people gradually being replaced by evil spirits, until nothing was left of the real person. And Chad's supposed readings were presented as "revelations" so to the true believer (her?), they would have been reliable and authoritative.

If that's how it was, how could she ever possibly be so gullible? Personally I buy the idea that power is an incredible aphrodisiac. The whole "Chad Revelations World" was painted to her as her pathway to being a goddess and a person of eternal importance in the history of the world. Once offered, the desire may have been so overwhelming that her ego was going to keep her pursuing, no matter where it went.

Who made LV & CD the keepers of everyone's dark (death) score? Why did they think they were the chosen ones that got to determine whether somebody lived or died? How come it was only people in their circle specifically ones where they stood to gain something from the death? How come nobody else in their inner circle had a lightbulb moment and thought things had gone awry?

Just an FYI!
Usually I start copy/pasting the summary tweets about 6pm my time - and since it is Taco Tuesday here - I will be going out for dinner! So will be late in posting them.... :)
It's breakfast time where I am but I could do tacos. Thank you for posting the tweet summaries. Very appreciated. Have a margarita for me.

I think you are right in that to Chad, it was all fantasy - until Charles was killed. I think two things happened - 1. how great he must have felt that someone was willing to kill to be with him and 2. I am wondering whether he was starting to get cold feet? There was a prticular message string in July (I think), where he tried to put Lori back into the same holding pattern and she pushed back. IMO, this was the deciding factor for Chad he coudn't bear the thought of not being with Lori.
Totally agree. I think Lori was sick and tired of being the other woman, so she pushed Chad away, knowing (hoping) he’d leave Tammy. Whether or not Lori wanted Tammy to die, I don’t know. But Lori was definitely manipulating Chad. And notice it wasn’t much longer before Tammy was a 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal