GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the LDS church ever intended to free LVD. To me it seems their only interest in the case has been to distance their organization and avoid having their 'deep' or historically disputed doctrines (blood atonement, polygamist Jesus, multiple mortal probations/"one eternal round," the goddess Heavenly Mother, Satan's physicality, the power of prayer circles) and their lack of 'discernment' in this matter put on display and under a microscope for the whole world to pick apart.

I do believe that they were influential in several ways:
- The decision NOT to have cameras in the courtroom (to make it less public)
- Church members who potentially would have testified except that the church encouraged them not to
- Downplaying the church's involvement in Preparing a People
- Intentionally steering witnesses away from discussing more 'mainstream' LDS doctrine (the necessity of eternal marriage, temple ordinances, end-of-days topics, etc) or CD & LVD's involvement in the church

IMO. MOO.
I'm wondering which witness could have testified but didn't because the Church advised them not to. Several Chad's followers testified, including some regular churchgoers from Rexburg.

How long have they been deliberating? The jury in the Leticia Stauch trial deliberated for more than 7 hours, and it was also pretty obvious. I believe they are doing their due diligence, which takes some time.
I just turned on CourtTV on my tv and their clock says deliberations have been going for 6 hours, 3 minutes now.

Re: motive to kill Zulema or Alex.
They both knew a lot. I would suspect the motive would have been money since they had a quick marriage. Did Alex have an insurance policy? I feel like the marriage was set up by Chad & Lori.
Alex took ZP's last name so at least partially they married so he would be more difficult to track down by the authorities. They were also asking MBP and IP to move into another jurisdiction.

I'm wondering which witness could have testified but didn't because the Church advised them not to. Several Chad's followers testified, including some regular churchgoers from Rexburg.

Jason Mow could be one. The Bishop in Arizona, who was trying to be friends with Lori and Charles. (but I remember thinking this Bishop really disserved Charles)
There were probably many people in the Temples of Arizona and Idaho that knew them pretty well.... At first I thought the Defense was going to string in a few of them to make the claims of what a good mother Lori was. ( i have just always believed her to be manipulative and fakey-face.

(I have this little wish that one of the first two husbands will come out of the woodwork, when this is all over!!)

How many of us are distracted at work today? I brought my laptop so I can monitor the various twitter pages, this site, the courthouse page and YouTube without having to click over from work. So it's sitting next to my work computer all day and luckily I have a super light day because there's very little work wise getting done! Come on, jurors!

Yeah. What are we at now? 6 hours and 20 minutes. Hmm. The jurors will probably have lunch soon.

Jason Mow could be one. The Bishop in Arizona, who was trying to be friends with Lori and Charles. (but I remember thinking this Bishop really disserved Charles)
There were probably many people in the Temples of Arizona and Idaho that knew them pretty well.... At first I thought the Defense was going to string in a few of them to make the claims of what a good mother Lori was. ( i have just always believed her to be manipulative and fakey-face.

(I have this little wish that one of the first two husbands will come out of the woodwork, when this is all over!!)
IMO JM knew far less than ZP, AB or MG, so his testimony would not offer anything new (his interview with LE didn't either). He was not present for the castings. The Arizona bishop might testify at Lori's Arizona trial.

How long have they been deliberating? The jury in the Leticia Stauch trial deliberated for more than 7 hours, and it was also pretty obvious. I believe they are doing their due diligence, which takes some time.
I agree. Honestly, if I was on that jury, I'd be taking my time, too. I think it does show they are doing their due diligence, but it's easy for me to sit here and say, "What is taking so long on something SO obvious?!" when I'm not in that room working with 11 other people to come to a unanimous consensus on several different charges. Kudos to all 18 jurors who showed up every day and sat through some absolutely horrific evidence, and are now tasked with determining the future of another human being (charge by charge).

I agree. Honestly, if I was on that jury, I'd be taking my time, too. I think it does show they are doing their due diligence, but it's easy for me to sit here and say, "What is taking so long on something SO obvious?!" when I'm not in that room working with 11 other people to come to a unanimous consensus on several different charges. Kudos to all 18 jurors who showed up every day and sat through some absolutely horrific evidence, and are now tasked with determining the future of another human being (charge by charge).

The responsibility to judge someone guilty of charges that will take away their freedom for life is a heavy one. It's good to be very thorough. I'm so ready for "guilty" though!

I shall go ahead & post this even if the day is not over yet...

Summary of tweets for Friday, May 12th - Day 23

Jury deliberations started approx. 2:15pm to 7pm (15 min lunch) ~5 hours on 5/11/23.

Jury continues deliberations @ 9am. / Part 1

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
41m
A line began forming at 4 am to get into the courtroom. We could get a verdict today in the Lori Vallow Daybell trial.

line.jpg

Waiting in line to get into the courtroom. Around 50 people in line. Courtroom holds around 130 people total. Victims will have reserved seating, everything else open to public on first come, first served basis.

Larry Woodcock just walked by. “Today is the day,” he said.

Larry’s playing “The Party’s Over” in his iPad as we want to go into the courtroom. He’s singing some of the lyrics.

His T-shirt says “World’s Greatest Papa.”

The public seating area in the courtroom is nearly full. Lori's attorneys are here. Prosecutors Rob Wood and Rachel Smith are too.

Kay Woodcock is wearing a blue and purple dress with a blue and purple necklace - JJ and Tylee's colors.

The jury received the case around 2:15 p.m. yesterday. They took a 15-20 minute dinner break before going home by 7 p.m. They began deliberating this morning at 9 a.m.

Judge Boyce has approved a request to have one still photographer in the courtroom when the verdict is read. AP will coordinate the pool camera so we will have photos.

Here are some photos my colleague @HINESight_2020
took outside the courthouse to give you an idea of the media scene.

Cameras1.jpg Cameras2.jpg

A live video feed from the courtroom cameras will still be provided as the verdict is read - plus we will get photos from the still photographer.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

posted an hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members