Identified! ID - Grangeville, WhtMale UP7538, 35-55, Red/Blond Hair, Wire Glasses, Sep'84 - Roger Brian Bennett

Rest in peace, Roger Bennett.
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 3.19.31 PM.png
168f00c8-267e-48a5-846d-71c3fe22f831-jpeg.222753

Just read about this case today, for the first time. Glad they finally identified the remains, though it's unfortunate that it's taken this long. Hopefully this will provide some closure for RBB's family/loved ones.

From reading the article(s) about this case, I don't think foul play was involved here - but of course there's no way to know for sure. I suspect RBB went camping alone - possibly on his way to look for work in Louisiana. He was relatively young, but I guess it's possible he had a heart attack/stroke. Or, maybe he had an accident of some sort that incapacitated him - and, with no one there to help him, may have succumbed to his injuries. If not those possibilities, it's also plausible that he was the victim of an animal attack?!

I’m curious—mainly as it affects the way we interpret other missing cases—as to why the estimated age was so far off. The first estimate was 40-45, and then the later one was still 35 to 55. I wonder what made them think he was so much older than he was.

The hair colour was way off, too. He had dark brown hair in life, which - well, given the distance between his disappearance and location and the jaw discrepancy (did they by any chance not find his lower jaw and just guess at his jawline, and not tell anyone?) I suppose it didn’t make much of a difference. The got the top of the face right but I would never have made the connection between the sketch and the deceased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back