Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just surprised. It’s usually the defense trying to keep cameras out, not the prosecutor. So I was surprised the prosecutor made the request initially. Scott Reisch said in one of his videos that the prosecutor did it to preserve the record since MM was in a bit over of his head and nobody wants LVD to walk on appeal for ineffective assistance of counsel. That made sense to me. I don’t know much about John Prior (CD attorney) but I was surprised at his response. Seems he wants some spotlight. Anywho I hope they do allow us to watch the preliminary!!

John Prior has an interesting history. Where MM is in over his head Prior has some priors. Look into it you will be surprised.

In Caylee Anthony's case they pick the jury from Pinellas County and brought them to Orlando. They were sequestered during the trial.

It makes sense to bring the jury chosen from out of county in for a trial than to have judge, defense team/prosecutors plus witnesses going to a different county. Daily. If a change of venue is asked for and granted. jmo

In Caylee Anthony's case they pick the jury from Pinellas County and brought them to Orlando. They were sequestered during the trial.

It makes sense to bring the jury chosen from out of county in for a trial than to have judge, defense team/prosecutors plus witnesses going to a different county. Daily. If a change of venue is asked for and granted. jmo

MOO That will never happen again. @gitana1 can explain better, but that was a fiasco that legal folks may teach as to what not to do ever again for a trial. Bringing in folks from out of town and sequestering them is like putting them in prison. No contact with family except limited on weekends, all calls were monitored, movement and interaction was limited even between the jurors. And they will rebel and affect the deliberations. Nope, not gonna ever happen to bring in a jury. MOO

MOO That will never happen again. @gitana1 can explain better, but that was a fiasco that legal folks may teach as to what not to do ever again for a trial. Bringing in folks from out of town and sequestering them is like putting them in prison. No contact with family except limited on weekends, all calls were monitored, movement and interaction was limited even between the jurors. And they will rebel and affect the deliberations. Nope, not gonna ever happen to bring in a jury. MOO

The state I'm living has used the technique.

Back in the '90's, a trial was moved to a county because there was a bed-and-breakfast large enough to hold the entire jury.

Before the Internet, and this bnb had NO cable TV -- a specialized satellite system with no news channels for a quite retreat!

I just missed going to another county for a murder trial. My next door neighbor went! The court was taking 12 jurors & 4 alternates. The jury pool went from 500 to 46 & I was still in the courtroom, sweating a 2 week trip with no TV at all. The court let her talk to me after the jury was seated, with one attorney from each side there -- already knew the school schedule but not some other details. Part way through the week, my hubby realized what kind of bullet he dodged!

Some feel it motivates jurors to reach a decision quickly.

Important that there are no errors and no basis for appeal with this group.

JMHO YMMV LRR

And it should not happen again! Nightmare to take jurors from their home and then lock them down. If they move the trial let the attorneys go with the case but don’t move the jurors or sequester them ever.
A child murderer is walking around free in FL because of that.

Totally off topic, but has anyone noticed hurricane Douglas is hitting Maui and Kauai. News reported Hawaii hasn’t been hit with a hurricane of this magnitude since the fifties.
Douglas is relatively mild, wind gusts not bad and it’s expected to weaken. I think it was two years ago when one skirted the islands but was much stronger than Douglas. You can see updates at weather.com

I grew up in east Texas on the gulf coast. Been through a few violent hurricanes.

A lot of pages to catch up on! Just wanted to post thank you for the kind words and thoughts from everyone. Things have rolled back here again due to increased cases. This is rough.
But grateful for your company, insights, and good reading here tonight. Catching up.

@Redvines86 - you asked for the time counter in the video - it didn't go down exactly as I remembered but still stood out to me that she she was not comfy w/what was being said about her and her "dead children".
At the counter (start at -8:37 you will see her look to MM at approx. -8:15) for help (IMO) to respond to the charges that RW is lining out.
I’m late in the game as haven’t checked in for a week. Trying to get things together in this pandemic. But I am just watching this and imo there is soooo much going on here. Starting with her leaning to her attorney at the jump when the judge gives her website to view the proceedings.
I’m so late on this. So forgive me for posting some observations.

And also just adding... this case just breaks my heart. The case makes me cry.
Just watching that video. I don’t have children, and these were her children. I would be sobbing in grief every day. I would be inconsolable.
If I were innocent. Appalled and jmo.

@Redvines86 - you asked for the time counter in the video - it didn't go down exactly as I remembered but still stood out to me that she she was not comfy w/what was being said about her and her "dead children".
At the counter (start at -8:37 you will see her look to MM at approx. -8:15) for help (IMO) to respond to the charges that RW is lining out.
There is so much in this video! So much body language. The way the judge pushes up her glasses when defense says there are no crimes of a violent nature. Christ

Can someone please link me to the original video? I can’t quote times in the video by responding.
Sorry I’m a pain in the *advertiser censored* lol

It actually is legal and could very well happen again.

@Campizi67 - I will attempt to answer some of your questions. It was CV that purchased the Jeep while he was still alive but TR did claim to drive it from TX to AZ - I am not sure if she was alone during the drive or not.

Emancipation is really a legal term that is quite a difficult process for juveniles to endure. In my State, the teen must prove they are 1) going to school full time, 2) working part time, 3) able to pay for their rent/food/electricity/everything by themselves on their own. If they prove they can sustain this and accomplish all on their own they can petition the court to emancipate them from their parent. It would not be in LVD's benefit if her child emancipates from her as the child is saying they're not being cared for/supported by the parent and the teen can do a better job for themselves than their parent has done for them and are asking the court to treat them as if they were an adult before turning 18.

TR would have been eligible for Social Security survivor benefits of JR (as would have JJ under CV's wages). I guess LVD decided she wanted the big insurance payouts instead of small monthly sums.

JMO

Thank you. I appreciate your detailed response and clarification on some things I was confused about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22