Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
t
i know what you are saying and looking at....if the courtroom is not like it was yesterday the person may be having a hard time breathing. To try and keep within the rules he has it on but below the nose to breathe easier. Or he may have a real reason not to wear it correctly.

I think the Judge might say something if it bothers the judge.
The lady behind the prosecution is the same

Good summary from the prosecution

The nub of the case is that that bodies are found on the property, and we know approximately when each child was concealed

After that date, Chad engages is conduct which is clearly part of a conspiracy to defeat inquiries by law enforcement, and seek assistance from MG

this is why the detective body cams, and MG recorded call are so critical.

The defence attorney's close was weak IMO - no decent legal arguments raised

I like this judge. Very much. Is he the one who will hear Loris case Monday?

Prior I’d only doing his job and he seemed to fight harder for his client than Wood did for JJ and Tylee.

I don’t mean to be harsh but I’m hoping another DA can handle the cases against CD and LD.

I think I must not be watching the same trial. I don't understand the comments about the lawyers. This isn't like a courtroom drama on TV. These lawyers both appear competent and to be doing their jobs to the best of their ability. How is criticizing them here helping at all?

EDIT- I hope by the time this likely goes to trial Wood and the State will have practiced their public speaking a bit more. He seemed to trip over himself many times throughout this. I wonder if he just doesn’t have a ton of trial experience.

I'm getting an HHJP vibe here. The way the judge was looking at the prosecutor prior to the break, it wasn't a good look.

To be honest, I thought they would have more than what we have seen in the prelim.

Moo

Not too impressed with Wood.
What is HHJP? It would be helpful not to use initials. I agree with the rest though.

Wow RW is struggling with his closing IMO

JMO
Yeah, I have to admit that was a pretty poor closing statement in many ways. He was not confident in his speaking and it was frankly poorly done. Where is Juan Martinez when you need him.

Both these lawyers need much better public speaking skills and better organization.

This case at this point is a prime example of how your lawyer is so so so important. No matter if you are guilty or not, you can win or lose a case based on how well your lawyer does for you. Your guilt or no-guilt may not even matter in some cases if your lawyer stinks.

I hope its enough to be bound over for trial today. We will know shortly.

Is there a transcript of what CD said on the December 8th MG/LVD phone call regarding Tammy’s death?

I listened to the phone call with earphones last night and thought CD said that EMS were there just 20 minutes after Tammy died?

Didn’t CD say originally in his public post shortly after Tammy’s death that he awoke hours later to find that she had passed away in her sleep?
TIA

JMO
I don't know whether anyone has answered, but I believe Chad sais 'Kids' not EMS

I’m sorry but Wood is painful to hear. I shudder to think he’d be running a murder trial. I would even say they didn’t provide much proof about Chadbos involvement in the burial and certainly nothing to suggest he murdered these kids. Very circumstantial evidence. He cant escape the fact bodies were found on his property and will be found guilty of some charges. He can’t say he didn’t know, he should have known. Murder is a long long way off though considering the evidence we’ve seen to date.

So Prior's argument is what? That someone else could have sneaked onto the Daybell property sometime on those days and buried the bodies without Chad's knowledge?

That is my feeling in terms of the preliminary hearing

The bodies are on his property, and he engaged in conduct which is indicative of a conspiracy to conceal the crime

The two things together are enough for trial

I think I must not be watching the same trial. I don't understand the comments about the lawyers. This isn't like a courtroom drama on TV. These lawyers both appear competent and to be doing their jobs to the best of their ability. How is criticizing them here helping at all?
A critique is very helpful if they read it. And I don’t watch tv, so there’s that. I guess their ability doesn’t rise to the standard I have witnessed before. JMO.

I like this judge. Very much. Is he the one who will hear Loris case Monday?

Prior I’d only doing his job and he seemed to fight harder for his client than Wood did for JJ and Tylee.

I don’t mean to be harsh but I’m hoping another DA can handle the cases against CD and LD.
especially if they are murder charges.

[URL='https://twitter.com/EastIDNews']East Idaho News [URL='https://twitter.com/EastIDNews']@EastIDNews [/URL][/URL]1m
Defense Attorney John Prior is now giving his closing statements. He says that there is not an overact in being married to #LoriVallow and speaking with police. He also called the text message obscure. #ChadDaybell #Prelim

East Idaho News @EastIDNews 1m
They aren't even close on the conspiracy in the case, Prior said. He wants Eddins to dismiss the charges.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 6m
Wood says JJ and Tylee were victims of homicide. Wood appears to become emotional as he reads closing argument.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 5m
Wood says this court watched Lori Vallow tell police JJ was in AZ and then in a recorded phone call w/ Melanie Gibb, Vallow admitted she did what the Lord told her to do.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 5m
Wood asks Judge Eddins to send this case to District Court as he concludes.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 4m
Prior responds by saying this is not evidence of an overt act. He says judge should dismiss the charges of conspiracy to conceal, destroy or alter evidence. Ruling will come today from Eddins.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 4m
Brief recess as Judge reviews his notes.

East Idaho News @EastIDNews 4m
Judge Faren Eddins is going to take a brief recess to review the case, and he will rule in a moment. #ChadDaybell #Prelim

Chanley Shá Painter @ChanleyCourtTV 2m
State points to Chad and Lori allegedly getting Melanie Gibb to Lie to police on the whereabouts of #jjvallow

Chanley Shá Painter @ChanleyCourtTV 4m
STATE CLOSE: Prosecutor walks judge through the timeline of evidence pointing out a conspiracy requires an agreement and overt acts... which can be implied by the conduct or inferred from circumstances

Chanley Shá Painter @ChanleyCourtTV 3m
DEFENSE CLOSE: "Marriage is not an overt act and marriage is not an Agreement to conceal or conspire...

The problem for dear Chad and dear Lori, is, we know the bodies were buried on Chad's property and the dates

So given that - why would they attempt to conceal where the kids actually were, including putting MG in the frame, if they actually did not know the kids were dead?

It is rather hard to believe they did not know they were buried at Chad's place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member