Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
...respectfully snipped for focus...

That being said, I do believe she has helped out tremendously once she decided to. And she didn’t hire an attorney (who would have insisted on an immunity deal first) and I’m glad because the fact she was offered no deal lends credibility to the fact she took a lot of risk in coming forward the way she did to do the right thing.

I completely agree that MG did make a mistake but that she quickly rectified the situation. I don't necessarily agree, however, that an attorney would have sought an immunity deal because lying to the police is usually just a misdemeanor--if that.

What the lie hurt is her credibility and that's what the defense is going to hammer. JMOO

While I think MG's fringe beliefs are odd, I do believe her heart is in the right place and that she tries to do her best.

When I listen to her, I don't sense any deception or self-preservation. I sense someone who is trying to do the right thing and someone who got caught up in the lies and deceit of others.

JMOO

During the past several months we've seen the MG interviews with EIN, Dateline, etc. We've had all this time to discuss and form opinions whether for her, against her, or impartial plus we've had the chance to see her in court and have had discussions about that.

The jury will only get to listen to her one time so the real test will be if they will believe her. That will strongly depend upon how she comes across during testimony and cross examination and also if the jury would side with her should JP get too aggressive. MG has now had one run at it in court and has a good idea on what to expect and how to react so I'm thinking she will do just fine the second time around.

Even if MG hadn't lied, it was Lori who gave the police a false lead. MG pointed back at her. IMO the police didn't trust anyone in the group, especially because both Alex and Chad lied to them that they didn't know Lori's phone number and were generally evasive. Alex also claimed initially that JJ was with Kay. I think he would have known if MG had him, though he could have explained the lie by Lori wanting to keep JJ hidden from Kay. LE knew that something was amiss. I'm not sure if they could have obtained a search warrant on the first day regardless of MG's reply. Did they get it before learning that Lori was gone?

Not to mention, JJ had been dead and buried for 2 months and Tylee almost 3 months by this time. I'm not sure what anyone thinks would have possibly happened differently in this supposed 8-10 day "delay". Nothing.

I'm not sure why, once again, there are page after page of posts demonizing a prosecution witness.

Had Chad, Lori, or Alex decided to cooperate 8-10 days in those kids wouldn't have laid in Chad's backyard until June. They are the bad ones here.

Jmo

Not to mention, JJ had been dead and buried for 2 months and Tylee almost 3 months by this time. I'm not sure what anyone thinks would have possibly happened differently in this supposed 8-10 day "delay". Nothing.

I'm not sure why, once again, there are page after page of posts demonizing a prosecution witness.

Had Chad, Lori, or Alex decided to cooperate 8-10 days in those kids wouldn't have laid in Chad's backyard until June. They are the bad ones here.

Jmo

I knew those children were dead the minute Nate asked LVD, "The whole country is worried about your children.". And LVD, just kept walking and muttered, "Great".

She was angry that people cared about Tylee and JJ.

I have in my notes that this Friday is 28 days for the defense to do something? But in my notes, I didn't write down what that something was. #1 - Anyone recall what that was referring to? #2 - Is it something that was asked for a delay and approved by the judge?

Was it the change in venue deadline, which was allowed to be extended until after the transcripts from the prelim that are due end of September by court reporter?

TIA

I find MG to be a very credible witness. I thought she handled Prior's questions quite well. She admitted to lying to LE and I can even understand her confusion during that time. She came off as being very human to me. I could see why she was conflicted, but, I thought her memory was very good. She wasn't slick and practiced like Lori, she just seemed to want to do the right thing. I'm not a lawyer, I've only done jury duty a few times, but she is a witness that I would listen to, and I would believe her.

Please add any I've forgotten.

(there are others like CV's sons who haven't played a part yet, and haven't been in the media)

AlC = Alex Cox (Lori’s brother, died 2019)
AdC = Adam Cox (Lori’s brother)
AnC = Annie Cushing (Joe Ryan’s sister)
AR = April Raymond (Lori’s friend)

BB = Brandon Boudreaux (ex-husband of MBP)
BC = Barry Cox (Lori’s father)
BD = Benjamin Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)

CD = Chad Daybell
CP = Christopher Parrett (owner of AVOW, Another Voice of Warning)
CR = Colby Ryan (Lori’s son)
CV = Charles Vallow (died 2019)

DW = David Warwick (MG’s friend)

EM = Emma Murray (Chad and Tammy Daybell’s daughter, married to Joseph)

GB = Gabe Bonilla (CV's friend/witness/Bishop)
GD = Garth Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)

HD = Heather Daybell (MtD’s wife)
HS = Hector Sosa Jr. (author, creator of internet forum Pathway to Zion; PTZ)

IP = Ian Pawlowski (husband of MBP)

JC = Janis Cox (Lori’s mother)
JD = Jack Daybell (Chad’s father)
JG = Jason Gwilliam (Tammy Daybell’s sister-SG’s husband)
JJ or JV = Joshua Jaxson Vallow
JM = Jason Mow, aka Richard J Mow (ex-police, friend)
JoR or JR = Joseph Ryan aka Joe (Lori’s 3rd husband, died 2018)
JuR = Julie Rowe (Chad’s friend)

KR = Kelsee Ryan (CR’s wife)
KW = Kay Woodcock (JJ’s paternal grandmother)

LM = Leah Murphy (Chad and Tammy Daybell’s daughter, married to Adam)
LVD = Lori Vallow Daybell (nee Cox)
LW = Larry Woodcock (JJ’s grandfather, husband of Kay)

MBP = Melani Boudreaux Pawlowski (Lori’s niece, nee Cope. aka MB pre-marriage to IP)
MkD = Mark Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)
MwD = Matthew Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)
MtD = Matt Daybell (Chad’s brother)
MiD = Michael Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)
MG = Melanie Gibb (Lori’s friend)

NP = Natalie Pawlowski (ex-wife of IP)

PD = Paul Daybell (Chad’s brother)
PhD = Phyllis Douglas nee Cooper (Tammy Daybell’s mother)

RD = Ron(ald) Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s father)

SD = Seth Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)
SG = Samantha Gwilliam (Tammy Daybell’s sister, married to JG)
SLC = Stacey Lynne Cope (Lori’s sister, nee Cox, died 1998, mother of Melani; MBP)
SC = Steve Cope (MBP’s father, formerly married to SLC)
SD = Sheila Daybell (Chad’s mother)
SS = Summer Shiflet (Lori’s sister, nee Cox)

TD = Tammy (Tamara) Daybell nee Douglas (died 2019)
TR = Tylee Ryan

ZC = Zac Cox (AdC’s son)
ZP = Zulema Pastenes (AlC’s wife)

What about including her sister Stacy’s undetermined death? Would that be suspicious and part of her possible crime wave? Thank you.

I completely agree that MG did make a mistake but that she quickly rectified the situation. I don't necessarily agree, however, that an attorney would have sought an immunity deal because lying to the police is usually just a misdemeanor--if that.

What the lie hurt is her credibility and that's what the defense is going to hammer. JMOO

While I think MG's fringe beliefs are odd, I do believe her heart is in the right place and that she tries to do her best.

When I listen to her, I don't sense any deception or self-preservation. I sense someone who is trying to do the right thing and someone who got caught up in the lies and deceit of others.

JMOO

I think she is also highly embarrassed that she ever believed any of these crazy beliefs. I have been in a similar situation and it is really hard to say outloud that you were tricked, lied to, manipulated and that you fell for it. My situation has been difficult to admit to and I am not having to tell my truths to an entire country! I give her alot of slack because I watched her in the 3 EIN videos and what I saw was a woman realizing, on national television, how foolish it was to believe and follow Chad and Lori. I feel bad for her. Jmo

I'm behind a thread, but wanted to address how LVD is making calls. Companies provide old style phones on the wall, but they also kiosks which can have video or recently tablets that can make phone calls. Most jails you have to pay for the tablet, the ear buds and the phone call. The jail where I work, the phone app on the tablet won't work if earbuds aren't used and those calls are recorded as well. I'm not sure what the jail where she is housed does, but making calls from her cell doesn't mean she has a cell phone.

Edit: MOO, JMO, etc.

I'm behind a thread, but wanted to address how LVD is making calls. Companies provide old style phones on the wall, but they also kiosks which can have video or recently tablets that can make phone calls. Most jails you have to pay for the tablet, the ear buds and the phone call. The jail where I work, the phone app on the tablet won't work if earbuds aren't used and those calls are recorded as well. I'm not sure what the jail where she is housed does, but making calls from her cell doesn't mean she has a cell phone.

MicheleT, Thank you very much for the explanation of the phone, tablet and ear bud system. Can you give an estimate of how much calls and usage are for these items. I understand costs are different everywhere.

please stay safe in your line of work.....and thank you again

thanks for your personal input! I think we saw somewhere that the Idaho jail has some technology called CellMate (? Could that be right?).

thanks for your personal input! I think we saw somewhere that the Idaho jail has some technology called CellMate (? Could that be right?).

I tried for a time to search in threads, search in google etc. No luck. But yes, we had an OP who explained very well but I cannot locate.

Perhaps others have saved as it was a very good informational post. MOO

I admire anyone who can give MG the benefit of the doubt. As a juror I’d have an impossible time overlooking the fact that she lied to police during a missing children investigation. It’s a huge problem for the prosecution, along with her bizarre interviews... I’ve seen nothing so far that shows she is a trustworthy person. Maybe with more separation in time from the events, which weren’t that long ago, she might seem more genuine?

I admire anyone who can give MG the benefit of the doubt. As a juror I’d have an impossible time overlooking the fact that she lied to police during a missing children investigation. It’s a huge problem for the prosecution, along with her bizarre interviews... I’ve seen nothing so far that shows she is a trustworthy person. Maybe with more separation in time from the events, which weren’t that long ago, she might seem more genuine?
So as a juror, you would acquit CD and LV, because of your distrust of MG?

I have in my notes that this Friday is 28 days for the defense to do something? But in my notes, I didn't write down what that something was. #1 - Anyone recall what that was referring to? #2 - Is it something that was asked for a delay and approved by the judge?

Was it the change in venue deadline, which was allowed to be extended until after the transcripts from the prelim that are due end of September by court reporter?

TIA

Wasn't it to do with if the Defence were going to use a mental health issue in the trial, they had 60 days to notify the Judge? I'm probably wrong, but for some reason, that sprang to mind when reading your post.

Wasn't it to do with if the Defence were going to use a mental health issue in the trial, they had 60 days to notify the Judge? I'm probably wrong, but for some reason, that sprang to mind when reading your post.
I think that deadline was August 31, but MM responded basically saying “I’m not gonna respond to prosecution requests until I get all the discovery”. Let me track down the link. There was something else we were doing math over, but I don’t remember. It had something to do with a SR video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get