Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Lori's lawyer afraid of with his ongoing complaints about the possibility of attorney-client privacy violations in jail? Scott Reisch explained that even if any of the accidentally recorded jail conversations between Lori and MM got out, they would be inadmissible in court. Does MM fear that leaked information could be used to acquire other evidence that would be admissible? For example, she could tell him where a murder weapon is hidden and it could be retrieved. Or if she told him that there were other witnesses that could incriminate her but have not been interviewed yet. I presume that Wood only receives from jail what is legally available to him (e.g. recordings of Lori's conversations with everyone else) and not for example jail surveillance video of Lori meeting with her attorney. IMO MM's behavior shows distrust in the system that he is a part of.

Parallel construction, assuming he's that smart.

Other attorneys have called his actions anything but smart. Due to his waste of resources Lori will get a public defender even quicker. (IMO)

But Prior might be. If Prior was worried about Lori blurting something out that was inadmissible but gave LE a lead, it would be shrewd (and from what we know not atypical) for him to sucker Means into trying a Hail Mary to keep her isolated from surveillance. I would not at all be surprised to learn that there was parallel construction involved in the discovery of the bodies. IMHO, JMO, and all the rest of the O family :)

What is Lori's lawyer afraid of with his ongoing complaints about the possibility of attorney-client privacy violations in jail? Scott Reisch explained that even if any of the accidentally recorded jail conversations between Lori and MM got out, they would be inadmissible in court. Does MM fear that leaked information could be used to acquire other evidence that would be admissible? For example, she could tell him where a murder weapon is hidden and it could be retrieved. Or if she told him that there were other witnesses that could incriminate her but have not been interviewed yet. I presume that Wood only receives from jail what is legally available to him (e.g. recordings of Lori's conversations with everyone else) and not for example jail surveillance video of Lori meeting with her attorney. IMO MM's behavior shows distrust in the system that he is a part of.
It couldn’t have been that much distrust if he spendt/spends so much time at the women’s detention center.

If anyone is looking for a local update: he was there today when we drove by during my husbands lunch.

All jmo moo

Speculation...if Means is afraid of privacy violations, it might be because he’s passing notes between Chad and Lori.

Pink foam, not green. I remember this because someone here in the medical field said foaming pink from the mouth signifies an issue with the... lungs? Maybe you're thinking green on account of our (as yet unproven) malachite speculation.

Oh, that’s very possible — good catch! Apart from the color of the mouth foam involved, though, Chad gave conflicting descriptions of how his wife behaved during the night (drama!) and her peaceful look after death.

Last edited:
Tangentially related, and I think ok to discuss here, I saw elsewhere that the big defamation case Brandon had against lawyers for Melani and others was settled.....in his favor.....for a TWELVE MILLION dollar payment to him....here is what I saw from the records website. Wow...good for him....hopefully they will have learned that their actions and words and characterizations of him, his character, and his behavior was not just upsetting to him personally but it seemed to have effected his life in numerous and extensive ways.

upload_2021-2-2_18-22-45.png

Tangentially related, and I think ok to discuss here, I saw elsewhere that the big defamation case Brandon had against lawyers for Melani and others was settled.....in his favor.....for a TWELVE MILLION dollar payment to him....here is what I saw from the records website. Wow...good for him....hopefully they will have learned that their actions and words and characterizations of him, his character, and his behavior was not just upsetting to him personally but it seemed to have effected his life in numerous and extensive ways.

View attachment 282333
Wow. 12 million. Thanks for sharing!

I came across a Justin Lum post from back in May when the complaint was filed and noticed the name of Garrett Smith in the complaint (below is bolded and underlined by me). Isn't he the same guy who secretly made the recording while LV's sister and ZP were being interviewed by Rob Wood? The same guy who turned that recording over to MM that became the ammo for MM to make the motion to get RW dismissed from the LV case? Small world, isn't it?

"Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

May 6, 2020 ·

DEFAMATION LAWSUIT: Brandon Boudreaux’s attorneys have filed a complaint against his ex-wife’s lawyers Robert Jarvis, Garrett Smith, their wives (names unknown), as well as Black and White Partnerships and Corporations."

I came across a Justin Lum post from back in May when the complaint was filed and noticed the name of Garrett Smith in the complaint (below is bolded and underlined by me). Isn't he the same guy who secretly made the recording while LV's sister and ZP were being interviewed by Rob Wood? The same guy who turned that recording over to MM that became the ammo for MM to make the motion to get RW dismissed from the LV case? Small world, isn't it?

May 6, 2020 ·

DEFAMATION LAWSUIT: Brandon Boudreaux’s attorneys have filed a complaint against his ex-wife’s lawyers Robert Jarvis, Garrett Smith, their wives (names unknown), as well as Black and White Partnerships and Corporations."

that’s the same attorney, yes, but IMH (and respectful) opinion, I believe they knew the meeting was recorded. And if they didn’t....well Wood looks pretty foolish being a prosecutor meeting possible witnesses for a case he’s working on in a room at a police station thinking nothing will possibly be recorded on any audio or video of any kind. But yeah, same attorney.

that entire “motion to disqualify” brought forth all sorts of opinions from legal experts on it, and I still don’t know what to think. On one hand you have attorneys like Scott Reisch saying it’s all nonsense and that Means should be the one who is reprimanded for bringing this all to the Court. On the other hand you have some equally experienced attorneys, like Julie on CourtTV who said this type of stuff that was said and who it was said to, before they had their FIRST meeting with investigators, is taught to first year law students in their most basic classes at the start of their term. Then you had some attorneys in the middle, and even the Judge noting that remarks like Wood made, if made in front of a jury, would’ve been disqualifying immediately and likely face some sort of consequences from the Bar Association. I don’t know where I stand, not entirely; but I disagreed with Scott who keeps saying it’s all “nonsense”....if the Bar would reprimand a lawyer, and the Court would have an attorney removed from a case, if similar disparaging remarks were made about the opposing side’s attorney in front of a jury....those are some real consequences for those actions there, so I have just been struggling with this idea that it can be “nonsense” since it didn’t happen in front of a jury but if it did then the Bar would likely reprimand them & they’d be off a case. Would it still be “nonsense” then? Anywho, it’s a very interesting array of opinions on all of that, like we are also seeing with Means’ latest motion about the detention center restrictions placing major burdens on how he is needing to interact and meet with his client, some (like Scott) have said that’s normal and Means doesn’t know this because he’s a crappy lawyer...others have said (including some state Supreme Courts) that restrictions like this can be too harmful and hamper their right to have counsel and meet with counsel to prepare for trial (I highlighted this a lot in my previous posts on this thread), but I don’t want to get too far off topic, so my apologies.....

May 6, 2020 ·

IF the baseless accusations about BB originated from MBP, could her ex-lawyers now sue her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam