Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a local, I was not questioned by this survey company nor do I know anyone personally that was. I have heard there was someone going around questioning people about the case and whether they thought LVD or CD was guilty. But not sure how many people were questioned or how in depth or professional it was. I still believe there could be unbiased jurors found here. Not everyone is as tuned in to this case.

All jmo moo imo

Does anyone else think that the prosecutors are waiting for Lori and Chad to break down and accuse the other of murder? I think that is why no murder charges have been filed yet. I understand the love birds would love to blame Alex alone, but they have to know they will be charged with conspiracy to committ murder even if Alex is named the actual murderer. Those will be some serious charges too, and I can see one of them blaming the other.

Also, with Lori's current charges, is there really a reason for her attorney to be with her every day, or all day long? I've never heard an attorney spending so much time with their clients on charges that aren't really that devastating....yet.

Does anyone else think that the prosecutors are waiting for Lori and Chad to break down and accuse the other of murder? I think that is why no murder charges have been filed yet. I understand the love birds would love to blame Alex alone, but they have to know they will be charged with conspiracy to committ murder even if Alex is named the actual murderer. Those will be some serious charges too, and I can see one of them blaming the other.

Also, with Lori's current charges, is there really a reason for her attorney to be with her every day, or all day long? I've never heard an attorney spending so much time with their clients on charges that aren't really that devastating....yet.

I don't think they're waiting on that. Things may change when additional charges are added but I personally don't see either flipping at this point. In my opinion, much will have to do with CD's involvement. JP is 1000x better than MM.

I personally think the only reason further charges haven't been added is that there is zero reason to do so. They're both not going anywhere and this allows the prosecution to continue to build their case without starting that clock. This is an ideal situation if they don't have all information back. Despite it's worldwide attention, it's not the only case sitting around the FBI and I don't think they would have spent literally months in Rexburg because of emotions. They're a business and there is certainly no shortage of need for the services of the FBI. I've said it countless times but I think digital footprints and data will be huge in this case.

One thing I'm curious about is what, if any plea deals would be offered. I don't think you'd see anything as generous as what you saw with the Krystal Lee Kenney but not not knowing what the prosecution will be working with, CD or LV testimony could be pretty valuable or worthless.

So MM's "expert" still hasn't submitted his report in support of the motion for change of venue. How very professional (not). The survey in Fremont County was undertaken last August and the motions to change venue were filed in September.

jose Baez and Felon Casey Anthony spent days together.....many in his office. So yes, it happens.

It looks like there are some new filings that aren't available online yet and that the next hearing has been moved to 3/8 at 3:30:

• 03/02/2021 Motion
    Comment
    VALLOW. Motion in Limine

• 03/02/2021 Motion
    Comment
    VALLOW. Motion in Limine

• 03/02/2021 Motion
    Comment
    VALLOW. Motion to Compel

• 03/08/2021 Motion to Compel
    Judicial Officer
    Boyce (District), Steven

Hearing Time
    3:30 PM

Comment
    Motion in Limine

Details (idaho.gov)

It looks like there are some new filings that aren't available online yet and that the next hearing has been moved to 3/8 at 3:30:

• 03/02/2021 Motion
    Comment
    VALLOW. Motion in Limine

• 03/02/2021 Motion
    Comment
    VALLOW. Motion in Limine

• 03/02/2021 Motion
    Comment
    VALLOW. Motion to Compel

• 03/08/2021 Motion to Compel
    Judicial Officer
    Boyce (District), Steven

Hearing Time
    3:30 PM

Comment
    Motion in Limine

Details (idaho.gov)
Intriguing. I wonder if MM is trying to have the state's expert excluded.

She looks quite qualified from her CV - https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Expert Witness Disclosure.pdf

Agreed. Where was the investigation at the time?? Just because they were distracted by a cute blonde? Shame on those Arizona investigators. Alarm bells should have been going off by their weird behavior. "Hi Neighbors, sorry..."
Before LV and a cop returned to the house, they were all taken separately to the police station and interviewed. Tylee backed up the self-defense claim, saying she'd been very afraid CV would hit her, he was purple with rage. LV made a blizzard of claims about him being extremely belligerent and demanding, pursuing her and JJ as they were separating.

This is a scenario police see often, sometimes resulting in the female being dead. In this case, it was the male who ended up dead (and the protective brother/uncle/hero who seemingly saved the day). ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 TIMELINE ONLY - *NO DISCUSSION*

To be honest, in today's climate of concern about domestic abuse, to openly doubt the claims of the separating wife and step-daughter, would be quite difficult unless there was actual evidence that they were lying. Obviously, hindsight, 20/20, etc.

Before LV and a cop returned to the house, they were all taken separately to the police station and interviewed. Tylee backed up the self-defense claim, saying she'd been very afraid CV would hit her, he was purple with rage. LV made a blizzard of claims about him being extremely belligerent and demanding, pursuing her and JJ as they were separating.

This is a scenario police see often, sometimes resulting in the female being dead. In this case, it was the male who ended up dead (and the protective brother/uncle/hero who seemingly saved the day). ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 TIMELINE ONLY - *NO DISCUSSION*

To be honest, in today's climate of concern about domestic abuse, to openly doubt the claims of the separating wife and step-daughter, would be quite difficult unless there was actual evidence that they were lying. Obviously, hindsight, 20/20, etc.
Nonetheless, you don't just take their word for it and not investigate the death.

And, someone who is giggling and twirling their hair probably isn't being abused, nor showing any concern or grief that her husband was just violently killed.

Have you worked with battered women? If not, you would probably be surprised to know how hard many of them try to convince police that their abusers are great guys and that nothing happened please don’t arrest him and on and on. They know how likely their abuser is to punish them for doing otherwise once the cops are gone. In this case, of course, the “abuser” was either sitting on the ground nursing an alleged head trauma, giggling and twirling her hair next to her car, or dead on the floor inside — who knows? Maybe all of the above, plus the Chadster somewhere off in the wings. The more I think about this case, the more I want to scream.

Have you worked with battered women? If not, you would probably be surprised to know how hard many of them try to convince police that their abusers are great guys and that nothing happened please don’t arrest him and on and on. They know how likely their abuser is to punish them for doing otherwise once the cops are gone. In this case, of course, the “abuser” was either sitting on the ground nursing an alleged head trauma, giggling and twirling her hair next to her car, or dead on the floor inside — who knows? Maybe all of the above, plus the Chadster somewhere off in the wings. The more I think about this case, the more I want to scream.

I agree. And please don't bash me for victim blaming, but it looks like CV and LVD were in a very unhealthy, addictive relationship. CV was addicted to LVD. Even though she left him, he knew she was cheating on him, stole his money, he still seemed to be drawn to her. He was completely codependent, it seems. He craved the drama of her cruelty towards him.

I believe that CV was abused in the relationship, and it seems like Kaye felt helpless to help CV get away from LVD. People in addictive, abusive relationships never really see the whole picture. And they definitely don't believe that they are in danger. Even if CV did actions, like take his life insurance policy out of LVD's name, as a beneficiary, which means that cognitively, he understood that LVD could not be trusted. But, his addiction to her, meant he did not want to sever the connection he had.

LVD is like a black widow spider. CD was happily writing stories, going to prepper religious meetings, married to TD. I truly believe that if he had never met LVD, TD would still be alive.

No, they claimed that the dead victim Charles was the abuser. That's not a situation that an abuse victim would normally be giggling and twirling her hair. She wasn't begging for them not to arrest Charles. The police should have cued into her weird behavior and investigated the death instead of taking their word for it that Charles was the aggressor. Besides, she had just driven up, she wasn't even in the house with "an angry Charles".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member