Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is temporary. About the only thing this MIGHT accomplish is getting the two cases tried separately rather than together. But at any rate, if it were easy to fool a court system with incompetence, then a lot more would do it. She will fail.

Just publicly accessible now.
Back in March 8, 2021, Lori’s fitness to proceed was drawn into question by her counsel. After a psychological assessment, the Court determined at this time the defendant is not competent to proceed and recommends restorative treatment.
Well...alrighty then!

I dearly hope and pray fervently that you're right, lonetraveler. Although I would also like to see her swing/stand in front of the guns/lay on the gurney next to Chad as well. She is IMO a classic manipulator . RIP JJ and Tylee.
Oh, I also want the same thing. Please, please, please don't let prosecutor make a deal with her!

Likely. However, she can't throw Chad under the new bus - Charles WILL get justice!!! Hahaha. They will both fry for killing their respective spouses!
Maybe she can drag him down with her. According to MG, it was Chad who called Lori and told her that Charles was possessed by the spirit of Nick Schneider.

(1) When the defendant’s fitness to proceed is drawn in question, the issue shall be determined by the court. The court shall also determine, based on the examiner’s findings, whether the defendant lacks capacity to make informed decisions about treatment. If neither the prosecuting attorney nor counsel for the defendant contests the finding of the report filed pursuant to section 18-211, Idaho Code, the court may make the determination on the basis of such report. If the finding is contested, the court shall hold a hearing on the issue. If the report is received in evidence upon such hearing, the party who contests the finding thereof shall have the right to summon and to cross-examine the psychiatrist or licensed psychologist who submitted the report and to offer evidence upon the issue.

Idaho Code 18-212 – Determination of Fitness of Defendant to Proceed — Suspension of Proceeding and Commitment of Defendant — Postcommitment Hearing » LawServer
Thanks for the link. I will have to read to see exactly how that all works. I for one see her behaviour no different than when she was fighting to remove custody of the kids from Joe Ryan and she was surely evaluated then? My memory blanks. I would like to see what determines incompetence, and who picks the evaluator, and if the defense has a chance to pick their own evaluator. I hope they have someone that can see through any games she is playing as a master manipulator. Yes, I can totally see her manipulating this and that does not make her incompetent. IMHO.

The verbiage is interesting to me. This wasn't something like, I will grant the continuance and we'll reconvene on "x" date at "x" time...Judge Eddins said "it would be set for a date and time certainly in the future but right now we don't know date time but we'll get that set as soon as it's feasible."

As others stated, I personally think there was substance to what transpired yesterday. What would make this ruling also prevent it from being able to be rescheduled? It almost sounded like it was outside of control of the courts. Something has to be completed/addressed for them to be able to then set a new date.

It's all super strange but I think if I had to choose one, MM is saying she does not have the ability to fully understand the charges being brought against her.

Here's a roundup of some of the theories that have been mentioned. I'm sure I missed some but
  • Something medically/mentally- This should have been addressed within 90 days per Judge Boyce, however, this could be something under seal???
  • MM & LV not on the same page- They don't have to be right now. Why it was prevent the reading of the charges
  • Suicide, Death Threats, etc...- He obviously mentioned exigent circumstances which this would encompass but again seems as though there are resources to handle this and shouldn't prevent the charges being read
  • Simple delay tactic- I personally don't see this. Judge Eddins saw enough evidence to grant it as well as noting "exigent circumstances"
  • Plea deal- Still not sure why charges wouldn't be read regardless
I agree, it has to be a new issue. My theory is that as soon as MM saw the potential death penalty he finally realized that he is way over his head and needs a DP experienced lawyer. If he is just now looking for someone that would explain the nebulous schedule. Woods was exasperated because the new attorney would not need to be present for the reading of the charges. I bet Woods sees it as another delaying tactic. The additional charges plus DP should not be surprise to anyone involved in the case. MM should have been prepared. Or he has someone in mind, but is trying to delay at every turn. Didn’t it take at least 5 years for Jodi Arias to get to trial?

I can't find a link so moo. I believe in a Dateline episode it was stated that someone was shooting from the back window as the Jeep was driving away. One could presume that there were at least two persons in the Jeep. IIRC, this coincides with the Jeep tire and back seat being moved to and from the storage unit in Idaho.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide links and make corrections if needed!

Best evidence is that it was parked. Justin Lum interviewed neighbors.

I always thought that she actually believed the stuff Chad preached. And, I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but if you even consider that stuff to be possibly true, then something has to be wrong up there in the head.

Now, you can have mental health issues, and still be competent to stand trial. At this point, she isn't. I have to believe the professionals would be able to see past her supposedly master manipulator tactics. I don't think she is a "master manipulator" like she has been described though, I think she found people like her, that believed the same stuff she did, that wanted the same things she wanted, that had the same or similiar morals or lack of thereof. In my opinion, she didn't manipulate her brother, they had a strong bond and the same moral compass so they stayed together and covered for each other. I also don't believe she manipulated Charles, I think they were in a very toxic and obsessive relationship, he knew she was an awful person but he still wanted to be with her. That happens everyday, to both men and women, I think everyone knows a couple like that. And she 100% didn't manipulate Chad, if anything, Chad did a number on her. She's not a victim though, she was a willing participant in all of this mess, and I have to say that, by Charles' accounts, it sounds like she really went downhill when she met and became enamoured with Chad. I don't think Chad ever had to make any effort for her to buy what he was selling or manipulate her, she wanted to believe what he was saying was true, it made sense to her.

BUT, just because she's dealing with some mental health issues, it doesn't mean she isn't an absolutely awful, terrible, horrible person. She is a murder. Even if she wasn't the one who killed Charles, Tammy, JJ and Tylee (which, I really don't believe she was the one doing the actual killing), she knew they were going to be killed, she agreed to it, she thought it was a good idea, she covered for whoever killed them, she participated in the murders. She is still a criminal, she still wanted all of those people dead, including her own children, she still wanted that $ from Charles, Tylee, JJ and most likely Tammy. The fact that she's not competent NOW, doesn't mean that she won't ever be or that she never was.

Even if you're an horrible person, which she is, you still have the right to treatment. And I know it's hard to agree or remember that when such horrible crimes are involved, but it's the truth. This is not the Middle Ages, if someone who committed a crime and is in jail/prision gets sick, they have to receive treatment. And I know it's bitter to the tax payers to be paying for all of this, but I don't see it as tax payers footing the bill for HER, but rather for HER VICTIMS. It's for Tylee, JJ, Tammy and everyone else she hurt, it's not for her. And it's for all of us too, for our safety, because a person like Lori has no business being free among everyone else.

Just publicly accessible now.
Back in March 8, 2021, Lori’s fitness to proceed was drawn into question by her counsel. After a psychological assessment, the Court determined at this time the defendant is not competent to proceed and recommends restorative treatment.
That’s it!!
That is why they didn’t schedule anything in the future.
And Woods thinks she is faking.

I’m guessing that her ‘incompetency’ will be spun as her waking up from Chad’s brainwashing & realizing what she’s done & has had a massive mental breakdown, or, maybe she will stick to her delusions through the trial if she thinks it’s to her benefit.
In some ways it reminds me of the James Holmes trial- his defense team kept him from getting treatment in jail for months, till he was good and psychotic. Of course he was competent for trial though once he was medicated properly. He genuinely maintained his delusions even after treatment. That trial is one reason I think DP cases aren’t worth the trouble. I hate to see everyone put through years of grief to end up with LWOP in the end.

IMO
My gut reaction is that this is an MM issue. I think the state doesn’t think it is serious enough for a continuance at this early point in the proceedings. Obviously the judge disagrees.
Replying to my own message!!! I shouldn’t trust my gut feelings!!
Her mental evaluation said she isn’t competent. There will be competency hearings and probably more evaluations. In the long run I agree those who say not a big deal. She is not getting out.

If back on March 8, The Court determined that LV was not competent to proceed, why was it kept secret?

The issue was raised on March 8th but that isn't when the evaluation was done. If my understanding is correct, she has had an evaluation so the psychologist has determined that she is incompetent at this time but since the prosecution has raised an objection they will have a hearing and the judge will decide whether she is incompetent or not. Then she will be sent for treatment and the judge will periodically have hearings (the first is at 90 days) to determine if she has regained competency. Once that happens the proceedings will resume. Technically this order is only a stay to stop any further hearings until her mental fitness is properly addressed. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard