Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting analogy, to Satan being cast out in to outer darkness. If you follow LDS theology.

I should probably read the books, but I have never been fond of dystopian fiction. End of the world...

In the LDS religion, folks who follow the LDS faith, can attend an LDS temple. Not everyone who is LDS has been to an LDS temple, or been married in a temple.

If you are married in a temple, it is usually for time and eternity. It used to be that women could only be married to one man in the LDS temple, now church rules changed the ceremony to "marriage for time on earth", so women can marry again, in an LDS temple ceremony.

Why is this background on LDS marriage relevant? It would be interesting to know which of Lori's marriages were in an LDS temple, if any.

My assumption is that Chad, as a returned LDS missionary, married Tammy in an LDS temple ceremony.

Were Lori and Chad married in the LDS temple? That would be interesting to know. Or was it just a civil service, that did not even involve their LDS bishop.
I'm not sure it is clear from MSM that Chad/Lori are accepted as part of the mainstream LDS community?

We've seen references to "cult" and "dangerous cult" when referring to Chad/Lori. Have we seen any names for the cult or is it something where the 'members of the cult' are secret and cling publicly to their local LDS roots?

I keep looking for any statement from mainstream LDS official about the status of Chad/Lori and haven't found anything.

Does anyone know what Chad's connection to mainstream LDS might be? Or, is he operating on his own on the outside or fringes of the broader LDS community?

Do we know if either/both Lori and/or Chad are members in good standing of LDS local community? Or, has Chad been identified as a "false teacher" and/or "false prophet" and possibly shunned by the more mainstream LDS community?

Do we know the size of the community that surrounded Chad and Lori? In MSM and from comments from friends we see reference to the word 'cult' and 'dangerous cult'? How many people are involved with the group and has the group been identified as a cult or been banned by mainstream LDS community leaders?

Is there any reason to believe that the broader mainstream LDS community might be sheltering Lori and/or Chad?

Chad Daybell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

After reading this article, and also the link in the article to the Daily Mail, apparently Chad Daybell has been excommunicated by the LDS church for proclaiming to be a prophet.

That is a very big deal. And also has implications regarding Tammy Daybell, who appeared to be very active in the LDS church, I wonder how this affected their marriage? It doesn't just happen overnight, there are meetings, letters, interviews before an excommunication.

Also, it looks like "Preppers for the People" have completely cut off the cord from Lori and Chad, that is pretty significant, when a prepper cult drops a member.

This makes me wonder if Chad & Lori are using all this publicity to bolster their theory "See, we are under attack, look what they're doing to us" It is simple to me. Allow officers to speak to your children and make sure they're safe or this nationwide manhunt will continue. I doubt anyone wants to take children but they do have a right to ensure they're safe in my opinion. It is an unfortunate situation.
Yes, they will definitely play up the martyr/persecution complex angles. Sick, but they have the ultimate example as an idol. Moo.

Chad Daybell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

After reading this article, and also the link in the article to the Daily Mail, apparently Chad Daybell has been excommunicated by the LDS church for proclaiming to be a prophet.

That is a very big deal. And also has implications regarding Tammy Daybell, who appeared to be very active in the LDS church, I wonder how this affected their marriage? It doesn't just happen overnight, there are meetings, letters, interviews before an excommunication.

Also, it looks like "Preppers for the People" have completely cut off the cord from Lori and Chad, that is pretty significant, when a prepper cult drops a member.
Per that Daily Mail article, ex-communication only happened recently (this fall). If it did at all, I am not sure if Daily Mail is the most trustworthy source.

Interesting. I guess she had full custody by default then... who knows about child support though.
As far as I can tell, Tylee's father fought for custody. It sounds like a very bitter divorce. Then he died in 2018 from supposed heart attack. Joshua's father was reportedly killed by Lori's brother while still married to Lori. But it sounds like if he wasn't killed, he would have wanted custody.

I'm catching up on the thread (page 8/15 as of writing) after avoiding this story for the past 2 days so I could have an actual Christmas with my family, and by the looks of things will be having a phonecall with Websleuths staff regarding Insider Verification.

Until the verification process is complete, I just wanted to step in and say that Chad and Tammy's kids should be left out of things unless evidence comes out suggesting they are more directly involved. Supporting their dad, while a bit off from our perspective, can have legitimate reasons that we are unaware of. The Daybell family has been harassed by strangers IRL to my understanding, and adding to that online is unnecessary. Thanks.

Fremont County Len Humphries says one of Daybell’s sons is living in Salem and he refuses to speak with Law enforcement.

New information released in nationwide search for missing Idado kids case; family uncooperative
Wonderful. Between this son not talking to LE and their daughter standing up for their father, it's making my mind go in a direction I don't want it to go.

I just can't make sense of this. Their mother died in October, her body was exhumed because of suspicions that LE has about her death, and one was defending the father and the other won't cooperate with LE. Let's hope and pray they weren't involved in any of this.

Interesting. I guess she had full custody by default then... who knows about child support though.

While Charles was alive, but after the were separated he was said to be paying for the place she as living in AZ. Once he was dead I think she would have gotten some money from social security for JJ. Presumably she was also getting some from SS for Tylee from the point where her father died. I don't remember for sure, but think a surviving parent gets SS money on behalf of a child until the child turns 18 or possibly some period beyond if the child is a full time student. Regardless of the exact rules, I'm pretty sure Lori would have been eligible to get money for both JJ and Tylee and still would, assuming the kids are alive.

Probably not pertinent, but this reminds me of the lady who recently died and it was discovered she kept her deceased husband in the freezer for several years after he died. The theory seems to be that it was to keep his vet benefits rolling in which would have otherwise stopped at his death.

Hi all-

I have had a sick feeling about this case since I first heard about it. Please correct me if I am wrong about anything, I want to get a super brief overview/clarification:

October 19th 2019- Chad's ex-wife, Tammy, found deceased in her home. Initially, death was determined to be related to natural causes

October 22nd, 2019- 3 days after Tammy is found deceased, investigations uncover her death to be suspicious.

During death investigation- Learn that Tammy's ex-husband Chad has already remarried to a woman named Lori. Lori is the mother of the two missing children. Investigators speak with extended family who reports concern with not being able to speak with them since September.

November 26th, 2019- Police attempt to conduct a welfare check on children and both parents report that Joshua is staying with family in Arizona.

November 27th, 2019- Police learn that Joshua is NOT with family in Arizona and head back to home with search warrants and discover that Chad and Lori have abruptly left their home and location is unknown.

December 11th, 2019- Tammy's body was exhumed and an autopsy performed (results not public)

Further info-

***Family reports Lori's behavior "changed" the 4 months leading up to this as she became heavily involved with a "religious organization" that the grandma refers to as a "cult". JOSHUA'S FATHER/LORI's HUSBAND attempted to pick Joshua up for school on July 11th, 2019, from Lori's house in Chandler, AZ, but Lori's brother was present and fatally SHOT the father TWICE in the chest, later claiming self-defense. The children were reported to be present in the home at this time.

***Close friends report that Lori became very obsessed with the "end of the world" and "preparing for the end of the world"- heavily reading books published by her now-husband Chad.

Joshua's last record of school attendance was September 23rd, 2019.

***EDITED TO ADD:

I have to say I DO THINK IT IS VERY INTERESTING that 17-year-old Tylee's Instagram account has a "LDS.org" link on it. It is definitely not common and I feel like this does provide some interesting insight into Tylee's beliefs/the level of influence that her mother/Chad have.

Last edited:
Wonderful. Between this son not talking to LE and their daughter standing up for their father, it's making my mind go in a direction I don't want it to go.

I just can't make sense of this. Their mother died in October, her body was exhumed because of suspicions that LE has about her death, and one was defending the father and the other won't cooperate with LE. Let's hope and pray they weren't involved in any of this.
To me it just means that his children trust their father without question. I wonder if they also believe that JJ and Tylee are safe, because finding them should be everyone's first priority.

I'm catching up on the thread (page 8/15 as of writing) after avoiding this story for the past 2 days so I could have an actual Christmas with my family, and by the looks of things will be having a phonecall with Websleuths staff regarding Insider Verification.

Until the verification process is complete, I just wanted to step in and say that Chad and Tammy's kids should be left out of things unless evidence comes out suggesting they are more directly involved. Supporting their dad, while a bit off from our perspective, can have legitimate reasons that we are unaware of. The Daybell family has been harassed by strangers IRL to my understanding, and adding to that online is unnecessary. Thanks.
They would probably get more sympathy if they would, you know, cooperate with police in order to find the INNOCENT CHILDREN caught up in this mess. Moo.

My opinion only from what I’ve gathered reading a freedom from LDS page.

Several people there said that they belong(ed) to the website ‘Another Voice of Warning’ (AWOV) that’s owned by Christopher Parrett.

The main players (visionaries) on this website are Julie Rowe, Hector Sosa, and Chad Daybell.

According to these members the website has a paywall and then Chad Daybell has a private sub forum within the site with another paywall. So, a paywall to join the site and then another paywall to access Chad’s secret sub-forum with his teachings.

Chad, Julie and Hector call themselves visionaries and claim to be prophets that people will come to for answers and guidance during the end times/tribulation period. They are teaching doomsday doctrine (earthquakes).

According to the members, Chad Daybell told the owner of the AVOW site (Christopher) back in October that he was “leaving to go Hawaii to grieve and write another book.”

According to the members of the site, no one has seen or heard from Chad since and many of the members there are now upset because he’s not been there and they’re still paying for access to his sub-forum.

The owner of the site didn’t tell the members until recently ($$$) that Chad was gone and then he finally shut down Chad’s account and his secret sub-forum.

Here’s the AVOW website:

https://www.ldsavow.com

JMO

Last edited:
Exactly. They may know (or think they know) the kids are safe, but no one else is going to buy that based on LE's concerns.
And no one should buy that based on common sense.

Multiple people dead under suspicious circumstances, proven lies, and these two going on the run.

It doesn’t appear that human life is of great value to them, and this is trending in a very bad direction.

Since Chad and Lori issued a statement through an attorney, does this put them in the category of now being "Lawyer-ed Up"? Was this a strategic move on their part to now having an attorney on retainer and now dont have to say anything ?

They would probably get more sympathy if they would, you know, cooperate with police in order to find the INNOCENT CHILDREN caught up in this mess. Moo.

Yet again pushing the line saying something like this while waiting for my verification phonecall, but:
The Daybell kids have been in communication with their dad for a while now. Despite Chad and Lori being missing. From what I've heard, this line of contact has been kept as long as the kids don't talk with law enforcement. They've taken this a step further and cut communication with the extended family on their mom's side, which includes me. We've been lucky enough to have some contact with one of the kids, but even that has been limited. So based on this understanding, the kids are having to choose between their dad they've known as a loving father their whole life, and supporting law enforcement in this case. I know it looks bad, and I'm sure they realize it looks bad, but please remember that this all occurred soon after their mother's death. Everyone related to Tammy is still grieving, and I'm sure the Daybells have felt that the hardest. Not everyone makes the best decisions, especially in times of grief. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled