Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched the video yet but this graphic explains quite a bit! Thank you, I hope this info is allowed here because it makes some of the confusing family dynamic make sense now-- Stacey Lynne Cope, who died in 1998, was Lori's sister and Melani's mother. And Stacey also would have been a sister of Alex Cox too. Melani was a child still when her mother died in 1998. I wonder if Lori helped raise her after Stacey died? (my speculation only) I now believe the woman Lori wishes Happy Birthday to on Instagram is Lori's niece. Actually, I can prove it with a birth record but I won't link it because that would be sleuthing the niece... Lori gives away her date of birth when she wishes her happy birthday and the niece's birth record can easily be found now that we know her mom's name (everyone should do their own research but don't post it here because Melani is not a POI in this case). With her mom not being alive for much of her childhood, Lori may have helped raise her and felt she was her "baby girl"... That comment makes sense to me now... This also explains why Melani's ex-husband Brandon feels that Melani is in this cult with Lori. Lori may have had great influence over her niece as she was growing up. MOO.

MSM sources about Brandon and Melani and the incident of someone shooting at Brandon that may be connected to this current crazy situation:
Family of missing Idaho children say mom may have joined new husband's cult as FBI joins search
Family members say mother of missing children in Rexburg joined a dangerous cult with new husband
Lori Vallow: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Family of missing children say mother Lori Vallow 'joined cult' | Daily Mail Online

Lori's Instagram for reference: @lolo4kauai • Instagram photos and videos

Do you think this Melani (Brandon's ex-wife as well as niece of LV)... is the same Melanie G as in the "warrior" podcasts recorded with Lori, Chad and JMow?? If totally different person... I might be muddying the quagmire.

I will definitely help you look. I’ll listen to grays podcast while doing more of yesterday’s dishes. Lol.

I have read of chad speaking at a prepper conference in Morgan Utah as well. Any links there?

In regards to prepping. Do you have to have a gun license in Idaho? Would having the ability to have and acquire weapons affect where they would go?

Are tag readers available in Idaho and surrounding states? I have to think LE has a clue about where they are, surely?

Tag readers? Are you talking something sitting somewhere that looks at license plates of cars going by and reports on them in some fashion? If so, I seriously doubt it. Something like that would, I think, normally be somewhere like a toll road or situation like that. The only place close to where they are that has any situation like what I'm guessing would involve a tag reader is on I-15 south in northern Utah. There they have a relatively small amount of freeway (under 50 miles, I'd guess) that has a lane designated as a "car pool lane" that requires 2 or more people to use *OR* can be used by a single person by paying a toll. I'm not sure how they collect the toll since they have no toll booths (guessing an easy pass or other transmitter might be available) and I'm thinking they might have cameras (to see if 2 people or not) and tag readers (to send a bill to those who don't have 2 people). But this is pure guess. Never heard of tag readers being used to track or catch anyone in SE Idaho and think I would have if that happened very often. MOO.

I'm going to say that a gun license to own or possess a gun in Idaho is a no. From the standpoint of guns you can pretty much assume that the default (only federal laws apply) is the law in Idaho. It's among the top states for percentage of residents who are gun owners.

Last edited:
I will definitely help you look. I’ll listen to grays podcast while doing more of yesterday’s dishes. Lol.

I have read of chad speaking at a prepper conference in Morgan Utah as well. Any links there?

In regards to prepping. Do you have to have a gun license in Idaho? Would having the ability to have and acquire weapons affect where they would go?

Are tag readers available in Idaho and surrounding states? I have to think LE has a clue about where they are, surely?

Easy as pie to buy new and used guns in Idaho.

"Purchasing Firearms
There is no state permit required for the purchase of any rifle, shotgun, or handgun.

It is unlawful to directly or indirectly sell to any minor under the age of eighteen years any weapon without the written consent of the parent or guardian of the minor.

No state permit is required to possess a rifle, shotgun or handgun."

Gun & Weapon Law

I’m still confused as to why that quote was posted by our admin. Usually if the VI was approved it is announced on the thread. But my understanding is that since this info was posted by an admin it is completely discussable.

I will continue to shout/say— it is MOST interesting who IS and IS NOT speaking publicly about the missing people involved. Timing of when they speak is also VERY interesting. Is it when they are called out? Why was Tylee not missed until November? Did anyone speak to her on her birthday, September 24th? Have they spoken with family since November 26? You know Thanksgiving was on November 28th this year. Did all these people not plan holidays together or not call and say “Happy Thanksgiving”? Do they not worry when they don’t hear from them? Or do they know their plan, where they are or were going? And while I’m asking questions, are they paying rent? They’ve been gone at least a month, surely rent is due if they don’t own. (I think I’ll look up property ownership) Maybe if they don’t own the apartment a local reporter can track down landlord. How about utilities, are they still on? Do they all have passports? What company names are Chad and Lori associated with? While that local reporter is asking questions, go talk with the principal or superintendent or school board and ask if they withdrew to homeschool? Did they have pets? Where are the pets?

If anyone finds email addresses I’d also like to search with those, please share.
I agree, it is interesting who is not commenting, who is commenting and when they started. Frankly, I’d be terrified of these people and might distance myself if I were in their shoes.

If we can discuss Trish’s post, maybe there’s something in there we need to discuss! The Hawaii connection? The maternal grandparents?

Also dead, the previous wife of one of her ex-husbands. A woman he was married to shortly before marrying Lori. Which makes two dead wives of her future husbands plus two dead ex husbands plus a dead brother and two missing kids. Did I miss anybody?
I really feel that all of this should be posted in the first post of every thread. Not only to keep it organized, but to see the entire picture of what occurred before they both went on the run to hide and prep or whatever the heck they're doing!

Good morning fellow sleuthers. :)

Back on the original thread, we were discussing Alex dying after Chad and Lori were "long gone". Problem is, we don't know where they went or where they are.

The ME report is still pending on Alex. I'm quite interested in that one.
Just because they were "gone" doesn't mean they aren't responsible for his death. For all that we know, they could be hiding right under everyone's noses nearby!

I really feel that all of this should be posted in the first post of every thread. Not only to keep it organized, but to see the entire picture of what occurred before they both went on the run to hide and prep or whatever the heck they're doing!
I may be dreaming, but I think @oviedo said she was working on a media thread? That will keep it all in check soon!

Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

I believe this is going to be a more complicated case than it looks on the surface. The children's mother (Lori Wallows) recently married a man (Chad Daybell) a few weeks after his wife died. It was presumed the late wife had died of natural causes but was exhumed recently and her death is now being investigated.
The new wife's husband was shot in a family argument earlier this year:

Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight

The husband and wife are not cooperating with police and have since vanished.

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE*NO DISCUSSION

Thread #1

Oh it looks pretty complicated on the surface.

Tag readers? Are you talking something sitting somewhere that looks at license plates of cars going by and reports on them in some fashion? If so, I seriously doubt it. Something like that would, I think, normally be somewhere like a toll road or situation like that. The only place close to where they are that has any situation like what I'm guessing would involve a tag reader is on I-15 south in northern Utah. There they have a relatively small amount of freeway (under 50 miles, I'd guess) that has a lane designated as a "car pool lane" that requires 2 or more people to use *OR* can be used by a single person by paying a toll. I'm not sure how they collect the toll since they have no toll booths (guessing an easy pass or other transmitter might be available) and I'm thinking they might have cameras (to see if 2 people or not) and tag readers (to send a bill to those who don't have 2 people). But this is pure guess. Never heard of tag readers being used to track or catch anyone in SE Idaho and think I would have if that happened very often. MOO.

I'm going to say that a gun license to own or possess a gun in Idaho is a no. From the standpoint of guns you can pretty much assume that the default (only federal laws apply) is the law in Idaho. It's among the top states for percentage of residents who are gun owners.
I am talking about mounted readers on some intersections, and also on patrol cars. Here is an article about it in the area specific to Rexburg. An example for the websleuths community would be the Aniah Blanchard case. Her car was captured by a tag reader around the time she was kidnapped. That info was shared with the public about where her car was last spotted.

Back to Idaho and from this article and BBM:

License plate readers can help solve crimes, but also raise privacy concerns
(.....)
Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office Spokesman Sgt. Bryan Lovell dismissed concerns that law enforcement would use the devices to encroach on privacy. He said the devices are used only to track license plates of vehicles that have been flagged by law enforcement as suspected of a crime.

There are two types of automated license plate readers; stationary ones and those mounted on vehicles, typically in front of a patrol vehicle’s emergency lights.
(.....)
The readers track the license plates of passing vehicles, regardless of whether the vehicle has been flagged. If a license plate has been flagged, an alert is sent to the patrol officer with information about why the vehicle is flagged and where. If the license place reader is stationary, a notification is sent to Madison County Dispatch, which then forwards the information to the nearest county dispatch to alert their patrol officers.
(....)
The license plate readers connect to the same national database used by law enforcement to search if someone has an active warrant.

yeah this was my understanding as well, which is why I asked where the person heard that they needed to do all of that stuff. It seems there is not much oversight in this country where homeschooling is concerned. The poster I was quoting and replying to said that the student has to have end of year testing or a teacher eval submitted to the superintendent and that just isn’t true at all.
Because in MY state, that is what we had to do to homeschool our children. Or we'd be in court and charges filed against us. Perhaps Idaho is different. Sorry for trying to add my own experience to the conversation, I should have realized one size may not fit all and not assume it was the same in every state. Which makes no sense to me- we live in one country, but yet the states rules vary on homeschooling?

Also from the article:
“Her friend vividly remembers one disturbing thing Lori would allegedly say, ‘It's gonna be the end of the world and we should all just drive off a cliff and kill us and our kids and die all at the same time.’

Now, she wonders how she trusted the woman.

’I would've trusted her with my kids more than I would've trusted anybody.’” (BBM)

I’m so scared for Joshua and Tylee.
This is worrisome. Remember a year or so ago the women who drove their adopted children off a cliff in California, intentionally? IIRC the authorities were beginning fi investigate them for abuse when they fled. They were from my area up north from where they died. Such a sad case.

I could see Lori taking herself and her kids out together like that, but the hitch in this giddy up is that the kids were gone quite some time before the adults.

Thanks, Tricia. Just when I think I'm going to dial back my Websleuthing, a case like this comes along... I couldn't stop myself from sleuthing Lori and Chad and trying to find as much info on them as possible with the hope some piece of info might help find these children.
@diggndeeperstill deserves credit also for finding info early on in this case. :)

I hope this somehow has a happy ending with the kids being found alive but the more time that goes by the less likely that seems. :(
I can't figure out how to do my own post, so I just picked this one to respond to. I submitted my info so that I can be verified. My daughter is Vaisia Itaaehau, who is pictured with Tylee on her facebook profile pic. They were best friends from 5th thru 10th and a little into 11th grades. They just kinda grew apart over the last year to 18 months due mainly to each of them making new friends and spending more time with the new friends. But my daughter practically lived with Tylee's family weekends and during the summers when they were best friends. Tylee spent a lot of time at my house too, but my house wasn't as fun (I was a busy working mom with lots of kids and little money to do fun things). Vaisia knows pretty much all of Tylee's family, including the extended family, and even members of Charles' family as well. Reporters have contacted us, but as of now Vaisia doesn't really want to talk to them out of loyalty to Lori & Tylee. I've been telling her things that are being said and she can't believe it. She is concerned about Tylee and JJ, she is very confused about what is going on but she absolutely loves Lori and knows her well, so she believes the kids are ok wherever they are. I was always grateful to Lori for being such an awesome mom, taking the kids on adventures and having tons of fun and just being there always. My daughter was close to Lori as well as Tylee during those years. As for Joe, Tylee's dad, he grew up as a foster child, with one half sister. Tylee was his life in a weird way, tho. I was always uncomfortable about him. I did let Vaisia go there sometimes just to be there for Tylee because Tylee hated going to her dad's but she had to for custody reasons. Once, when the girls were swimming in the backyard, he locked them out for hours for no reason. I stopped letting Vaisia go there, and we often just had Tylee stay with us when she was on her dad's visitation. As for Charles, Vaisia's impression of him was that he was a mean, angry man. She didn't like him much. Once, Tylee called from a hotel in Hawaii saying that Lori had to take the kids there because Charles was upset with Tylee and might hurt her. He also got into at least one altercation with Colby, Tylee's brother. We have no idea where Tylee might be right now. Vaisia said that Tylee hadn't used a lot of social media in awhile for possible religious or personal reasons. We love Tylee, JJ and Lori and hope for the best outcome.

This is worrisome. Remember a year or so ago the women who drove their adopted children off a cliff in California, intentionally? IIRC the authorities were beginning fi investigate them for abuse when they fled. They were from my area up north from where they died. Such a sad case.

I could see Lori taking herself and her kids out together like that, but the hitch in this giddy up is that the kids were gone quite some time before the adults.
As search continues for 2 missing, endangered kids from Idaho, here's what we know
snipped
Vallow and her husband, Chad Daybell, are said to have abruptly left Rexburg, Idaho while police were out serving search warrants in their attempt to locate Joshua Vallow.
=============
I haven't quite caught up yet - do we have any idea what the search warrants were that they were serving?

Because in MY state, that is what we had to do to homeschool our children. Or we'd be in court and charges filed against us. Perhaps Idaho is different. Sorry for trying to add my own experience to the conversation, I should have realized one size may not fit all and not assume it was the same in every state. Which makes no sense to me- we live in one country, but yet the states rules vary on homeschooling?
I realllllly think home school should be regulated with similar standards across the country. Education is so important, so how can we trust that kids are getting the foundation that they need when nobody is watching. It definitely needs some oversight.

ETA sorry. I didn’t realize you were talking about your experiences in your state, since the post didn’t mention that. It said that Lori didn’t take Joshua out of school properly and then listed requirements for homeschool. Nothing about any other state so that led me to believe you were talking about Idaho. :)

Last edited:
Two things:

First: I wonder if Chad and Lori have passports, and if so, if they have been located. I assume they left lots of stuff behind when they left town. With about 3 weeks or so between them leaving and the police making a press release, they could be in some country that doesn’t expedite by now.

Second: I wonder if Chad’s house where he lived with his dead wife has been searched *extremely* well. There is no mention of a warrant being executed there (I may have missed it though). I’d venture to say that someone with views like his might have some underground living space that is very well hidden. That way if his end of the world warning system failed and it snuck up on him before he could get to whatever safe places he had planned to use when the world ended, he could still have a hidden space in his house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member