Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings. I am a new member and have a question regarding the marriage of Lori and Chad. From Gardner1850 excellent timeline:

Nov 2019 – Only a couple weeks after Tammy’s death, Chad Daybell marries Lori Vallow.

How do we know that they are actually married? I missed where they related this to anyone.

Thanks!

Welcome Utahobserver! Like was said above we haven't found their marriage records, however, that doesn't mean much as not all marriage records are open to the public. I'm taking Rexburg PD's word for it that they were married. It was stated in the Dec 20 Press Release: Rexburg Police Department

Last sentence under the heading "Death Investigation" in the middle of the page says:
"Investigators determined that within a couple weeks of Daybell's death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children."

So Rexburg is a small town. Chad is a guy with a wife and five kids, married for 30 years. He has visions and talks to spirits, but I guess within LDS church it's not considered unusual?
So when wife dies, supposedly in her sleep, even though she was only 49, and healthy, I guess that didn't raise any suspicions.
I think the suspicions only arose after he got married so soon after she died. I am not sure who contacted police, might have even been not a relative but one of her friends, that something wasn't right here.

I may have missed this in catching up but where is JJs dog? Has that been mentioned by anyone at all?

I'm not sure. The last time the dog was mentioned is in the divorce documents but it was left sort of vague who had him. At some point in March 2019 Charles dropped the divorce case, took JJ and moved back to TX-- I hope he took the dog too but it doesn't say if he did. JJ would eventually go back to live with Lori in AZ (exact date unknown but sometime between March and July when Charles was shot). I have a bad feeling that the dog went back to AZ with JJ and Lori got rid of the dog but that's just my opinion, not a fact. :(

From the link:

SALEM — The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office says law enforcement removed 43 items from Chad Daybell’s Salem home during a multi-agency raid on Friday.

“We are trying to clarify things and figure out what happened there,” Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries told EastIdahoNews.com.

Humphries said the items included computers, cell phones, journals, documents and medications, which have been sent to forensic experts for examination.

The results of those examinations are not expected to be available for several weeks, Humphries said.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed and OP has been edited to remove specific reference to "shotgun">

BTW I’ve reported my original post to mods asking they delete it since I may have gotten the shotgun info from an unapproved source.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE 1/6/2020
Fremont County Statement

ENn6duuU4AAwTuj

So Rexburg is a small town. Chad is a guy with a wife and five kids, married for 30 years. He has visions and talks to spirits, but I guess within LDS church it's not considered unusual?
So when wife dies, supposedly in her sleep, even though she was only 49, and healthy, I guess that didn't raise any suspicions.
I think the suspicions only arose after he got married so soon after she died. I am not sure who contacted police, might have even been not a relative but one of her friends, that something wasn't right here.
Wow. Yeah, Chad did a really good job keeping up the appearance of a loving husband and good Mormon father/grandfather right up until after the funeral services for Tammy. Until he said he was “going to Hawaii to grieve” and then wasn’t heard from again - until he announced his marriage to Lori?

From the link:

SALEM — The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office says law enforcement removed 43 items from Chad Daybell’s Salem home during a multi-agency raid on Friday.

“We are trying to clarify things and figure out what happened there,” Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries told EastIdahoNews.com.

Humphries said the items included computers, cell phones, journals, documents and medications, which have been sent to forensic experts for examination.

The results of those examinations are not expected to be available for several weeks, Humphries said.

the problem is that they’ve had almost 3 months to conceal/doctor/destroy evidence.

you think Chad really left all his files on his devices at the house? especially once he knew he was going into hiding...

Has there been any information released about the rental applications/agreement in Rexberg for Lori (or whoever completed the application)? Generally speaking, don’t rental applications require an applicant to disclose who will living there? Wondering if Tylee and JJ were listed as residents? Chad? What about financial information and verification of income, etc. Just curious if there is any insight that would be beneficial to this confusing mess...

I also wonder how KW knew to send LE to the Rexberg townhouses - did Lori give them (or anyone) her new address there?

Welcome Utahobserver! Like was said above we haven't found their marriage records, however, that doesn't mean much as not all marriage records are open to the public. I'm taking Rexburg PD's word for it that they were married. It was stated in the Dec 20 Press Release: Rexburg Police Department

Last sentence under the heading "Death Investigation" in the middle of the page says:
"Investigators determined that within a couple weeks of Daybell's death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children."

Thanks so much! They must have verified the marriage through records or the Daybells recounting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43