Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think that? Didn't the neighbour in Rexburg meet her? Also, there were Venmo transactions from her phone so could LE work out a location from those transactions? I'll look for the article about the neighbour.

ETA here it is

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8

"Just a week after they moved in, JJ told Seth's son that he and his sister would be leaving soon.

"They told my son that, 'Oh yeah, we're going to go visit my grandmother.' We didn't know where that was. I said, 'Oh, okay,' and I understood because school was about to start. The semester was about to start and she was going to school, from what I understood," Bernard said.

The grandmother told investigators that visit never happened. Bernard didn't notice anything odd about the family.

"The weird thing is there were no warning signs. No 'Hey, there's something going on here.' There was nothing. They were very nice, very friendly. She baked us brownies one time," Bernard said. "

I am wondering if they visited a grandma for Tylee's birthday and she (Tylee) was "starting school" as the "semester was about to start".

So could she be at a religious school?
More likely employing the gray man theory:
Gray Man Theory: The Art Of Blending Into The Crowd

The police log states the call was "in relation to a missing child case" and also "had to do wih the Arizona death investigations". The attempted murder wasn't a death investigation.
The Arizona death investigations does not necessarily mean multiple deaths - that would be "Arizona deaths investigations". If they said death investigations it would mean investigations regarding the one death IMO.

What makes you think that? Didn't the neighbour in Rexburg meet her? Also, there were Venmo transactions from her phone so could LE work out a location from those transactions? I'll look for the article about the neighbour.

ETA here it is

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8

"Just a week after they moved in, JJ told Seth's son that he and his sister would be leaving soon.

"They told my son that, 'Oh yeah, we're going to go visit my grandmother.' We didn't know where that was. I said, 'Oh, okay,' and I understood because school was about to start. The semester was about to start and she was going to school, from what I understood," Bernard said.

The grandmother told investigators that visit never happened. Bernard didn't notice anything odd about the family.

"The weird thing is there were no warning signs. No 'Hey, there's something going on here.' There was nothing. They were very nice, very friendly. She baked us brownies one time," Bernard said. "

I am wondering if they visited a grandma for Tylee's birthday and she (Tylee) was "starting school" as the "semester was about to start".

So could she be at a religious school?
More likely employing the gray man theory:
Gray Man Theory: The Art Of Blending Into The Crowd

Agree. I'm strongly leaning towards the children not being alive, although I would love to be proven wrong. Not only did Lori make statements about not wanting the children anymore, LE says they do not believe the children are with Lori. And LE also says Lori knows where they are OR what happened to them. I think the only way the children are alive and still being hidden is if Lori sold them to someone who did want them for bad purposes. Because I believe Lori is all about money. But children being sold seems to be a very rare scenario in missing children's cases (I could give some example cases but the circumstances don't fit with this case at all). So I'm back to thinking that the children may not be alive. :(

MOO.

These are some of the things I can't get past:

Who would be keeping them safe right now -- but isn't allowing the children to show grandparents, other family, neighbors, friends...that they are alive and well?
Who would be keeping them safe right now -- but isn't allowing JJ to continue to receive ongoing medical care, educational and therapeutic interventions, his iPad, his dog, and on and on?

Other than kidnappers and delusional people, who does this?

Opinion - I am not sure Tylee ever made the move to Idaho from Arizona.....moo

I keep wondering this too. LE seems convinced that she was in Idaho, but why they feel that way has been unclear. The recent news story with the neighbor (SB) is one person who believes he sighted Tylee in Idaho in September. Even if we're sure it was Tylee which I'm not based on one sighting in an apartment parking lot it still leaves me wondering why she wasn't seen more and if she was still around when JJ disappeared. MOO.

The police log states the call was "in relation to a missing child case" and also "had to do wih the Arizona death investigations". The attempted murder wasn't a death investigation.
The Arizona death investigations does not necessarily mean multiple deaths - that would be "Arizona deaths investigations". If they said death investigations it would mean investigations regarding the one death IMO.
Her friend , I think it was, said she got her GED. She doesn’t go to school.
Maybe she wanted some further education or college is what I am thinking about.

These are some of the things I can't get past:

Who would be keeping them safe right now -- but isn't allowing the children to show grandparents, other family, neighbors, friends...that they are alive and well?
Who would be keeping them safe right now -- but isn't allowing JJ to continue to receive ongoing medical care, educational and therapeutic interventions, his iPad, his dog, and on and on?

Other than kidnappers and delusional people, who does this?

Exactly. I believe that is partially why the police say the children are in "serious danger".

MOO.

That’s true. But they said “death investigations” (plural) and we’ve been given no indication LE found Tylee’s father’s death suspicious. Who else died in AZ? There may be another death we’re not yet aware of , but I think it’s equally likely AZ LE may have been investigating links between the two crimes and referred to them collectively as “death investigations”.

I hope so because this case is mind-numbing even without another fatality.

MOO

ETA I just read @tresir2012 ‘s explanation that “death investigations” could mean multiple investigations in a single death. I like theirs better than mine (lumping BB’s attempted murder w/CV’s death).

Last edited:
Sorry I don't know how to do a partial quote! But re: venmo transactions. MOO is that all those venmo transactions on Tylee's phone are from Lori. They have the exact same style as the ones from Lori's phone. I think a 17 yr old sending an older brother $ would be (lovely but) unlikely. It fits with the Oct 25 text not being sent by Tylee.
My point still stands that maybe they can trace the transaction location of whoever sent them.

I keep wondering this too. LE seems convinced that she was in Idaho, but why they feel that way has been unclear. The recent news story with the neighbor (SB) is one person who believes he sighted Tylee in Idaho in September. Even if we're sure it was Tylee which I'm not based on one sighting in an apartment parking lot it still leaves me wondering why she wasn't seen more and if she was still around when JJ disappeared. MOO.

Although it doesn't specifically say this, I think her friend in AZ also may have witnessed Tylee leaving AZ with Lori and JJ:

"The friend lived near Ryan’s Chandler, Ariz., home. Ryan moved from Chandler to Rexburg with her mother, Lori Vallow, and brother JJ shortly after Aug. 31. The friend said Ryan didn’t want to move to Idaho. In fact, Ryan had originally planned to move in with the friend in order to remain in Arizona. However, Ryan ultimately decided to go with her family to Idaho for JJ’s sake.
“She was just protective of JJ ’cause he was her little brother,” the friend said."

New texts show last known contact from Tylee Ryan's phone

Her friend lived in the same neighborhood, so I'm imagining her friend helping Tylee pack and waving goodbye as they drive away. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm picturing it.

There is also the AZ property manager's post at that link about giving Lori the deadline to move out by Aug 31. I'm assuming that Tylee's items were packed up and taken with them or the property manager might have mentioned that as suspicious. I also think that if LE had evidence something happened to Tylee prior to the move to ID then they would not have said Tylee was last seen in Rexburg in September.

The neighbor says he met Tylee once. Sure, it's possible he was mistaken about who he saw. But I think it indicates Tylee was briefly in Idaho. I worry, however, that she may have disappeared a long time (weeks?) before JJ. I also worry that JJ started asking questions about where Tylee went and what happened to his father. If Lori had concerns that JJ would start saying the wrong things at school, that would be motive enough to pull him out of school and make him disappear. And then of course, Lori probably wanted to be free with "no minor children" so that she could see Chad. :rolleyes::(

MOO.

Don't think I can quote from the last thread, but in answer to the comment about getting drugs without an Rx ...

I don't remember the specific drug JJ was on or have a feel for how "controlled" a substance it is. Certainly *if* Lori wanted it and had enough time to get it in anticipation of the need, it is possible. Some drugs that are available only with a prescription in the US can be bought in Mexico without. Others may require an Rx, but visiting a doctor there could take care of that. It's also generally a lot cheaper than the same thing would be in the US (assuming no insurance picking up all or part of the cost). In fact, there is a town called Los Algodones just across the border from Yuma, AZ, that does a thriving business in the medical, dental, and drug fields from Americans whose situation is such that they've found it is more affordable to take care of many of their needs across the border. Conceivably with a 3 1/2 hour drive each way Lori could have gone there. Or Nogales, Mexico was a touch closer and, while not as well known or with as many businesses setup to service those from North of the Border, would still be a possibility. MOO
Catching up from last night... So my understanding is that JJ had ADD/ADHD. He more than likely would have been taking something along the lines of Ritalin or Concerta. Usually kids are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD after beginning school, when the teacher notices their "hyperactivity" or often times says something to the parents because they don't want to deal with a difficult/active child MOO. JJ is only 7, which I believe is way too young to be diagnosing a child with ADD/ADHD and putting them on meds, again MOO. Regardless, in most circumstances kids don't NEED to take their meds for this disorder, it just helps with concentration and compliance in school. Obviously every situation is unique, but I like to think JJ isn't suffering without it. Also if JJ is also autistic there is no cure for autism spectrum disorder, and there's currently no medication to treat it. He may not NEED to take any medications at all. God willing.

Did LE ever say they visited Lori AND Chad at the address in November when they were enquiring about the children, or was it just Lori? Only I notice the neighbor doesn't mention him.

The original LE press release from Dec 20, 2019 says they spoke with both Lori and Chad: Rexburg Police Department

ETA: that press release calls the Rexburg townhouse "their residence" a couple times. It says Lori and Chad had abruptly vacated "their residence". I believe Chad moved in with Lori. Perhaps the neighbor never saw him there? MOO.

Last edited:
That’s true. But they said “death investigations” (plural) and we’ve been given no indication LE found Tylee’s father’s death suspicious. Who else died in AZ? There may be another death we’re not yet aware of , but I think it’s equally likely AZ LE may have been investigating links between the two crimes and referred to them collectively as “death investigations”.

I hope so because this case is mind-numbing even without another fatality.

MOO

ETA I just read @tresir2012 ‘s explanation that “death investigations” could mean multiple investigations in a single death. I like theirs better than mine (lumping BB’s attempted murder w/CV’s death).
Also, Alex Cox.

Although it doesn't specifically say this, I think her friend in AZ also may have witnessed Tylee leaving AZ with Lori and JJ:

"The friend lived near Ryan’s Chandler, Ariz., home. Ryan moved from Chandler to Rexburg with her mother, Lori Vallow, and brother JJ shortly after Aug. 31. The friend said Ryan didn’t want to move to Idaho. In fact, Ryan had originally planned to move in with the friend in order to remain in Arizona. However, Ryan ultimately decided to go with her family to Idaho for JJ’s sake.
“She was just protective of JJ ’cause he was her little brother,” the friend said."

New texts show last known contact from Tylee Ryan's phone

Her friend lived in the same neighborhood, so I'm imagining her friend helping Tylee pack and waving goodbye as they drive away. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm picturing it.

There is also the AZ property manager's post at that link about giving Lori the deadline to move out by Aug 31. I'm assuming that Tylee's items were packed up and taken with them or the property manager might have mentioned that as suspicious. I also think that if LE had evidence something happened to Tylee prior to the move to ID then they would not have said Tylee was last seen in Rexburg in September.

The neighbor says he met Tylee once. Sure, it's possible he was mistaken about who he saw. But I think it indicates Tylee was briefly in Idaho. I worry, however, that she may have disappeared a long time (weeks?) before JJ. I also worry that JJ started asking questions about where Tylee went and what happened to his father. If Lori had concerns that JJ would start saying the wrong things at school, that would be motive enough to pull him out of school and make him disappear. And then of course, Lori probably wanted to be free with "no minor children" so that she could see Chad. :rolleyes::(

MOO.

Thanks. I'd forgotten about the friend in AZ. Much more convincing in every way. Certainly more than enough to convince me she was alive and well, although not thrilled about the move, and headed for Idaho. It also makes the neighbor's contention more credible, IMO, since we have more reason to think she was headed to Idaho. MOO

Catching up from last night... So my understanding is that JJ had ADD/ADHD. He more than likely would have been taking something along the lines of Ritalin or Concerta. Usually kids are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD after beginning school, when the teacher notices their "hyperactivity" or often times says something to the parents because they don't want to deal with a difficult/active child MOO. JJ is only 7, which I believe is way too young to be diagnosing a child with ADD/ADHD and putting them on meds, again MOO. Regardless, in most circumstances kids don't NEED to take their meds for this disorder, it just helps with concentration and compliance in school. Obviously every situation is unique, but I like to think JJ isn't suffering without it. Also if JJ is also autistic there is no cure for autism spectrum disorder, and there's currently no medication to treat it. He may not NEED to take any medications at all. God willing.

The story we've seen is that the medication was specifically to help JJ sleep. I don't know if we think we know what the drug was specifically, but I don't know that it was something you'd normally think of for ADD/ADHD. According to the story we've heard, he had a hard time sleeping well without this drug. If he took it and slept well he was generally easy to deal with (as much as any 7 year old ever is :) ) but that without the sleep he was difficult. MOO

Thanks. I'd forgotten about the friend in AZ. Much more convincing in every way. Certainly more than enough to convince me she was alive and well, although not thrilled about the move, and headed for Idaho. It also makes the neighbor's contention more credible, IMO, since we have more reason to think she was headed to Idaho. MOO

I wonder if our Verified Insider who is Tylee's friends' mom can tell us more about the days just before the move from AZ to ID? We haven't heard from her for a while now.

@echoecho222
can you share if your daughter got to say goodbye to Tylee in person? You don't have to say if she is the anonymous friend in the article or not but we are all curious about whether Tylee actually moved to ID with Lori and JJ. It sounds like she really didn't want to go. It breaks my heart to think she went to protect JJ and may have needed protection for herself. :(

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members