Detailed Case Timeline Part II (2)
MISSING: Joshua Jaxon “JJ” Vallow & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan
POI’s: Lori Norene (Cox) Vallow & Chad Guy Daybell
Apr 2018 -
Joseph Anthony Ryan, Jr. -- 3rd ex-husband of Lori, and father of Tylee, dies at his AZ home. His body wasn't found for 3 weeks. The death was ruled a heart attack and he was cremated, meaning no 2nd autopsy can be done (Fox13 Phoenix).
– Chad finishes writing his “Times of Turmoil” book series and "felt prompted" to speak about the book in Arizona. He remembered meeting MG in 2017 and contacted her saying he felt he was supposed to speak in AZ in July. MG arranges a joint speaking event with Chad and Jason Mow (JM).
27 June 2018
– Chad announces a book signing on his blog for his book “Reclaiming Liberty”
, the last book in his “Times of Turmoil”
30 June 2018
– Chad holds a book signing along with Julie Rowe in Sugar City, Idaho.
3 June 2018 –
Tylee creates a 2nd Roblox account under username “Tyleearyan”. Profile - Roblox
25 July 2018
– Tylee adds the song “watch” by Billie Eilish to her Youtube channel. This appears to be her last activity on Youtube. tylee ryan
Chad starts speaking on a paid podcast called "Glimpses Through the Veil" with the Preparing A People website (PAP website & Event Flyers).
15 Sept 2018
Chad speaks at a Preparing A People event in Brigham City, Utah (PAP website & Event Flyers).
26-27 Oct 2018
Chad speaks at a Preparing A People event in St George, Utah (PAP website & Event Flyers).
16-17 Nov 2018
Chad speaks at a Preparing A People event in Mesa, AZ (PAP website & Event Flyers).
– Chad is a guest interview on a new Preparing A People podcast titled “Time To Warrior Up” with JM, MG & Lori Vallow. (PAP website).
Late January 2019 – Abt 2 weeks before CV files for divorce,
Lori takes JJ and moves out of the Chandler, AZ home she was sharing with CV. Lori’s whereabouts are unknown during this time and her communication with CV is limited. (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
Late Jan 2019
- CV goes on a business trip to TX and during that time Lori returns to the AZ home and removes “the majority of CV’s possessions”, including CV’s business computer and CV’s shoes, clothing and underwear; Lori also took JJ’s service dog’s collar, JJ’s medicine, clothing and i-pad. (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
28 Jan 2019
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car emails CV to say that 2,000 points were transferred out of his rewards account; CV is worried that Lori plans to use the points to leave Arizona with JJ (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
28 & 29 Jan 2019
- Lori makes multiple transfers of money totaling $35,000 from CV’s business accounts to their personal joint account and then moves the money again from the personal account into an unknown bank account. CV asks Lori to return it all, but she ignores him; CV tries to stop the transfers, but the bank says Lori is a signatory and the payment can't be stopped (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
29 Jan 2019
- CV calls his older son and says Lori had called that day and told him she is a "translated being who cannot taste death sent by god to lead the 144,000 into the Millennium". The conversation between Lori and CV would later be documented in divorce filings: “[Lori] believes that she is receiving spiritual revelations and visions to help her gather and prepare those chosen to live in the New Jerusalem after the Great War as prophesied in the Book of Revelations." Lori also allegedly threatened to murder CV if he stood in the way of her (Divorce documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
30 Jan 2019 –
Charles was on a business trip in Houston when Lori called him. Lori kept calling CV by the name “Nick Schneider” on the phone. When CV asked who Nick was Lori said that CV was Nick because Nick had killed CV and taken his identity. Lori again threatened to murder CV when he returned to AZ and she said she had an angel to help her dispose of CV’s body. She also said she would ruin him financially (Divorce documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
Late Jan/Early Feb 2019 –
Lori abandons Charles and JJ for 58 days and her whereabouts during this time are unknown. JJ’s grandmother KW says Lori told Charles she no longer cared about him or JJ before leaving. They believe Tylee was staying with other relatives during this time. (KSLTV News)
- Lori cancels CV’s plane ticket from TX back to AZ using his computer to log in and cancel online without CV’s knowledge. CV is forced to buy a last minute $600 ticket when he arrives at the airport and find’s out Lori canceled his ticket. (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
– When CV finally arrives back at the Phoenix airport he finds that his truck, which he had parked at the airport before leaving AZ, is gone. Lori had a spare key and removed the truck before CV came back. CV attempts to contact Lori but ends up taking a taxi to Mesa and then has a friend pick him up to take him home from there. (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
– Lori calls CV after he returns to AZ and says she is staying in a hotel with JJ. She says she doesn’t want anything to do with the children anymore; she says she will drop off JJ at school in the morning and CV can pick him up in the afternoon. Lori refuses to return CV’s truck for 3 days, so he has to pay for a rental car to go to work and JJ’s school (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
– CV is taking care of JJ and the dog but Lori refuses to return JJ’s medicine, clothing, i-pad and the service dog’s special collar. Lori also never contacts CV to ask about JJ’s wellbeing nor does she request parenting time. CV says this causes JJ emotional stress as his autism makes it difficult for him to understand the situation. JJ needs his medicine, his usual clothing, his i-pad with special apps on it that calm him down, and the dog’s collar so the dog can go wherever JJ goes (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
- Charles reportedly filed a petition with Community Bridges Healthcare for a 72-hour hold and evaluation, according to the documents, and even the staff called Gilbert Police to bring Lori in for treatment if they make contact with her; However Lori is never taken in for the hold and the petition expires (Divorce documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
5 Feb 2019 –
CV receives an email from an employees about commission money owed to the employee; The employee threatens legal action if he doesn’t get paid soon. Because Lori refused to return the money, CV was short on payroll and could not pay some CA contractors what they were owed (Divorce documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
8 Feb 2019
– CV begins initial process of filing for divorce against Lori. However, in March drops the divorce and they remained legally married (Maricopa Court records).
11 Feb 2019 –
The Sheriff of Orange County, CA contacts CV and discusses filing theft charges against Lori for taking the business money. (Divorce Documents, Fox10 Phoenix).
14 Feb 2019 – Valentine's Day
- CV signs divorce paperwork that outlines in detail all that Lori has done and said the last few months; CV says he wants sole custody of his adopted son, JJ and he also wants the property and money Lori took returned. The documents make disturbing allegations concerning Lori's mental stability (Fox10 Phoenix).
15 Feb 2019
– CV, thru an attorney, electronically files divorce documents the day after he signed them. The docs say that Lori threatened CV, telling him she was a god preparing for Christ's second coming, which she believes will happen in July 2020; Lori allegedly told CV if he got in her way, she would murder him. CV later got an Order of Protection (Fox10 Phoenix).
16 Feb 2019
– Chad Speaks at a Preparing A People event in Rexburg ID (PAP Flyer).
– Chad writes the forward for author MG’s new book “Feel the Fire.” (MG's book website).
6 Mar 2019
– Charles Vallow drops divorce proceedings against Lori and they remain legally married but separated (Maricopa Court records).
- CV's son helped CV and JJ move from Arizona to Texas, after Lori had changed. "Lori had basically just disappeared, and he had no idea where she went for I think two-ish months, and so eventually he was like ‘alright, I have to move away for JJ’s sake, for JJ’s safety’ and so he decided to move to Houston,” said the son. Eventually, JJ would reunite with Lori and Tylee in Chandler, AZ (Fox10 Phoenix).
– Chad travels to West Jordan, UT to meet actress Valentina and filmmaker Devin K Hansen about making his book "Chasing Paradise" into a movie (Fox13 Salt Lake City).
31 May 2019
– Chad cancels his planned appearance at a Preparing A People event due to a “Family Emergency” (PAP Event Adverts).
13 June 2019
– Lori uses Venmo to send her oldest son CR money with the note “Medicine” and a heart. This is the last time Lori used Venmo to send money. Lori Vallow
11 July 2019, abt 8:30 a.m.
- Charles Vallow is fatally shot twice in the chest at his home in 5500 block of S. Four Peaks Place, Chandler, AZ, allegedly by Lori's brother Alex Cox during a family argument. Lori was separated from CV at the time but living in the home CV owned. CV came to the house to pick up JJ and take him to school. Lori, Tylee and JJ were all at the house when the shooting occurred. AC was hit in the head with a baseball bat during the incident. AC called 911 and performed CPR on CV until emergency crews arrived. Police initially ruled the death self-defense and no charges were filed; However, Chandler PD have since said the investigation remains open (Fox10, Daily Mail).
Abt 11 July 2019 –
CV’s older son learned of his father's death on the news. He says Lori has stayed mum on the details. "She couldn’t tell you that there was a shooting?" asked FOX 10's Justin Lum. "No," the son replied. "She refused to tell us." (Fox10 Phoenix).
6 Aug 2019
- Venmo in Tylee’s name sent money to her older brother CR with a heart and two exclamation points. Tylee Ryan
10 Aug 2019
– The last time that JJ had a Facetime conversation with his paternal grandparents, KW & LW. This was a "30 second" Facetime (KSLTV, ABC World News).
- Chad attends a “Preparing a People” conference in St. George where he sets up a table to sell his books. Chad told an event attendee that Tammy was not at the conference because she was working (Rexburg Standard Journal).
- Lori moved with children JJ and Tylee, along with Alex and a friend from AZ to Rexburg, ID (Fox 13 Salt Lake City).
– Tylee was last seen sometime in September by a neighbor, SB, who helped Lori and AC move into 2 townhouses in the same complex. Lori, her children, her brother and a friend had all driven up from AZ. SB helped them move in a few weeks before school started. SB only met Tylee once and never saw her again. Lori told SB she moved there to attend college. (Fox 13 Salt Lake City).
11 Sept 2019
- Venmo in Tylee’s name sent money to her older brother CR with a heart.
23 Sept 2019 –
Chad texts ”Thanks so much” to Filmmaker Devin K Hansen about the movie project. Chad did not reply to any texts from Hansen after this date. (Fox13)
23 Sept 2019
– JJ was last seen attending Kennedy Elementary School in Rexburg, ID.
24 Sept 2019
- Tylee’s 17th birthday. Unclear if she was seen by anyone on this day. Rexburg's Assistant Police Chief Gary Hagen said, “It sounds like the last time anybody had seen the kids were somewhere on the 23rd or 24th of September
” (Daily Mail)
Late Sept or Early Oct - About 3 weeks before Tammy’s death
– Julie Rowe and Chad call each other. JR said “And I asked him, do you still see Tammy dying? And he said yes I do,” (Fox13 Salt Lake City).
2 Oct 2019
– BB, husband of Lori’s niece Melani, is shot at in the driveway of his Gilbert, AZ home; A bullet narrowly misses him and shatters the driver’s side window of BB’s car. The shooter is driving a vehicle matching the description of Tylee’s Jeep. A police report is filed. The Jeep was caught on CCTV and was later confirmed to be registered to the late Charles Vallow. The Jeep was later found in Rexburg, ID and impounded by police for evidence (Family interview on GH; Fox News & Arizona Republic).
4 Oct 2019 -
Tammy Daybell visits her parents in Springville, UT about 15 days before she died; She was healthy and doing Zumba and a clogging class according to her dad.
9 Oct 2019 -
Tammy has an encounter with a masked man with a gun outside her ID home which she contacted the police about. She also posted about it on Facebook:
“Something really weird just happened, and I want you to know so you can watch out,” Tammy wrote. “I had gotten home and parked in our front driveway. As I was getting stuff out of the back seat, a guy wearing a ski mask was suddenly standing by the back of my car with a paintball gun. He shot at me several times, although I don’t think it was loaded. I yelled for Chad and he ran off around the back of my house.” (East Idaho News)
Oct 10 2019 –
Venmo in Tylee’s name sent money to her older brother CR with a heart and “We love you”.
Oct 16 2019 -
Venmo in Tylee’s name again sent money to her older brother CR with a heart. This is the last activity on Tylee’s social media.
- About 2 Weeks after BB was shot at, Melani texts BB saying that she has decided to move to Boise, ID. (Arizona Republic)
18 Oct 2019
– Tammy goes to bed having a coughing fit (according to Chad when he called her family to tell them she was dead).
19 Oct 2019 -
Tammy is found dead by family members in her ID home at 202 N 1900 E, Rexburg; The ME in Rexburg only spent about 4 hrs on her autopsy and ruled her death “natural causes"
22 Oct 2019
– Funeral services are held in Utah and Tammy Daybell is buried in Springville, Utah (Tammy's Obit).
22 Oct 2019
– BB and Melani’s divorce is finalized; BB requested full custody of their 4 children on the grounds that he believes Melani was behind the attempt on his life in early October; He also requested Melani not see the children without supervision; Melani did not show up for court to challenge custody of the children; (Court records; Arizona Republic).
23 Oct 2019
- A 2nd memorial service for Tammy Daybell is held in Rexburg, Idaho (Tammy's Obit). Tamara Douglas Daybell
Nov 2019 –
Only a couple weeks after Tammy’s death, Chad Daybell marries Lori Vallow.
14 Nov 2019
– Lori’s niece, Melani, is arrested on suspicion of trespassing on the property belonging to her ex-husband BB's parents' in America Fork, Utah, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office. She was released on $2,500.00 bail the same day (Arizona Republic, Booking records).
Abt 19 Nov 2019
– About a week before conducting a welfare check on JJ and Tylee,
a police officer came to SB’s door asking questions about Lori and her children. SB is the neighbor who had helped Lori move into her townhome with the children in Sept (Fox 13 Salt Lake City).
26 Nov 2019
- Rexburg police attempt to conduct a welfare check on JJ, the adopted 7- year-old special needs son of Lori Vallow, at their residence at 565 Pioneer Road in Rexburg, ID. Welfare check was at the request of out of state family members who had not spoken to JJ since Sept. Chad and Lori were at the home and said JJ was staying with a family friend in Arizona. Investigators left but learned later that day that Joshua had not been staying with the friend.
26 Nov 2019
– 2 nights before Thanksgiving
Lori’s neighbor, SB, says he saw Lori and AC packing up a truck. SB thought at they were traveling for the holiday. Lori left behind her belongings, including JJ's toys. (Fox 13 Salt Lake City).
27 Nov 2019
– Rexburg PD receives request to help AZ LE execute a search warrant at the townhome at 595 Pioneer Road in relation to the investigation into JJ’s welfare and location.
27 Nov 2019; 10:13 a.m
- A phone related to their investigation is pinged at the general location "right now" when dispatched. However, when LE arrive Lori and Chad have abruptly vacated the home and left town; LE has reason to believe that they did not have JJ with them when they left Rexburg. Subsequently, the local LE contacts the FBI to ask for assistance in locating JJ: Rexburg Police Department
27 Nov 2019
– Neighbors watch as the FBI raided Lori's townhouse, as well as her brother AC's townhouse in the same complex. LE broke the front door of AC’s townhome down to get inside (Fox 13 Salt Lake City)
27 Nov 2019 (or sometime after)
-- During the investigation into JJ’s disappearance, LE learns that Lori’s 17 year old daughter Tylee Ryan was living with Lori in Rexburg but she also has not been seen since Sept 2019.
28 Nov 2019 – Thanksgiving Day.
29 Nov 2019
– Lori’s Brother, Alex Cox, marries a woman in Clark County, NV. The wedding is about 2 weeks before his death (Clark Co Marriage Records; Fox 10 Phoenix).
30 Nov 2019
– Lori’s niece, Melani, marries a new husband in Clark County, NV. Her new husband is allegedly a member of Lori and Chad’s cult (Family interviews on Grey Hughes; Clark Co Marriage Records; Fox10 Phoenix).
11 Dec 2019 –
Authorities exhume Tammy Daybell’s body for a 2nd autopsy after determining her death was suspicious. Results may take 30 days.
12 Dec 2019 - Alex Cox,
brother of Lori, was found dead in Gilbert, AZ of unknown causes; we are awaiting an autopsy report. Investigation into his death is being handled by the Gilbert PD.
20 Dec 2019
- Rexburg Police post on facebook asking for help locating the endangered missing children, JJ and Tylee. They call the death of Tammy suspicious and say it is thought to be linked to the missing children. Rexburg Police Department
20 Dec 2019
- Rexburg PD said the parents are not cooperating with officers’ attempts to check on the welfare of the children.
21 Dec 2019
– Police release photos of Lori and Chad, calling them persons of interest. “They told us several stories about where the children are, but when we investigate, the children don’t exist where they say they should,” Rexburg Police Chief Shane Turman told EastIdahoNews.com Friday.
“We don’t know where they are at, but we think they are in pretty serious danger.”
22 Dec 2019
– KW & LW, grandparents of JJ, plead for any information on the location of the children, "Just show me JJ, show me Tylee, let us see that those kids are OK," their grandfather pleads (Fox10 Phoenix).
22 Dec 2019
– BB, Lori’s former nephew by marriage, says Lori drastically changed after meeting Chad. BB also pleads for the kids’ safe return, "They're both just innocent and they didn't deserve to be involved in any of this." (Fox10 Phoenix)
23 Dec 2019
– BB spoke to the press claiming that Lori and Chad were part of a cult that his ex-wife Melani has also joined. BB also claims that there was an attempt on his life connected to this case:
“I spent the last 11 years of my life spending time with Lori and her now-deceased husband Charles,” BB said. “I don’t know what happened to those kids, but I know there’s people who do, and they’re not talking...”
“You can’t be a member of the church and believe those things,” BB said. “I think it’s an infatuation with the end of the world and an infatuation with power, and they’re using it to try to make money off of people’s beliefs.”
“A couple months ago there was an attempt on my life, so I went into hiding with my kids,” BB said, referencing his 4 young children with Melani. “All I could think was: "Someone's shooting at me. What do I need to do? I need to hit the gas and get out of here."
23 Dec 2019
- Attorney Sean Bartholick issued statement on the Daybells’ behalf:
“Chad Daybell was a loving husband and has the support of his children in this matter. Lori Daybell is a devoted mother and resents assertions to the contrary. We look forward to addressing the allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor.”
23 Dec 2019 –
KW, sister of Charles Vallow and grandmother of JJ, says she is skeptical that JJ and Tylee are still alive, "If I have a worst enemy, I would never wish this on them. I would never wish this on anybody," said KW. "She just turned off. The person we knew just went away and she did not want JJ anymore. We were just trying to tell her, God. please let her go to a fire station, a church or something." (Fox10 Phoenix)
24 Dec 2019 –
CR, oldest son of Lori and brother of Tylee, release a Youtube video discussing the case. “Every week or two weeks has been something — new news that just sinks your heart through your stomach,” CR said. “I didn't know there was a whole other family involved or anything." (Fox13 News, Fox10 Phoenix)
24 Dec 2019 –
KW says Charles and Lori were separated for a few months before his death after Charles suspected her of infidelity. She said Lori was financially dependent on Charles. KW believes Lori had joined a cult after listening to religious podcasts she made discussing the “end of days” published by Preparing a People, based in Highland, Utah (Idaho State Journal).
24 Dec 2019 -
Former FBI Deputy Assistant Director Danny Coulson speculates that JJ and Tylee are being held by members of a cult
that is preparing for the end of the world (Fox News).
24 Dec 2019 -
Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries says he has reason to believe the children were pulled out of school so they could be homeschooled. He also says “For any kind of an investigation to go forward, we need facts. Certainly, if someone has some information that is factual, or they know where we can obtain evidence, we would be very interested in knowing about that,"… “Social media does tend to lend itself to lots of gossip, which doesn't really help anybody." (KTVB7)
24 Dec 2019
– BH says he was friends with Chad and they served a mission together in NJ. He is in shock from the reports that Chad is now under investigation. “I just was horrified, shaking when I first saw it because this is the last guy that I ever thought would be involved in something like this.” (KJZZ News, Fox13 News)
24 Dec 2019
– A Daily Mail source says that Chad Daybell was excommunicated from the LDS church in the Fall of 2019 for declaring himself a Prophet. The LDS spokesman declined to comment. (Daily Mail, Radar Online).
25 Dec 2019 – Christmas Day.
26 Dec 2019
- Preparing A People
removed Chad and Lori’s podcasts and issued a statement denying they are a cult and claiming Chad had not spoken at one of their events since Feb 2019.
27 Dec 2019 –
An anonymous friend says Lori became obsessed with Chad's books about 4 years ago. Friend says she can't wrap her head around what's happening; remembers Lori as amazing mother who devoted herself to Tylee and Joshua;
"She would fly her daughter's friend from Arizona to come see her just so that she would have a better week. I mean she's like mother of the year here," she remembered.
But now she realizes there may have been red flags, "She was 100% into the end of times, the end of the world and she would tell me no you really gotta start preparing for the end of the world. You gotta start getting your stuff together. She would order stuff all the time she would tell me I needed to read all these books," her friend said. The books written by Chad were a fictional series called "Standing in Holy Places." "Those books she got really obsessed with and she started buying me those books too. She must have gotten close to him from his books."
"Lori would say things to me like 'I'm never gonna get divorced again. I'm on my fourth husband.'" Adding, "And then she would tell me, 'You gotta get rid of your husband. We'll just go off and do our own thing.'"
Lori would allegedly say, "It's gonna be the end of the world and we should all just drive off a cliff and kill us and our kids and die all at the same time." (Fox7Austin)
27 Dec 2019 –
Julie Rowe says Chad had visions Tammy would die. “Angels had told him that he was going to lose Tammy,” Julie told a local TV station
. Julie said Chad told her he wanted to get out of the publishing business but that Tammy did not.
“He said I’m ready to get out and Tammy doesn’t want to get out. When she passes, I’m done, I can’t keep doing this.”
Julie also say the missing children are safe. “I do know the kids are safe. I can see them,” she said. “I can see their energy and that they’re in a bright house.” (The Daily Beast)
28 Dec 2019 -
Rexburg Police Capt. Gary Hagen told EastIdahoNews.com
“I don’t think we’re any closer than what we were two weeks ago … (and) time is always of the essence in any case, especially something like this.” Hagen also addressed rumors that this is all related to a child custody battle. “That’s what they claim, but we have proved that there is no active custody battle,” Hagen said. (KSL News)
30 Dec 2019
– LE releases statement: “We know that the children are not with Lori and Chad Daybell, and we also have information indicating that Lori knows either the location of the children or what has happened to them,” the release says. “Despite having this knowledge, she has refused to work with law enforcement to help us resolve this matter. It is astonishing that rather than work with law enforcement to help us locate her own children, Lori Vallow has chosen instead to leave the state with her new husband.” Rexburg Police Department
30 Dec 2019
– Rexburg PD says Lori told witnesses Tylee died a year before the death of her father Joseph Ryan - which is false. This happened weeks after Tammy Daybell’s death. Police say Chad Daybell also said Lori had no minor children.
30 Dec 2019
– Actress Valentina and filmmaker Devin K Hansen say they have not heard from Chad since Sept 23, 2019 and that the project to make his book into a movie is officially canceled (Fox13).
3 Jan 2020
– Lori’s oldest son CR speaks out on Good Morning America
saying he has “absolutely no idea” where his siblings are. He says he is in the dark like everyone else and just praying that they are safe somewhere. (GMA Video).
3 Jan 2020
– FBI and local LE search the Daybell’s home at 202 North 1900 East, Rexburg, ID. Fremont Co Sheriff Len Humphries says they have “sufficient probable cause to get a search warrant for the home. Officers are searching for forensic evidence such as blood or chemicals, which might shed some light on the Daybell case.” (East Idaho News).
3 Jan 2020
- Officers spend time in the Daybell home and search a shed on the property. At one point, they used metal detectors, probes and rakes to go over several portions of the yard (East Idaho News).
3 Jan 2020
- FBI spokeswoman Sandra Yi Barker confirms that the FBI is assisting with the case. “We were contacted by Rexburg Police on Nov. 27,” Barker said. “I won’t get into details but we are offering investigative, forensic and technical assistance in Idaho and Utah. Today, members of our Evidence Response Team are in Rexburg assisting with evidence collection. Our victim specialist has also been made available to the families of Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan.”
3 Jan 2020
- LE concluded the search at the Daybell property. Detectives wrapped up at the home and finished serving the search warrant Fri evening. They released the home to Chad Daybell's adult children, who Sheriff Humphries said currently live in the house. The sheriff would not specify what was found in the search, but described it as “evidence” and “primarily about Tammy." “The evidence collected today will be sent off for examination by experts,” said Sheriff Len Humphries of Fremont County, Idaho, adding it could take months to process.
(KMVT News, Fox13 Salt Lake City).
3 Jan 2020
- Sheriff Len Humphries says they believe the death of Tammy is related to the missing children. "Those are the two pieces of this," he said. "And how they're related we're not quite sure, but we do believe they are related." He said Chad and Lori refuse to speak to law enforcement and have left the state. He said a lawyer reached out to them weeks ago, saying he was the point of contact for the couple. "We do think they've left Idaho," Sheriff Humphries said. "But that's about all." (Fox 13 Salt Lake City).
3 Jan 2020
- FOX 10 Phoenix releases disturbing court paperwork from Feb 2019 when CV initially filed for divorce from Lori. Charles eventually dropped the divorce case in March 2019; In the divorce documents it says Lori claimed she was married to the Book of Mormon prophet Moroni and that she had lived multiple past lives on different planets. Lori also believes she was married to James the Just and was Mary French in the 1800’s, the grandmother of Joseph Smith, Jr. She also claims to be “a translated being” that cannot die and that she was sent to lead the 144,000 into the new millennium.
3 Jan 2020
– Fox 10 Phoenix interviews CV’s older son on the phone; he asks his name not to be published and says, "I'm terrified for JJ. I’m terrified for Tylee," "I’m terrified for everyone surrounding them and their safety. I’m terrified for my family’s safety."
4 Jan 2020 –
A neighbor of Lori in Rexburg, SB, speaks to Fox13 Salt Lake City. "It's crazy. Just baffling," JJ, often played with SB’s kids. A couple weeks into the school year, he said he learned JJ was moving. "What we were told... he was going to move with his grandmother, go visit," Rexburg Police have since said that didn't happen (Fox13 Salt Lake City).
– Lori told CV that she believes July 2020 is the date of the second coming of Christ; In Jan 2019 Lori allegedly threatened to murder CV if he stood in the way of her preparing for this date. (Fox10 Phoenix, divorce records)
Note: If a specific source is not noted in brackets above, then there are likely multiple news sources reporting the same info. See links below.
Mainstream Media & LE Source Links:
The Daily Herald from Provo, Utah on May 11, 1986 · 22
The Springville Herald from Springville, Utah on November 20, 1985 · 8
LDS author uses the past to influence the future in new book - The Daily Universe
'Paradise' lost book battle
Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight
Police seek help locating 2 endangered children, disappearance may be tied to death investigation - Local News 8
Police: Two missing Idaho kids last seen in September
Police seeking couple for questioning in Rexburg children’s disappearance and deaths of former spouses
Police release photos of mother, stepdad who are now 'persons of interest' in connection to children's disappearance | East Idaho News
Idaho police hunt for two children missing after mom marries man shortly after former wife dies | Daily Mail Online
2 missing kids, parents wanted: What the FBI, several law enforcement agencies are investigating
Family members say mother of missing children in Rexburg joined a dangerous cult with new husband
Family of missing children say mother Lori Vallow 'joined cult' | Daily Mail Online
Parents of missing Rexburg children issue statement, attorney says they are ‘loving’ and ‘devoted’ | East Idaho News
Timeline: Missing kids, newlywed parents and suspicious deaths
As search continues for missing children, family expresses fading optimism
'Investigations need facts, not more rumors': Investigators continue the search for missing Idaho kids
Friend of man wanted for questioning by FBI 'horrified' over missing children
‘This is really, really tough for us’: Brother of missing children speaks
Aunt Of Missing Idaho Kids Reveals Their Mom & Stepdad's Involvement In Secret 'Cult'
Former friend of missing woman, kids speaks of her complicated marital past, with two husbands dead
Man on the run with new wife was kicked out of the Mormon church for declaring himself a prophet | Daily Mail Online
Search continues for children as family hires attorney
Parents of missing cult kids issue statement calling themselves 'loving' and 'devoted' | Daily Mail Online
Chad Daybell had a “vision” his wife Tammy would die, friend says
Doomsday Writer’s Friend Says He Prophesied Wife’s Mysterious Death
Despite hundreds of tips, investigators say they’re no closer to finding missing Rexburg kids
Grandmother of missing Idaho boy is praying for him and his sister. Here’s what we know so far
Rexburg Police Department
Mother of missing kids knows where they are or what happened to them, police say | East Idaho News
Tammy Daybell reported a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun 10 days before her 'suspicious' death | East Idaho News
Missing Idaho children: Film adaptation of stepfather’s book canceled as search for children continues
How a Gilbert drive-by shooting is tied to the Idaho missing children
Idaho Police: Mother knows whereabouts of 2 missing children
Grandparents Of One Of Missing Rexburg Children Speak Out
Police issue stark warning to mom of missing Idaho children
Police, FBI serve search warrant at Daybell home
Police conclude search at Daybell home | East Idaho News
Documents: Lori Vallow claims she was 'god preparing for second coming of Christ'
LATEST: Possible evidence found in search of missing Rexburg kids
Police conclude search at Daybell home | East Idaho News
Missing Idaho children’s mom fled the night before FBI raided home, neighbor says
Police issue search warrant at Chad Daybell's home