ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Foot in the Grave - Behind the Scenes
It is hard to write a whole lot about the "Behind the Scenes" of "One Foot in the Grave" because the entire book is a peek at cemetery life. Here's some facts I don't reveal in the book, though.

I was the cemetery sexton for the city of Springville, Utah, from December 1995 to April 2000. I also worked at the cemetery part-time from August 1989 to August 1991, at which time went into the newspaper business for a few years as a reporter and editor. After a few years of grueling schedules and deadline pressures, I decided that digging graves was more enjoyable. So when the previous sexton retired, I jumped at the chance to replace him.

The stories in the book actually happened, and the names are all accurate except for two or three people who still visit the cemetery every day. I altered their names to protect them from embarrassment. I will soon begin heavily promoting the book as Halloween approaches. The one place I won't be promoting it is in Springville itself. I still live in Springville, and frankly, my neighbors might not find the book as funny as everyone else does.

A later version includes this tidbit as well on this page.

Here's a story that was in the first draft of the book, but for whatever reason it got trimmed out. I like it, though, even though it brings back bad memories. I call it: "Two strikes is enough."
I didn’t start working at the cemetery until I was out of high school, but my friends and I took dates there twice. Both turned out memorably.
The first one was after a school dance, and for some reason my friend Mark pulled into the cemetery. We got out of the car for a minute, but we didn’t get nervous -- until a police car came squealing up behind us.
The cop really raked Mark over the coals. The cop made us feel as if we’d broken every law on the books. The fun was over and we took our dates home. But six months later I tried it with another batch of friends, with even less success.
It was a triple date, and when we parked the car the three guys hopped out of the car and ran off through the cemetery, leaving the girls behind. The girls screamed a bit at being left alone, but then one of them wisely slid over into the driver’s seat and drove away! That wasn’t what we’d planned.
The girls eventually came back for us after a stop at a convenience store where they told everyone what they’d done. But even worse, as I saw the girls drive off, I started running after the car. Bad mistake. I failed to see a three-foot-high sprinkler pipe in my path, but my crotch didn’t fail to miss it. Yeow!
I had barely begun to recover when the girls returned a few minutes later. (Of course, my friends thought my little accident was hilarious.) In my mind, that was two strikes on cemetery dates, and I never had the courage to find out what a third date there would bring. Strike three would likely kill me.

It is hard to write a whole lot about the "Behind the Scenes" of "One Foot in the Grave" because the entire book is a peek at cemetery life. Here's some facts I don't reveal in the book, though.

I was the cemetery sexton for the city of Springville, Utah, from December 1995 to April 2000. I also worked at the cemetery part-time from August 1989 to August 1991, at which time went into the newspaper business for a few years as a reporter and editor. After a few years of grueling schedules and deadline pressures, I decided that digging graves was more enjoyable. So when the previous sexton retired, I jumped at the chance to replace him.

The stories in the book actually happened, and the names are all accurate except for two or three people who still visit the cemetery every day. I altered their names to protect them from embarrassment. I will soon begin heavily promoting the book as Halloween approaches. The one place I won't be promoting it is in Springville itself. I still live in Springville, and frankly, my neighbors might not find the book as funny as everyone else does.

A later version includes this tidbit as well on this page.

Here's a story that was in the first draft of the book, but for whatever reason it got trimmed out. I like it, though, even though it brings back bad memories. I call it: "Two strikes is enough."
I didn’t start working at the cemetery until I was out of high school, but my friends and I took dates there twice. Both turned out memorably.
The first one was after a school dance, and for some reason my friend Mark pulled into the cemetery. We got out of the car for a minute, but we didn’t get nervous -- until a police car came squealing up behind us.
The cop really raked Mark over the coals. The cop made us feel as if we’d broken every law on the books. The fun was over and we took our dates home. But six months later I tried it with another batch of friends, with even less success.
It was a triple date, and when we parked the car the three guys hopped out of the car and ran off through the cemetery, leaving the girls behind. The girls screamed a bit at being left alone, but then one of them wisely slid over into the driver’s seat and drove away! That wasn’t what we’d planned.
The girls eventually came back for us after a stop at a convenience store where they told everyone what they’d done. But even worse, as I saw the girls drive off, I started running after the car. Bad mistake. I failed to see a three-foot-high sprinkler pipe in my path, but my crotch didn’t fail to miss it. Yeow!
I had barely begun to recover when the girls returned a few minutes later. (Of course, my friends thought my little accident was hilarious.) In my mind, that was two strikes on cemetery dates, and I never had the courage to find out what a third date there would bring. Strike three would likely kill me.

New Podcast – Chad Daybell

December 27, 2019

We would like to announce our new podcast, Eyes Open. This channel will focus on current events and hopefully reach a broader audience. In the most recent episode, Julie explains what she sees related to Chad Daybell.

New Podcast – Chad Daybell

Feb 2019 -- Chad Daybell wrote the following forward for Melanie Gibb's book:

Forward

From the moment I first met Melanie Gibb in the summer of 2017, I knew there was a burning passion within her to help others understand who they are, and that Jesus Christ truly loves them. I had just given an evening presentation to around 200 people at a campout in northern Utah when Melanie came up to me at the podium and started talking like we were old friends. I distinctly remember that she spoke energetically and with that charming Southern accent. She told me a bit about herself and that she loved to testify of Christ. Melanie told me if I ever got the chance, I should speak in her hometown of Mesa, Arizona. I told her I would like to do that someday, and she gave me a farewell hug. Then she and her friends walked off into the darkness, and I loaded up my truck for a long drive home to Idaho that night. Fast forward one year to June 2018. I had just finished writing my Times of Turmoil series, and I felt a strong impression to speak in Arizona about my novels. I had been to Phoenix only once before, nearly 15 years earlier, and I didn’t have a clue of how to arrange a speaking event there. Then a voice told me, “Contact Melanie Gibb.” I quickly remembered the energetic woman who had testified of Christ at the camp the previous year, and I knew if anyone could help me, she could. I got her cell number from a mutual friend, and soon we were chatting. I explained that I felt I should speak in the Phoenix area sometime in July. She laughed and said it would be blistering hot, but I somehow convinced her to see what we could do. To my delight, she called me back the next day with the idea of a combined speaking event with Arizona author Jason Mow. I thought it was a great idea, and Melanie jumped right to work to make it happen. Within a couple of days she had arranged the venue and was so helpful in every way. I greatly appreciated her generosity and positive attitude from start to finish. We had a good turnout for the presentation, and many important friendships were made that night. On the day of the event, Melanie and another friend picked me up at my hotel, and we had an enjoyable early dinner together where she told me more about the amazing journey she has been on throughout her life. It was somewhat of a surprise to realize this upbeat, happy woman had endured so many trials and seemingly endless obstacles. How did she keep a smile on her face? Then I realized it all revolved around her love for Jesus Christ. Melanie had truly been born again through the Savior. In January 2019 I had the privilege to be a guest on the new podcast that Jason Mow is hosting titled “Time To Warrior Up.” Melanie is one of the co-hosts, and we had a wonderful time recording those episodes. I have come to understand that she is a powerful warrior in her own right, and that her true gift is helping people understand their true worth as sons and daughters of God. She is spreading that message and allowing others to “feel the fire” of a burning testimony of the gospel. This book is filled with poignant, unforgettable stories from Melanie’s life that will stick with you long after you have finished the book. She is one of those wonderful people who come into our lives like a pleasant summer breeze that refreshes our souls. I’m so grateful for her example of kindness and generosity, and I know these traits will continue to expand in her life. Thank you, Melanie, for writing this book. - Chad Daybell February 2019 Gibb.

Feel The Fire – by Melanie Gibb

Chad Daybell spoke at an event Feb 16, 2019 in Rexburg ID:

216996_phpslN1eY.jpeg

This Boise Area Preparing A People Event is an opportunity to gather with like-minded Christians who care about our future. It is not fear-based, but faith-based with 10 exciting speakers coming from Arizona (2 Dean Sessions www.UniversalModel.com, Melanie Gibb 'Time to Warrior Up Podcast'), San Diego, Calif. (Rachael Dixon 'She's Awake Podcast'), Utah (2-Rod Meldrum Heartlandevents.org Is For Sale, Mike Simpson www.RecipeforMiracles.com, Hector Sosa 'A Change Is Coming), and Idaho (2-Chad Daybell www.SpringcreekBooks.com, Lisa Stokes 'Dreams & Visions').

Preparing a People Event Boise ID. Greater Area (Middleton, ID)

In Sept 2018 Chad Daybell started speaking on a paid podcast called
"Glimpses Through the Veil" with the Preparing A People website.

Chad Daybell was also listed to speak on the schedule for PAP events happening:
Sept 15 in Brigham City, Utah*
Oct 26-27 in St George, Utah*
Nov 16-17 in Mesa, AZ*

upload_2019-12-28_15-43-12.png

https://www.colormymedia.com/

*Note it's unclear from the flyer images/website link if these events happened in 2018 or 2019. However, the PAP website owners made a statement saying Daybell's last Speaking engagement for PAP was in Feb 2019: https://www.preparingapeople.com/
This seems to indicate above dates are 2018.

Last edited:
Statement made by Preparing A People and Color My Media:

Statement on Recent News Events

December, 26, 2019

*We are a small multi-media company (Color My Media) that has provided services to a variety of clients for about 7 years. "Preparing A People" was a series of lecture events focusing on self-reliance and personal preparation. These provided several LDS speakers and authors an educational forum. Associated with these events were podcasts, videos and websites used to advertise and distribute some of their content.

*Chad Daybell was an author and began publishing books over 20 years ago under the name of "Spring Creek Book Company." He spoke at some of the "Preparing A People" events, but had no ownership in it, nor was he a founder. Mr. Daybell was simply one of many speakers at the events. His last speaking engagement was back in February of 2019, in Boise, Idaho. Like all of our speakers, we helped promote the events by interviewing and podcasting interviews with our speakers, including, but in no way exclusively to, Mr. Daybell.

*The majority of our work in 2019 has been contract video editing working for other companies. This has nothing to do with Mr. Daybell.

*We decided in early Spring of 2019 to close out our Preparing A People commitments and moved back to Utah from Rexburg, Idaho to work with clients based in the Utah area, which has always been the bulk of our work. None of this had anything to do with Mr.Daybell.

*While out of the country on a family trip, we were deeply saddened to learn of the sudden death of Tammy Daybell, the wife of Mr. Daybell.

We, Michael and Nancy James, own Color My Media, and the Preparing A People website and again, for clarity, Mr. Daybell had no ownership or founding interest in any of our businesses. We were shocked by the reports about Mr. Daybell and the missing children. Like everyone, we are deeply disturbed over media reports involving Mr. Daybell and his new wife Lori Vallow and her 2 missing children. Lori Vallow appeared on some podcasts submitted by our podcast network partners. We learned of the missing children Fri. Dec. 20, 2019. along with everyone else via news articles.

In light of concerning media reports and ongoing criminal investigations regarding the recent death of Lori Vallow's previous husband in Arizona, and the sudden death of Mr. Daybell's previous wife in Idaho, along with the unknown whereabouts of Chad and Lori, we feel it inappropriate to represent or promote any media content that featured or contained references to either Chad Daybell or Lori Vallow.

We are cooperating with law enforcement, and ask anybody who has information that could assist investigators in Arizona or Idaho to please contact them. We ask for prayers on behalf of the missing kids and ask that the truth of whatever happened will be brought to light soon.

We are also amazed at the lack of journalistic standards by several news sources. "Preparing A People" is part of a media company that films speakers on a variety of topics not affiliated with any specific religion. It is not a "group" and is not a "Cult" or something people join, but has educational lecture events that can be attended or watched on video. We have provided multi-media services for a wide variety of other events and clients. Mr. Daybell did not start, own or control any part of our media company. He, nor any speaker, was paid to speak at our events. We also do not share any of Chad Daybell's or Lori Vallow's beliefs if they are contrary to Christian principles of honesty, integrity and truth, or if they do not align with the doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Michael & Nancy James

Color My Media & Preparing A People

https://www.preparingapeople.com/

Chad Daybell spoke at an event Feb 16, 2019 in Rexburg ID:

216996_phpslN1eY.jpeg

This Boise Area Preparing A People Event is an opportunity to gather with like-minded Christians who care about our future. It is not fear-based, but faith-based with 10 exciting speakers coming from Arizona (2 Dean Sessions www.UniversalModel.com, Melanie Gibb 'Time to Warrior Up Podcast'), San Diego, Calif. (Rachael Dixon 'She's Awake Podcast'), Utah (2-Rod Meldrum Heartlandevents.org Is For Sale, Mike Simpson www.RecipeforMiracles.com, Hector Sosa 'A Change Is Coming), and Idaho (2-Chad Daybell www.SpringcreekBooks.com, Lisa Stokes 'Dreams & Visions').

Preparing a People Event Boise ID. Greater Area (Middleton, ID)

More links advertising the Feb 16, 2019 Event, with speaker info:

Event details

Consider attending this all day “first time” Preparing a People Event in Boise, Idaho on February 16, 2019.

Speakers and topics are:
Mike Simpson.....The Recipe for Miracles
Dean Sessions....Self-Evident Science: Universal Model
Rod Meldrum.......North America Research
Chad Daybell.......Glimpses through the Veil
Rachael Dixon......Personal Call for Zion
Hector Sosa, Jr....A Change is Coming
Melanie Gibb .......Born of God~Feel the Fire
Lisa Stokes...........Dreams for Our Day
Mike & Nancy James...Preparing a People Future Projects

The event will be held at: The Millcreek Elementary School 500 North Middleton Road Middleton, Idaho Tickets may be purchased in advance for the event at: https://www.preparingapeople.com/ Listen/watch to the first four minutes of the following Preparing A People podcast as Mike & Nancy James tell of the Boise event and of each speaker.

Acknowledging local request for a question & answer fireside, Hector Sosa, Jr granted that request for the date of February 15, 2019, the Friday evening before event on Saturday. The fireside will be held at the same location at 6:30 p.m.

Notes on the speakers:
Chad Daybell

When Chad Daybell was 17 years old, he had a near-death experience while cliff jumping. He crossed into another dimension and realized there was a world beyond this one.

A second near-death experience in his early 20s was much more in depth. He was hit by a monstrous wave at La Jolla Cove in California. While his body was being tossed by waves, his spirit was visiting with his grandfather, who showed him future events involving his still-unborn children. This accident caused his “veil” that separates mortal life from the Spirit World to stay partially open, so he often feels as if he has a foot in both worlds.

Mike Simpson
Mike Simpson owns a holistic rehabilitation center in Sandy, Utah. His center specializes in resolving issues such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, insomnia, addiction, and chronic aches and pains. They combine science, technology and hypnosis and specialize in getting to the root of any problem in the subconscious mind. See what our clients have to say! Come in to one of our free open houses and learn more about why we are getting such amazing, chemical-free results! Mike Simpson is a board-certified omni hypnotist with 20-years of experience and has been practicing since 1997. He is a card-carrying member of the National Guild of Hypnotists, with 3 certifications in neuro linguistic programming, and has established a reputation of having an uncanny ability to resolve deep-seated unconscious issues with his clients. The issues he helps range from depression and anxiety to physical ailments, such as allergies, asthma, and other psychosomatic issues.

Rod Melstrom
Rod L. Meldrum is a researcher, author, and national lecturer on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, with an emphasis on the scriptural and physical evidences recently discovered indicating North America as the most likely location where its epic history played out.

Dean Sessions
Dean will speak on Newly discovered scientific truths in the Universal Model which have revealed long-hidden natural laws that explain Nature’s workings in an easily comprehensible format. Dean invites all to explore and experience the adventure of learning by investigating new discoveries about the Earth and our Universe found in the UM. These scientific truths establish a New Millennial Science destined to take us through the current millennium to heights of knowledge and discovery never before imagined.

Hector Sosa, Jr.
Hector Sosa, Jr. was born in Puerto Rico. He began having visions of future events as a young boy, a gift he inherited from his mother. Among the events he has foreseen are: • Earthquakes in Utah • A national financial collapse • Plagues and sicknesses • Concentration camps on U.S. soil • An invasion from foreign troops • The Saints prevail against the enemy

Melanie Gibb
Melanie has teamed up with Jason Mow and both are working with Color My Media to create a series of podcast.

Rachel Dixon
Rachel has a series of podcasts focused on making spiritual shifts in our lives and discovering Devine truth, purpose, and passion within ourselves.

Lisa Stokes
Lisa Stokes assists others in enhancing their spiritual gifts and is instrumental in setting up PAP events.

Feb 16 · Near Death Experiences, Dreams of Future Events, Overcoming Disappointments — Nextdoor

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A SWEETHEART OF A DEAL! Bring your Valentine for a Getaway Weekend, and Enjoy President's Day too!

WHEN: Fri Feb. 15, 2019 7-9 p.m.
Sat. Feb. 16, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Price: $30 for Venue, Travel
Multiple tickets only $25!

WHERE: Millcreek Elementary School ~ 500 N. Middleton Rd. Middleton, ID. 83644

LUNCH: There may be 2-3 Food Trucks coming to the School, and in town is a Subway, Taco Shop, and a Chinese place, but most the food options are about 15 minutes away in Caldwell.

DINNER OPTION: Chuckwagon Dinner will be offered for anyone that pre-pays. BBQ Chicken, Cheesy Potatoes, Glazed Carrots and Salad are on the menu.

This Preparing A People Event starts Friday Feb. 15 with a FREE FIRESIDE for the public starting at 7 p.m. with Guest Hector Sosa. He will have a Question and Answer Session too, which has been of great interest!

Then, all day Saturday, February 16, 2019 we start checking in from 8-8:30 a.m. and visiting speaker's booths etc.

Event begins at 9 a.m. Speakers include Rod Meldrum, Dean Sessions, Chad Daybell, Mike Simpson, Hector Sosa Jr., Rachael Dixon, Melanie Gibb, Lisa Stokes, & Michael & Nancy James. Lisa is our surprise speaker people are excited about! She spoke at the Dreams & Visions Workshop. Her Dreams & Visions Course is FREE at www.LDSFamilyMedia.com when you become a site member. It's a Hub for Heavenward Media Content.

*WE PLEASE ASK ALL PARTICIPANTS: DO NOT WEAR ANY PERFUMES because Hector and several others volunteering and attending cannot handle strong smells, and have serious allergies.

THANK YOU!

Buy tickets for Boise Idaho Preparing A People Event at MIllcreek Elementary School, Sat 16 February 2019

Timeline of Joshua and Tylee's disappearance

July 11: Lori Vallow's husband, Charles Vallow, killed in self-defense by her brother, Alex Cox, in Arizona following an argument between the three people

August: The last time Joshua's grandparents, Kay and Larry Woodcock, said they saw the boy via FaceTime

August: September: Lori moved children Joshua and Tylee to Rexburg, Idaho

September 23: The last time Joshua was seen at his school in Idaho

October: Activity found on a Venmo account that may belong to Tylee

October 19: Chad Daybell's wife, Tammy Daybell, dies at their home in Rexburg. Officials rule her death to be of natural causes

October 22: Tammy is buried in Springville, Utah

Late October: Lori and Chad get married

November 26: Out-of-state relatives ask Idaho police to perform a welfare check on Joshua. Lori and Chad claim he is in Arizona with a family friend. Police also learn Tylee has not been seen since September, either

November 27: Police execute a search warrant at Lori and Chad's home, discovering the couple have fled the city

December 11: Tammy Daybell's body is exhumed from the Utah cemetary

December 12: Lori's brother, Alex Cox, believed to have died in Arizona

Family of missing children say mother Lori Vallow 'joined cult' | Daily Mail Online

Doomsday Writer’s Friend Says He Prophesied Wife’s Mysterious Death

Dec. 28, 2019

Idaho author Chad Daybell, who wrote a series of doomsday books for Mormon readers, confided in a friend that he had visions his first wife would die. “Angels had told him that he was going to lose Tammy,” Julie Rowe told a local TV station this week.

Tammy did end up dead—and now Daybell is at the center of a tangled mystery that includes the exhumation of her body, an investigation into two missing children, and questions about the deaths of his second wife’s husband and brother.

[...]

Vallow and Daybell were members of an organization called Preparing a People that says its goal is to “help prepare the people of this earth for the second coming of Jesus Christ.” Vallow’s extended family members told East Idaho News that they felt the group was a cult. “I don’t want to attack anyone’s beliefs,” Brandon Boudreaux, a relative of Vallow’s said. “But when you look at the fruit that’s come from this group and its beliefs … it certainly, from my mind, doesn’t come from God.”

Preparing a People founders Michael and Nancy James deny the group is a cult or represents a specific religion. They have removed references to the couple, both contributors, from their website.

“We considered Chad Daybell a good friend, but have since learned of things we had no idea about,” they wrote. “We recently learned of Chad's new marriage to Lori Vallow a couple weeks after Tammy Daybell died... We did not know Lori as well as we thought we knew Chad.”

Rowe was also a Preparing a People member—and a close friend of Daybell’s since he published her book on a near-death experience at the publishing house he founded with his first wife. She said Daybell told her he wanted to get out of the publishing business but that Tammy did not.

“He said I’m ready to get out and Tammy doesn’t want to get out,” Daybell told Rowe, according to local media reports. “When she passes, I’m done, I can’t keep doing this.”

Rowe, who said she is using her own visions to try to send messages to Daybell, insists the missing children are safe. “I do know the kids are safe. I can see them,” she said. “I can see their energy and that they’re in a bright house.”

Police aren’t so sure.

Doomsday Writer’s Friend Says He Prophesied Wife’s Mysterious Death

Chad Daybell had a “vision” his wife Tammy would die, friend says

December 27, 2019

Julie Rowe believes in energy and talking with angels.

Rowe said both she and Chad Daybell had a vision where angels told them Daybell’s wife, Tammy would die.

“He would never hurt a child, he’s raised five beautiful amazing kids that I love like my own and he would never hurt Tammy,” said Rowe.

Daybell and Rowe first met each other in 2014 when Daybell helped publish Rowe’s book about a near-death experience she had in 2004.

“God brought us together,” said Rowe.

The two became good friends, and Rowe said she would visit the Daybell’s in their Springville, Utah home “dozens of times.”

There was a three year period of time where Rowe would visit Daybell and his wife in their Rexburg home at least once a month.

Daybell and Rowe often talked about a vision they both had years ago where angels told them Tammy would die.

“He was emotionally distraught, he was crying and he said that his angels had told him that he was going to lose Tammy,” said Rowe.

Dec 27, 2019

[...]

After her ex-communication from the Church, Rowe said they distanced themselves from each other.

Three weeks before Tammy’s death, Rowe and Daybell called each other.

“And I asked him, do you still see Tammy dying? And he said yes I do,” said Rowe.

Tammy was in charge of the finances and covers for Daybell’s books. Rowe said Daybell wanted to get out of the business, but Tammy wanted to keep going.

“He said I’m ready to get out now and Tammy doesn’t want to get out. When she passes, I’m done, I can’t keep doing this,” said Rowe.

Now, Rowe hasn’t heard from Daybell and any of his children—she has not reached out to Daybell himself, but his daughter has not responded to her texts.

Rowe has never met Daybell’s new wife, Lori Vallow, but can vouch for Daybell’s character.

Not knowing were the kids and Daybell are, Rowe said she relies on her visions for comfort—she believes the kids are alive.

“I do know the kids are safe. I can see them,” said Rowe. “I can see their energy and that they’re in a bright house. I can see they’re in the living room where they are. I can see they’re comfortable bed at night.”

Despite hundreds of tips, investigators say they’re no closer to finding missing Rexburg kids

Dec 28th, 2019

REXBURG, Idaho — Investigators have received hundreds of possible tips regarding the location of 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan.

“I don’t think we’re any closer than what we were two weeks ago … (and) time is always of the essence in any case, especially something like this,” Rexburg Police Capt. Gary Hagen told EastIdahoNews.com on Friday.

The tips have been coming in from all across the country since the kids’ disappearance was announced last Friday. Hagen says he has a team of eight officers that spend a great deal of time following up and coordinating checks on the credible tips they receive.

The department also continues to have regular meetings with the FBI’s Salt Lake City office, the Fremont County Sheriff’s office, and police in the Arizona cities of Chandler and Gilbert. They are interviewing family and friends, following leads and they continue to monitor the situation.

“Every investigative tool out there, we’ve been using,” Hagen said. “Right now, we’re just actively seeking those kids and doing follow-ups with all those tips that have been pouring in. Maybe we have a tip in the pile that we are going through and something in five minutes will break.”

Joshua and Taylee have been missing since September, and their mother, Lori Daybell, and stepfather, Chad Daybell, are refusing to cooperate with police in their attempts to speak with the children to perform a welfare check.

Read More: Despite hundreds of tips, investigators say they’re no closer to finding missing Rexburg kids

Parents of 2 missing Idaho children issue statement after being named as persons of interest
By Associated Press Dec 27, 2019

REXBURG, Idaho — The parents named as persons of interest in their children’s disappearance in Idaho issued a statement Monday through an attorney, saying they love their son and daughter and look forward to addressing “allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor.”

Joshua Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, have not been seen since September, police say. The search for the children began in November when police tried to do a welfare check on the 7-year-old boy after a relative called because they hadn’t talked to him since September. The boy was adopted and has special needs.

Rexburg police say the parents, Chad and Lori Daybell, never reported the kids missing, have repeatedly lied about where their children are — initially saying the boy was in Arizona — and aren’t cooperating with the investigation.

The couple had disappeared from their Rexburg home when police returned with additional questions and search warrants.

Police say it appeared the Daybells abruptly left the house and city. They said they don’t believe the couple had the children with them. How the couple left the city is unclear.

Read More: Parents of 2 missing Idaho children issue statement after being named as persons of interest

Police say time is running out in case of missing siblings

Posted 11:25 am, December 28, 2019

Idaho police say they are worried time is running out in the case of two children who have been missing since September.

“We are trying to be so urgent with it. Time is just slipping, slipping away,” Rexburg, Idaho Assistant Police Chief Gary Hagen said.

Police are looking to question Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow after her children — 7-year-old Joshua Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan — were reported missing and his previous wife was found dead. The couple “abruptly” left their home when police arrived to serve a search warrant last month.

Hagen said they aren’t calling Daybell and Vallow suspects. They just want to be assured the children are safe.

“Every week or two weeks has been something new that just sinks your heart through your stomach,” Joshua and Tylee’s older brother Colby Ryan told CNN affiliate KSTU. “This has been horrible. This has been so consistent for us.”

Hagen’s 35-member police department has been working round the clock through the holidays along with Salt Lake City FBI, the Fremont County Idaho Sheriff’s office, and police in both the cities of Chandler and Gilbert, Arizona interviewing family and friends looking for leads, holding regular conference calls to share information.

Police say time is running out in case of missing siblings

Grandmother of missing Idaho boy is praying for him and his sister. Here’s what we know so far

December 28, 2019

The mysterious disappearance of two children in Idaho has left family and authorities pleading for their safe return and asking why the siblings haven’t been seen in months.

Police reported that Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan were missing. Their mother and stepfather are also missing and police want to question them about the children’s whereabouts.

JJ’s grandmother says she prays the children are alive.

Kay Vallow Woodcock told CNN on Friday that the family has no indication about their wellbeing, and there are “some days where we hardly function because we’re just fearing the worst.”

[...]

What we don’t know
In the search for the brother and sister — and their mother and stepfather — more questions have arisen.

A week after police requested the public’s help finding Vallow and Daybell for questioning, it is still not clear where the couple went.

An attorney for the family says he is in contact with them, but does not have information regarding the whereabouts or welfare of the children, according to East Idaho News.

“Chad Daybell was a loving husband and has the support of his children in this matter. Lori Daybell is a devoted mother and resents assertions to the contrary,” Attorney Sean Bartholick told the outlet. “We look forward to addressing the allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor.”

CNN has reached out to Bartholick for comment.

There are also remaining questions over the death of Daybell’s previous wife. Authorities initially thought her death was from natural causes, but they have since deemed her death suspicious and exhumed her remains on December 11.

Also unclear is the couple’s relationship to a website called “Preparing a People.”

Chad Daybell was linked to the website, which describes itself as “a series of lecture events focusing on self-reliance and personal preparation” featuring several Latter-Day Saints speakers.

Publishers of the site, Michael and Nancy James, released a statement Thursday emphasizing that while Daybell, and to a lesser extent Vallow, were featured in the series, neither was an owner nor a founder.

Michael and Nancy James did decide to pull content featuring either Daybell or Vallow in light of Tammy Daybell’s death and the disappearance of the children.

Grandmother of missing Idaho boy is praying for him and his sister. Here’s what we know so far

Missing children have possible ties to 2 deaths and people with 'cult-like' beliefs

Dec. 27, 2019 |

Two missing children who have captured national attention since disappearing in Idaho may be tied to ongoing police investigations in Arizona.

Tylee Ryan, 17, and Joshua Vallow, 7, were last seen in Rexburg, Idaho, on Sept. 23. Rexburg police are investigating the disappearance of the children, with the assistance of the FBI.

The children's mother, Lori Vallow, and her current husband, Chad Daybell, are not cooperating with police. They both previously were married to people whose deaths are under investigation.

In social media posts and media interviews, family and friends of the couple have described Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell's religious beliefs as cult-like and troubling, saying they spoke frequently of the end of the world.

Here's how the case ties to Arizona: Vallow's estranged former husband, Charles Vallow, was killed in Chandler in July. Charles Vallow, 62, came from Texas to visit Lori Vallow and their children. But after he arrived to pick up his son, Charles and Lori Vallow started arguing.

Lori Vallow's brother, Alex Cox, intervened and killed Charles Vallow, police said at the time.

The investigation into Charles Vallow's death is ongoing, Detective Seth Tyler of the Chandler Police Department said Friday.

This month, on Dec. 12, Cox himself died. The cause of death is unknown at this time, Gilbert Police Officer Dani Covey told The Arizona Republic on Friday. The investigation is pending the results of an autopsy, which could take a few weeks or months, Covey said.

It's not known how or if the two cases relate directly to the two missing children.

But it appears the children lived, at least for a time, in Arizona. And, when initially questioned about Joshua Vallow's whereabouts, Rexburg police were told he was staying with a family friend in Arizona, which ended up being false.

[...]

Focused on end of the world?
Friends and family members have spoken out in the media with their concerns over Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell's religious beliefs and focus on the end of the world.

A Facebook post by Kay Woodcock, Joshua's grandmother, says Lori was a "wonderful, loving, attentive mother" until things started changing in the past 18 months because of her involvement with a new religious group, which Woodcock called a "cult."

Chad Daybell, who says on his website that he is Latter-day Saint, has written and self-published more than 25 books, some of which focus on near-death experiences, including Daybell's own. Other books fictionalize the end of the world.

Both Daybell and Vallow were involved in an organization called "Preparing A People," which has said it is "not a 'group' and is not a 'Cult' or something people join" in a posted statement on its website.

Daybell spoke at Preparing A People events and he, along with Vallow, appeared on associated podcasts.

Read More: Missing children have possible ties to 2 deaths and people with 'cult-like' beliefs

28 Dec 2019

REXBURG, Idaho (AP) — Police in Idaho say they’ve made no progress despite receiving hundreds of tips about two missing children whose parents aren’t cooperating with authorities.

The Rexburg Police Department has eight officers who are following leads that have come in from across the country in their search to find Joshua Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, according to the East Idaho News.

The children haven’t been seen since September.

Rexburg police say the parents, Chad and Lori Daybell, are named as persons of interest because they never reported the kids missing, have repeatedly lied about where their children are — initially saying the boy with special needs was in Arizona — and aren’t cooperating with the investigation.

“We just strongly feel that if the mom and dad felt like or if they knew that the kids were safe, they would show proof of it, but we have yet to see anything,” said Rexburg Police Captain Gary Hagen.

No progress despite hundreds of tips on missing Idaho kids

29 Dec 2019

[...]

“Every investigative tool out there, we’ve been using,” Hagen said. “Right now, we’re just actively seeking those kids and doing follow-ups with all those tips that have been pouring in. Maybe we have a tip in the pile that we are going through and something in five minutes will break.”

Joshua and Taylee have been missing since September, and their mother, Lori Daybell, and stepfather, Chad Daybell, are refusing to cooperate with police in their attempts to speak with the children to perform a welfare check.

Although they have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children, no charges have been filed. Hagen says police still simply want to speak to the parents about the whereabouts of Joshua and Taylee.

“We just strongly feel that if the mom and dad felt like or if they knew that the kids were safe, they would show proof of it, but we have yet to see anything,” Hagen said.

The Daybells have retained Rexburg attorney Sean Bartholick, of Rigby, Andrus & Rigby, to act as their spokesman and legal counsel. Hagen confirms local prosecutors are in talks with Bartholick, but the details of those conversations can’t be shared publicly.

Chad and Lori Daybell are believed to have “abruptly left town” in late November without the children. Police are not sure of their whereabouts, although Bartholick says he is in contact with them.

The Daybells have stayed quiet throughout the investigation, only releasing a brief statement to the media through their attorney.

“Chad Daybell was a loving husband and has the support of his children in this matter,” Monday’s statement to EastIdahoNews.com said. “Lori Daybell is a devoted mother and resents assertions to the contrary. We look forward to addressing the allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor.”

On Friday, Hagen did address rumors that cropped up online that this is all related to a child custody battle.

“That’s what they claim, but we have proved that there is no active custody battle,” Hagen said.

Police say the last time anyone saw Joshua and Tylee was in Rexburg in September. The Daybells were last seen Nov. 26.

Read more here: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article238810328.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53