Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just very super curious what forum is showing people's membership records
Well with regards to membership records of Lori...
Flights, church record changes, warrants and more: Events this week that led up to Lori Daybell's arrest | East Idaho News

Pause the video on 0.18 and you'll see what that record looks like to members in the ward where her record is located.

What I saw in another location was the same screenshot that Nate shows in this video, only I saw the actual screenshot, not just a video of the screenshot. However, since this is MSM sourced, then I can show you this.

Go to a Mormon general conference or watch it on TV. Or just hang around the more devout for a while. Not saying you're right or wrong, only saying that the things Chad says aren't as out there in the environment he was in as it feels to someone from outside that environment.
Isn't believing in multiple probations a no-no for mainstream LDS? IIRC JR was excommunicated for that and for practicing energy healing.

To change the topic slightly from the temple sealing speculation discussion. I'm reminded of something that keeps bothering me from Chad's blog posts. Almost every author he signed he first met and communicated with on an unnamed forum or website. Then he describes how he went to the forum member's home and convinced him or her to write books.

Here's one example:

"I visited a website in early 2015 where HS* had shared a few dreams he had experienced throughout his life. More recently he had been having dreams about his family’s future. I read them with interest..."

[...]

"Then one Friday night in January I was talking with my family at home in Springville when the Spirit said, “Go knock on HS’s door right now. He needs to write a book.”

I really hate receiving those kinds of messages. I know how writing a book can change a person’s life completely, for good and bad. I had never met HS or even sent him an email message, but I went to the computer and found his address. I was happy to see he also lived in Springville. At least the Spirit knew it would be a short trip. I was expecting him to live in Provo or even farther.

I grabbed my jacket and told my wife Tammy, “Uh, I need to go tell someone they need to write a book.” She is fortunately accustomed to this kind of thing. She said, “Okay. I’ll see you when you get back.”

It was dark by the time I got to HS’s home. I rang the doorbell, and HS opened the door a bit tentatively. I said, “Hi, I’m Chad Daybell. I publish Julie Rowe’s books. You’ve heard of her, right?”

HS nodded. “Yeah, I’ve read her books.”

“Can I come in for a minute?” I asked. HS graciously allowed me in, and I explained I had read some of his dreams on a website. He shared more details about them, and we really felt like old friends right from the start. I met his wife, who is also named Tammy, and I thought that was a good sign. After an hour and a half, I finally broached the subject of writing a book. HS looked shocked. “Me?” he asked. “Wow, I don’t know.”

I figured that answer was better than “No.” So I explained how I would help assemble it. He soon agreed to do it, and I made sure Tammy was on board as well. They are a great couple, and she has been a huge support every step of the way."

8- Halos and Hector Sosa | cdaybell.com

*Changed name to initials. BBM.

There's something so off about this whole thing but I'm struggling to put my thoughts into words... It's freaky to me that Chad looked up HS's home address, knocked on his door without ever having met him and as a total stranger Chad was let in to talk to HS for an hour and half... And then out of the blue Chad convinces HS to write a book. For one thing, I thought the publishing world usually worked the other way around and authors sought to get themselves published or get a contract to write book. But even putting aside the claim that Chad convinced HS to write a book, I can't make this story match up with any world or culture I have ever lived in. I feel like I'm reading an episode of the twilight zone every time I read this... it seems so.. unreal is the best word I can come up with. Is it just me?

MOO.

Last edited:
I think it mattered to Lori because that is why she believed she was married to Moroni and that Charles was dead and was someone called Ned Schneider. She took all Chad's nonsense on board seriously and it is ultimately what kicked this all off and why Charles is dead, and possibly the others also. She said she was married to Joseph Smith and posters on here have said that Joseph Smith was sealed to several women, so does Chad believe he is Joseph Smith?
AJMO.
Or they were making it all up for money...MOO

Yep. Midlife crisis. Money Grabber. Mix. Explode.
I'll see your midlife crisis blended with money and raise you pathological lying and sociopathic behaviors. But in the end, I agree with you. It will just be a tale as old as time: Aging, plain (sick) man meets flirty, pretty (sick) girl, both with well-insured spouses, one with inconvenient children but a willing brother. Hundreds of lives damaged, some lost, because luvvvers gonna luv.
top both those drinks with a nice swirl of crazy-*advertiser censored* apocalyptic godhood ideation and a sprinkle of doomsday cult leadership, and serv'em up hot! ideally well before they go cold...

To change the topic slightly from the temple sealing speculation discussion. I'm reminded of something that keeps bothering me from Chad's blog posts. Almost every author he signed he first met and communicated with on an unnamed forum or website. Then he describes how he went to the forum member's home and convinced him or her to write books.

Here's one example:

"I visited a website in early 2015 where HS* had shared a few dreams he had experienced throughout his life. More recently he had been having dreams about his family’s future. I read them with interest..."

[...]

"Then one Friday night in January I was talking with my family at home in Springville when the Spirit said, “Go knock on HS’s door right now. He needs to write a book.”

I really hate receiving those kinds of messages. I know how writing a book can change a person’s life completely, for good and bad. I had never met HS or even sent him an email message, but I went to the computer and found his address. I was happy to see he also lived in Springville. At least the Spirit knew it would be a short trip. I was expecting him to live in Provo or even farther.

I grabbed my jacket and told my wife Tammy, “Uh, I need to go tell someone they need to write a book.” She is fortunately accustomed to this kind of thing. She said, “Okay. I’ll see you when you get back.”

It was dark by the time I got to HS’s home. I rang the doorbell, and HS opened the door a bit tentatively. I said, “Hi, I’m Chad Daybell. I publish Julie Rowe’s books. You’ve heard of her, right?”

“Can I come in for a minute?” I asked. HS graciously allowed me in, and I explained I had read some of his dreams on a website. He shared more details about them, and we really felt like old friends right from the start. I met his wife, who is also named Tammy, and I thought that was a good sign. After an hour and a half, I finally broached the subject of writing a book. HS looked shocked. “Me?” he asked. “Wow, I don’t know.”

I figured that answer was better than “No.” So I explained how I would help assemble it. He soon agreed to do it, and I made sure Tammy was on board as well. They are a great couple, and she has been a huge support every step of the way."

There's something so off about this whole thing but I'm struggling to put my thoughts into words... It's freaky to me that Chad looked up HS's home address, knocked on his door without ever having met him and as a total stranger Chad was let in to talk to HS for an hour and half... And then out of the blue Chad convinces HS to write a book. For one thing, I thought the publishing world usually worked the other way around and authors sought to get themselves published or get a contract to write book. But even putting aside the claim that Chad convinced HS to write a book, I can't make this story match up with any world or culture I have ever lived in. I feel like I'm reading an episode of the twilight zone every time I read this... it seems so.. unreal is the best word I can come up with. Is it just me?

MOO.
I'm very familiar with this tactic of his and it's NOT normal. He often talked people into it. He did not often have them come to him. I guess this is his way of soliciting business? It has always creeped me out that of the 4 authors (besides himself) that I know of... 3 of them I know were approached just like this. He hunted them down.

Isn't believing in multiple probations a no-no for mainstream LDS? IIRC JR was excommunicated for that and for practicing energy healing.

I was referring to the generic "prompting" and inspiration claims like Chad's talk to Tammy regarding Farmville as not being that out there. At some point this goes beyond the norm, but that's when the promptings start being things that contradict what the leaders of the church have said their promptings and visions and talks with their diety and such have told them. JR's multiple probations and such would fall in that last category and is the kind of thing that can prompt an excommunication. In reality, suggesting the church is less than perfect in anyway, even if the complaints are common sense and obvious, can result in excommunication if it makes the church look bad. While I don't think Chad has been excommunicated, I'd be amazed if that isn't coming for him, even if it's eventually shown that his only crime here was repeating what Lori told him to say and he knew nothing more.

MOO

IMO all the talk about the temple, Chad and Lori being sealed, etc. is a total smoke screen to hide the fact that ultimately they were just two people who had developed feelings for each other and wanted to have sex, but didn't want to lose their supporters. It's sad that they are using tenets of the religion, especially those that are very sacred to most members, to justify their lust and immaturity.
I think that is a very good point and very true. MOO

@tresir2012
If I remember right she stated in that document that she lived several lives on this world, and several on other worlds, and that she was sealed (which also implies marriage and then some) to Moroni in one life, was Joseph Smith's grandmother, Fanny in another, and the wife of James the Just, brother to Jesus Christ, in yet another. I don't recall her saying she was sealed to Joseph Smith himself.

Here's one example:

[...]

MOO.

It isn't just you. Where I come from we call that crazy, tbh. Jmo

I'm very familiar with this tactic of his and it's NOT normal. He often talked people into it. He did not often have them come to him. I guess this is his way of soliciting business? It has always creeped me out that of the 4 authors (besides himself) that I know of... 3 of them I know were approached just like this. He hunted them down.

That's one way to get more product. :)

I think one of the frequent commenters here has said they are friends with one of his past authors. I don't remember who, but would be curious if this is how he got their friend to write for him. It's also possible that this was his approach in the beginning, but it reached the point where the potential authors were coming to him.

I think one of the frequent commenters here has said they are friends with one of his past authors. I don't remember who, but would be curious if this is how he got their friend to write for him. It's also possible that this was his approach in the beginning, but it reached the point where the potential authors were coming to him.
That would be me. Yes, one of the authors I mentioned that was approached by Chad was my friend. She wrote only 3 small books a couple decades ago. But I think Julie was his more recent and best known author.

19th is a Thursday. Presumably JJ went to school though, so this might have been after he got off of school and into the evening at most.

20th is a Friday. Nothing special we know of happened that day although presumably JJ was at school during the day.

21st and 22nd are weekend.

23rd is a Monday and JJ went to school.

24th is Tuesday. JJ didn't show up at school, but Lori did to disenroll him.

Not what you asked, but when she hired the sitter on the 19th the impression the sitter got was that she was going to want them to sit JJ fairly often. Then we don't have many days before JJ appears to be gone and the sitter is no longer needed (not sure when they were told that or if Lori never explictly did anything to indicate they were no longer needed). So really we're talking 2 weekdays and 2 weekend days. If the sitter's impression was correct and Lori was sincere (what are the odds) in needing the sitter in the future, plans sure changed fast in a short time. I also find it interesting that she went to the trouble of finding a brand new sitter which sounds like a bit of a hassle and it was only for a few hours one afternoon/evening.

Looking at these dates and what the babysitter said appears to show those 4 days could have been important as to what happened to Jj. I believe Chad must know as well as Lori, as it was related to wherever they recorded the September podcast that we have not heard. MOO.

Well with regards to membership records of Lori...
Flights, church record changes, warrants and more: Events this week that led up to Lori Daybell's arrest | East Idaho News

Pause the video on 0.18 and you'll see what that record looks like to members in the ward where her record is located.

What I saw in another location was the same screenshot that Nate shows in this video, only I saw the actual screenshot, not just a video of the screenshot. However, since this is MSM sourced, then I can show you this.

BBM. So any member of a ward can look up the membership record? That makes more sense how it leaked. Jmo

IMO all the talk about the temple, Chad and Lori being sealed, etc. is a total smoke screen to hide the fact that ultimately they were just two people who had developed feelings for each other and wanted to have sex, but didn't want to lose their supporters. It's sad that they are using tenets of the religion, especially those that are very sacred to most members, to justify their lust and immaturity.

Well, that's certainly one point of view, and well stated.

The other point of view, of course, is the sinister one, wherein they actually believe their ravings and ramblings; and I for one (JMO, MOO, IMO) don't think that just because they currently are residing in Hawaii, that we can be guaranteed that means that Lori and Chad didn't intend to go crawling back to Ground Zero (wherever Ground Zero might be) closer to the magic date of July 20, 2020.

Again, JMO, MOO, IMO. I think the modern trend is to very much be cynical about these things and think they are always money grabs, and that the money-grabbers don't in fact believe in any shreds of religion, a la L. Ron Hubbard. I think this is a mistake, especially in a world where leaders of some apostate offshoots have in fact killed themselves along with their disciples to avoid living in this world.

Here's one example:

[...]

MOO.

Maybe it plays better in rural LDS Idaho? I live in NYC and am a big ol' introvert, so grant it would never happen to me, haha; but I wouldn't rule it out as behavior for "the heartland", especially considering that it seems like he's picking out PaP-posting intimates who already know about Julie Rowe.

I think the major mistake lies in Chad's (and even to whatever extent Tammy's belief took things) and others' determining that it matters a dang what "their dreams" are; and that people can in fact in this day and age have prophetic dreams that should be acted upon. I think if they weren't tempted to reinvent the wheel, they wouldn't have such problems.

Only in their cultish minds! They would have to be card carrying members of the LDS church. I am pretty sure Lori is not.
i thought i read somewhere that Lori grew up Mormon but married at least one husband outside the church. sorry, in all the jumble i have now lost that reference but it was in one of the articles talking about her children's various fathers. maybe someone else remembers this? anyway, i dont think she was new to LDS and i dont think she stumbled by accident into CD's book series.
(which btw sounds like the LDS version of the Left Behind series from the Evangelical world... there was a period where Left Behind was immensely popular, does anyone know how well known Chad's series was prior to this case breaking?)

Did the authors have to pay an upfront fee to Chad to be published by him?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member