Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patch Tuesday

Patch Tuesday Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2020

2. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

As far as jails go, this sounds like a nice one.

Anonymous91, Trask, renarde and 2 others like this.
  3. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

We can hope that LE has lots more electronic information from phones and computers...

4. nhmemorymaker

Exactly what I believe as well. I had originally thought that the argument between AC and LV was something to do with the "whole family". Now I think it was to do with some botched effort to off CV while she was in HI.

5. nhmemorymaker

I am starting to see this a bit differently too. At first thinking about the quick marriages to do with their own version of end of times . However, the Inside Edition article about her younger life really pointed out just how strict her LDS trainingn was. What was it like to be such a strict devout Mormon, living in California in the 60s and 70s??? They must have had to hold onto that strict (Lori had religions lessons EVERY DAY before school???) as real outsiders, I imagine. Who knows how large the ward was there back then? I am guessing that her post-highschool marriage might have been an elopement. There is no way I can see her getting permission. But I could see the family actually moving out of state because of it. As one person pointed out.. "some are kicked out of the family over such actions". My guess in this case is "family over sins". Blows my mind to see the decisions she made in her life from early on. IMO, IMO. BOO

6. nhmemorymaker

Utah also has the highest use of antidepressants. Just seems that that which is not allowable through the church has alternatives...

7. nhmemorymaker

Thanks for the analysis. It answers some of my questions about her upbringing in CA. How strong would the church have been in CA back in the 70s/80s. Certainly not like Utah. AZ or ID, right?

8. nhmemorymaker

You have explained the overall pain within the community, which will never ever go away. So uncomfortable and so sad. But do you see a "mix" of support? I guess i would think that most are supportive of Tammy. However, are their camps that seem to be behind Chad's children and Chad?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  9. nhmemorymaker

Is this why there are so many gigantic multi-million dollar temples being built? I have often wondered how Mormons accept this massive spending of their money (tithing) when that money could help so many people, civilizations, society.... It is because they truly believe this access to God if in one of these buildings, rather than say..praying on their own.

AZlawyer, Anonymous91 and kye0001 like this.
  10. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

We don't know how much life insurance Chad has. Jmo.

11. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

Question regarding Lori's every morning "religious lessons". Is that what I call my morning devotions? Or is there more to it? Jmo

12. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

This is the first sample I’ve read of Chad’s writing. :eek: It reads like the opening lines of a romance novel. “Charming Southern accent?” “evening presentation?” “farewell hug?” I get a strange vibe from the way he describes this meeting.

13. kye0001

kye0001 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. At the end of the day thanks to B.B. LE knows where his kids are, they must be safe and cared for otherwise they would have called family services. I take whatever she says with a bucket of salt. MOO

14. FindingJoLee

it’s LDS Seminary, where high school students have a daily (weekday) religious instruction class before school (or sometimes opting out during a regular hs class to attend.). It’s daily religious instruction that is meant to build the foundation and habit for their own (later, adult life) daily religious study, just as you describe doing yourself - daily personal study time.

Mystery22, AZlawyer, janewall and 6 others like this.
  15. nhmemorymaker

I just cannot find words to describe.

passthepopcorn, Sachi and Anonymous91 like this.
  16. nhmemorymaker

Who does the instruction? From the HS friend discussion, it sounds as if her family was "different", so perhaps not many Mormons. So where would the instructors be?

Anonymous91 and squareandrabbet like this.
  17. nhmemorymaker

This discussion brought me to a personal experience... When first visiting my brother in Gilbert... large house...but such a weird entry into a living room with no furniture just mirrors. I asked why...and he also said for dancing and dancing lessons for neighborhood kids. So its a "thing?"

18. FindingJoLee

Most places, it's a calling like other voluntary positions in the Church. (Seminary still goes on 5 days a week all over, to this day.) There are typically a couple of sections daily (maybe 6:30am -ish, and 7:30am -ish) at the Church or some location convenient to the HS. People pick the one that fits into their morning extra-curricular schedule and attend that one, then go on to school.

Much larger number of students attend in Utah, so professional teachers might be hired by Church Education and teach 7 sections/day just like any other profession HS teacher.

In my run-of-the-mill California seminary classes ages ago, there were probably 20-ish students there on any given morning. My California HS was probably about 5% LDS, maybe a little less, and not everyone chose to attend seminary.

19. nhmemorymaker

I feel quite certain this is the case. And who knows, if we find out he had insurance taken out on him, and ZP was beneficiary... we know it really goes to Lori, but she is off the hook with the connection the police would make. At one point I was going back and forth as to whether AC was a suicide, or a murder. I favor murder now... and feel ZP probably performed the act. Conveniently a dumbfounded kid was there to see it, and not her. imo

20. janx

janx Well-Known Member

There is so much going on, but it seems that CV's death set the disappearance of the kids in motion. They were there.

jash and kye0001 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.