Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #28

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Patch Tuesday, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Considering

Considering Well-Known Member

SBM
    Not that I know. I was watching it live on TV.

altojack and raysgirl1126 like this.

2. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

We can discuss what has been written in MSM about them, but we can't post any unpublished info about them. They aren't official POIs at this point.

3. raysgirl1126

raysgirl1126 Hampton Roads, Virginia

IMO The way I understand it is until they are named POI we cannot sleuth them here. MODS please correct me if I am wrong.

4. Sarjon

Sarjon Well-Known Member

She has three attorneys. I don't think the other poster's figures were unreasonable for three attorneys. I know that it is estimated that OJ Simpson paid his legal "dream team" approximately 50,000 a day (appx 5 million in total) and that was over twenty years ago. Granted LA attorney fees would be higher than in Idaho, but still, it isn't cheap. The OJ trial cost the prosecution appx. 9 million. Law proceedings are expensive. See below article, white collar crime, but still good examples of the high costs in defending a case. Lori's coffers will likely run empty fast. I can't imagine these attorneys doing pro-bono on a case like this, but who knows. We have some smart attorneys on WS that can probably chime in on fees, too.

edit: to post article about multi-million dollar defense costs

The High Cost Of Mounting A White-Collar Criminal Defense

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  5. JujuColumbo

JujuColumbo Well-Known Member

Being a person who enjoys studying psychology, what I find deeply disturbing is LVs total lack of empathy or mourning... Was there ever a funeral for brother Alex?? I have a extended family member who I would classify as a psychopath who stole from her own mother and children. I found her to be deeply dangerous so I told everyone to cut off communication and just stay away...even her own children...It is a deeply sad situation having people like LV in your life, they leave a lifelong trail of victims...

6. CuriousQuiet1

CuriousQuiet1 Well-Known Member

7. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You are correct. Unless they are named POIs in this case we cannot sleuth them.

8. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

We can discuss whatever is in MSM about them. We can't dig into their lives and post their personal info and things from their social media. That is the rule for all non-POIs. The police have to say someone is a POI (or deceased/missing/victim) before we can dig up court records about them specifically. MOO. I'm not a mod but I want to keep this thread from going down rabbit holes that will end up getting deleted later and make our mods cranky. :cool:

9. BigAl16

BigAl16 Well-Known Member

FWIW, one of the first to respond to my post was an attorney who agreed that the 250K+ estimate for two weeks was high although he thought 100K was possible.

MOO

10. Monroe2

Monroe2 Former Member

Does anyone have any updates on the prelim, has it for sure been postponed

dog.gone.cute and Kudzu like this.
  11. CuriousQuiet1

RSBM
    Not complicated?! ;)

I understand your comment to be not complicated from the perspective of the defense team on the specific charges not the overall circus of LVD. Just wondering if you or any of the other people experienced in law can shed light on what the defense is thinking at this point. Someone said earlier the defense will not ask her specifically where the children are or if they are alive because they don't want to or don't need to know. So a theoretical defense could be based on "the State of Idaho has no right to ask about the welfare of my kids"? Or maybe "the prosecution cannot prove the kids are not being cared for"? More of my thinking out loud...

12. Alpha Bravo

Alpha Bravo Cuff em' and Stuff em'

IRT attorney fees that may be incurred for trials, Michael Avenatti last year paid $300k to some of his attorneys for the Nike Extortion trial... and it might not cover the trial costs much less any appeal, which can be even more expensive. Of course, he went with top end attorneys. And that is just one case in four that he faces. The Stormy trial is set for April 21, and I think he's tapped out, we'll see. He still owes $250k from the Minuitti (sp) Domestic Violence fiasco in Dec. 2018. So, just two more full blown trials + any appeals if he can find the scratch.

jash and Sarjon like this.
  13. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

I think that account about Eddie The Ghost was complete bunk. There's little doubt in my mind that people who write bad fiction can write even worse "non-fiction."

I can't presume to guess what anyone else (LDS or not) thinks, but I suspect I'm far from alone in thinking Chad was telling a ghost story. Kind of like a fairy tale, but the main character is a ghost instead of a princess.

14. CuriousQuiet1

Yesterday there were a couple of posts about CD & TD's son or daughter who is on a mission and how much s/he might have heard about what is going on at home. Is this usual or unusual that a child on an LDS mission did not return for the funeral when a parent dies?

Follow up Q: CD went to NJ for his mission. Did LVD go on mission? Where?

15. Alpha Bravo

Alpha Bravo Cuff em' and Stuff em'

Hmmm I'm thinking it's going to blow up and be extremely complicated. All those different LEA pow wowing... thinking federal charges are bursting at the seams waiting to pop. Yeah, she doesn't need to worry about this judge... She and Chad both are going to face a federal judge. #New attorneys, please!

16. reluctant_anthropologist

reluctant_anthropologist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not going to let him off the hook that easily. First, he explicitly denies that that's what he's doing. He says more than once and over a period of years that he is writing things that really happened. Second, his style is distinctive and recognizable. Even when he's not writing "genre fiction," he tells what I assume are outright lies.

This is obviously just my opinion, but I would wager a lot of money that I am right.

17. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Lori did not go on a mission after HS. She got married (and quickly divorced) to her non-Mormon HS boyfriend instead. MOO.

18. Onsdag

Onsdag Well-Known Member

Nurse Gen and Gardener1850 like this.
  19. utahobserver

utahobserver Well-Known Member

Spoke at BYU Education Week in August 2019. No one sees Tylee or JJ after Monday, September 23rd.

The search for the name and BYU Education Week has now been removed with a 404 Error. But here is the cached link.

This is my post from Thread #16, page 36. It was confusing because the way the speakers were listed, it looked like Chad spoke on 9/21. As far as we know he did not. It just features speakers for 2019. We have speculated that Chad and Tammy may have attended the 9/21 talk, but there is no evidence of this.

Since we can't directly link to the group that cannot be named, I searched this and found a hit on the first return. I know we talked about the Boise event and I may have missed discussion on the Saturday, September 21st event in Rexburg. Please note the speaker after Chad. Also spoke at BYU Education Week in August 2019. No one sees Tylee or JJ after Monday, September 23rd.

I was curious about the BYU backpack with JJ's initials, found in the storage locker, which seemed odd to me. Education Week has many events for children and may have given Tylee an opportunity to look around. They had to have gone up to Rexburg during August to look for a place to live and sign a lease.

20. Drc40

Drc40 Cupcakes Home Town

I just work with attorneys, I’m not one of em. You’re on the right track though. She might argue they could or had been mistreated in the past. Maybe even claim they’re in some kind of danger if she brings them to child services. Claim a hardship or blame the family court case as reasons not to produce them. There have been a few high profile cases where mothers never produced their children and eventually got released from jail. All her arguments could be completely made up but provide potential reasonable doubt if it gets in front of a jury.

The case she has against her now is not complicated. We see all the periphery noise and suspicion but she’s not facing charges on that stuff. Seriously, her attorneys are doing one of two things. They either find a way to discreetly show the kids are safe or they come up with every excuse in the book. Don’t see more then a day or two of brainstorming for lies to accomplish the latter. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.