Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Has the balls to ask the judge if he can sit while making his arguments.

The judge tells him no. Then a few minutes later, he starts responding why sitting, before his brain kicks in and he eventually stands up.

Not only is this guy disrespectful, but he is a complete moron. He is trying to convince the judge that a rule means what he says it means, and not what it actually says. The Judge is shutting him down on his nonsense.

MOO

Absolutely as bad as we expected - AND WORSE!!!!!!! He's back in law school...OMG...being schooled by judge. Prosecutor just accused him of filing false statements to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Judge: "In 17 years never heard someone argue that rule..."

I find it ironic that Mr. Means, the one who is requesting thousands of pages of documents from the prosecution, is now complaining that they're giving him too much information with just 18 pages. "It's extremely prejudicial towards my client!" :eek::rolleyes:

Judge asks for the rules that support his arguments.
Means: Formatting! Prejudicial! Wasteful!

Wood: This is a bond hearing.
My response was direct response to defense.
2 affidavits and a response was all that was filed.

Judge: Never heard this argument. It is the way it is done.
I will give you options like I would in civil court.
We can continue today or reschedule. (ha)

Means asks judge to make findings.
Judge: I don't have to make findings. I gave you options.

Means: Go forward.
Judge denies motion to strike.

I think I know the problem. He spent too much time in High School being a Superstar Debater. If I had to guess, he practiced
Lincoln Douglas Debate, that leans more towards emotional arguments and less on facts.

Maybe, if he actually learned more about facts and logic this wouldn't be so horrible to watch. He keeps using emotional words, and trying to appeal emotionally, what does that have to do with this case.

MOO

Means is griping about prosecution objection.
Wants to strike a portion of paragraph 2. If not done, its a slippery slope.
Judge denies motion to strike portion of paragraph 2.

Judge: Prosecution is not asking for her to be held indefinitely, he is merely responding to the motion for bond reduction.
Facts of the case currently sealed will not be mentioned.

Means: Now talking about paragraphs 3 and 4 regarding Covid 19.

I have no words except, Gong Show. Means is a disaster.

This is painful. So hard to listen to.

I have taken a few Criminal Law classes in undergrad and admittedly have no expertise in Law, but whoa buddy, I feel bad for this guy. If I was Lori, I would tap him on the arm and tell him to just sit down and cut his losses. And then I'd fire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966