Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch Tuesday

Reaction score
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

I believe this is going to be a more complicated case than it looks on the surface. The children's mother (Lori Wallows) recently married a man (Chad Daybell) a few weeks after his wife died. It was presumed the late wife had died of natural causes but was exhumed recently and her death is now being investigated.
The new wife's husband was shot in a family argument earlier this year:

Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight

The husband and wife are not cooperating with police and have since vanished.

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE*NO DISCUSSION

Timeline Links (Update 7):
Part I (1968 - 2017)
Part II (Dec 2017 - 10 July 2019)
Part III (11 July 2019)
Part IV (12 July 2019 - 30 Nov 2019)
Part V (December 2019)
Part VI (January 2020)
Part VII (February 2020)

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30

Attachments

• joshua-tylee.jpg
    joshua-tylee.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussion of two missing kids, JJ and Tylee.

The thread does not exist to chit chat about your own religious doctrines, discuss temples, tithing, BYU, physical appearance, etc. Forty seven of such off topic posts have just been removed.

Do not ignore Moderator warnings.

Stay on topic or thread reply bans or TOs will be issued.

Oh yeah, right on the first doc:

Name of Defendant/Matter: Chad Daybell, Lori Daybell/ Conspiracy, attempted murder, murder.

Let the games commence!
Will her bail hearing be televised live? Wondering because of of corona virus. Also maybe AZ lawyer can give his opinion, now that conspiracy charges have been turned over to AG, can we expect charges soon, or one.has nothing to do with the other?

Will her bail hearing be televised live? Wondering because of of corona virus. Also maybe AZ lawyer can give his opinion, now that conspiracy charges have been turned over to AG, can we expect charges soon, or one.has nothing to do with the other?
We don't know at the moment. The present procedures run out on the 15th April, 2 days before her bail hearing so we will have to wait to see what procedures they put in place after that date.
Regarding her present charges in Madison County, these are being dealt with separately to the AG Fremont county investigation. Regarding any AZ charges (CV murder, BB attempted murder) they are separate investigations I believe ATM.

Last edited:
I think her hearing is going to be via video conference so I kinda doubt it will be televised as well. (though the trial may well be) No marching in wearing handcuffs in front of the gallery this time. Covid19 has changed all the rules. It sounds like charges are locked and loaded and just waiting for the i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed. When they have all the ducks lined up, I'm sure they'll pull the trigger on both of them.

I definitely expect charges relating to Tammy’s death soon. The county attorney asked for the state’s assistance with prosecution only, not investigation, so I think they believe they have enough to prosecute.

I think her hearing is going to be via video conference so I kinda doubt it will be televised as well. (though the trial may well be) No marching in wearing handcuffs in front of the gallery this time. Covid19 has changed all the rules. It sounds like charges are locked and loaded and just waiting for the i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed. When they have all the ducks lined up, I'm sure they'll pull the trigger on both of them.
I'm anxious to see when they arrest chadybell, if he will turn on lolo to try and save his.own sorry but

I have a question regarding the letter about the AG. It states "defendant" instead of "suspect or POI". Is that normal legal jargon in these cases or a big hint? Jmo
I would say it is a reflection of the nature of the assistance requested and the progress of the matter, ie prosecutorial review, as opposed to investigation.

I am really encouraged to see one of the matters listed is attempted murder, I'm presuming the masked man incident. I think that is likely to be Chad's downfall.

MOO

I tracked down the purchase history of the Jeep Wrangler, Texas plates LWD0997, VIN 1C4GJXAN6JW326205. It was sold used on January 17, 2019. This date explains why it was in Arizona with Texas plates, as Charles was probably intending to not register it in Arizona until the Texas plates expired. The date also raises some interesting questions:

When Charles was shot, the officer interviewing Tylee asked about her driving, and she said she had driven from Texas to Arizona. The question then is, when did that trip take place? One possibility is that it took place after Tylee and Lori came back from Hawaii sometime after the end of March, the Jeep having been left with one of Charles's friends or business associates in Houston.

Another possibility is that Charles and Tylee went to Houston and drove back to Arizona together soon after the Jeep was purchased. If that was the case then the Jeep would have been at their Arizona home along with the Infiniti when Lori snatched Charles's F-150 from the parking lot at the Phoenix Airport on January 30, 2019. Having three vehicles to move away from the home to a hotel (or wherever they were stashed) suggests an accomplice and possibly premeditation.

I have also come upon evidence that the family moved within the Mesa-Chandler-Gilbert area around January 1, 2019, invalidating my hypothesis that the expiration of a lease was a factor in all this. In any case a central mystery remains: Why did Lori flip out on January 30?

Just popping in here to remind everyone that Update 8 of the timeline is in the media thread. The links in the first post are still not updated. Here are the more current links:

10 Part Detailed Timeline Links (Update 8)
Part I (1968 - 2017)
Part III (11 July 2019)
Part IV (12 July 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)
Part V (Nov 2019)
Part VI (Dec 2019)
Part VII (Jan 2020)
Part VIII (2 Feb - 18 Feb 2020)
Part IX (19 Feb -29 Feb 2020)
Part X (Mar 2020 - July 2020)

I hope you all had a safe and healthy Easter and/or Passover holiday. :)

Just popping in here to remind everyone that Update 8 of the timeline is in the media thread. The links in the first post are still not updated. Here are the more current links:

10 Part Detailed Timeline Links (Update 8)
Part I (1968 - 2017)
Part III (11 July 2019)
Part IV (12 July 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)
Part V (Nov 2019)
Part VI (Dec 2019)
Part VII (Jan 2020)
Part VIII (2 Feb - 18 Feb 2020)
Part IX (19 Feb -29 Feb 2020)
Part X (Mar 2020 - July 2020)

I hope you all had a safe and healthy Easter and/or Passover holiday. :)
THANKS Gardener! For sure, Part X March-July 2020... is going to rock and roll!

The Colleen/Marcia correspondence is HUGE!

We can be certain that this is going to be a federal case. Chad was referred to as a defendant in Colleen Zahn's letter. The word "defendant" is applicable to people who have been formally accused by law enforcement (though not necessarily charged or arrested). He's been elevated from POI or suspect. Since he hasn't been arrested yet, we can deduce that he was indicted by a grand jury, probably on April 9, when the AG's office confirmed that they'd be taking over.

MY PREDICTION: They are planning to file the indictment tomorrow and he'll be in custody before the sun goes down. Now that the AG's correspondence has been made public, I would be worried about him being a flight risk (he learned from the best). The only thing that might forestall his arrest is that COVID-19 has become a problem for defendants who want a speedy trial. A federal defendant is entitled to a trial within 70 days, so arresting him now might not be wise. Does anyone know if Idaho has hit pause on the Speedy Trial Act?

This article from Mar. 25 is the most recent I could find regarding speedy trial:

Idaho Courts Reduce Services, Shift To Remote Technology

Thomas said remote technology is already in place in many courtrooms across the state and facilities are working to get every courtroom equipped with audio conferencing equipment or zoom video conferencing technology by next week. The Supreme Court order specified court proceedings should only continue if judges were assured they could happen remotely and be recorded properly for court record.

With that comes the question of defendants' rights to a speedy trial.

State law granting this right can be paused for good cause, and the state Supreme Court last week adopted a clarifying rule stating the inability to call a jury due to health and safety concerns satisfies good cause.

Thomas said there might be potential complaints over the constitutional right to a speedy trial, but judges would address those on a case-by-case basis.

"One of the things in deciding whether or not a speedy trial has been denied that [the court] will consider," she said, "is whether or not a jury could be brought in."

The Colleen/Marcia correspondence is HUGE!

We can be certain that this is going to be a federal case. Chad was referred to as a defendant in Colleen Zahn's letter. The word "defendant" is applicable to people who have been formally accused by law enforcement (though not necessarily charged or arrested). He's been elevated from POI or suspect. Since he hasn't been arrested yet, we can deduce that he was indicted by a grand jury, probably on April 9, when the AG's office confirmed that they'd be taking over.

MY PREDICTION: They are planning to file the indictment tomorrow and he'll be in custody before the sun goes down. Now that the AG's correspondence has been made public, I would be worried about him being a flight risk (he learned from the best). The only thing that might forestall his arrest is that COVID-19 has become a problem for defendants who want a speedy trial. A federal defendant is entitled to a trial within 70 days, so arresting him now might not be wise. Does anyone know if Idaho has hit pause on the Speedy Trial Act?

I tracked down the purchase history of the Jeep Wrangler, Texas plates LWD0997, VIN 1C4GJXAN6JW326205. It was sold used on January 17, 2019. This date explains why it was in Arizona with Texas plates, as Charles was probably intending to not register it in Arizona until the Texas plates expired. The date also raises some interesting questions:

When Charles was shot, the officer interviewing Tylee asked about her driving, and she said she had driven from Texas to Arizona. The question then is, when did that trip take place? One possibility is that it took place after Tylee and Lori came back from Hawaii sometime after the end of March, the Jeep having been left with one of Charles's friends or business associates in Houston.

Another possibility is that Charles and Tylee went to Houston and drove back to Arizona together soon after the Jeep was purchased. If that was the case then the Jeep would have been at their Arizona home along with the Infiniti when Lori snatched Charles's F-150 from the parking lot at the Phoenix Airport on January 30, 2019. Having three vehicles to move away from the home to a hotel (or wherever they were stashed) suggests an accomplice and possibly premeditation.

I have also come upon evidence that the family moved within the Mesa-Chandler-Gilbert area around January 1, 2019, invalidating my hypothesis that the expiration of a lease was a factor in all this. In any case a central mystery remains: Why did Lori flip out on January 30?
IIRC Tyler said in her police interview on camera on 11th July that she had driven back alone from Texas to Az. There also is no sign of that jeep in overhead footage from 11 July 2019 so I wonder where it was that day?

Last edited:
I would say it is a reflection of the nature of the assistance requested and the progress of the matter, ie prosecutorial review, as opposed to investigation.

I am really encouraged to see one of the matters listed is attempted murder, I'm presuming the masked man incident. I think that is likely to be Chad's downfall.

MOO

Maybe Alex is going to be what ties it all together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members