Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori's children are found in her new husband's backyard and her first statement is: 'why did they search there?'. No expression of horror or shock that her children who were allegedly kept safe by her faith and trust are now found to be dead and buried!

This raises an interesting point about how Lori ( and Chad ) might be seen by a jury.

We already know the timeline, but just imagine the prosecutor painting a picture of the extremely callous behavior after the deaths. From the Hawaii gallivanting to the offhand suggestions that the kids were safe, to what RexburgSleuth points to above.

I think they’re cooked if they face a jury.

He sat in his car for hours before quickly leaving. Is that when the backhoe was brought in?...

Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. Matthew was standing outside when he said he saw a convoy of law enforcement coming down the road to serve a search warrant. They surrounded the home, he said, and made all of Chad's adult children leave the house. Chad also left, but Matthew said Chad sat in his car for hours.

Then suddenly, Matthew saw Chad try to leave.

"I saw his car take off down the road headed south towards Rexburg," Matthew said. "Just seconds later, the marked police cars had their lights and sirens, and floored it to go catch him."

Chad Daybell's neighbor describes 'strange' behavior after JJ and Tylee's disappearance

So he was just sitting in his car (and had been for hours)? Is this typical during a property search? I'm curious as to what LE told him to do... just sit here in your car until... we come back for you? we chase you? What's SOP for this type of thing?

I am interested too. Did someone else know? How did the police know where to search?

Once again, this validates my belief that the spirit of the body, "wants" to be found. It sounds crazy. But so many bodies are "found", Gannon Stauch, Cupcake Davis, Stacey Peterson...when the perpetrator tried to get rid of the evidence.

When the original information about the body of Tylee potentially being in YNP, I knew that it would be an impossible task to find anything. But right in CD's backyard?! Amazingly inept.
I am interested too. Did someone else know? How did the police know where to search?

Once again, this validates my belief that the spirit of the body, "wants" to be found. It sounds crazy. But so many bodies are "found", Gannon Stauch, Cupcake Davis, Stacey Peterson...when the perpetrator tried to get rid of the evidence.

When the original information about the body of Tylee potentially being in YNP, I knew that it would be an impossible task to find anything. But right in CD's backyard?! Amazingly inept.
@RexburgSleuth did Lori really say that?

i believe that to be where JJ was, the hole itself is too small to be Tylee she was a larger built girl, you can also see to the right is where they dug under him to pick him up

extremely creepy but also the begs the question where was Tylee burred because it wasn't there

they also banned flights over the area for 2 hours so they couldn't get footage of the bodies
Tylee was 5 foot tall. The hole in the ground appears to be silo silhouette of someone in the fetal position. Look at the officer standing nearby - that person could almost curl up in that hole.

Someone reported JJ's grandparents visited the site yesterday. They didn't have the fly over ban the day before but it may require some time to get that put in place with the FAA. Maybe they put in the fly over ban request the day before but it didn't take place until yesterday.

just my opinion

BTW: I find Chad's blog entry about meeting Tammy truly disturbing now as well...
10- A cemetery courtship
10- A cemetery courtship | cdaybell.com
Respectfully snipped for focus.
I've been out of the loop for several months, so maybe this was evaluated already, but my first take on that blog entry is that CD didn't write it. Maybe I'm looking at this from too much of a retrospective lens, but IMO it was heavily edited by someone else or chunks were lifted from another person's story.
The entry looks super canned.
Maybe CD just talks like this? It just seems so unlikely.....

MOO Murder is an inept way to solve problems and it snowballs from there.

Right, she's as hard as nails. Strikes me as the more dominant of the pair... MOO

I couldn't agree more.

We have seen these dominate females before in many murder plots. We have seen them be the masterminds so many times before.

It still continues to amaze me how female murderers are capable of luring men to participate in their evil dirty work, but they continue to do so. That's why true crime channels never run out of new cases with many of them devoted to individual deadly female killers or when they team up with others to do unbelievable violence against innocent victims.

Imo, I've seen even more of a shift in recent years concerning female murderers since following cases for decades. All we have to do is look at all of the forums right now on WS showing many female murderers with so many being murderers of their own children.

And the way they are murdering their victims are often gruesome overkills no matter who the victims are including defenseless little children.

These murder plots of these two precious children will be the same with the dominate female being the leader, and mastermind. Imo.

Jmho

JMO
It would take a lot of time to build a large enough fire to try to burn up a body. If they were killed at different times then maybe for one of them there was simply not enough time to start a huge barnfire to try to burn up the body if someone else was due to come home.

I have shared in other cases that I do a lot of burning of old trees and tree limbs that have fallen down and a good large sized fire can stay hot for literally days. When I have a good size brush wood pile burning, I can go out the next day and give it a stir and it fires right back up. So maybe there simply was not enough time for him to burn up one of the bodies if someone else was coming home soon.

Or one of them wasnt burned up as well as the other if done at different times.
This suggests to me....The perp might simply have not had enough timber on hand to build an effective fire. S/he would have needed a lot of wood.

Lori's children are found in her new husband's backyard and her first statement is: 'why did they search there?'. No expression of horror or shock that her children who were allegedly kept safe by her faith and trust are now found to be dead and buried!

@RexburgSleuth did Lori really say that?

I'm wondering that too. Is that what you're gleaning from her attorney's formal request, @RexburgSleuth ?

I should have added MOO or IMO. I thought the italics on "statement" and single quotes were sufficient to allude that it was my interpretation. Yes, Lori, "by and through her attorney", according to the motion, requested all the material evidence related to the cause of the search. Essentially, she, through her attorney is asking, why did they search there? I didn't think it would be taken as a direct quote. I apologize.

Gardner1850 said:
It was Frontierville. He claimed Tammy's dead grandma's spirit told him to tell Tammy she needed to play less Frontierville on her computer and do more genealogy work in the Temple instead. Read it here on his blog: Paving the way to Paradise dot com

First, I damaged the link to his blog on purpose. I don't want to send anyone over there.

Second, but probably First. Many people experience the presence or influence of a loved one that has passed. Maybe some form of comfort comes or a nudging toward something occurs? Some people really long to have those kinds of things happen. They want to know that their parent who has passed on is proud of the life they are living or sees the grandchildren they never met. So I believe influences from deceased ancestors are real and I respect the experience and the people who have them. I don't mean to make light of an experience that is not at all unique to people who are LDS or to people of faith. It's the mockery of those experiences that offends me.

This whole...I'll call it a fictional account....really sets me off. I am absolutely convinced that Chad's own spirit was what told Tammy she needed to play less Frontierville on the computer -- for Chad's own reasons. My personal interpretation of the reason would be that he did this because he didn't think her Frontierville game reflected as well on him and that her genealogy might. (As if life is some double-dutch game where our lives are measured on the basis of a partner's behavior....that's another rant.)

This whole....storyline....is just so offensive because it's quite close to something that can and does happen. Except that I don't believe for a second that this particular thing happened. And then it becomes exceptionally offensive and even more obviously bogus in light of the fact that he's involved in the murder of two children. After all, he never writes a chapter in his blog about being warned by his deceased ancestor that his own behavior is in danger of going completely off the rails.

UGH.

Last edited:
Some here have speculated about this, but it would be a huge breach of forensic protocol to leave remains unattended and in the open there. If you study the video and photographs you can see very little evidence that the material on the orange blanket is being treated as prominent. The resolution of the images is insufficient to identify anything definitively and heads would roll if it the skull and bones of a child were left uncovered to be photographed by the press helicopters and planes overhead.

Yes. Terrible breach if so. Pop up tents are usually put up to guard the evidence from exposure. I thought tents went up in the afternoon.
MOO The searchers in khaki pants and black jackets are the FBI evidence team, they would do their site work by their procedures every time.

Last edited:
I don't have children let alone grandchildren, but I do have two nephews and one grand-niece. Watching that video even with sound off made me nearly sob. I had to exit out. I can't imagine their pain. Their poor families.

I could not do that. I could not stand at a place where my grandchild had been cast off like that. I'm 100% certain I would have a heart attack or complete mental breakdown. Jmo

Some here have speculated about this, but it would be a huge breach of forensic protocol to leave remains unattended and in the open there. If you study the video and photographs you can see very little evidence that the material on the orange blanket is being treated as prominent. The resolution of the images is insufficient to identify anything definitively and heads would roll if it the skull and bones of a child were left uncovered to be photographed by the press helicopters and planes overhead.
Agree. The "space blanket" and its contents are not a focus in this photo. But that blanket is out of place vis a vis the rest of the equipment (e.g. blue tarps), so I'm thinking it has something to do with digging residue and likely an artifact of the digging.
The reason I went with the "space blanket" is that certain brands wrinkle and fold like the one in the photo. They are often a bright color (red or orange) on one side and silver on the other. They're super strong (mine has lasted 40 years so far). I'm not saying this one or this source, but like this: Space All-Weather Blanket | REI Co-op

I would think the youngest son who just returned back home would notice the difference in his dad’s appearance/demeanor/aura perhaps better than the ones who’ve been around the last few years. I have to imagine the contrast from when he last said goodbye to his dad until now is quite frightening!! :( JMO
Actually Satan is subtle and very deceitful, so much so that maybe Chad’s son and other children didn’t notice at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA