Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM for focus
Serial killers.
Is it out of the realm of possibility that they killed before all this, separately?

This is an important question. I speculated in another post a couple days ago that it seems unlikely that he went from using his "visions" to stop Tammy from binge-playing Frontierville in 2011 all the way to using them to pretext a murder in 2019, without some stops in between. Not just 1 murder but 3-5 murders. It does make you wonder if he had tried to kill Tammy before, or maybe even successfully killed someone else (another affair partner?) earlier on, which helped him work up his courage and then he began laying the groundwork for Tammy's murder in 2016-2019.

Replying to your first sentence. I so agree. "Best Friends"?????. There is something wrong with this picture. Besides April in 2013 +, and Melanie G..... WHO really knew Lori at all.... That is a pretty weak pack of "best friends'

It is. I am thinking back to LV’s sister in law Stating that there was a time when cameras had to be put in Lori’s home because the children’s safety was at risk. She implied that they were installed to keep an eye on Lori. Her history ??? Sounds like Lori was dangerous all along no matter the picture that was painted.

Replying to your first sentence. I so agree. "Best Friends"?????. There is something wrong with this picture. Besides April in 2013 +, and Melanie G..... WHO really knew Lori at all.... That is a pretty weak pack of "best friends'

Right, and MG agreed that she probably knew both CD and LV better than anyone else. I, too, noticed that MG had only known LV for the better part of a year, when things went from bad to worse. You really don't know someone better than anyone else if you've only known them a year. That's a limited friendship at best.

I wouldn’t be so quick to discount JR and her BFF as not being integral to the cult. Why would these two get a pass? They might not be the inner circle but there is enough evidence showing they believed in what Chadbo was shoveling. Anyone with close connections coming out publicly has something to gain or repair. They wouldn’t be talking if that wasn’t the case. These two might not be involved in the crimes but they certainly participated in the back story. They’re enablers at the very least and should be examined as such.
How are they enablers if they split with Chad before he grew his deadly mini-cult in secret?

BBM
There was a short live interview with the principle from JJ’s school in Rexburg week, I think it was on EIN and they were standing by the fence at the Daybell house.

IIRC, he said during the interview that LV unenrolled JJ at school because she said she got a new job and were moving to California.

JMO
I don't think that was the excuse she gave to the second school. I saw the interview you are talking about and I'm trying to find it.

Because they explanied the differences in their beliefs and because Chad distanced himself from them (on AVOW) for fear of excommunication. Unlike him, they are very public about what they believe in. Timewise, they started diverging a while ago.
And we have to remember that these folks figure out how to milk folks out of money... Everyone is so curious about L and C...I can see some of these other end-of-time folks getting lots of folks to listen to them because "they saw the evil coming, and I'm here to set you straight and get you to the promised land.... There is always a way with a gullible mind.

MG isn't one of the notorious liars in this case. I find her credible.
It’s not that she’s lying— She’s just incredibly, freakishly gullible. She swallowed everything Lori fed to her hook, line and sinker yet I’m not convinced she’s as “in the know” as she thinks she is. Case in point— the dead children in the Daybell yard.

IMO MG’s that girlfriend Lori would go to w/gripes about kids (and ex/dead husbands), share exciting affair secrets and ponder the universe with. MG would enthusiastically validate whatever Lori was thinking at the time.

Many of us have had friends like this. But if you’re starting a company, they aren’t necessarily someone you’d want on your Board of Directors.

ETA MOO

Not meaning to be argumentative but is there a difference between a “notorious” liar and a regular liar? I believe she is vaguely accurate but not 100% forthcoming. There are convenient holes in her story that I think will eventually come out. How is it all these people just recently became distant. Not 100% believable.
The difference would be that some people can't help themselves and lie habitually about everything. Some others use lies only when absolutely needed.
We might not have heard the full story from MG yet, because she is saving it for her court appearances. I don't believe that she has been deliberately misleading so far. Once you have spoken to the FBI, you better not lie, because they will find you out.

Very interesting interview with someone who knew Chad Daybell and shared an interest in multiple lives. It's interesting that he mentions that Chad was able to draw people in easily and that he was drawn to women.

Thanks for this. Some interesting tidbits here, with a useful description of the social and fringe religious milieu that CD moved in, the readings/events complete with a cohort of female followers and the brief mention of CD at Tammy's funeral, modelling real emotion while simultaneously moving onto the next stage of his plan. Interesting also that the refrain of his "charisma" is very much in the context of his framing and speaking about his visions and end-times thinking. His appeal may have been exclusively in this domain and context, IMO.

The speaker in thus clip is a good example of what I'm starting to think of as the "normalizing trend" of this group when articulating their beliefs. Not, "Gather the 144,000 into the desert to await the end of times," but "Interested in Scripture, Isiah, you know him, he's from the Bible, and thought I'd maybe start putting aside a few extra things, some food, fuel, a spouse, a tent city maybe, in preparation for the end-times" -- easing us into acceptance of the still far-from-mainstream idea that the end-times are scarily imminent and it just makes sense to start prepping. Oh yeah, but no zombie stuff. That's weird.

Last edited:
Right, and MG agreed that she probably knew both CD and LV better than anyone else. I, too, noticed that MG had only known LV for the better part of a year, when things went from bad to worse. You really don't know someone better than anyone else if you've only known them a year. That's a limited friendship at best.

Maybe MG and Lori were best friends for years and years, in many, many previous lives, perhaps even on various planets.

I wouldn’t be so quick to discount JR and her BFF as not being integral to the cult. Why would these two get a pass? They might not be the inner circle but there is enough evidence showing they believed in what Chadbo was shoveling. Anyone with close connections coming out publicly has something to gain or repair. They wouldn’t be talking if that wasn’t the case. These two might not be involved in the crimes but they certainly participated in the back story. They’re enablers at the very least and should be examined as such.
JR has had her own, much larger following for longer than CD. At least as a visionary (not including his fictional writing). CD is more a break-off of them than they are his followers.

ETA here's a UK article about her from several years ago

Last edited:
Mother = Melani. Maternal = Melani's mother's side of the family.

Therefore Maternal grandfather would be Stacey's father, Barry Cox
Text messages from December 2019 to January 2020 FROM maternal grandfather to Mother.

This is the original statement on the witness list.

I originally thought Melani’s grandfather too. But I was in the middle of researching him, so might have been wishful thinking. I’m going to keep wishing.

Another item says:

text message from mother to parental grandparents.

In this case, I think it is referencing the children’s grandparents, I assume both sets.. unless it’s a typo and it’s supposed to be paternal.

So combing the use of parental grandparents and maternal I think is what confuses me. I think the obvious is what @CSIDreamer said and it’s Melani’s dad, but would be interesting WHY a text from someone is important especially since it doesn’t say between makes it sound like it wasn’t responded to.

would be nice if an Atty could tell us what’s normal?

'She's unhinged. It scares the crap out of me.' New footage shows Charles Vallow's concern for Lori Vallow | East Idaho News

Vallow said Daybell told him, “I can murder you now with my powers.”

Since meeting with police that night, Vallow said he found Daybell’s car at the parking lot of a school where she dropped of their son Joshua “JJ” Vallow. While there, Vallow said he took Daybell’s keys, phone and wallet.

Vallow said a hotel key in her wallet helped him find her and he wanted to get Daybell picked up on a court order for her to receive a mental health examination.

Part 1 & Part 2 videos in here if anyone missed it (I posted them last night)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member