Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this on Monday Sept 23 JJ had "an unexcused absence". On the 24th he was unenrolled from school. This differs from our timeline slightly in that previous LE reports said JJ was in school Sept 23.

Sept 21 and 22 are Saturday and Sunday so JJ was last in school on Friday Sept 20?
And the 19th was when JJ had the tantrum with the babysitter.

19 Sept 2019 -The new nanny arrives to watch JJ; "When I walked inside, [Lori] mentioned how she was waiting for her brother to come and leave with her to the airport. She said she was going to the Idaho Falls airport. She said her brother also lived here in Rexburg." "[Lori] mentioned how if she got home later to give JJ his medicine right before bed because it makes him tired fast. She joked about how she liked that because some days when he was extra tough for her to handle, she would give him his meds and have him go to bed early..." While Lori is gone JJ has a melt-down; when Lori returns she shows JJ an “overwhelming” amount of love according to the nanny. (Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc; East Idaho News, Fox13 SLC).

The babysitter wasn't used again so I think that Alex may have been used as a babysitter for the 20th-22nd. :-(

Last edited:
Neighbor knew of the raccoon per the affidavit, because neighbor heard a shot and it was told to him that Chad shot a raccoon. I wonder why there was a shot?
The neighbor heard a shot and asked about it earlier in the year. Seems at that time there was a raccoon Chad shot out of a tree according to Garth. I don’t think we’ve heard neighbors recalled a shot on the day Tylee was buried. But why did Chad tell Tammy he shot a raccoon that day? He was specific about getting so close it only took one shot and we know lying liars who lie frequently give unnecessary detail . Was Chad concerned someone might have heard a shot? DID SOMEONE SHOOT TYLEE TO DEATH THAT MORNING RIGHT THERE IN HIS BACKYARD??!!

The possibility makes me feel even sicker. Tylee smiling, spending quality time running errands with Uncle Alex, swinging by Chads to borrow a tool or help w/some chore. And out of nowhere they shoot her. It would make some sense to do it that way—no risk being caught transporting her body.

I hope there’s enough evidence remaining that if she was shot they’ll be able to tell from her autopsy. And if a gunshot wound is found, who killed her. Chad or Alex? If it was a rifle or shotgun wound, I would think it’s more likely Chad pulled the trigger. Alex toting a long gun when he got out of the car might make Tylee suspicious. Plus I would think even for Alex it would be difficult to shoot a spunky young woman you watched grow up. While Chad may have never have laid eyes on her before that morning.

Frankly if Tylee was shot it may be our best hope of seeing Chad convicted of murder. I have no doubt he was instrumental in orchestrating her death, but proving it is another matter.

I can hear Lori’s attorney now arguing Lori didn’t know the kids were dead. Alex told her he was taking them to someone he found who could exorcise the demons so the kids could safely return to their bodies after all. He said he was taking them someplace safe and she believed him. Chad and Alex kept her in the dark all this time, and she’s absolutely heartbroken.

Meanwhile Chad can say he had no idea the kids were going to be harmed—Alex just showed up with bodies that needed burying.

And Alex the conveniently dead child murderer can’t dispute their claims.
I so hope there’s digital evidence to prove Lori and Chad were well aware of what was going on regardless of who did the actual killing.

Speaking of digital evidence, did Tammy’s response to Chad’s cheery texts about raccoon killing, limb- burning and library- going strike anyone else as odd? All that effort sharing the details of his busy good-guy morning and all he gets in return is a “Good for you”. I wonder if that’s just her text style or if she suspected something hinky.

Last edited:
That was me. I'm definitely not an insider, but it looked to me like that was what I saw when I zoomed in as close as I could while still keeping some clarity. It makes me ill to think I guessed something that aligns with what Chad told his wife.

I hope Chad and Lori both hang for what they did to those poor children.
The probable cause affidavit said before they found Tylee they unearthed remains of a dog and a cat, both apparently family pets that had been buried in the “pet graveyard”. If they found a raccoon too it may have been the one Chad shot out of a tree and buried earlier in the year.

..... and Dateline is working overtime this weekend to update their special on Monday (IIRC, it was Dateline)

ETA: Yes, it is Dateline. Dateline to air special on Daybell developments including interview with Melanie Gibb | East Idaho News

I do hope that they keep some of the "old stuff" in, before they found the kids (Gibb is speaking out after investigators discovered the remains of Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan in Chad Daybell’s backyard last week.)

This quote looks ominous now that we know about the fire...

"What Happened to JJ and Tylee’ will include Melanie Gibb’s first network television interview. She is the former best friend of Lori Vallow Daybell and knew Chad Daybell well. Gibb spoke with NBC News’ Keith Morrison and explained that Lori and Chad “had deception in them.” “I saw him as the hand and her as the puppet on that hand. They were both, like, gasoline and fire"

"The show also includes interviews with Lori’s friends, David Warwick and April Raymond, and EastIdahoNews.com reporters Nate Eaton and Eric Grossarth."

Last edited:
I’m really having hard time wrapping my head around this. I’m new to WS, but I ain’t new to cases like this. A case I’m familiar with, this guy, he murdered a kid. He murdered 2 other people as well, but as horrible as it was, there was a kind of internal logic there. A methodology. A single guy goes off the rails, it happens.

But this? This is some nth level f’d-uppedness. These three main players came together to form a tactical-nuclear s--t show. And that’s just them. What about the supporting cast? People who were either supernaturally ignorant, who couldn't hear, couldn’t see, couldn’t read – people who were somehow born without a freakin’ head – who couldn’t take the time in the months the kids were missing to, I don’t know... Pick up the telephone and get the police moving a little earlier? Maybe record a conversation or two on the sly? Maybe DO SOMETHING. ‘Hey, I have to kill zombies. Oh, and hey, my kid’s a zombie.’ ‘Right, well. I’ll see you next weekend then, bye.’ *kids go missing - nothing.* Unbelievable. Maybe someone did say something and maybe that hasn’t made it out yet, but there wasn’t much talking about these kids in October. I don’t trust any of the side-show personalities in this. Potatoes floating in a soup of delusion.

I know some of these people are off limits, but come on... there’s more here, there’s something in the weeds here, and you get the sense, some people are gonna skate right through this, and what comes out the back end, it ain’t gonna be pretty. Come July 23 and nothing happens, I hope somebody regains a portion of their former humanity and spills it. All of it.

These people... they stand behind you in line at the store. You stop at a red light, they’re the ones in the car opposite. There they are, buying groceries at the market, writing at the University, standing at the register ordering Del Taco. Holding hands at the movies, maybe. Or walking down the beach, or maybe at your church praising Jesus. That terrifies me to no end, that this is an iceberg, and when all is said and done, we’re only gonna get the upper part. These people are morons. Manipulative, vicious, delusional, yes, but morons none-the-less. Throw some IQ in there... damn.

JMO and pardon my ramble.
This was a GREAT ramble. I loved it.
"My kid is a zombie, gotta get rid of that dark spirit."
"Oh - ok - have you been to Frozen 2?"

So far I am only seeing Chad and Alex implicated in the actual murders. Is this because it is the Affidavit for Chad's charges?
Will we be seeing a similar document for Lori coming out soon? Eg. Telling us where her phones were pinging while all this was going on?

Why were they not concerned about CD & TD's children? Some of them lived in CD & TD's house, some of them lived across the street at the time.
They are not children and I wish everyone would stop referring to them as children because that gives all of them a sense of innocence in all of this when we really don't know what they knew or when they knew it. I might have done it myself, but like the poet said, when you learn better, do better.

Yeah they're mostly nocturnal but not solely nocturnal. I have pictures of me patting the raccoons in our yard when we lived in Cottage Country when I was little.
The only time I ever saw one in daylight he was sick with a foamy mouth. Even the cop wouldn’t approach him. The Health Department sent a woman in a “space suit,” but she took so long to get there, the beast was dead when she arrived. Good riddance.

According to the affidavit, MG and DW were in Rexburg in September to record a podcast. Lori and MG were usually the hosts. Three episodes of the podcast with just MG and DW were released in early December. Was Lori involved and they later re-recorded it without her? If yes, did the podcast owners know that something was up with Lori before MG went to police on Dec 6?
I suspect so and that is why the podcast is not available and the Cease and Desist order came out.

Here is an MSM link that explains some of it.

Inside Preparing a People, the doomsday prepper group Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell were involved in

Last edited:
its just speculative on my part but i will never buy alex cox died of natural causes the day after its announced tammy daybell is going to be exhumed.
no way.
but..... conveniently alex has a new 'arranged' marriage, this woman's son doesn't even know about it.
also conveniently chad and lori are in hawaii .

someone paid a debt.....o_O

now...who?? exactly owed chad's scheme anything?
someone likely in it up to their eyeballs.o_O:mad:

this ain't over yet......not by a long shot.:eek:

moo

For the reasons you stated LVD defense might have released it, so judge headed them off?

iIRC, EIN’s N Eaton said the prosecutor requested it be unsealed—prosecutor also requested it be sealed as to protect person/persons from harm. But purpose of this reply is to say that IMO—it’s pure strategy to get some folks talking, namely LV and/or CD?! Maybe MBP? IP? Cox family? JMO

The neighbor heard a shot and asked about it earlier in the year. Seems at that time there was a raccoon Chad shot out of a tree according to Garth. I don’t think we’ve heard neighbors recalled a shot on the day Tylee was buried. But why did Chad tell Tammy he shot a raccoon that day? He was specific about getting so close it only took one shot and we know lying liars who lie frequently give unnecessary detail . Was Chad concerned someone might have heard a shot? DID SOMEONE SHOOT TYLEE TO DEATH THAT MORNING RIGHT THERE IN HIS BACKYARD??!!

The possibility makes me feel even sicker. Tylee smiling, spending quality time running errands with Uncle Alex, swinging by Chads to borrow a tool or help w/some chore. And out of nowhere they shoot her. It would make some sense to do it that way—no risk being caught transporting her body.

I hope there’s enough evidence remaining that if she was shot they’ll be able to tell from her autopsy. And if a gunshot wound is found, who killed her. Chad or Alex? If it was a rifle or shotgun wound, I would think it’s more likely Chad pulled the trigger. Alex toting a long gun when he got out of the car might make Tylee suspicious. Plus I would think even for Alex it would be difficult to shoot a spunky young woman you watched grow up. While Chad may have never have laid eyes on her before that morning.

Frankly if Tylee was shot it may be our best hope of seeing Chad convicted of murder. I have no doubt he was instrumental in orchestrating her death, but proving it is another matter.

I can hear Lori’s attorney now arguing Lori didn’t know the kids were dead. Alex told her he was taking them to someone he found who could exorcise the demons so the kids could safely return to their bodies after all. He said he was taking them someplace safe and she believed him. Chad and Alex kept her in the dark all this time, and she’s absolutely heartbroken.

Meanwhile Chad can say he had no idea the kids were going to be harmed—Alex just showed up with bodies that needed burying.

And Alex the conveniently dead child murderer can’t dispute their claims.
I so hope there’s digital evidence to prove Lori and Chad were well aware of what was going on regardless of who did the actual killing.

Speaking of digital evidence, did Tammy’s response to Chad’s cheery texts about raccoon killing, limb- burning and library- going strike anyone else as odd? All that effort sharing the details of his busy good-guy morning and all he gets in return is a “Good for you”. I wonder if that’s just her text style or if she suspected something hinky.
So what happened when the other burial took place? No text to Tammy about that?

iIRC, EIN’s N Eaton said the prosecutor requested it be unsealed—prosecutor also requested it be sealed as to protect person/persons from harm. But purpose of this reply is to say that IMO—it’s pure strategy to get some folks talking, namely LV and/or CD?! Maybe MBP? IP? Cox family? JMO

Yes, at 30 seconds in, Nate says that the prosecutor made the motion to unseal the motion.

Raccoons in the tree in the daytime, I believe cause it happened to me. I was in my yard in the late afternoon, turned around and saw 4 pairs of eyes staring at me from the maple tree. They even allowed me enough time to run inside and get my camera to take some awesome pics. Then they slowly descended one by one and ran off along the fence. Mom and three young ones judging by size. Saw them again couple of days later. Doesn't happen often for sure but it happens.
The thing is, the Daybells have a large open property in the middle of large open properties. While I could see having a raccoon in the yard during daylight hours, they'd have a short scamper to safety. There's no safety at all in running along a fence out there in the middle of all those big fields. IME raccoons are not that stupid.
Now that I think about it..... could it be that CD and AxC left a cooler with the body parts out there in the open, and a raccoon actually got into it? Raccoons definitely understand coolers! And have a knack for homing in on meat. This might explain why a raccoon took the risk of being out in the open in that big field.
If not a cooler, CD and AxD could have dug into that pet cemetery in advance of placing Tylee there. That might have attracted a raccoon, too.
Other question.... what was CD doing with a gun in the middle of a field in broad daylight? His anxiety level must have been off the charts. Maybe he was afraid of whoever he was with? Or planned to do something to whoever he was with? Threaten them? Hold a gun to their head so they'd comply?

So far I am only seeing Chad and Alex implicated in the actual murders. Is this because it is the Affidavit for Chad's charges?
Will we be seeing a similar document for Lori coming out soon? Eg. Telling us where her phones were pinging while all this was going on?

I would expect a similar document for Lori soon.

The night AC carried JJ home asleep, did Lori give him any of his medicine, like an extra big dose?

I'm struggling reading the documents, am so heart broken for those sweet harmless kids. I'm praying for strength for Colby, Kay and Larry, and Annie to get through this.

Um, no, that is pretty normal around here. A lot of kids actually shoot critters on the way to school. They are skittering around early dawn. Throw it in the truck, bring it in for Taxidermy class. Yes, Taxidermy is taught at local high schools around here.

Well that’s the second reminder in two days that I’ve been out of the country and in the big city too long! :)

Yesterday, I was reminded that some small towns have only one judge (Post re: F Eddins being originally assigned to all the active cases).

She'll be charged for the SS fraud. But it is actually a fairly small amount. She collected from November to March at the latest at $4000 per month I think we heard, so about $20,000. She won't do federal time for that. They will just want to be paid back.
September to now if she is still receiving it. But I don't see her getting out though any time soon. At a minimum it will be similar charges to Chad. So much for Lori's family saying the kids were hidden due to threats and saying JJ had been spoken to by them on the 1st October and actually showing the telephone bill. Bare faced lie right there on camera. I think we found out that was Lori's phone number IIRC

ETA thinking more about this the abandonment would still apply anyway but I do believe murder charges will be forthcoming soon.

Last edited:
If AC always kept his phone on him, I'll be interested to see if he was pinged in the area when BB was shot at and if there was a ping from a second phone that would have been the driver. I'd also be interested if AC's phone was pinged when TD was shot at with the so-called paintball gun, that I believe was a gun with a silencer.

I believe there is much evidence still being held for multiple and ongoing investigations and so far, we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

I’m really having hard time wrapping my head around this. I’m new to WS, but I ain’t new to cases like this. A case I’m familiar with, this guy, he murdered a kid. He murdered 2 other people as well, but as horrible as it was, there was a kind of internal logic there. A methodology. A single guy goes off the rails, it happens.

But this? This is some nth level f’d-uppedness. These three main players came together to form a tactical-nuclear s--t show. And that’s just them. What about the supporting cast? People who were either supernaturally ignorant, who couldn't hear, couldn’t see, couldn’t read – people who were somehow born without a freakin’ head – who couldn’t take the time in the months the kids were missing to, I don’t know... Pick up the telephone and get the police moving a little earlier? Maybe record a conversation or two on the sly? Maybe DO SOMETHING. ‘Hey, I have to kill zombies. Oh, and hey, my kid’s a zombie.’ ‘Right, well. I’ll see you next weekend then, bye.’ *kids go missing - nothing.* Unbelievable. Maybe someone did say something and maybe that hasn’t made it out yet, but there wasn’t much talking about these kids in October. I don’t trust any of the side-show personalities in this. Potatoes floating in a soup of delusion.

I know some of these people are off limits, but come on... there’s more here, there’s something in the weeds here, and you get the sense, some people are gonna skate right through this, and what comes out the back end, it ain’t gonna be pretty. Come July 23 and nothing happens, I hope somebody regains a portion of their former humanity and spills it. All of it.

These people... they stand behind you in line at the store. You stop at a red light, they’re the ones in the car opposite. There they are, buying groceries at the market, writing at the University, standing at the register ordering Del Taco. Holding hands at the movies, maybe. Or walking down the beach, or maybe at your church praising Jesus. That terrifies me to no end, that this is an iceberg, and when all is said and done, we’re only gonna get the upper part. These people are morons. Manipulative, vicious, delusional, yes, but morons none-the-less. Throw some IQ in there... damn.

JMO and pardon my ramble.
This is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members