Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police release photos of mother, stepdad who are now 'persons of interest' in connection to children's disappearance | East Idaho News

Hi all, relative of Chad Daybell here. My family is pretty shaken by all that we've found out, and my brother and I are investigating what we can to try to piece things together. I've got some further insight into the situation and I hope someone can help figure things out.

This isn't the only forum/group looking into this case. Local police, the FBI (multiple state lines have been crossed), and family of Chad and Lori seem to be investigating as well.

As stated everywhere with this story, Lori's kids Joshua Vallow (7 year old son) and Tylee Ryan (16/17 year old daughter) have been missing since September 2019. Finding these kids should be the top priority, with finding Lori and Chad taking a close second.

The running theory my brother and I have is this:
•Chad and Lori have known each other for years (at least 7, very likely more) at this point. Chad writes and publishes LDS-related books, and has published multiple of Lori's books. They've done a podcast together, and are also involved together on the AVOW (Another Voice of Warning) forums. Chad's account has been deleted/disabled on AVOW. Accessing AVOW is cumbersome because viewing info requires an account, which costs money.
Another Voice of Warning - Powered by vBulletin
•It's unknown whether Chad and Lori have been having an affair, but people who know them from AVOW recall them being very narcissistic and claiming LDS authority figures will listen to them in the future. It's also said that other members of AVOW have gotten in trouble with the law, though I haven't looked into that.
Chad Daybell's (False) Train Dreams as shared from AVOW - Page 2 - LDS Freedom Forum
•July 11th, Lori's husband is murdered by her brother. It was deemed self-defense and no charges were pressed, and it's likely the kids witnessed it. There's some thought that it wasn't self-defense, but I haven't looked into that.
Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight
•Tylee Ryan's Venmo account is used October 16th, and this is currently the last clue I have about her.
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019
•October 19th, Chad's wife Tammy mysteriously dies in the night. I personally went to her funeral. First we all thought it was of natural causes, but with everything else the family has found out we're starting to suspect it wasn't all too natural.
View Tamara "Tammy" Daybell's Obituary on RexburgStandardJournal.com and share memories
•November 26th, a welfare check is conducted where Lori and Chad say Joshua is with a friend/relative in Arizona. Then, November 27th, search warrants were executed to try to locate Joshua, finding Chad and Lori abruptly left. Investigation suggests neither Joshua or Tylee left with them.
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News
•December 11th, Tammy's body is exhumed (without anyone in the family knowing) and an autopsy was performed. Somewhere around this time the FBI has gotten involved.
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger
•December 12th, Lori Vallow's brother (Alex, the one that murdered her estranged husband) mysteriously dies. I can't find anything about this other than this link:
Tammy Daybell (Ogden UT) - True Crime -Crime in the news, unsolved cases - City-Data Forum
•Contact was somehow maintained with Chad and Lori for some time, but they were uncooperative and have since cut off contact.

Which brings us to the present, with surprisingly little information about the missing kids.

Chad and Tammy's kids are all okay. Their youngest is 19, and is in South Africa for an LDS mission. The other 4 are all adults and most of them are married. Unfortunately they've mostly cut contact with our side of the family, but from what I understand they're being approached by strangers and being harassed about this. In general the family is trying to stay positive, but we're ready to disown Chad once we have some solid info about the missing kids.

There's a cult of sorts surrounding Chad. It might be related to AVOW, and it was kept secret from everyone. We only found out about it last night after some digging, but the cult is centered around Chad and him being a "Prophet" or even "the Son of God". It seems to be an offshoot of the LDS church, and Lori has been involved with it for 2 or 3 years at this point. Chad's been running a pay-per-view semiannual event for this cult for 7+ years now. They've got a forum under lock and key somewhere filled with stuff praising Chad and such, but it's difficult to find and we've misplaced the link we had. I'll send one once my brother finds it again.

Chad and Lori are called "preppers" by some LDS members. They've been preparing (spiritually, mentally, and most importantly physically) for a second coming of Jesus Christ, and they haven't being doing so lightly. With both of them disappearing like this, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone for a year+. Really, while we can find out a whole bunch about Chad and Lori, Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan should be everyone's focus. No one knows what happened to those poor kids.

Thanks to everyone who is looking into this, you all have greatly helped my brother and I find and understand this awful situation.

AVOW is a designated anti-gov agency

Antigovernment Movement

I am sick as a dog and don't have much to add, but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the sleuthing in this thread! You guys are doing a great job!

My question is this: does Chad actually have followers? A few people on the thread have referenced knowing of him or reading his books. Are there "believers" out there who would actually help the guy hide? He seems to have gotten much more fringe and extreme in recent years, so I can't get a read on this.

Last edited:
I don’t want to sleuth anyone I shouldn’t and am not asking anyone here to, but do we know anything about the (only?) other father in the case - Tylee’s father? Did he make the missing complaint, or were they not in contact, or is he also deceased?

I don’t want to sleuth anyone I shouldn’t and am not asking anyone here to, but do we know anything about the (only?) other father in the case - Tylee’s father? Did he make the missing complaint, or were they not in contact, or is he also deceased?
Haven't heard anything about Tylee's father making the missing complaint-it doesn't sound like he did, because her disappearance was only discovered after authorities started looking for Joshua as far as I can tell. Joshua was adopted from what has been reported-does that mean his bio parents are out there?

I am sick as a dog and don't have much to add, but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the sleuthing in this thread! You guys are doing a great job!

My question is this: does Chad actually have followers? A few people on the thread have referenced knowing of him or reading his books. Are there "believers" out there who would actually help the guy hide? He seems to have gotten much more fringe and extreme in recent years, so I can't get a read on this.

I don't know about the current state of his following, but he's certainly a known author and used to have considerable following.

(I'm not Mormon, BTW, but I grew up in Montana and went to college at Utah State for a couple of years. Not that that should matter.)

In answer to the question of who reported the children missing it was a relative according to this:

The search began in November when police tried to do a welfare check on the 7-year-old boy after a relative called because they hadn’t talked to him since September. The boy was adopted and has special needs.

The parents initially said the boy was in Arizona, but police said that was a lie.

Police: Search continues for missing kids

Tam
The Daily Mail has a video of Joshua singing with his grandpa (from before he disappeared): Idaho police hunt for two children discovered missing after mysterious death | Daily Mail Online

I sure hope this adorable little boy and his sister are okay. :(
Tammy's death should have been treated as suspicious from the start. She looks healthy and fit in her photos. Dying of natural causes in her sleep? I don't think that's very likely. Then we have Lori's husband killed by her brother in "self-defense." Well the husband is dead so he can't tell his side of the story. Brother also died (what's his cause of death) and two children that could have witnessed what happened are now missing.

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter
8:01 PM · Dec 22, 2019
EMcJr0FU4AA2mud

Two kids from Arizona - missing.
Their mom and stepdad - wanted for questioning.
The former spouses of Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell - both dead within months of each other this year.
A strange, twisted timeline - now involving FBI.
The details - at 9. #fox10phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member