GUILTY ID - Larry Isenberg, 68, Coeur d'Alene, 13 Feb 2018

I have to read the thread (pretty lazy if you can't read the few pages that have accrued thus far!) because I don't know all the details, such as:
1. How long did it take to find him, if not immediately.
2. How long did it take for the toxicology report to be disclosed; how did he come
to ingest the benadryl? (How did she administer it to him?)​
3. Is she cray-cray? She certainly has an unhinged look about her.

A North Idaho woman's husband is dead, and she is on the lam, wanted for alleged embezzlement

Larry is now dead after he ended up in the frigid waters of Lake Coeur d'Alene during an early-morning boat ride with Lori on Feb. 13. Police found the 68-year-old's body in the Sun Up Bay near Worley, Idaho, 16 days after Lori reported the incident to police.

Meanwhile, Lori, who is the last known person to see her husband alive, is charged with embezzling half a million dollars from a North Idaho housing nonprofit, according to a Coeur d'Alene Police report. Detective Steve Harris lays out the case against Lori: "ghost companies," forged checks, personal items bought with the nonprofit's credit cards and tens of thousands of dollars transferred to an account in Larry's name.

Now, with two missed court dates, and a $500,000 warrant for her arrest, Lori has disappeared. And bounty hunters are pursuing her.

"For Larry Isenberg's family, the unanswered questions and public attention make grieving that much harder."

A comment by Larry Isenberg's son, from the same article (dated June 7, 2018):

"Run all you want with my stepmom. What she did was wrong and none of the family condones it or knew anything about it. That was her deal and her side of the family and her daughters. The Isenbergs are dealing with a huge loss and missing a cherished, good man," Larry's son Dean Isenberg writes via Facebook. "My dad was one of the best men on the planet, my best friend, and best friend to countless others. If you met him for five minutes, good, bad or indifferent, you'd remember Larry Isenberg until your dying day. That's just who he was."

Lethal levels of BENADRYL are found in autopsy of 'perfect husband' who wife claimed drowned after falling off their boat - as she is now investigated alongside her two daughters for conspiring to murder him

Wife and two daughters probed in murder conspiracy and embezzlement case | Daily Mail Online

From the same article (dated July 12, 2018):

"The autopsy found he had an astonishing 7,100 nanograms of diphenhydramine in his system, while 100 nanograms to 1,000 nanograms is considered normal."

"In January Larry's will was found with handwritten changes saying Lori's children would receive 80 per cent of his fortune and his own children 20 per cent."
[...]

"Alarm was raised on January 11, 2018 when Larry's will was found with handwritten changes that altered the percentages his children would receive. The amended will said Lori's children would receive 80 per cent while Larry's 20 per cent."
[See article, below, with discrepancy in distribution amounts]

Woman wanted for grand theft goes missing after her husband dies with lethal levels of Benadryl in his system

[Article dated July 14, 2018]

"In January [2018], the family’s will had handwritten alterations on it including a section that 'reallocated Larry’s estate so each child received 12.5 percent,' The Spokesman-Review reported."

Suffice it to say, as to the will, that these were hand-written changes, not a formal codicil to the will done by an attorney.

Last edited:
Tuesday, March 3rd:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 2pm MT) - ID – Larry Dean Isenberg (68) (Feb. 13, 2018, Coeur d’Alene; found Mar. 1, 2018) – *Laurcene “Lori” Barnes Isenberg (64) arrested (2/24/20) & charged (2/25/20) with 1st degree murder (Perpetrated by Poison, Torture, Vengeance, Extortion, or Sadistic Inclinations). $2M bond. 10/29/18 Arraigned for murder. Lori said he fell out of boat & drowned while trying to fix boat motor. He was found with lethal levels Benadryl in his system, no evidence of drowning or having a heart attack. LE-Warrant issued for evidence for crimes including murder, delay in reporting a death with intent to prevent discovery of manner of death, grand theft & criminal conspiracy.
2/25/20 Update: Lori Isenberg has been arrested on a murder charge on Monday, 2/24/20. Is facing the murder charge under a section of Idaho's murder law that references using poison to kill someone. Held on a $2 million bond in the Kootenai County Jail, which her public defender did not object to during a court appearance on Tuesday (2/25). Isenberg is expected to appear in court again next Tuesday, 3/3/20.
*Arrested (2/26/18) & charged (2/27/18) with 1 count of Grand theft & 40 counts of forgery. Embezzling $500K from non-profit employer. Released from jail on $75K bond. Failed to show up at 2nd arraignment hearing (5/25/18) & remains missing. Judge issued a $500K bench warrant for her arrest. Re-arrested (7/25/18). 1/29/19: Plead guilty to embezzlement charges & sentenced (4/30/19) to 5 years in prison, 3 years supervised release, plus fines. The judge issued a sentence of 60 months on each count, but ordered those sentences to run concurrently.

Any word on her arraignment? No doubt plead not guilty...

TIA if you find anything! :)

Any word on her arraignment? No doubt plead not guilty...

TIA if you find anything! :)

She appeared in court yesterday, March 3, 2020.

You were right. She remained silent, and the judge ruled her silence to be a plea of "Not Guilty" to the murder charges.

(In the video, she appeared to be represented by counsel; I don't know why a lawyer would advise her to remain mute before the judge.)

No trial date was set, but the trial is anticipated to last six weeks.

If she is found guilty of murder she could face the death penalty, or life in prison.

If she is found "Not Guilty" of the murder charges, she will still have to serve the remainder of her five-year sentence for embezzlement.

Just for the record, if anyone needs to look her up, her names is:
Laurcene ("Lori") Barnes Isenberg.

Lori Isenberg stands silent in court, judge enters not guilty plea

Last edited:
Thanks for the bits from the article @alexwood . I had to put the article in Outline & it gave me 2 paragraphs....

I take it there was no "new" court date in there?

TIA!

Thanks for the bits from the article @alexwood . I had to put the article in Outline & it gave me 2 paragraphs....

I take it there was no "new" court date in there?

TIA!

Sorry, Niner. No new court date in video or the article.

2. How long did it take for the toxicology report to be disclosed; how did he come
to ingest the benadryl? (How did she administer it to him?)​

This is what I really want to know too. How the hell did she get him to take a lethal dose of benadryl? It takes a lot of benadryl to kill someone.

This is what I really want to know too. How the hell did she get him to take a lethal dose of benadryl? It takes a lot of benadryl to kill someone.

I'm thinking she fixed him a nice big thermos of hot coffee with cream and sugar for their frigid early-morning boat tour of the lake. Maybe even baked some breakfast muffins with a benadryl (cream) filling?

Woman Accused of Poisoning Husband with Benadryl Was 'Living a Double Life,' Friend Says

April 2, 2020
An Idaho woman who claimed her husband died after falling from his boat into a lake in 2018 has been charged with murder after his autopsy found a lethal dose of Benadryl — and friends and family tell PEOPLE that they believe she was living a “double life.”
[.....]
The charge came as a shock to many people close to the Isenbergs.

“For all intents and purposes, Lori and Dad had an absolutely perfect marriage,” says Dean Isenberg, 39, Larry’s son from a previous marriage, in PEOPLE’s latest issue. “If you believe in soulmates, they were soulmates.”

Adds Larry’s friend Andrew Kern: “Larry trusted her completely, so we trusted her, too. But she was living a double life that no one knew about.”

Her alleged double life included embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars. Lori was the former executive director of an organization that works with low-income families, but she was arrested shortly after her husband’s death after the nonprofit found discrepancies in their budget. They estimated the losses to be more than $2 million.
[.....]
Lori is being held on $2 million bond. She has not yet entered a plea, and her attorney did not return PEOPLE’s call for comment.

and I have her next pretrial hearing on 7/28.

and edited to add: Trial starts on 8/31.

I'll go ahead & post this & wait on @Idaho Lynx to confirm....

Tuesday, July 28th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 9am MT) - ID – Larry Dean Isenberg (68) (Feb. 13, 2018, Coeur d’Alene; found Mar. 1, 2018) – *Laurcene “Lori” Barnes Isenberg (64) arrested (2/24/20), charged (2/25/20), indicted & arraigned (3/3/20) with 1st degree murder (Perpetrated by Poison, Torture, Vengeance, Extortion, or Sadistic Inclinations). Plead not guilty. $2M bond.
Trial set to begin on 8/31/20 (will run 6 weeks)
10/29/18 Arraigned for murder. Lori said he fell out of boat & drowned while trying to fix boat motor. He was found with lethal levels Benadryl in his system, no evidence of drowning or having a heart attack. LE-Warrant issued for evidence for crimes including murder, delay in reporting a death with intent to prevent discovery of manner of death, grand theft & criminal conspiracy.
2/25/20 Update: Isenberg has been arrested on a murder charge on Monday, 2/24/20. Is facing the murder charge under a section of Idaho's murder law that references using poison to kill someone. Held on a $2 million bond in the Kootenai County Jail, which her public defender did not object to during a court appearance on Tuesday (2/25). Isenberg is expected to appear in court again next Tuesday, 3/3/20.
3/3/20 Update: She remained silent, and the judge ruled her silence to be a plea of "Not Guilty" to the murder charges. No trial date was set, but the trial is anticipated to last six weeks. If she is found guilty of murder she could face the death penalty, or life in prison. If she is found "Not Guilty" of the murder charges, she will still have to serve the remainder of her five-year sentence for embezzlement. Next pretrial conference hearing on 7/28, status conference hearing on 8/24 & trial is set for 8/31/20 & should run 6 weeks.
*Arrested (2/26/18) & charged (2/27/18) with 1 count of Grand theft & 40 counts of forgery. Embezzling $500K from non-profit employer. Released from jail on $75K bond. Failed to show up at 2nd arraignment hearing (5/25/18) & remains missing. Judge issued a $500K bench warrant for her arrest. Re-arrested (7/25/18). 1/29/19: Plead guilty to embezzlement charges & sentenced (4/30/19) to 5 years in prison, 3 years supervised release, plus fines. The judge issued a sentence of 60 months on each count, but ordered those sentences to run concurrently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back