ID ID - Lewiston Civic Theater Murders / 5 Related Cases

This is a basic timeline of suspect's life, the areas he lived and where he was employed. **This information was taken from the Lewis-Clark Valley Serial Killer page.

Timeline:
1947: Year of birth

1965: Enlisted in the Navy. Did a tour of Vietnam aboard the USS Vesuvius.

1968: Released from Navy / discharged in Alameda, California

1969: Attends West Valley Junior College 69-71 in Campbell, California. Drove a white Alpha Ramero. Worked at Der Weinersnitchel in Saratoga, California.

1970: Addresses in bay area:
Saratoga, CA
San Jose, CA
San Francisco, CA
Visited Sacramento in January 1970.

1972: Arrested in San Jose for breaking in Willow Glen Mortuary. Carrying a flashlight, 12 inch knife and a camera. Body of Antoinette Anino was the only one in the
mortuary.

Drove a 1968 Blue Saab.

Worked at the Lake Berryessa School District library.

1973: Marries first wife on 8/4/1973 in Santa Clara County, CA.

1974: Divorces first wife March (date the divorce final unknown)
Obtains a Real Estate License in California

Purchases 18 acres in Melba, Idaho.

1975: Marries second wife, date unknown.
Moves to Melba, Idaho on 18 acres of land he purchased in 1974 and removes all the trees from the property per second wife.

Worked at the Circle K in Caldwell, Idaho and at a seed company in Melba, Idaho. Wife was an area manager for Circle K in the area.

1976: Biological daughter is born.

Divorces second wife in Idaho (date unknown),

1977: Attends Boise State University

1978: Address of 309 6th Ave, Lewiston, Idaho.

California Real Estate License expires 4/22/1978

1979: 4/28/1979 during the Asotin County Fair 12 year old Christina White was reported missing. She was last seen at 503 2nd St, by her mother Betty Eminger at 1:00pm.

Retained another residence in Asotin - 819 3rd St.

1980: A real estate agent had a strange encounter with Voss. He contacted her to sell his home at 819 3rd St, Asotin, WA. He insisted on showing her the basement and when they were walking through the house she turned around and noticed he had something in his hand and was ready to strike her. Voss put the item down and asked how many people knew she was there and she told him several people. He suddenly lost interest in showing her the basement. Cement work was done in the basement of this home by suspect. Law enforcement dug up the floor of the basement and cadaver dogs were brought in.

Travels to Burien, Washington on June 8 to attend a 2 day
state GOP event, documented in the Lewiston Tribune.

1981: 6/26/1981 Kristin David - 22 years old- disappears while riding her bike near Genesee, Idaho. On 7/4/1981 her dismembered body is found downstream from the Red Wolf Crossing, WA.

Marries third wife 7/24/1981 Patricia.

Runs for Asotin City Council, position 3 , 10/27/1981

Step father dies 11/27/1981 buried in Santa Clara County, CA. Voss traveled to California for services.
1982: Elected Deacon of the Asotin Masonic Lodge 1/9/1982

Performed in the play Jesus Christ Superstar 8/11/1982

9/12/1982 Kristina Diane Nelson, Jacquelyn “Brandy” Miller, Steven Pearsall all disappear from Lewiston, Idaho. Kristina and Brandy were walking in the area of the Lewiston Civic Theater. Steven Pearsall was last seen entering the Lewiston Civic Theater by his girlfriend at the time and by law enforcement patrolling the area.

1983: Frequently traveled to Melba / Nampa Idaho area

Active in the Boy Scouts with step-son.

1984: 3/19/84 The bodies of Kristina Nelson and Brandy Miller are found near Kendrick, Idaho near mile marker 14.6 over the embankment on Hwy 3.

Interviewed by Lewiston PD for the disappearance of Kristina Nelson, Brandy Miller and Steven Pearsall. Refuses to take polygraph test.

1985: A man was hired to do concrete work at the 2344 5th St, Clarkston. Described several holes and depressions in the basement that needed to filled and big hole on the property. Voss would become enraged if someone would get too close to a tree on the property. The tree was removed by Voss.

Dome house at 2344 5th St, Clarkston was completed.

1986: Voss has an affair with Claudette Voliva . She commits suicide 7/27/1986. She was a seamstress at the Lewiston Civic Theater and a hospice nurse. The suspect was the one that found her body at her apartment.

1987: Places an ad in the Lewiston Tribune 3/10/1987 - Lost March 3rd brown husky. This would have been Christina White’s 20th birthday.

Drove truck in Garfield, Washington running loads from Spokane, WA to Lewiston, Idaho.
1988: In the play Annie.

1989: Inherits a large sum of money.

1991: Plays Judge Turpin in Sweeney Todd

1993: Starts business 11/15/1993, Lance J. Voss Business and Financial Plans, 733 #J 5th St, Clarkston, WA. Business licence still active until 2013.

1998: In the play Romeo 8/7/1998

Drove a red Honda Civic and a black or dark brown
Lincoln.

1999: Moves an eastern state.

2003: Suspect's mother dies on her birthday 4/15/2003.

This is a basic timeline of suspect's life, the areas he lived and where he was employed. **This information was taken from the Lewis-Clark Valley Serial Killer page.

Timeline:

1969: Attends West Valley Junior College 69-71 in Campbell, California. Drove a white Alpha Ramero. Worked at Der Weinersnitchel in Saratoga, California.

Saratoga, CA
San Jose, CA
San Francisco, CA

1972: Arrested in San Jose for breaking in Willow Glen Mortuary. Carrying a flashlight, 12 inch knife and a camera. Body of Antoinette Anino was the only one in the
mortuary.

Drove a 1968 Blue Saab.

Moves to Melba, Idaho on 18 acres of land he purchased in 1974 and removes all the trees from the property per second wife.

Worked at the Circle K in Caldwell, Idaho and at a seed company in Melba, Idaho. Wife was an area manager for Circle K in the area.

1979: 4/28/1979 during the Asotin County Fair 12 year old Christina White was reported missing. She was last seen at 503 2nd St, by her mother Betty Eminger at 1:00pm.

1980: A real estate agent had a strange encounter with Voss. He contacted her to sell his home at 819 3rd St, Asotin, WA. He insisted on showing her the basement and when they were walking through the house she turned around and noticed he had something in his hand and was ready to strike her. Voss put the item down and asked how many people knew she was there and she told him several people. He suddenly lost interest in showing her the basement. Cement work was done in the basement of this home by suspect. Law enforcement dug up the floor of the basement and cadaver dogs were brought in.

1981: 6/26/1981 Kristin David - 22 years old- disappears while riding her bike near Genesee, Idaho. On 7/4/1981 her dismembered body is found downstream from the Red Wolf Crossing, WA.

Step father dies 11/27/1981 buried in Santa Clara County, CA. Voss traveled to California for services.

9/12/1982 Kristina Diane Nelson, Jacquelyn “Brandy” Miller, Steven Pearsall all disappear from Lewiston, Idaho. Kristina and Brandy were walking in the area of the Lewiston Civic Theater. Steven Pearsall was last seen entering the Lewiston Civic Theater by his girlfriend at the time and by law enforcement patrolling the area.

1984: 3/19/84 The bodies of Kristina Nelson and Brandy Miller are found near Kendrick, Idaho near mile marker 14.6 over the embankment on Hwy 3.

Interviewed by Lewiston PD for the disappearance of Kristina Nelson, Brandy Miller and Steven Pearsall. Refuses to take polygraph test.

1985: A man was hired to do concrete work at the 2344 5th St, Clarkston. Described several holes and depressions in the basement that needed to filled and big hole on the property. Voss would become enraged if someone would get too close to a tree on the property. The tree was removed by Voss.

1986: Voss has an affair with Claudette Voliva . She commits suicide 7/27/1986. She was a seamstress at the Lewiston Civic Theater and a hospice nurse. The suspect was the one that found her body at her apartment.

1987: Places an ad in the Lewiston Tribune 3/10/1987 - Lost March 3rd brown husky. This would have been Christina White’s 20th birthday.

Drove truck in Garfield, Washington running loads from Spokane, WA to Lewiston, Idaho.

1993: Starts business 11/15/1993, Lance J. Voss Business and Financial Plans, 733 #J 5th St, Clarkston, WA. Business licence still active until 2013.

Lincoln.

Timeline:

Saratoga, CA
San Jose, CA
San Francisco, CA

mortuary.

Drove a 1968 Blue Saab.

Lincoln.

I had never seen a date for Claudette's 'suicide'.
That was only about three months after "Footlight Frenzy" and maybe a month after my wife and I left town for Montana.
I find it inconceivable it was that soon.

Thanks for catching that Kline, my fingers were typing to fast. I will need to make corrections on another page !

No worries!
Still its sad to me that all it took was a year.
We need to catch up on the phone after Christmas.
I got a bunch of stuff to tell you about.
You were so good in the documentary!

I will give a call !

Watching this show and there is some sort of cryptic vagueness. Not sure I have heard POI's name...why not? He is a POI. Having difficulty following due to the vagueness. And the cabin guy...so he is not the theater guy? I guess I need to watch more intently and not with a bunch of Xmas preparations going on around me.

Watching this show and there is some sort of cryptic vagueness. Not sure I have heard POI's name...why not? He is a POI. Having difficulty following due to the vagueness. And the cabin guy...so he is not the theater guy? I guess I need to watch more intently and not with a bunch of Xmas preparations going on around me.

The suspect is Lance Jeffrey Voss. The cabin belonged to serial killer Harry Hantman.

Curious that they name the POI in Confluence and the ID show went to great lengths to NOT name him.
Lawsuit?

In the timeline above, I’m wondering what is the significance of the trees?
It mentions the POI gets rid of all the trees on one property.
Then mentions another property where he becomes enraged if someone goes near a certain tree, which apparently is later removed by the POI.
What are they thinking is the significance of all this?
Odd behavior maybe, but how is this important?

In a weird twist of fate, I was in Lewiston last Sunday to visit my mother in St. Joseph's Regional Hospital. It was late in the evening and I needed to leave because I had a long drive ahead, and needed to get up at three in the morning to go to work. I was so caught up with thoughts about my mother being in the ICU, I didn't even remember of this case. I work for the post office, but I got lost in the hospital! I ended up in the basement before being forced to backtrack.I thought I recognized where I was, but then took the wrong exit out of the hospital, and ended up literally at the back of the building. As in, no cars, no parking lot, no lights, like the back alley where deliveries are made. I turned around after I'd walked a few yards, having realized my mistake. I thought about going back through the door, but assumed I was locked out, so I walked swiftly down the service driveway, around a large, empty fenced-in area. Suddenly (and not very helpfully!) I remembered this case, thinking, "Isn't this near where the murders took place?" Upon reaching the cross road, I went right, my eyes following the line of the hospital. I don't believe I've ever felt so alone in my life. There was one streetlight on the tree-lined street, and a lot of darkness. There was no one around. I had to keep myself from breaking into a run. I continued on until I reached the next cross street, and turning right once more. I believe I had one more right turn before I found myself at the front of the hospital but not until after walking nearly around the entire block. Fast forward to today, Tuesday, I got onto GOOGLE maps and after some digging on the internet, I figured out I was only a block away from the old Lewiston Civic Theater building. Seriously. I was walking on 7th street, before turning onto 5th Avenue. The old Lewiston Civic Theater building is on 8th Street and 6th Avenue. Oy. I can say that area is very creepy, like walking into a horror movie creepy. I mean, for real. I don't get spooked and this place spooked me. Lewiston is a fair sized city, but this area is as quiet as the grave. (No doubt because it's a HOSPITAL ZONE but still, it was freaky). I have a notion to return to Lewiston and record the route the girls probably took, something on the order of Gray Hughes' Abby and Libby Crime Flow, but take a male FRIEND with me. No more wandering around in the dark again. :eek:

Glad you are ok Pipsissiway.

Thank you, Trinitee. Honestly, would not have ended up at the back door if I could've helped it. I did want to laugh a bit about my misadventure however. Which is why I wanted to describe my experience in depth, just to let people know what that area is like. Not sure if I was just emotionally exhausted, since I was told prior to my visit that my mother was close to death or I was picking up some sort of "haunted space" vibe surrounding the area. I would still say it is a very creepy area at night. Creepy as in something out of an August Derleth or H.P. Lovecraft story.

My sister and her husband live in Lewiston. He grew up there. I texted her yesterday and she said about the stairs, "It is spooky around there, especially at night. I remember those stairs when I first moved here, and Randy said it was always creepy." I believe my sister has lived there since the late 1980s.

My sister worked for the Public Defenders Office in Lewiston many, many years ago, and she says Jackie Nichols is her hero (the detective from Asotin County featured in "Cold Valley"). I did not know this, but Jackie was also involved in the Rachel Anderson case. I'm not sure whether my sister has met her in person. I'll ask her today. I think she said she had met her, but that could just be wishful thinking. I think Jackie Nichols is awesome. :)

I just texted my sister. She says she has not met Jackie Nichols (darn!) but my niece saw her at the Costco in Clarkston, Washington a few months ago. (Clarkston and Lewiston are across the Snake River from each other.) I'm not a celebrity watcher, but I would've been thrilled, LOL. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back