ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Wondra was sentenced to 3 years in prison for charges not related to Michael.

An Idaho woman arrested last year when she was accused of being involved in the case of Michael Vaughan, a Fruitland boy who went missing over two years ago, will spend at least three years in prison on crimes stemming from a separate incident.

Sarah Wondra, 35, of Fruitland, pleaded guilty in August to two felonies: aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. A charge of possession of a controlled substance was dismissed as part of a plea deal, according to online court records.

She was sentenced Friday in Payette County by District Judge Kiley Stuchlik to three years fixed in prison, followed by two years indeterminate, meaning she could be eligible for parole after serving three years.

Payette County Prosecutor Mike Duke did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the sentencing from the Idaho Statesman.

The felony charges are related to an incident that occurred on April 13, 2022. According to court documents, Wondra pointed a gun at a guest who was staying with her and then brought the gun to her parents’ home, later admitting that she “knew she was not supposed to be in possession of a firearm.”

When police responded to a 911 call about the incident, they found that she unlawfully possessed “acetaminophen/hydrocodone,” commonly sold under the brand name Vicodin, the Statesman previously reported.

Who was the guest and why did she point a gun at that person?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - before the 2022 event - she was a felon due to charges from Oregon years ago, where she commited an armed robbery.

The felony charges are related to an incident that occurred on April 13, 2022. According to court documents, Wondra pointed a gun at a guest who was staying with her and then brought the gun to her parents’ home, later admitting that she “knew she was not supposed to be in possession of a firearm.”

When police responded to a 911 call about the incident, they found that she unlawfully possessed “acetaminophen/hydrocodone,” commonly sold under the brand name Vicodin, the Statesman previously reported.

Who was the guest and why did she point a gun at that person?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - before the 2022 event - she was a felon due to charges from Oregon years ago, where she commited an armed robbery.

There was a youtuber, initials JLR, who went deep into the Wondras lifestyle at the time. He is not an authorised source to link here, so I won't.

My impression from following the videos and people he interviewed was that the Wondras were not a clean living couple in recovery from old demons (as they claimed and I remember watching Sarah's tiktoks spouting inspirational thoughts etc) and running a 'faith' taxi service at all.

It would appear JMO MOO that they were operating one of those type of houses where random people came and went (in a taxi?) and hung out for days or even weeks, seemingly just passing through or maybe being considered a housemate for a while. Including people who they didn't seem to previously know or had somehow 'met on the road'. In my opinion these types of situations are usually gravitating around substances and not because everyone's just super sociable and hospitable to strangers.

Because of the level of activity previously going on around their property with oddball strangers, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come on this story involving them. JMO MOO just speculation.

There was a youtuber, initials JLR, who went deep into the Wondras lifestyle at the time. He is not an authorised source to link here, so I won't.

My impression from following the videos and people he interviewed was that the Wondras were not a clean living couple in recovery from old demons (as they claimed and I remember watching Sarah's tiktoks spouting inspirational thoughts etc) and running a 'faith' taxi service at all.

It would appear JMO MOO that they were operating one of those type of houses where random people came and went (in a taxi?) and hung out for days or even weeks, seemingly just passing through or maybe being considered a housemate for a while. Including people who they didn't seem to previously know or had somehow 'met on the road'. In my opinion these types of situations are usually gravitating around substances and not because everyone's just super sociable and hospitable to strangers.

Because of the level of activity previously going on around their property with oddball strangers, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come on this story involving them. JMO MOO just speculation.
Great insight in your post, appreciate the response!

JLR’s background is extremely suspicious itself
Moo

PAYETTE COUNTY — The public may soon know a portion of the outcome of a law enforcement investigation related to missing Fruitland boy Michael ‘Monkey’ Vaughan, as the prosecutor does expect to file charges, but has not stated what those might be.

“I expect to charge it, but there are a lot of complexities and I am being careful with that,” Payette County Prosecutor Mike Duke told the Argus Observer during a phone call at the end of September.

Long article continues at link.

PAYETTE COUNTY — The public may soon know a portion of the outcome of a law enforcement investigation related to missing Fruitland boy Michael ‘Monkey’ Vaughan, as the prosecutor does expect to file charges, but has not stated what those might be.

“I expect to charge it, but there are a lot of complexities and I am being careful with that,” Payette County Prosecutor Mike Duke told the Argus Observer during a phone call at the end of September.

Long article continues at link.
Behind a paywall, so unless you have a subscription we can't read this. Can you summarize?

The Argus Observer

A Fruitland man who has been named one of four suspects in a missing child case received a reduced sentence for an unrelated federal charge for unlawful possession of a firearm on Wednesday. And, court officials backpedal over grand jury calendar.

Stacey Wondra gets credit for time served in federal sentencing

ARGUSOBSERVER.COM
Stacey Wondra gets credit for time served in federal sentencing
FRUITLAND — A Fruitland man received a reduced sentence for a federal charge for unlawful possession of a firearm during sentencing at the U.S. District Court for the District of ...

Can't read this story either, so if someone can access, please fill in the rest of the details. Or maybe someone has access to the DC case records.

Sure. Reduce their sentences and let them go back to doing what they do even sooner. They are clearly just misunderstood, harmless, lovely folks. (/s and IMO)
I keep hoping, that one day this will all make sense. Huff said he forwarded the case to the Prosecutor's office back in July 2023.

The Payette County Prosecutor’s Office said in September- “I expect to charge it, but there are a lot of complexities and I am being careful with that,” Payette County Prosecutor Mike Duke told the Argus Observer during a phone call at the end of September.

We're already in November with no Grand Juries on the forseeable schedule. Maybe they are waiting until after the Federal cases are settled? At one time I thought maybe they were trying to get the Wondra's to turn on each other. Stacey has been in Washington County jail for over fifteen months, on charges that seem to be those that others make bond on? If anyone has a Pacer subscription, here's the case. Why are there sealed motions on a case with run of the mill charges?

1699111216415.png

I'd appreciate hearing one of our Attorney's opinion on this. Maybe I just don't understand the process and the whole thing is benign.

BOISE, Idaho — One of the people police believe was involved in the disappearance of Michael Vaughan was released from federal custody on Thursday, Nov. 9.

In early November 2023, Stacey Wondra was sentenced to 21 months after pleading guilty to the unlawful possession of a firearm. The charge was unrelated to the disappearance of Michael Vaughan; Police had previously thought Wondra might have been involved.

This week marks one year since Fruitland police dug in the Wondras' backyard searching for little Michael Vaughan's remains. Michael went missing from his Fruitland neighborhood, near the Wondra's home, in July of 2021. Fruitland police submitted a case to the Payette County Prosecutor this summer that they say involves Stacey and his wife Sarah, as well as two other people.

I can't believe it has already been a year since they dug in their backyard. Where is Monkey?

If the Wondras are connected to the disappearance of M, then I suspect the 'road trip' that Sarah and a friend were returning from on that day he went missing are likely involved, IIRC they drove back into the area at the same time as he was being searched for and there's a missing gap of time in their whereabouts and accounts, including taking a drive somehwere. Apologies, I don't have links or verified info, I'm going by what I recall from reading this forum JMO MOO

Did I read somewhere that they think he could have been held at the home for a few days before he was killed? (Hate typing that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288