ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutors say Sarah Wondra failed to report a death to the coroner on November 12th.

Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff says Sarah Wondra is the occupant of the house where crews have been digging, looking for the remains of Michael Vaughan since Saturday.

The Chief says the credible tip came from someone who lives in the home.

Chief Huff says Wondra has no connection to the Vaughan family.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/woman-appears-in-court-in-connection-to-death-of-michael-vaughan#

Prosecutors say Sarah Wondra failed to report a death to the coroner on November 12th.

Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff says Sarah Wondra is the occupant of the house where crews have been digging, looking for the remains of Michael Vaughan since Saturday.

The Chief says the credible tip came from someone who lives in the home.

Chief Huff says Wondra has no connection to the Vaughan family.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/woman-appears-in-court-in-connection-to-death-of-michael-vaughan#
November 12th again ? This sounds very complicated. I thought she was in custody November 11th.

“When I got to the portion that read ‘murder,’ she said, ‘did you just say murder’ multiple times,” a Fruitland police officer wrote in the affidavit. “She also said, ‘I have never murdered anyone.’”

Officials said Wondra maintained that she “definitely did not kill that boy” and said “the most high God already told me who did it.” She reportedly told police, “oh wow wow the most high God just told me that Stacey was the one who killed him and buried him in the yard of” the neighbor’s house. When asked later to show police where the boy was buried, according to the affidavit, she told police of a spot near the entry of her residence and said Stacey had buried him “in the backyard by the shed.”

Police said by that point, they had begun hand-digging a portion of the Wondras’ yard based on information “received from Stacey,” who had not been arrested or charged by Monday afternoon. It wasn’t clear when or why police had spoken with Stacey Wondra.

Sarah Wondra was arrested and told police “God just told me that Stacey was the one who did it,” adding that she knew the body was in the neighbor’s yard because “that’s what Stacey just told me.” She then corrected herself and said that’s what God told her, according to the affidavit.

She allegedly reiterated to police that she “had nothing to do with” Michael’s disappearance. She said her husband buried Michael in the backyard by the shed but wasn’t the one who actually harmed the boy. She said instead that a man identified only as Adrian “had been the one that had done it, and he was scared to tell anybody.”

IMO Looking at the couples Tiktok, her husband appears too morbidly obese to kill and bury anyone. ETA: I don’t say this to be cruel or critical of a his appearance/weight, I’m no skinny minny myself. I genuinely think that he appears too large to do a whole lot of moving.

Last edited:
“When I got to the portion that read ‘murder,’ she said, ‘did you just say murder’ multiple times,” a Fruitland police officer wrote in the affidavit. “She also said, ‘I have never murdered anyone.’”

Officials said Wondra maintained that she “definitely did not kill that boy” and said “the most high God already told me who did it.” She reportedly told police, “oh wow wow the most high God just told me that Stacey was the one who killed him and buried him in the yard of” the neighbor’s house. When asked later to show police where the boy was buried, according to the affidavit, she told police of a spot near the entry of her residence and said Stacey had buried him “in the backyard by the shed.”

Police said by that point, they had begun hand-digging a portion of the Wondras’ yard based on information “received from Stacey,” who had not been arrested or charged by Monday afternoon. It wasn’t clear when or why police had spoken with Stacey Wondra.

Sarah Wondra was arrested and told police “God just told me that Stacey was the one who did it,” adding that she knew the body was in the neighbor’s yard because “that’s what Stacey just told me.” She then corrected herself and said that’s what God told her, according to the affidavit.

She allegedly reiterated to police that she “had nothing to do with” Michael’s disappearance. She said her husband buried Michael in the backyard by the shed but wasn’t the one who actually harmed the boy. She said instead that a man identified only as Adrian “had been the one that had done it, and he was scared to tell anybody.”
Say WHATTTT???

We see so many tragedies here, no shortage of evil perpetrated against children. This is beginning to look like a tragic accident, followed by an unforgivable coverup. Accidental, negligent... maybe compounded by intoxication (i.e. driver under the influence), maybe not. Maybe a panicked CYA. Terrible.

People who aren't sociopaths but who might cover up a vehicular fatality probably bear a great deal of fear, guilt -- and I imagine that would leak out in their behavior, mental health, SM, etc. Stress, over-compensation...j

If this proves to be that (a terrible, horrible, heart-breaking accident, how cruel to M's family. To suffer the unknown, to be the focus of scrunity, to be robbed of an explanation, to have grief delayed, it's just unthinkable. Beyond a "failure to report" charge, burying a secret like that should really be punishable, with grave consequence.

It's just so, so unkind.

To think, poor little Michael might've died within minutes of leaving his home.

If this proves to be the case, charges could've been filed -- or not -- but for sure the community -- and the greater virtual community -- would have rallied around this young family.

So much was stolen that day.

JMO

She seems a bit out of touch with reality, and quite possible involved more than just "knowing" something had happened, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie