ID - Michael Bullinger At Large, 3 bodies in Caldwell home, seen in Ogden, UT, June 2017

I keep thinking he intended to divorce the wife... since he'd moved the mistress up there.
Then I think that makes no sense with the wife's name being on the house.
Then I just realize none of it makes any sense.

Even less so now knowing each of them was shot once in the head.
That doesn't sound like a struggle, fight, crime of passion. That almost sounds like premeditated executions.
I really wish he'd left a note explaining all of this. No scenario makes complete sense to me.

I'm with you on the confusing aspects and wanting to know "why", MsF. Nothing makes any sense here.

Just now subscribing to this case, so forgive if this article is old -- just saw it & then found the case here on WS (of course!)

Bodies Discovered on Idaho Property Belonging to Suspect’s Wife, His Alleged Lover and Her Daughter

By Harriet Sokmensuer•@hgsokmensuerPosted on August 8, 2017 at 10:33pm EDT

The bodies of the three women found in the shed on an Idaho man’s farmhouse have been identified as his wife, his alleged mistress and her teenage daughter, PEOPLE confirms.
Michael Bullinger, 60, is wanted for the triple homicides of wife Cheryl Baker, 56, Nadja Medley, 48, and 14-year-old Payton Medley. The women’s bodies were found decomposing in a storage shed on Bullinger’s Caldwell, Idaho, property in June after Baker’s family asked deputies to make a welfare check on the couple, according to a news release from the Canyon County, Idaho, Sheriff’s Office.

http://people.com/crime/bodies-disc...gn=people-true-crime&utm_content=2017081114PM

Darned it, borndem ---- I was so sure you found some progress had been made in finding the wanted man. :winkkiss: Glad you decided to join us!

:blushing1: I'll try to do bettah next time!:wave:

It's going to be hard if they never find him. I'm sure his ex wife and sons will wonder... and worry.
Not only that but all of her students as well. A few of them are close family friends of ours.
They are aware of what happened and the school actually held a celebration of life for her.
I know it would help them if there was some closure on this as they return to school this week.
Dead or alive... just knowing where he is.
I sure wish these people would leave NOTES explaining everything. I guess you can't expect killers to be considerate. :dunno:

As they all died from one shot to the head - execution style - it would seem likely that as the mistress and her daughter were already living there that MB would have shot them first when he saw his wife's car approaching. He knew he had lost the plot when he saw his wife's car approaching. We would have been out-numbered otherwise - that had to be the first thing he had to do. To shoot the mistress and her daughter, then drag their bodies out to the shed, then wait for his wife to arrive, when she walked in he could easily put the gun to her head and end her life too.
Then leave their bodies in the shed covered with the plastic.
Apparently there was a text message sent to someone to look after the dogs, that person didn't arrive to look after the dogs and they all died (they were probably meant to "discover" the bodies), but that didn't happen. JMOO
:rose::rose::rose:

The utter cruelty, meanness and horror that some people perform is just so beyond what my mind can comprehend, but we see so much of it here, in the media, etc., etc.
All I can do is SMH, growl and even cry sometimes. Human beings -- damn.

Our constant mantra: What is wrong with people?

As they all died from one shot to the head - execution style - it would seem likely that as the mistress and her daughter were already living there that MB would have shot them first when he saw his wife's car approaching. He knew he had lost the plot when he saw his wife's car approaching. We would have been out-numbered otherwise - that had to be the first thing he had to do. To shoot the mistress and her daughter, then drag their bodies out to the shed, then wait for his wife to arrive, when she walked in he could easily put the gun to her head and end her life too.
Then leave their bodies in the shed covered with the plastic.
Apparently there was a text message sent to someone to look after the dogs, that person didn't arrive to look after the dogs and they all died (they were probably meant to "discover" the bodies), but that didn't happen. JMOO
:rose::rose::rose:
I don't believe someone would commit a triple homicide to avoid being discovered as an unfaithful husband. Due to the means of death, I think it was even possible they were shot while sleeping. JMO.

He has no chance of collecting any money.
He fled.
He shot them all purposefully in the head with a single shot.

This sounds like pent up anger, and could be as simple as the two women had been bickering or he discovered some plot they had against him and so he had enough and killed them all.

He has no chance of collecting any money.
He fled.
He shot them all purposefully in the head with a single shot.

This sounds like pent up anger, and could be as simple as the two women had been bickering or he discovered some plot they had against him and so he had enough and killed them all.

I still don't think that would be a motive for three murders. There has to be something else that we do not know about imo.

I just feel like something weird went down here. Forgive my memory, but has he been spotted anywhere since the bodies were discovered?

Just putting a few links together from recent possible sightings

7/21/2017
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...r-of-home-where-bodies-found-possibly-spotted
Bonneville County Sheriff's Office said Friday, July 21, 2017, that Bullinger may have been seen near near eastern Idaho's Swan Valley. They've searched the area but so far have not located him.

7/26/2017
http://www.postregister.com/articles/news-todays-headlines/2017/07/26/search-scaled-back-triple-homicide-suspect
-
JACKSON, Wyo. (AP) — Wyoming authorities are scaling back the search for a man wanted in connection to a triple homicide in Idaho.The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports it has been two weeks since 60-year-old Gerald Bullinger was seen entering Grand Teton National Park. Aggressive search efforts since then have turned up nothing.
-Police say a car registered to his wife, one of the victims, was found at a campground in Teton County. He was seen in the car entering the national park in mid-June.
-Deputies checked the Fall Creek area near Swan Valley where the sighting was reported but weren’t able to locate Bullinger. The Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office has not confirmed if the sighting was in fact Bullinger

8/4/2017. https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/08/man-wanted-in-murder-case-possibly-spotted-near-mesa-falls/
river guide told deputies he spotted some men “acting suspicious” along the Henrys Fork of the Snake River between Lower Mesa Falls and Bear Gulch. The guide believed one of men could have been Gerald “Mike” Bullinger.
( deputies responded, one injured an ankle and was carried out by a boat) (JMO, I just don't think he would be either "other men")

I still don't understand how he thought he'd pull off whatever he planned when he bought the house up there.
Plenty of men have mistresses for many years. Both parties married and discreet about it.
Buying a house with one while moving the other into it? That's just crazy.
I can't understand how he thought it would work. :dunno:

I still don't understand how he thought he'd pull off whatever he planned when he bought the house up there.
Plenty of men have mistresses for many years. Both parties married and discreet about it.
Buying a house with one while moving the other into it? That's just crazy.
I can't understand how he thought it would work. :dunno:
Maybe his mistress planned to find another place to live and he was helping her so she and her daughter would be moved out by the time his wife arrived? IDK.

My heart goes out to the families. I have absolutely nothing even remotely nice to say about MB. Not one thing.

Maybe his mistress planned to find another place to live and he was helping her so she and her daughter would be moved out by the time his wife arrived? IDK.

No it was pretty clear that she intended to live in the house. She posted about it all over facebook.
But Cheryl helped buy it and she was also talking about it at work.
It makes even less sense than most homicide cases...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back