Identified! ID - Oneida Co, UnkSex&Race UP13607, 12-16, skull in Two Mile Canyon, Oct'86 - Patricia Campbell

Romulus

Reaction score
1330UFID - Unidentified Female

1330UFID.jpg
1330UFID1.jpg
1330UFID2.jpg
1330UFID3.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim as White, Black, Asian and as a White adult. Please note that the renderings pictured were created without tissue depth markers and that details such as the jawline and left portion of the face were estimated due to only a partial skull being recovered.

Date of Discovery: October 26, 1986
Location of Discovery: Malad, Oneida County, Idaho
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown, perhaps around 1978
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 12-16 years old, although she may have been in her early 20s.
Race: Unknown. Initial sources list the victim as White with possible Black ancestry.
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery

The victim's partial skull was discovered in Two Mile Canyon near the city of Malad in Oneida County, Idaho by hunters.
Authorities suspect that this victim's case may be related to that of two other unsolved cases in the area of Tina Anderson (12) and Patricia Campbell (15), who disappeared on July 23, 1978 from Alameda Park in Pocatello, Idaho during the "Pioneer Days" celebration. The girls' remains were discovered not far from where this victim was found. Anderson's remains were discovered and identified in 1981. Campbell's remains were also found at the scene but were not identified until March 2007. Both girls had been shot to death.
A witness reported to have seen Anderson and Campbell with a young man wearing a hooded blue sweatshirt and a large ring.
In 2007, the scene where the three sets of remains were found was excavated a second time and new evidence was recovered, some of it described to be vital toward prosecuting a group of suspects, although the cases are currently unsolved.
Besides the killings of Anderson and Campbell, investigators also state there is a possibility that the case is connected to the murders of Linda Smith and Cindy Bringhurst, both who were teenagers from Pocatello whose remains were located in the outskirts of the city. Smith was abducted and murdered in 1981, while Bringhurst disappeared while babysiting in 1983.
The unidentified female's skull was lost when it was shipped to a lab to be processed for DNA. Photographs, however, were taken prior to this.
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Oneida County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: E. Horsley
Agency Phone Number: 208-766-4330
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2006-490

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 13607

Information Source(s)

NamUs
East Idaho Cold Cases
Idaho State Journal (January 20, 2007)
Idaho State Journal (May 14, 2007)
Idaho State Journal (May 10, 2007)
Doe Network http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=130

Partial skull lost by local law enforcement has now been found

The partial skull of an unidentified person that had been lost by law enforcement for several years has now been found and authorities are investigating how it could be linked to the unsolved abduction and murder of two Pocatello girls.

Oneida County Sheriff Arne Jones confirmed to the Journal this week that the lost partial skull first discovered by hunters in October 1986 in the Trail Hollow area of Oneida County has been located and is now undergoing analysis by the FBI.

“We are just hoping to get some more information about the remains to give us a direction of where to go or look next,” Jones said.

Her updated DoeNetwork page:

1330UFID

1330UFID1.jpg
1330UFID.jpg
1330UFID2.jpg
1330UFID3.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim as Black, White, Asian and as a White adult. Please note that the renderings pictured were created without tissue depth markers and details such as the jawline and portions of the left side of victim's face were estimated to complete the image.

Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Race: Unknown. A 2006 examination suggested the victim as Black or Black and White.
Sex: Unknown, presumed female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Pending.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's partial skull was discovered in Two Mile Canyon near the city of Malad in Oneida County, Idaho by hunters.

Authorities suspect that this victim's case may be related to that of two other unsolved cases in the area of Tina Anderson (12) and Patricia Campbell (15), who disappeared on July 23, 1978 from Alameda Park in Pocatello, Idaho during the "Pioneer Days" celebration. The girls' remains were discovered not far from where this victim was found. Anderson's remains were discovered and identified in 1981. Campbell's remains were also found at the scene but were not identified until March 2007. Both girls had been shot to death.

A witness reported to have seen Anderson and Campbell with a young man wearing a hooded blue sweatshirt and a large ring.

In 2007, the scene where the three sets of remains were found was excavated a second time and new evidence was recovered, some of it described to be vital toward prosecuting a group of suspects, although the cases are currently unsolved.

Besides the killings of Anderson and Campbell, investigators also state there is a possibility that the case is connected to the murders of Linda Smith and Cindy Bringhurst, both who were teenagers from Pocatello whose remains were located in the outskirts of the city. Smith was abducted and murdered in 1981, while Bringhurst disappeared while babysiting in 1983.

The unidentified female's skull was initially lost when it was shipped to a lab to be processed for DNA. It was later rediscovered in 2018 and sent to the FBI for examination.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Oneida County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: E. Horsley
Agency Phone Number: 208-766-4330
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2006-490

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 13607

Information Source(s)
NamUs
East Idaho Cold Cases
Idaho State Journal (January 20, 2007)
Idaho State Journal (May 14, 2007)
Idaho State Journal (May 10, 2007)
Idaho State Journal (September 2, 2018)

-------------------------------

Her NamUs page:

Unidentified Person Case

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP13607
Unsure, Uncertain
Date Found: October 26, 1986
Location Found: near Malad Idaho, Idaho
Estimated Age Range: --

Street Address: Two Mile Canyonnear Malad Idaho, Idaho
County: Oneida County
GPS Coordinates: --
Circumstances of Recovery: Skull was found in a rural are of Oneida county, Idaho, in 1986

Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains:
  • Torso not recovered
  • One or more limbs not recovered
  • One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description

Hair Color: Unknown or Completely Bald
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Right Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features

No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

E2311877-9AC0-4F5C-9324-6E4C8088FD23.jpeg C54E6212-F051-499F-B79F-60A908F82C6A.jpeg
Is it possible this is Patricia Osborn? She went missing in 1983 from Washington but is believed to be a green river victim. She is Black/White, possibly like Jane Doe.
She was 19 at her disappearance.

NamUs link for Patricia: Missing Person Case

Would it be possible for someone w/ a NamUs account to post the list of exclusions? Thank you

Thought it would be good to post a link here to the other WS thread on the Pocatello area abductions & unsolved cases:

ID - Pocatello Abductions, 1978-1983

2018 article from the Idaho State Journal that discusses the missing persons and unsolved cases.

Pocatello police looking for cold case connections, including girl supposedly killed by Ted Bundy

"[Pocatello Police Capt. James] McCoy said the disappearances and deaths of the girls are unusual because they all happened during an eight-year span.

'This is a significant cluster of dead or missing girls in a relatively short time period,' McCoy said. 'Something like that is a huge anomaly for this town.'

McCoy declined to say whether police believe a serial killer is responsible for killing the girls.

McCoy said Pocatello police detectives are utilizing new technologies such as advanced DNA testing and historical satellite imagery in their reinvestigation of the cold cases."

Ted Bundy confessed to killing 12-year-old Lynette Culver, who disappeared from the area in 1975. Her remains were never found. Not necessarily suggesting this is Culver, but would like to see if LE has any exclusions so far.

Last edited:
Would it be possible for someone w/ a NamUs account to post the list of exclusions? Thank you

Thought it would be good to post a link here to the other WS thread on the Pocatello area abductions & unsolved cases:

ID - Pocatello Abductions, 1978-1983

2018 article from the Idaho State Journal that discusses the missing persons and unsolved cases.

Pocatello police looking for cold case connections, including girl supposedly killed by Ted Bundy

"[Pocatello Police Capt. James] McCoy said the disappearances and deaths of the girls are unusual because they all happened during an eight-year span.

'This is a significant cluster of dead or missing girls in a relatively short time period,' McCoy said. 'Something like that is a huge anomaly for this town.'

McCoy declined to say whether police believe a serial killer is responsible for killing the girls.

McCoy said Pocatello police detectives are utilizing new technologies such as advanced DNA testing and historical satellite imagery in their reinvestigation of the cold cases."

Ted Bundy confessed to killing 12-year-old Lynette Culver, who disappeared from the area in 1975. Her remains were never found. Not necessarily suggesting this is Culver, but would like to see if LE has any exclusions so far.
Hi DSCrime. There is just the one exclusion:

MP2065 Diane Schulte 03/25/1977 Canyon ID

I do have to point out to everyone that the reconstructions (created by me) might not be suitable for comparison. A third of the skull (left side) was missing, as well as the mandible. I also have to add that there were no tissue depth markers on the skull, so the shape of her face might not be accurate. I'm a self-taught forensic artist (obviously) and have encountered criticism for my renderings. I have purchased Karen T. Taylor's Forensic Art and Illustration as well as Natalie Murry's Digital Forensic Art Techniques.

I do believe the locations of her eyes and mouth are reasonable; the area of nose was difficult to ascertain, possibly because the photo was taken at an angle.
After I released the first revisions, I noticed the skull photos were removed from NamUs, which may have been law enforcement's response to my images. They have not commented or endorsed them.

I took down most of the "amateur" reconstructions from the Unidentified Wiki regarding a harsh comment regarding their quality and accuracy. I left this one up because it's used to represent the website and I feel it's one of the best-looking images I've created.

I hope after the skull was rediscovered, a new rendering will be created.

I do have to point out to everyone that the reconstructions (created by me) might not be suitable for comparison. A third of the skull (left side) was missing, as well as the mandible. I also have to add that there were no tissue depth markers on the skull, so the shape of her face might not be accurate. I'm a self-taught forensic artist (obviously) and have encountered criticism for my renderings. I have purchased Karen T. Taylor's Forensic Art and Illustration as well as Natalie Murry's Digital Forensic Art Techniques.

I do believe the locations of her eyes and mouth are reasonable; the area of nose was difficult to ascertain, possibly because the photo was taken at an angle.
After I released the first revisions, I noticed the skull photos were removed from NamUs, which may have been law enforcement's response to my images. They have not commented or endorsed them.

I took down most of the "amateur" reconstructions from the Unidentified Wiki regarding a harsh comment regarding their quality and accuracy. I left this one up because it's used to represent the website and I feel it's one of the best-looking images I've created.

I hope after the skull was rediscovered, a new rendering will be created.

Hi Gourami Watcher, thnx for the clarification. Given how little of the skull was actually recovered, I'm now surprised that there's even 1 exclusion in NamUs.

Is it possible that this is a male?? Possibly even the young male described in the narrative: “A witness reported to have seen Anderson and Campbell with a young man wearing a hooded blue sweatshirt and a large ring.” ETA: The reason I ask is this victim’s cause of death was beating...the others were shot to death?

Cause of Death: Homicide by beating

Race: Unknown. A 2006 examination suggested the victim as Black or Black and White.
Sex: Unknown, presumed female

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA
: Pending

Current list of Missing Person exclusions per NamUs:

MP2065 Diane Schulte 03/25/1977 Canyon ID

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors