GUILTY ID - Ruth Cassidy & Elisabeth Crossley for child neglect, Coeur d'Alene, 2010

and apparently she is even more worried about HER library books - this says to me that this woman really doesnt have a clue in regard to the heinousness of her treatment of these children... unfortunately i think this woman will take to prison nicely since it means that someone else will be providing her with food and shelter. grrr....

and apparently she is even more worried about HER library books - this says to me that this woman really doesnt have a clue in regard to the heinousness of her treatment of these children... unfortunately i think this woman will take to prison nicely since it means that someone else will be providing her with food and shelter. grrr....

...where she can perhaps make another 3,964 friends, though presumably no 4-legged ones.

I really fear for those little girls, who turn two tomorrow, based on their genetic code. Praying a healthy new environment will make genetics moot. Their "father's" personal networking sites don't do a thing to leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling. Good thing there wasn't one more crazy in the mix "raising" the girls.

FWIW, from the photos of the few cats and dogs on her myspace page, they appear to be in good health, but I doubt words like spay, neuter and vaccinate are in her vocabulary. Besides, those would cut into her cigarette money.

7 cats and 2 dogs living in an 800 sq ft apartment with two unemployed women on food stamps does not scream "responsible pet owner." Yet the animals got care those precious babies never did.

I hope the humane society has checked these animals against the "Lost" ads on their web site and in their office. Some may have "wandered" away from their true homes into her lair.

ETA: Kudos to whoever created a myspace page in order to leave comments under a few of her photos.

Abused twins' 'father' wants custody (snipped)

He said he was led to believe the girls were fathered by a man his wife cheated on him with. The girls were not given Crossley as a last name by their mother, according to court documents. He said she was six months pregnant before he found out from a friend that she was possibly carrying his child.

He has been in touch with child protection authorities in Idaho and will be getting a paternity test soon. If they are his daughters, he wants custody, he said.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_0c268831-75c0-5293-8c2e-12ee5f80dd08.html

Women sentenced in abuse of twin girls

Crossley, Cassidy each receive five years in prison
(snipped)

The mother and daughter responsible for one of Coeur d'Alene's worst cases of child abuse were sentenced to five years in prison on Monday.

The first two years of the sentence will be fixed, meaning neither Elisabeth C. Crossley, 27, nor Ruth K. Cassidy, 55, will be eligible for parole until the third year.

Defense attorneys Jed Nixon, representing Cassidy, and Crossley's public defender, Craig Zanetti, recommended probation so the women could seek treatment for their mental issues.

The stigma attached to Crossley since the case has been punishment in its own right, he said, including hearing taunts of "sick, evil *****" from people since she was released from Kootenai County jail on her own recognizance after pleading guilty earlier this year.

"(Crossley) only wanted the best for the girls," Zanetti said. "She just couldn't provide the means for it."

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_666e7b41-fcb4-5e57-8527-59df36d22d37.html

The best what?? Ugh...

Only five years?? That makes me sick! What they did to those girls will have life-long effects on them and they get five years??? Where is the justice in these cases???

And I hope the dad doesn't get custody. He doesn't sound like much of a prize.

Something tells me THIS is what is behind him wanting those girls.
I usually believe family should be utilized before foster care.. but the dad scares me...

"After reading the coverage about the case, he said he was blown away by the kindness people in Coeur d'Alene have shown in donating to accounts set up for the girls after their mother and grandmother were arrested."

Yep, I'm with both of you. I doubt this guy really wants to be daddy...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back