GUILTY ID - Taryn Summers, 8, sibs Tristan Sexton 17 (MISSING 10/1) & Taylor 14, safe, 15 Apr 2021 *arrest

Live Press Conference Updates:
  • No questions after comments - "The reason it is a very active case and an ongoing investigation"
  • Can confirm body has been discovered. Body is in identification but is believed to be of 8 year old Taryn Summers. Suspect arrested in Ada County.
  • Body not found with Tristan or Taylor.
  • LE has been in contact with Taylor and does not believe her to be in danger
  • Family has been in contact with Tristan and he is not believed to be in danger at this time

Live Press Conference Updates:
  • No questions after comments - "The reason it is a very active case and an ongoing investigation"
  • Can confirm body has been discovered. Body is in identification but is believed to be of 8 year old Taryn Summers. Suspect arrested.
  • Body not found with Tristan or Taylor.
  • LE has been in contact with Taylor and does not believe her to be in danger
  • Family has been in contact with Tristan and he is not believed to be in danger at this time

But why in the world does it appear there was NO investigation after the two older ones both ran away? That is super unusual and someone should have been asking why. Poor Taryn. My heart is breaking.

But why in the world does it appear there was NO investigation after the two older ones both ran away? That is super unusual and someone should have been asking why. Poor Taryn. My heart is breaking.

I remember seeing a couple of notices when Tristan ran away last fall and while you never can tell for sure with LE, I formed the impression they thought he had abundant cause to leave.

Good god she was eight years old. She barely had enough time to dip her feet into the world. It's rare a case makes me cry just by reading about it and hearing press conferences but I'm watering up as I type. I hope the gods are shining down on the other children and that they are found safe and sound.

We can't use the name until LE releases it.

<modsnip>

Gem County Coroner called to home on Airport Road in Emmett
"The Gem County Sheriff's Office says a suspect was arrested in Ada County earlier on Thursday. The sheriff did not identify the suspect. The Ada County Sheriff's jail roster has a Connie Ann Smith, 54, of Emmett, that's been booked on first-degree murder."

Smith, Connie Ann - Emmett, ID
Arrest Date: Thu 4/15
Time: 6:16 PM
Agency Idaho State Police
Severity F
Charge Murder I
Statute I18-4001-I
Type Out of County Warrant

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics