PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Idaho Caveman "Dugout Dick" Dies at age 94

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Recovering-Lurker, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Recovering-Lurker

Recovering-Lurker I'm Back and on My Best Behavior

This man lived outside of my hometown in his caves he built on the side of the mountain. Everyone in town, surrounding town and people who passed through, know who he was. Really cool guy.

I wish his brother would reconsider having his remains sent to Illinois. He loved his caves, and that's where he should rest in peace imo. I hope they keep the caves as they are, but the land will probably go to the BLM, and they won't leave them.

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/04/23/1164899/death-of-caveman-ends-an-era-in.html#ixzz0lxcA61et

Videos:
    http://vodpod.com/watch/1105098-yertpod19-diggin-dugout-dick-in-idaho

[video=youtube;KD53LVjXIHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD53LVjXIHs[/video]

2. Ardeaa

Ardeaa Member

Oh yeah, wasn't there a book written about/by him a few years ago? I think I ran across it somewhere. There was a nice article in the Statesman today (I live in Boise).

3. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

What a cool story! WOW! I'm in Illinois, send "them" to me and I will send them back. In the same way us Cub fans who sit in the bleachers chant throw it back! if an opposing teams ball winds up in the bleachers.

Dugout Dick, should have his remains where he loved most, right where he lived amongst his caves in rural idaho.

I wonder if he knew about carbon inprints. I bet he'd like to stand his grown and say hey, this was mine and I did it right! Let me be in peace in what I loved most. I sure hope his family doesn't take that away from him because it does not fit their image of what they would have liked from him.

Amazing!

Rest in peace Mr. Dugout Dick. God Bless you!

4. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Bump for Doug out Dick. I thought about him today...

and how interesting of a discussion comparing his life with those who pay close to 6 thousand a month in child support and alimony.... and those whose who have million dollar properties they sell as tear downs.... and how for some reason those numbers are so important in our lives.

I thought about Dug out Dick, and how I would like to learn more about his life.
    And I hope he knows how much a warm cup of coffee is appreciated.- and that those of us have not forgotten some clean water exists and it' boiling point is only semi important. And a little mud and worms and dirty hands aren't so bad......

Dug out Dick... You were green when it wasn't easy and before it was cool.
    Thank you for allowing the media into your world to remind us what is really important in being true to yourself.

What you stood for won't be forgotten.

Cubbs'

5. montana_16

montana_16 Active Member

Great post Cubby. I just love folks like him. I want to learn more about him and his life also.

6. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

That's great that he had such a long life living where he wanted the way he enjoyed it.