If innocent, would a press conference help Terri?

I don't think Kaine and Desiree have gotten 'weird' like that either; their hope that he's alive and being held somewhere is understandable. I really don't believe that to be the case, but stranger things have happened.

In the Dateline special, I remember watching Tony as Desiree answered that "we" believe Kyron is still alive. The look on his face and in his eyes ... to me, that was one of the most heartbreaking moments of this entire case, especially when contrasted with Desiree's earnest, hopeful look. Tony realizes what (most likely) lies ahead, and while I can see he is dreading the thought of having to console her on the death of her son, I am so glad he's there for her. I can't imagine anyone better to help her get through this. I only wish Kaine had someone like that too.

I hope that made sense.

I don't think Kaine and Desiree have gotten 'weird' like that either; their hope that he's alive and being held somewhere is understandable. I really don't believe that to be the case, but stranger things have happened.

In the Dateline special, I remember watching Tony as Desiree answered that "we" believe Kyron is still alive. The look on his face and in his eyes ... to me, that was one of the most heartbreaking moments of this entire case, especially when contrasted with Desiree's earnest, hopeful look. Tony realizes what (most likely) lies ahead, and while I can see he is dreading the thought of having to console her on the death of her son, I am so glad he's there for her. I can't imagine anyone better to help her get through this. I only wish Kaine had someone like that too.

I hope that made sense.

Thank you. That makes total sense. And I agree that while you and I may disagree, what Desiree and Kaine have put forth is not unreasonable. Maybe unlikely (as I believe he's dead), but not unreasonable, and not something impossible either. That's the point I was trying to make. These aren't deluded parents making up any scheme in the belief that their child is alive, or trying to get the police to look elsewhere, anywhere but the obviously sensical answer.

And Terri had all the time in the world during the day to do what she needed to do. I think we'll find out in time just what she's capable of and how far she would go to do what she wants to do above anything else. And it's amazing how much getting lawyers and not talking, despite stupid decision making, can slow down or impede an real investigation. It's not like it is on TV, not by a long shot.

Terri had a DUI five years ago, by all accounts an isolated incident, and both Terri and Dede have had multiple traffic violations; however, beyond that, neither Terri nor Dede has had any other major scrapes with the law.

It is "wild" to me that Terri, with her 18-month-old daughter in tow, facilitated Kyron's abduction from a school in which she was well-known, with the help of another seemingly normal, law-abiding woman and with the help of an unknown third party who is keeping Kyron alive but hidden, convincing all those involved to maintain their silence in the aftermath of the state's largest investigation of its kind and despite consistent national attention, subsequently losing her home, child, reputation, friends, and for reasons neither Kaine nor Desiree can even begin to speculate about or understand. It is mind boggling to me that the number of agencies involved in this case, including the FBI, have not managed to infiltrate this ring of suburban criminals, or that Terri, as careless as she seems to be about her electronic correspondence while the focus of an investigation, was somehow thoughtful and responsible enough to not leave a shred of evidence that would lead to her accomplices.

That's where they lose me. (and with the addition of more accomplices in order to make things *fit*)

How can someone be so cunning and manipulative in planning the perfect crime, one that stumps 22 local, state and federal LE agencies ... and yet neglect to set up a believable alibi and be so utterly inept and just plain weird after the fact so as to engender such negative attention and place themselves squarely in the crosshairs of the investigation?

Boggles the mind, indeed.

Thank you. That makes total sense. And I agree that while you and I may disagree, what Desiree and Kaine have put forth is not unreasonable. Maybe unlikely (as I believe he's dead), but not unreasonable, and not something impossible either. That's the point I was trying to make. These aren't deluded parents making up any scheme in the belief that their child is alive, or trying to get the police to look elsewhere, anywhere but the obviously sensical answer.

And Terri had all the time in the world during the day to do what she needed to do. I think we'll find out in time just what she's capable of and how far she would go to do what she wants to do above anything else. And it's amazing how much getting lawyers and not talking, despite stupid decision making, can slow down or impede an real investigation. It's not like it is on TV, not by a long shot.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those that hangs on for a long time. Unless Terri or whoever is guilty for taking Kyron comes forward and confesses, we're not going to have a resolution any time soon. imo

That's where they lose me. (and with the addition of more accomplices in order to make things *fit*)

How can someone be so cunning and manipulative in planning the perfect crime, one that stumps 22 local, state and federal LE agencies ... and yet neglect to set up a believable alibi and be so utterly inept and just plain weird after the fact so as to engender such negative attention and place themselves squarely in the crosshairs of the investigation?

If Terri did it this was not a perfect crime by my standards. We'd be looking for a stranger predator now if she'd committed the perfect crime IMO, not talking about her, wondering if she'll be indicted and if her 350.000 dollar criminal defence attorney can save her behind.

I am still hopeful that the LE agencies have not been stumped. They might have a pretty good idea what happened but are still collecting proof that will hold in the courtroom. I hope so, anyway. I'm not ready to give up yet.

The how-can-they-be-so-dumb-and-so-smart argument has lost some of its power with me with the Haleigh Cummings case. LE said that Misty Croslin, her babysitter, was the key and many people thought that she couldn't have stumped LE because she had dropped out of school at the 6th grade and reportedly has trouble with the reading ability. Her whole set doesn't appear to act too bright because they've been involved in a number of shenanigans and in January LE got five people busted and facing 15 years or more in prison for dealing $300 worth of prescription pills. But here they are a year and a half later and no Haleigh, no charges. Apparently sometimes you don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to get away with a crime, for a while anyway.

I respectfully must ask, what exactly does the response of the extreme situation have to do with STEADFAST post about the "nit-picking" done of Kaine and Desiree and that they should be applauded rather than met with criticism over anything and everything they do or say in the media?

The point I'm failing to make is that people's experiences affect their perceptions, sometimes in unexpected ways. To analyse statements made by KH and DY rather than to just accept them as objective truth is only common sense and not unreasonable.

Unreasonable starts, I believe, when stuff like DY's hairstyle becomes the subject of discussion or what she chooses to wear or doesn't wear to a particular press conference or interview. That has nothing to do with anything but that particular commentator's personal taste and I'd rather they kept it to themselves. Fortunately Websleuths is not prey to much of that sort of commentary.

To analyse and yes, even criticise the actual message given, seems to me to be a part of reasonable discourse.

To me, it falls into the category of reality checking.

I've read a good bit about the Gosch case. There are some really wacko conspiracy theories out there. Sadly, I think that Noreen bought into some of those theories. At any rate...

I was wondering if you would mind linking me to your source which provided the info bolded above. Thanks.

I think Noreen is a victim of grief, which can have terrible effects on every victim.

I don't have an online source; all I have is my younger brother who had a job with that paper during those years where he supervised the actual carriers and delivered the bundles of papers to the drop sites.

After Johnny Gosch was abducted, there was no change in policies. After Eugene Martin was abducted, my brother had to fire about half his carriers because they did not meet the new age requirement.

I hope that made sense.
If it was my lil guy that was missing I would have to hold out hope, as they do, otherwise I would go crazy.
That has to be the only thing that is keeping them sane at this point.
Thinking she handed him off to someone and he is alive and well. With out proof of some kind how can they just "say" will its been too long, he must be dead and move on with their lives.. They can't do that.

What scares me with this case is the lack of evidence.. Even circumstantial evidence. I can't help but compare this with the Scott Peterson case. We didn't have a crime scene there was no evidence in the truck or the boat, the only think they had was the location the bodies washed up at, the mistress, and the homemade weights. Doesn't seem like a lot but that is more then we have in this case.

Here we have TH who has lied of her whereabouts' and failed some polygraphs (that are not even admissible)..
She has strange behavior and the MFH plot..
That is it...

I do believe TH is guilty but I am just wondering if they never find Kyron will they ever be able to prosecute her for it?

Would Scott Peterson have been prosecuted if the bodies had not washed up where they did, or at all?? I am not sure...

Grainnedhu, that case has some good points. But what bothers is me is that I have yet to hear Desiree and Kaine put out wild theories about what happened to their son, unless the theory that Terri did it is wild to some, I suppose. It's not wild to me, though. They have not put forward pedophile rings or drug lords or anything else out there that just doesn't make any sense. They are going with their gut, logic, and hope.

SBM

Respectfully, I think the idea that TMH handed Kyron off to someone else who is keeping him alive somewhere is pretty wild.

The seeming proliferation of accomplices is pretty borderline, as well. First it was just TMH, then it was TMH plus 3 friends, then it was TMH plus DDS, then it was TMH plus DDS plus a third unknown person? All that seems pretty farfetched to me.

At any rate, the time to constructively analyse and even criticise someone's words is not when they are obviously no longer in touch with consensus reality; it's much better to do so all along, so that if they take that turn away from consensus reality, someone in a position to help can do so.

I'm not equating constructive analysis and criticism to comments about DY's hair or outfits or whether KH chooses to wear his wedding ring or not. Those are such personal and trivial issues, I'm surprised when they come up in discussion!

But asking things like "is it reasonable or likely that TMH could know someone who would hold Kyron for her apparently indefinitely?" seems to me to be a reasonable and intelligent questions to ask.

And differing with KH and DY on whether it is wise or constructive to fling mud all over TMH is also fair. They are choosing to make allegations, are we just supposed to accept them without question?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back