IF Ronald Cumming Is Involved in Harming Haleigh What is His Motive? *LIST*

Ron had no motive. He simply "lost it" and Haleigh's demise was the result. He was under a lot of stress with Misty acting out and disappearing for three days, perhaps leaving him without a permanent live-in babysitter; Haleigh's school was watching him because of her tardiness and many absences; he had a drug habit that he had to feed; he had a job that he had to show up for on a regular schedule, which did not fit into his lifestyle; he probably had TN and GMS breathing down his neck making sure that Haleigh and Jr. were being properly taken care of. I think he encountered the "straw that broke the camel's back" and afterwards conned Misty into thinking that it was all her fault and thus began the cover-up. I can almost imagine him screaming at Misty "look what you made me do". TN and GMS then also colluded with Ron in the cover-up. No ulterior motive here. Just a bad temper, drug habit, criminal bent and an upbringing that excused him from all responsibility for his actions.

If he is involved, and if Misty is covering for him, why would she have refused to answer all those calls that night?
I don't believe he was involved, unless it was a terrible accident, so if that is the case, why would Misty be implicating her brother and cousin and not Ronald? Unless she hates her family more than she loves Ronald.
Well... that actually makes sense, doesn't it? Women are sometimes twisted when it comes to their men.

I still don't see where RC was there to harm HaLeigh, indirectly, yes, poor decisions/judgements, yes, but he had nothing physically to do with HaLeigh's alleged abduction/demise. I think physical is the key word, to me...

Most often, the last one to be with the child is the one who has done something. GGMS claims to have been at the MH between 7pm and 8pm, HaLeigh was fine. It's after that time, while RC was definately at work that this took place. I still want to know if MC had a key to the back door. Since this door is always locked, I want to know how someone got into the MH from the use of this backdoor. LE claims it had not been tampered with! Did she have a key?

I also know, if I couldn't reach my "babysitter" by phone, letting all these calls go unanswered ( initally heard 20 calls it now morphed into 90???), I would have marched myself into my supervisors office and tell them this so I could leave to find out what was going on at my place??? Doesn't seem that any of these players have a solid brain between them. One stupider than the next, IMO yet, diabolical!

I still feel, even as FH's claims MC loved children was HaLeigh a thorn in her side? Was she jealous of RC's 'heart'? Was HaLeigh being rambunctious this night and refused to go to sleep? When ToC allegedly came by with his children and they smoked a joint, did HaLeigh tell MC, I'm telling daddy, no one's supposed to be here when he's not...did she hit her too hard? I don't know how intelligent Jr. is, his speaking skills but wouldn't he have known if sissy was in trouble with MC??? Did HaLeigh get into drugs? Could she have found one pill and swallowed it??? There are endless possibilites one can come up with but will LE ever learn the ugly truth???

I also feel, MC is trying to hard to say it was JO who took HaLeigh, especially with the molestation but feel this is possible..why ToC? He himself is a father, would he allow someone to hurt another child??? I also feel, if ToC confessed to his part if RC was the one responsible for HaLeigh he would not hesitate to say so, IMO...he would not cover for RC!

I feel, RC is not physically responsible for HaLeigh's demise. Whatever happened to HaLeigh, he should not have had a 17 y/o who didn't want to be there, be there. He should have let her go, I know if I had to call out sick, I would. I also wonder why TN or GGMS would not keep the children this night? Why would you make someone babysit who really didn't want to...another error, poor judgement calls seem to have led to HaLeigh's demise.

Then I think back to this alleged fight with JO over this gun. Did JO/ToC have that much hatred for RC to take HaLeigh since the gun was no where to be found. Would this be the ultimate payback for a known bully (RC) to hurt him endlessly??? Much like CA, who adamantly denies this physical altercation happened with KC, would be the catalyst for HaLeigh's demise, as well...JMHO

Justice for HaLeigh

Misty was never given a key. That's why when or if she left the mobile home was left unlocked. I can't remember who all besides Ron, GGS, and Teresa had a key. That might
be it.

I think the motive was love for Misty. I think he told her to just go ahead and lock the kids in the trailer and go do what she had to do and come home. I feel Haleigh either got into something or she was given to much stuff to make her sleep.

I don't think he had a motive for harming Haleigh. I beleive that part was an accident, I think he or Misty gave Haleigh something to make her sleep and she died. I think he had motive for wanting it covered up and I think those reasons are the illegal drugs and him losing custody of Junior.

So I don't think he intentionally meant to hurt Haleigh just wanted her to not be a problem for Misty who was recovering from a wild weekend and who didn't want to babysit so he could go to work, and when she did die he had motive to cover it up as well as the rest of them.... I hope this makes since.

Perfectly, always has been my speculation, that or an altercation between RC and MC and little Haleigh got in the way and was accidently hurt and soon after died.

God bless little Haleigh!

Misty was never given a key. That's why when or if she left the mobile home was left unlocked. I can't remember who all besides Ron, GGS, and Teresa had a key. That might
be it.

Ron did say that the backdoor was 'lock bumped' but that was after he said it was 'pry barred' We know the door was open when GGM (If we take her at her word) stopped by. We know no one answered when Tommy stopped by. IF Misty didn't have a key, and left the house, I think it's reasonable to assume she knew she'd be able to get back in later on. So either the door was left unlocked, or whoever she was with lock bumped the door to let her back in (which makes me wonder why she'd lock it in the first place). Or, and here's the drum roll for me....whoever she was with had the key that let her back in.

My first post so please go easy on me lol. If RC was directly involved then I believe there was no motive because more than likely it was an accident. However, I really believe he was indirectly involved. He should have never left his children with a 17 year old girl that had been up for 3 days doing drugs. For this, he should be held accountable. Only my opinion.

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS and the HALEIGH FORUM! :woohoo:

(Everyone go easy on her! :D)

If RC has any involvement is HaLeigh's death, I would have to say that it was accidental and probably due to Ron's explosive temper.

While I've been following this case since the beginning, I've only recently been posting at WS. I've always thought that the time line is hinky, and I believe that something happened to HaLeigh earlier in the day, probably before RC was headed to work. I've considered the possibility that there might have been a confrontation at the school regarding HaLeigh's attendance/tardiness issues and that RC overreacted and took it out on the little girl.

There is something suspicious about the doctored school document that has been available since early in the case. I think that HaLeigh's attendance at school that day is questionable and that if she was late or missed part of the school day, RC was contacted for an explanation. We will have to wait for arrests to be made and someone charged before official documents are made public, but I think there could be some interesting findings regarding HaLeigh's attendance at school that day. jmo

I don't think Haleigh's death was intentional.

I think RC and MC are covering for each other. Haleigh possibly ingested the drugs while on Ron's watch (maybe RC gave them to her?). She dies on MC's watch and her family helped dispose of the body. They are covering because they are equally responsible. RC for providing the drugs and MC for failing to obtain medical help when she began to convulse and eventually died as a result of the drugs. Then MC's family got sucked into the drama disposing of the body.

No Motive! The state is not required to prove motive in a murder case. It would be nice and I sure if this go to court there be many.

I have not seen or heard anything were Ron care if he does time for the bust.

He willing to do his 25 and Hope time too. And 25 is better than life or the DP.

Could it be his way of redeeming his self for Haleigh's death?

At this time in my mind the accident (even if it was one) is off the table for anyone who is involve with the dissapearance of Haleigh.

There is no excuses for the lies and coverup stories in the last 14 months.

This is a murder of a little girl and it to late to call it an accident. JMO

No Motive! The state is not required to prove motive in a murder case.

Yep, that's what I've been saying. Since it involves a child under 12, need I add the part about the parent or custodian? NO MOTIVE REQUIRED.

Control: Ron's overriding motive when dealing with others. Ironically he, himself, is very impulsive. A deadly combination for Haleigh. :(

jmo

No motive, just a drug induced out of control temper. Ronald Cummings is not a very nice guy, he is all about himself that's it. IMO, he had no real love for little Haleigh, or any one else for that matter, now weather he did this is up for speculation, I'm really on the fence about that one.

I'm not sure how to post this without seeming to go off topic but I think it's important.

The OP asked what would have been RC's motive (in harming Haleigh)?

IMHO no I do not think that RC deliberately, with malice or with aforethought harmed Haleigh. I'm saying that I do not think he planned to Murder Haleigh. I don't think he harmed in such way to be charged with voluntary manslaughter either but that remains to be seen.

Now, do I think it's possible that Haleigh was harmed during a altercation or harmed by ingesting a pill, or if she were disciplined in such a manner it caused her death? Possibly, I just don't know.

The above scenarios that describe and accidental death could still be a charge of Murder. It depends on how the SA chooses to prosecute that case. (example, a charge of murder can be brought forth if it is proved that the unintended death happened as a result of an act that could be seen as abusive -child abuse).

I am not educated in the field of law. I'm not even an armchair lawyer. But that is just my layman's understanding. JMHO!

I don't think anyone meant to kill Haleigh so there would be no motive in killing her, only in covering it up.

I think Ron went into a rage over the gun and Haleigh got in the way.

The motive for covering it up was that Haleigh's death would be the fear of the investigation...not just the illegal activities but that an "accidental" death would not be believed because of the life they lead.

I think Ron's motive for keeping his children was to spite Crystal & appease his mother & possibly grandmother. He said he won custody of his children because he was the better parent but I don’t believe Ron was motivated to make the sacrifices most parents willingly make in order to take proper care of their children. Chelsea said because HaLeigh was well groomed and well dressed, that proves Ron was a good father and clearly his lifestyle choices indicate he was not. If Ron was sincerely concerned about providing a stable home for his children, he wouldn't have abandoned his job at PDM Bridge IMO.

By Feb 09, Ron was being pressured by school officials and DCF to provide a standard of care for HaLeigh that Ron wasn’t capable of providing because of his lifestyle choices & he was leading a secret life. I personally do not believe Ron wanted his kids and it was all a pretense on his part. On the way home from work early Tuesday morning, Ron stopped to pick up several items from the store including beer which he may have intended to stay up and drink before he went to bed. Because he had to get up to get his daughter ready for school, this is an irresponsible decision. A responsible parent likely would have refused to work overtime if they were given a choice and they certainly wouldn’t have stopped at a store for buy beer and cigarettes. No, they would have wanted to get home as soon as possible in order to take care of their children and fulfill their parenting duties. HaLeigh had asthma and Ron should not have allowed anyone to smoke around her. Tommy did not accuse Ron of being a “no count dad” for no reason and he said Ron chose drugs over searching for his daughter. The amount of confusion and chaos in Ronald’s life alone is incomprehensible. According to Cobra, Ron was not angry at Misty for having an affair with WBG because “Ron was in love with Misty” and it was WBG Ron blamed for the affair and intended to seek out and harm.

Before Levis show last night, I really doubted that RC had any involvment other than he left unsuitable people in charge of his children. NOw, after listening to some of what was said on the show, I think I can see the picture of RC others have been seeing...there are some suspicious actions and statements on his part....I may be eating crow real soon. If he is involved, I definitely think it was because she OD'd on some pills, and as someone who does drugs himself, and it was his house, probably his drugs, then I can see where he would cover his butt, and want those around him quiet....it really is the only thing that makes sense...except I have a hard time believing Misty would cover for him this long, unless she too was involved in disposing of a body......I dont think Misty is afraid of Ron though.

The only reason I would believe is drugs or Haleigh getting into his drugs, and he wouldn't throw her into a river, but would bury her.

I think Ron is guilty of many things but not of murdering his daughter. I'm going by the timeline for the most part. This case is as frustrating as the Caylee Anthony case was. I wish someone would just hire a good psychic and get down to the truth of what really happened on the night that Haleigh "disappeared." Or hopefully, going by another thread that is closed about tonight's NG show, Tommy knows what happened to Haleigh according to his lawyer. We'll see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back