If the parents submitted to LE interviews today, would your opinion change?

Would your opinion of guilt change if the parents spoke to LE today?

• No, I would still be firm on guilt, too little too late

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • I might reconsider my view/undecided

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I would switch my view to being on the fence or consider innocence.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Wasn't there a meeting with LE, the NCMEC chairperson and the parents and attorneys in February? Even if no formal requests for separate interviews were made by LE the parents' continued refusal might have been apparent and if so, further requests would be pretty fruitless.

In the meantime, their baby is still missing.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/04/04/baby-lisas-disappearance-continues-to-stump-police-six-months-later/
Kansas City Missouri Police Sgt. Sondra Zink said police have not requested an interview with Lisa’s parents since they retained an attorney, however Deborah Bradley has been in contact with police on “a few occasions” to provide information, however those leads were not successful in furthering the investigation.

Didn't see this link posted anywhere yet, but thought this was a good place to have it regardless.

IOW, their last request to interview them separately was it. Do it or not - their choice. I see they've chosen not to.

:jail:

IOW, their last request to interview them separately was it. Do it or not - their choice. I see they've chosen not to.

:jail:

ITA. That request has never been rescinded that we have heard. No need to continually request the same thing. You certainly would not want to give their DT any cause to cry harrassment.

I don't get it. Back in 1997 when JonBenet was murdered, there was a lot of controversy because her parents refused to be interviewed by LE. It was said they had privileges because they were wealthy. But now we have the Irwins who are middle class yet aren't talking to LE either. Maybe it's not the best comparison because JonBenet's body was found in her home, whereas Lisa is still missing, so it would be extremely difficult for LE to make a case at this point.

Based upon them just talking to LE? No, but if they would talk to LE and tell the truth WITHOUT their attorneys trying to pull strings, I would consider it, depending on many things, one of those things being if LE believes they are being completely honest. I have a lot of faith in LE, not so much in Debbie and Jeremy at this point.
Regardless of what we would think of them, though, they should be talking, should have been talking from the beginning without stopping, to LE and telling everything they know, doing whatever they can to stand up for Lisa and show they truly did love and care about her. Sorry but I just haven't seen it. From the attorneys they were provided, to the way they paraded the two boys in front of the camera on Halloween for the news station, all helps me decide these two are all about themselves and maybe want people to forget. Lisa who?
I wish they'd tell the truth about it all, no more half truths which is a lie, and no more telling all to LE. Just do it!
I think they forget there is such a thing as karma.

MOO

These parents are well within their rights to be questioned with their attorneys present. That is the way the laws are written. I notice that some seem to want to overlook that, because they want DB and JI not to have rights at all, and then LE can just hammer away at them unmercifully until one of them blows from all the pressure and makes a possible false confession. It's happened many a time in cases where a witness has been coerced because they have no legal counsel. I'm glad DB and JI have obtained attorneys, to protect their legal rights.

These parents are well within their rights to be questioned with their attorneys present. That is the way the laws are written.

I notice that some seem to want to overlook that, because they want DB and JI not to have rights at all, and then LE can just hammer away at them unmercifully until one of them blows from all the pressure and makes a possible false confession.

It's happened many a time in cases where a witness has been coerced because they have no legal counsel. I'm glad DB and JI have obtained attorneys, to protect their legal rights.

BBM

1) Agreed.

2) That is not the way it works here and that is not the type of people we are. Most posters are for the rights of Baby Lisa and want her found. We want her parents to cooperate with the police. We want them to show that they care, that they want her back and beg people to keep looking for her. We want them to do everything in their power to achieve that goal. :maddening:

BBM

1) Agreed.

2) That is not the way it works here and that is not the type of people we are. Most posters are for the rights of Baby Lisa and want her found. We want her parents to cooperate with the police. We want them to show that they care, that they want her back and beg people to keep looking for her. We want them to do everything in their power to achieve that goal. :maddening:

I am all for the rights of Baby Lisa as well, but in order for that to happen, her parents' rights must not be overlooked. FYI, I didn't mean the people "here" on this site specifically, just a lot of people that I have encountered that are on the "DB is guilty" train.

I think it's an egregious act against the successful recovery of a child to change the timeline by several hours. There's no acceptable excuse. That is what makes me strongly suspect DB knows what happened to Lisa. Even if they felt they were being unfairly targeted by LE, they could have been, and still could be, far more vocal with the media about keeping Lisa's photo and circumstances out there. But, they don't. They want to get back to normal for the sake of the boys, they say. There are many loved ones of the missing who would die for this type of media attention.

You can have some kind of new normal for the boys AND keep trying hard to find your baby right? One doesn't exclude the other.

So, I do strongly suspect DB but still consider there could be a wildcard in the case that could change things. Depending on what came out of new LE interviews, I might give them more of a benefit of the doubt.

I agree totally about the timeline change. It has always been high on my list. I can't find any explanation that makes any kind of sense that excuses not stating exactly when you last remembered seeing your child at the first LE contact. That is highly suspicious.

IMO, it's never too late. I would feel more generous in giving benefit of doubt if they would take their lawyers and start working with LE and the media again. DB and JI must feel that JT is doing the right thing by them, or they would find a new attorney to advise them and get back out there. And that's highly suspicious as well.

JMO always.

These parents are well within their rights to be questioned with their attorneys present.

has it ever been explicitly stated by LE that they want to interview them with no lawyers present? all i've seen/read were articles like this (link) where it outlines that they want to be able to ask the "tough questions" (so-- YES-- there are things the parents can still tell LE) and not be "restricted" on how these questions are asked. it was JT who stated the part about "no lawyers", correct?... is this more DT spin (b/c he knows LE won't comment in response) to make LE look like bad guys??

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-police-tough-questions-parents/story?id=14810300

Maybe it's not the best comparison because JonBenet's body was found in her home, whereas Lisa is still missing, so it would be extremely difficult for LE to make a case at this point.

in the "pat brown" thread below, i've linked two very recent cases where a parent was charged (and one convicted of murder) for the death of their baby: baby bianca from detroit and lauryn dickens from memphis. both cases had at least one cadaver dog hit and in both cases no body was/has been found. i do wonder what the KCMOPD has up their sleeve if they believe they know what happened to lisa (death) and yet are waiting...

I believe there is an understood, standing request from LE for Baby Lisa's parents to come in for interviews. I believe LE wants them to tell them everything they know, remember and suspect. I don't think it really matters when the last formal request was made.

I believe it is a simple conflict the parents are experiencing. To me, it appears they are more concerned about protecting themselves (and their legal rights) than finding their sweet baby. I hear their choice loudly but others might be listening to a different and distracting noise. My simple and painful opinion.

has it ever been explicitly stated by LE that they want to interview them with no lawyers present? all i've seen/read were articles like this (link) where it outlines that they want to be able to ask the "tough questions" (so-- YES-- there are things the parents can still tell LE) and not be "restricted" on how these questions are asked. it was JT who stated the part about "no lawyers", correct?... is this more DT spin (b/c he knows LE won't comment in response) to make LE look like bad guys??

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-police-tough-questions-parents/story?id=14810300

in the "pat brown" thread below, i've linked two very recent cases where a parent was charged (and one convicted of murder) for the death of their baby: baby bianca from detroit and lauryn dickens from memphis. both cases had at least one cadaver dog hit and in both cases no body was/has been found. i do wonder what the KCMOPD has up their sleeve if they believe they know what happened to lisa (death) and yet are waiting...

Only a matter of time...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back