GUILTY IL - 5 Gee/Constant family members murdered in Beeson, 21 Sept 2009

Hello All!! I live in Decatur, IL and used to live in Lincoln, IL. This small, small, small town should not be subject to such a horrendous and unbelievable heinous crime. The news conferences here daily of course will still not state the type of death other than blunt force trauma. They have been flying planes overhead for 2 days prior to search for the obvious murder weapon. The fact of the truck was seen (different accounts a)just before the murders and b)just after the murders) is very well a stranger or someone that knew the family. It CAN NOT possibly be one suspect involved in these murders due to the way this occured. Had to be at least 2 perpetrators to beat 5 people to death. Very scary and eerie to even think about. We had a recent killing in Tuscola, IL where they robbed an old couple, tied them up stole their truck and then killing a sherrif trying to get away and then hence the big standoff in little town bank in Arcola,IL until they gave up. They came from Chicago????? Anyways, sorry to vent so long. Have A Great Evening. God Bless and everyone be safe!!!

hello,

I am from outside Effingham this case has got me on edge.... jumping at everything.

I remember the case in Tuscola(shop at the outlets). the part that they came from Chicago made me think that the killer or killers could came from Springfield or the interstate.

I wish we could get a drawing or picture of the truck. if there one out there and I missed it can someone please direct me.

Be safe!!!

I believe one perp could accomplish this crime under the guise of a robbery by holdin everyone at gunpoint while he ties or tapes victims or has the victims tie or tape each other. After all are rendered helpless he then proceeds to slaughter them with blows to the head, one after the other. This beast as to be stopped ASAP. No doubt LE was searching surrounding properties for murder weapon. This could have been something as gruesome as a hatchet or an axe. God help this small town recover although it will never be the same.

It could be but I am getting the impression it is more like a pry bar.

Here is a 31 inch pry bar. Note it is a cylindrical object with sharp edges.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00943307000P?keyword=pry+bar

If you run the mouse over the photo you will see it has four sharp sides around the cylinder which would make brutal cuts if used as a bludgeoning weapon. It also would leave a distinct pattern. The Craftsman photo makes the pry bar appear smaller but a 31 in. pry bar is pretty long about like some tire tools.

My pry bars are not curved except right at the tip but it still has the four sharp edges.

imo

Hi~ I live in Heyworth, about 20 miles from where this happened. I am spooked! The other day the police were at Huck's gas station here (the one big business that we have here in Heyworth) checking the surveillance tapes. For the first time ever, I am scared to walk my dogs at night, won't let my son walk by himself to his friend's house right up the street and lock my car IN THE GARAGE.

A blogger on our local newspaper's website created this in order to help people understand what the killer's truck could possibly look like. I did not create this, and this is just his understanding of what it could possibly look like. There has not been an official picture released as of yet.

http://www.smapdi.com/BeasonTruck/

from the presser: LE described the exhaust pipes as coming straight up out of the bed of the (small) truck between the cab and the tailgate of the truck.. toward the rear wheel wells.

If the perp drove this truck... I can see them being sawed off by this point in time!

The daily pressers have been suspended according to LE. There is no reward currently being offered other than crimestoppers.

I am worried!

good point!!! I do think this should be all over the news and I don't understand why it is not.

Maybe they don't want to spook the pert or perts.

Hi~ I live in Heyworth, about 20 miles from where this happened. I am spooked! The other day the police were at Huck's gas station here (the one big business that we have here in Heyworth) checking the surveillance tapes. For the first time ever, I am scared to walk my dogs at night, won't let my son walk by himself to his friend's house right up the street and lock my car IN THE GARAGE.

A blogger on our local newspaper's website created this in order to help people understand what the killer's truck could possibly look like. I did not create this, and this is just his understanding of what it could possibly look like. There has not been an official picture released as of yet.

If this is a serial killer on the loose, there is good reason to be worried and take extra security precautions. If it was a family member or friend and the murders were personal, there is less cause for worry, of course.

Beason killer possibly wounded in struggle

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_e61c11fa-a9f8-11de-b179-001cc4c03286.html

LINCOLN -- Whoever killed five members of the Gee family in Beason may have been wounded in a struggle, Logan County Sheriff Steve Nichols announced Saturday.

"During the brutal murders ... a violent struggle took place," Nichols said in a news release. "There is a possibility that the person or persons responsible may have been injured themselves."

The sheriff asked the public to "look at everyone they know and/or may encounter that may have recent injuries especially to their arms, head or upper body." There also may be wounds elsewhere on the body, he said.

Bumping for this poor family. Have there been any updates?

If this is a serial killer on the loose, there is good reason to be worried and take extra security precautions. If it was a family member or friend and the murders were personal, there is less cause for worry, of course.

I really believe that due to the upclose and personal nature of the killings, the perp will have known the family. Someone was clearly enraged and wanted NO witnesses to the crime. I think the entire family recognized the perp which is why he tried to erradicate the entire family. There should be lots of forensic evidence at the crime scene. LE will catch this creep but, it will take a little bit of time to process all the evidence.

I really believe that due to the upclose and personal nature of the killings, the perp will have known the family. Someone was clearly enraged and wanted NO witnesses to the crime. I think the entire family recognized the perp which is why he tried to erradicate the entire family. There should be lots of forensic evidence at the crime scene. LE will catch this creep but, it will take a little bit of time to process all the evidence.

I completely agree. I hope they catch him/her soon. what kind of monster can kill children in this way?

Trophing- I used to practice in Effingham- now live in Iowa. I'd be nervous as a cat about these murders. Only murder casw we've had around here was the Bentler family and their oldest son is in prison for that

Dillen, Austin, Rick, Jessica, Justina, Ruth, Tabitha in 2006

fix.jpg

http://www.lincolncourier.com/news/x1789532045/Task-force-organized-in-Beason

More than a dozen law enforcement agencies have joined in the investigation regarding the murder of a Beason family last week.

In association with the newly formed task force, the Logan County Sheriff's Department released images of trucks resembling descriptions of the truck seen in Beason the night before the family of Raymond "Rick" Gee was found slain in their home by Logan County deputies.

Gee, 46, his wife Ruth, 39, and their children — Justina, 16; Dillen, 14; and Austin, 11 — were found murdered last Monday. Autopsies confirmed each member had died of blunt force trauma. A fourth child, Tabitha, age 3, remains hospitalized in Peoria.

Logan County Sheriff Steve Nichols said the truck is primer gray with a squared-off front end and exhaust pipes extending vertically from the far back end of the truck.

According to the press release issued by the task force on Monday, the exhaust pipes could have easily been sawed off by now.

The public is to also be on the lookout for any individual with recent injuries to the head and upper body. On Saturday, Nichols said a "violent struggle," had taken place in the house and that the suspect(s) could have sustained injuries as well.

The Sheriff's Department is asking anyone with any information to call a 24-hour tip line at 732-3000.

Niotice the one comment left.

"I heard the cops already found the truck in question in Wapella. Mike Lander's towing. Apparently he had scratches on him, but he said he didn't do it, BUT he did say he knew who did it. If I were the cops, I'd be leaning super hard on this guy to get him to talk."

Comments (1)

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_f1115b12-ad25-11de-9864-001cc4c002e0.html

Brutal killings thrust sheriff into the spotlight

BEASON -- When Sheriff Steve Nichols arrived here last Monday afternoon, he brought 30 years' experience to decipher clues to a massacre.

Fourteen hours later, as police and technicians at the Gee home pored over their work, Dan Fulscher met Nichols at his Lincoln office.

"Be ready, Sheriff," said Fulscher, the county's emergency management director. "Today, you're going coast to coast."

Indeed, he did. The story of a family's mass murder in a tiny Illinois farm town was hard to resist for network and cable news shows, which showed clip after clip of Nichols and street scenes of Beason.

Those who know him best say he's the right person for the job.

"Steve Nichols is the kind of guy you want on a case like this," said Logan County Board Chairman Terry Carlton. "He will work tirelessly until he finds out who did it. He is very professional and reaches out to other agencies quickly and thoroughly. He networks real well, so he knows which agencies can help him and he uses them."

Professional background

Nichols, 53, has been sheriff since 2002 after spending nine years as a state trooper in Illinois and South Dakota and 11 years investigating child abuse and neglect for the Department of Children and Family Services.

His bachelor's degree in law enforcement is from the well-established program at Western Illinois University, Macomb. He's eligible for a third term as sheriff in 2010.

That is the truth!
..it would be odd if there were a couple of serial spree killers loose committing these murders. It's odd that the past couple they've chosen bludgeoning as the means. It's harder to beat somebody to death than shoot them, you'd think they'd pick an easier method, it's very odd.
Beating people to death is definitely an up close and personal choice for the killer(s)..

hello,

I am from outside Effingham this case has got me on edge.... jumping at everything.

I remember the case in Tuscola(shop at the outlets). the part that they came from Chicago made me think that the killer or killers could came from Springfield or the interstate.

I wish we could get a drawing or picture of the truck. if there one out there and I missed it can someone please direct me.

Be safe!!!

:sick::banghead: Well Hello, I 100% agree with you. I remember all the live news footage that day while I was home and dumbfounded how far they carried out their crimes and ending in a standoff at the bank!!! Amazing what people of desperate measures will go to. This crime creeps me out beyond all belief because I lived in Lincoln for a short time and had driven through Beason/Chestnut on numerous occasions. Small, Small town and something I would never expect to happen there. I can definitely describe many awful crimes in this horrendous town of Decatur, but there? No Way!! I have my own opinions, but that doesn't mean anything. That won't say a word and never will even though the things I have heard here are absolutely horrfiying if they are true... Hopefully, Talk to you soon. Sorry for my rambling!! Ann

I get you Misalis, know what you mean!!! Everyday I have everything locked up and watching for a truck that I see everyday 5-6 times a day and I am freaked out over living here in Decatur let alone what is roaming so close to home... Take Care and Keep Safe!!! BTW, Love how much Heyworth has grown... :dance::woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22
Back