IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black History Month, sanctuary cities, OJ, etc are not relevant to the discussion of this particular case, imo. They give the impression of being preoccupied with race, nationality, etc. as a cause/contributor to this particular crime.

To my knowledge, there is no evidence or MSM source definitively linking those political/ideological “hot potatoes” to this case or the actual motive behind any alleged crime that occurred.

I believe that was the point @Reasonable & Just was making in their post. I welcome correction if I’m wrong.
When Smollett claimed "two racist white men screaming MAGA" attacked him, he made it about race.

Black History Month, sanctuary cities, OJ, etc are not relevant to the discussion of this particular case, imo. They give the impression of being preoccupied with race, nationality, etc. as a cause/contributor to this particular crime.

To my knowledge, there is no evidence or MSM source definitively linking those political/ideological “hot potatoes” to this case or the actual motive behind any alleged crime that occurred.

I believe that was the point @Reasonable & Just was making in their post. I welcome correction if I’m wrong.

The terms were probably relevant to the poster who used them and "impressions of being preoccupied with race. . ." are in the eye of the beholder. IMO

Does anyone know approximately how long JS had been home when decided to go out to eat by himself? I'm curious either way why either Frank the choreographer was there for a long time and didn't go with him (or for him) or alternatively why they didn't pick up food on the way home from the airport or even at the airport if it was right after getting home.

I appreciate the question. I wouldn't presume to talk about "allowed" because I don't moderate the site. But if they are not relevant to the crime, then they may point to our own tendencies to stereotype, our own views on race and the racial divisions in this country. It is definitely not a comfortable thing to talk about, or even something that feels safe for many. But to me, it is worth taking a second look at the way I view others, and the associations I make - are they really relevant, or based on stereotypes?
I hope this helps, but it is definitely hard to write clearly about this topic, so I apologize if I am not clear.

I believe you write very clearly, and well. I agree that we should take a second look at the way we view others. The Bible even says we should first take the beam out of our own eye before we try to take the speck out of our brother's eye. You are absolutely right, good advice for all.

Does anyone know approximately how long JS had been home when decided to go out to eat by himself? I'm curious either way why either Frank the choreographer was there for a long time and didn't go with him (or for him) or alternatively why they didn't pick up food on the way home from the airport or even at the airport if it was right after getting home.

I wonder why JS didn't call a cab. It was too cold to be out walking that night.

When Smollett claimed "two racist white men screaming MAGA" attacked him, he made it about race.

I TOTALLY agree. Now that it's two of his buddies, he's hiding in the bushes. This after weeks front and center condemning the two "white guys with red hats, shouting MAGA country". It should NOT matter, the color or nationality of the person that violated him. He ask for justice and now he has justice.
I can see this being sweep under the rug...as us rednecks in the south, would say.
Just my opinion.

It’s Frank’s place not Jussie’s.

IMO it’s because none of your options fit the plans he already had in place with the brothers. Choreographer had to stay behind so he wouldn’t actually see the ‘attack’ but could still be the shocked friend who calls the police.

After Jussie Smollett reported being attacked in Chicago, his colleagues, politicians and many observers on social media were quick to condemn the incident and express support for Smollett.

Now as new details emerge, conversation around the case is more hesitant.
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation have told CNN that Chicago Police believe Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the alleged assault.

As Jussie Smollett story takes a turn, reaction shifts to wait and see

There are several articles about this in today's coverage, complete with links. None of them have to do with "rednecks".

JMO

I think LE has his phone records/text/IM/all sm accounts. Probably why they want him to come in, show them to him so he’ll fess up. Maybe
They’d have that information from the brothers, who turned over their phones.

JS never turned over his phone, so they wouldn’t have access to that information on his end.

They’d need a warrant for those things.

I anticipate that he will remain silent, ultimately be indicted, and we’ll see how this plays out from there.

Someone speculated last night that once JS didn’t get the reaction he desired from the fake death threat, he decided to orchestrate this hoax hate crime.

Apparently spot on.

Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, upset after a racist letter sent to the show’s studio didn’t get a “bigger reaction,” is suspected of paying two men to attack him a week later, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

“When the letter didn’t get enough attention, he concocted the staged attack,” a source told CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards. Other sources corroborated that information.

The note was crafted with letters apparently cut out from magazines to form words. The pieced-together message contained racial and homophobic threats directed at Smollett. A magazine is one of the pieces of evidence retrieved from the brother’s home last week during a search conducted by CPD. Investigators also recovered a book of stamps.

Jussie Smollett Case: Clues Into Potential Motive Behind The Attack

It’s Frank’s place not Jussie’s.

If it was Frank's place that would make even less sense. So neither Frank nor Jussie had food in their apartments? This is how the NY Times described it, but either way it makes it very curious:
He said that he landed in Chicago that evening and was picked up at the airport by his creative director, Frank Gatson. When they arrived at Smollett’s apartment, there was no food, Smollett said, so he went out to stop at Walgreens, which had closed. Then, Smollett said, he went to Subway to get a salad and on the way, he got on the phone with his manager, who was in Australia.
One of Two Men Questioned in Jussie Smollett Case Appeared on ‘Empire,’ Police Say
If Frank also lives in the complex and he's with him that's one less reason to go out in the polar vortex in the middle of the night.

But they were only reporting what they were being told by the Chicago Police Department.
From that article:

This is a fine idea, and there should be some distinction when referring to the media at large, but in this case the facts simply don’t bear out the premise that the press was not involved in an early pile-on. In fact, dozens of reporters Tweeted these very things, on the day the story broke.

The same journalists who were reporting the facts released by the CPD, were the ones stoking the flames on social media.

So they may have been simply reporting the facts on television and in print, but that didn’t extend to their commentary on Twitter, for example.

That’s where the problem lies.

IMO it’s because none of your options fit the plans he already had in place with the brothers. Choreographer had to stay behind so he wouldn’t actually see the ‘attack’ but could still be the shocked friend who calls the police.

I think LE is probably looking at others involved in Empire and they may be hoping that JS rolls like the Nigerians did, which is why they haven't arrested him yet. JS has said that he was reluctant to call LE, so apparently Frank was the one who called LE. The explanation for the LE call is all over the place with JS not calling LE but keeping the noose on for 45 minutes for LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa