IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jussie Smollett's siblings say he has been vilified by the 'irresponsible media' | Daily Mail Online
snip

, the actor's brother Jocqui shared a Malcolm X quote which read: 'This is the media, an irresponsible media. It will make the criminal look like he's the victim and make the victim look like he's the criminal.

'If you aren't careful, the media will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.'

In another post, Jocqui reposted a tweet which read: 'I have a feeling even if we had video of Jussie Smollett being attacked... y'all would still discredit him.

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

People are just delusional at this point. It's over. He lied.

Jussie Smollett's siblings say he has been vilified by the 'irresponsible media' | Daily Mail Online

Jussie Smollett's siblings hit out at naysayers on Tuesday and said their brother was the victim of a vicious media which has turned him into a villain.

In an Instagram post on Tuesday afternoon, the actor's brother Jocqui shared a Malcolm X quote which read: 'This is the media, an irresponsible media. It will make the criminal look like he's the victim and make the victim look like he's the criminal.

'If you aren't careful, the media will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.'

In another post, Jocqui reposted a tweet which read: 'I have a feeling even if we had video of Jussie Smollett being attacked... y'all would still discredit him.

It doesn't sound like Jocqui is following this story very closely.

This family sounds obsessed with "oppression." Didn't they grow up somewhat privileged?

It doesn't sound like Jocqui is following this story very closely.

This family sounds obsessed with "oppression." Didn't they grow up somewhat privileged?

It would seem he grew up very privileged. Born in Santa Rosa, CA wine country, he began his career in 1987 starring in commercials and films, notably Rob Reiner's North (1994).
Pausing for a moment to contemplate that last bit...:oops:

He went to a Catholic HS in well healed Paramus, NJ and I read that somewhere that he graduated from a historical black college, which are neither cheap or easy to get into. I'll have to look up the name.

Reading the assault police report I just noticed that they didn't classify the rope as a weapon, so LE at the time didn't even record it as a potential lynching!:
Jussie Smollett police report
I think JS really messed up with his tells, like at the time LE merely recorded that the rope was "draped" over him and then on GMA he used phrases like "tussle." The alleged fight was so minor that he couldn't even convincingly lie about it and instead couldn't help but signal how it was no big deal.

Also, wouldn't one's innate instinct to be to get that rope away from your neck, first thing? He had it around his neck when he returned home, is that correct? That was in initial articles, and it made no sense. I'd have taken that off my neck the second I felt it there.

Last edited:
Also, wouldn't one's FIRST instinct to be to get that rope away from your neck, first thing? He had it around his neck when he returned home, is that correct? That was in initial articles, and it made no sense. I'd have taken that off my neck the second I felt it there.

He claims he left the rope there as evidence of the crime he claimed he didn’t intend on reporting.

I wonder if he has asked his lawyers if he could try another take, he’d get the scene right this time.

I think half of Hollywood believe the stories/situations that they portray on tv/movies and are completely removed from reality. I don’t mean this in a political way either, I mean in the day to day functions that the rest of us deal with.

Yes, and see any yahoo comments on Smollett's and other hoaxes, and you see just as much racism. I despise all racism, I'm weird that way.

No. Its really by far not skewed that way. I'm quite rational about it. And when the power of law hasn't backed racism against whites, it's not the same thing.

It's a false equivalency.

In my study of the law I have seen how we continue to have a separate system of justice for certain minority groups that hinders their ability to progress. One small example is the powder cocaine laws compared to rock cocaine laws. Powder was used more by wealthier white people and crack by poorer blacks. Crack has notoriously been subject to vastly harsher sentences, as a result.

And while hate is evil no matter where it stems from, there's a difference in the power of hate toward a group due to a belief in the instrinsic inferiority and criminality and hate due to the experience of being oppressed by one group.

None of this should take away from the fact that bias can be destructive and that some can cruelly and dangerously capitalize on racial tensions and racism that has been endemic to our nation for centuries.

I would argue that a man like Smollett is just a dangerous as a man in a pointy white hood. And if he doesn't loose his career over this, there is no justice.

Interesting, his own "people" are hanging him out. There is a gal on YouTube with a standup routine on "Jussie", and it is hilarious. She should have a show.

The sad thing, really, is that here is a man who seemingly, had the world. An actor on a show, invited to the "right" parties in Hollywood, connected with political leaders, and he wanted more. His flawed criminal thinking is epic.

Apparently, he is still digging down, that he is a "victim" here. He just doesn't get "it". He is too Hollywood, to understand that a true homophobic racist, who went to the trouble to attack him at night, in below zero weather, would have beat him so badly, he wouldn't have been able to walk, let alone drive himself to the hospital. RIP Matthew Shepherd.
Jussie comparing himself to Tupac has the black community pretty ticked off. He's no Tupac.

I wonder if he has asked his lawyers if he could try another take, he’d get the scene right this time.

I think half of Hollywood believe the stories/situations that they portray on tv/movies and are completely removed from reality. I don’t mean this in a political way either, I mean in the day to day functions that the rest of us deal with.

Good point. I believe many of those those driven enough to make it in Hollywood are, frankly, narcissists. And have a skewed view of the world and themselves.

The Daily Mail with another update.

'Nervous' Nigerian brothers were filmed taking a ride-share to Jussie Smollett attack' | Daily Mail Online

The Nigerian brothers at the heart of the Jussie Smollett attack were filmed looking 'nervous' as they took a ride-share to the spot where they jumped him, it has been claimed.

According to police sources cited by CBS and Page Six, Abel and Ola Osundairo were filmed in a car on their way to the downtown Chicago spot where they are said to have attacked Smollett.

[...]

upload_2019-2-20_2-53-11.jpeg

Smollett posted multiple Instagram stories documenting his flight delays on the night of his alleged assault

upload_2019-2-20_2-53-45.jpegupload_2019-2-20_2-54-0.jpeg

[...]

Jussie Smollett's siblings hit out at naysayers on Tuesday and said their brother was the victim of a vicious media which has turned him into a villain.

In an Instagram post on Tuesday afternoon, the actor's brother Jocqui shared a Malcolm X quote which read: 'This is the media, an irresponsible media. It will make the criminal look like he's the victim and make the victim look like he's the criminal.

And the spinning begins...................moo

Also, wouldn't one's innate instinct to be to get that rope away from your neck, first thing? He had it around his neck when he returned home, is that correct? That was in initial articles, and it made no sense. I'd have taken that off my neck the second I felt it there.
My observation so grain of salt-his social media from at least 2011 has centered around foul language, an obsession with nooses, & hate filled rhetoric about MY Orange Crush.
I'd like to see all 3 of these what have yous in jail. At the very least. These brothers weren't noble-they got caught otherwise IMO their consciences would not be an issue.
Last, i cant boycott his show, never saw it so instead I'll just boycott all of FOX. Only watched Last Man Standing & I can skip that now, they'll do just fine without me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500