IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTF14

Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's kind of terrible to doubt this straight off the bat. Whatever happened to believing victims until proved otherwise? Whatever happened to showing support and kindness and giving people the benefit of the doubt? Politics should be put aside. People shouldn't let it get in the way of being victim friendly. Sure, it might be a lie, but it also might be the truth, and people should support him until it's proven either way. This kind of immediate anti-victim skepticism is bad for society imo.

He went to the hospital and has now been discharged, and went to the police. It's very hard to beat yourself up, you know. It seems like the bleach aspect of the attack is unconfirmed - rather it was an 'unknown substance'. Can't have been acid or anything like that if he was already discharged. May have been alcohol or something.

People (not here, elsewhere) only seem to doubt this because of the politically charged chants the perpetrators were apparently saying. It's like people somehow can't think that the far right are capable of this sort of thing. According to one report, all 50 extremist killings in the US in 2018 had links to far right extremism, mostly white supremacists. ( All of the extremist killings in the US in 2018 had links to right-wing extremism, according to new report )

As part of the LGBTQ+ community, we do face this kind of harassment and attacks. Especially a semi-public figure like Jussie. Too many people I know have been targeted. Friends have ended up black and blue after holding hands on the street. I like to think that I would be believed by the wider community if this happened to me, rather than dismissed so quickly. Luckily, the worst I've had is verbal threats and being spat at.

Until evidence to the contrary comes out, I'm going to believe him. Just like I would believe any victim until proven otherwise. Maybe this is too close to my heart because similar things have happened to my friends, especially POC. I will of course accept it if it isn't true.
Im glad you are having an open mind about the outcome and im sorry for anything affecting your or any community. However, as you know being on this site, we can only go off what was "reported thus far" And what was reported:

"Smollett took himself to Northwestern Hospital and "is in good condition,"

investigators canvassed the neighborhood where the reported attack occurred and have found no still images or video from security cameras of the incident.

The Streeterville neighborhood where the alleged attack occurred has a very high density of city and private surveillance cameras. As of 10 p.m. Tuesday, detectives canvassed and reviewed hundreds of hours of video and have now expanded.

Unfortunately, thus far we have not found any helpful information on a suspect or a suspect's vehicle to be able to share."

I too would except and champion against any crime and stand with you. Don't mistake my skepticism for tolerance of criminal activity, however I followed many of these cases, some touted, some not in the media and most are false claims that make it harder on true victims of crime. I believe in evidence before narrative and at this point you can point to the media as to why doubt outlandish claims without fact checking first. Not the other way around..

Also, this matter is being taken seriously by the authorities. I mean the FBI is involved??? Just because we are both looking for truth in the situation, blindly "believing" is not the rout I take when the facts stated don't add up. Much like child abductions that don't follow the logical path without evidence. Just know regardless, WE ALL are against crime of any sort and look to help others. That is why we signed up on here. Thank you for your point of view and sharing your experience. I look forward to seeing justice served in this situation, one way or another..

I believe the attack happened, just not sure it was how the media is twisting it. I’ve seen several versions so far. I’m not convinced it’s being reported the way Jussie actually stated it happened.
Let’s see what comes straight from LE or Jussie.

He has been charged with a felony.

How is he a victim?

Where am I right now?

Jussie Smollett victimized everyone. People who live in the area, and are black or gay, felt on edge, like they could be attacked as well. A noose is no joke. It is serious criminal behavior.

White people also were victims here, and people who were normally friends, wondered if they could have been the attackers. They were collectively "guilty".

I won't go onto to the political figures Smollett victimized, or everyone else who believed Smollett.

Smollett is a sociopath, to plan such a heinous act, for some sort of attention, or profit to sell tickets for his show. He lied to so many people, it is epic. And all for some twisted self aggrandizement. He didn't care who he hurt.
9 Ways to Spot a Sociopath

Jussie Smollett victimized everyone. People who live in the area, and are black or gay, felt on edge, like they could be attacked as well. A noose is no joke. It is serious criminal behavior.

White people also were victims here, and people who were normally friends, wondered if they could have been the attackers. They were collectively "guilty".

I won't go onto to the political figures Smollett victimized, or everyone else who believed Smollett.

Smollett is a sociopath, to plan such a heinous act, for some sort of attention, or profit to sell tickets for his show. He lied to so many people, it is epic. And all for some twisted self aggrandizement. He didn't care who he hurt.
9 Ways to Spot a Sociopath

There could have been even more victims as well. Say cameras captured 2 white men in the area of the “attack”, and police tracked them down and arrested them. What would Jussie have said? I would wager he would have kept the charade going and said those were the people who attacked him

Great work by the CPD in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member